• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so defiant of mobile games and microtransactions for the longest time, yet in the last 6 months I've gotten into Terra Battle, then Pokemon Shuffle, and now Record Keeper. I was playing the first two regularly already so now I gotta keep track of the stamina in a third game...

Thankfully, I've kept my wallet in check. I've only spent a total of $10 between all games and that was all towards Terra Battle because I wanted to support the devs.

The next logical step for me is meth.

Stider

All this talk of replacing Rydia is insane. All of you are insane.

Her Thundara hits like a truck. She is my ace in the party!

Yep Rydia is awesome atm, with being able to use black+white magic, even the 1st level spells do a fair bit of damage with her.

JNA

Banned
My problem with Rydia at the problem is that she is dies pretty quick for my team. Probably due to her really low health.

It's hard to keep her alive to use her magic. :(

Colby

With a skill like "Guard," how long does it last? Same with Regen...some skills say "temporarily," and some don't, so I'm confused.

My problem with Rydia at the problem is that she is dies pretty quick for my team. Probably due to her really low health.

Shouldn't be a problem... you plop her into the back row to prevent physical damage then you're good to go... The only problem I had was that she is acquired a little later than the rest of the 'core' team so far, and thus was 7-9 levels lower than everyone else. But a few rounds in the FFIV areas before moving on got her on par with everyone else.

Stider

Do you have her in the front/back row? If in front you should change her to back row.

Also how is everyone going with levels? My party ranges from level 31 to 33(hard mode exp event gives massive exp, 25-30k for a champion victory).

Also how is everyone going with levels? My party ranges from level 31 to 33(hard mode exp event gives massive exp, 25-30k for a champion victory).

16 (Rydia) to 19 (Cloud). Only beat the first expert level so far... feels like I should be higher level right now...

JNA

Banned
Shouldn't be a problem... you plop her into the back row to prevent physical damage then you're good to go... The only problem I had was that she is acquired a little later than the rest of the 'core' team so far, and thus was 7-9 levels lower than everyone else. But a few rounds in the FFIV areas before moving on got her on par with everyone else.

holy-sht.gif

Wait, that's what back row does!?...I played and finished FF 1, 2 and 3 yet I knew nothing about that.

...SON OF A BITCH!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
holy-sht.gif

Wait, that's what back row does!?...I played and finished FF 1, 2 and 3 yet I knew nothing about that.

...SON OF A BITCH!

Lol...What did you think the back row was for?

Well..I thought it only lessened the damage. Not null the whole physical damage completely.

...welp.

It cuts physical damage in half, Rydia's magic defense is high so it practically gives her heavy armor with no draw backs. She's quite hardy back there, and White Mage who's a couple levels higher tends to die more than her.

Wazzy

Banned
I just spent way too much money trying to get Buster Sword.....and I still didn't get it. ; ;

29 fucking draws UGH

JNA

Banned
It doesn't null it completely. :p

It cuts physical damage in half, Rydia's magic defense is high so it practically gives her heavy armor with no draw backs. She's quite hardy back there, and White Mage who's a couple levels higher tends to die more than her.

Oh...well that works for me then. XD

Gotta get that Gown son

Yi4TeA9l.png

Well I got 23 Mythril at the moment. Just need two more and hopefully I can get a Buster Sword out of the 5 draws so I won't have to worry about such trivial things like armor. :p

So I just started this last night, did the first two FF7 'dungeons'.

Wondering how feasible it is to play this without having to buy mythril or crystals or whatever.

Also, is it me, or does the battery drain about 1% per minute of gameplay? Maybe it's just my Samsung, but I'll never play this without my phone on the charger!

So I just started this last night, did the first two FF7 'dungeons'.

Wondering how feasible it is to play this without having to buy mythril or crystals or whatever.

Also, is it me, or does the battery drain about 1% per minute of gameplay? Maybe it's just my Samsung, but I'll never play this without my phone on the charger!

The battery drain is real. The game is completely feasible to play without paying anything, though if you do the daily dungeons you may need to take a break now and then for stamina to recharge... The classic dungeons available are about 5 hours of gameplay in my experience.

The battery drain is real. The game is completely feasible to play without paying anything, though if you do the daily dungeons you may need to take a break now and then for stamina to recharge... The classic dungeons available are about 5 hours of gameplay in my experience.

Ah, that's cool. So it's ok if I just do 1-2 dungeons a day or something? Can't see myself playing it more than that on a daily basis.

Fauve

Wow, the drop rate for lesser orbs is horrendous in the daily. I got only 2 orbs in 3 complete runs of normal. I guess I'll go back to farming classics since I had better luck there.

Ashodin

Wow, the drop rate for lesser orbs is horrendous in the daily. I got only 2 orbs in 3 complete runs of normal. I guess I'll go back to farming classics since I had better luck there.

I farm elites now, much more EXP and better drop rates :)

Ah, that's cool. So it's ok if I just do 1-2 dungeons a day or something? Can't see myself playing it more than that on a daily basis.

You can literally beat the entire classic mode out right now in one sitting without too much worry of running out of stamina... but it will be tiring. If you're only looking to play one or two dungeons a day, the daily will be right up your alley.

JNA

Banned
Welp, used my 25 Mythril. No Buster Sword :(.

I got the Royal Gown tho. And some better weapons for the others.

Looks like Rydia won't die that much anymore. :D

Does anyone know the daily rotations for the Events?

I can't see them in game anymore.

Monday - Orbs wind/nonelemental/ice/holy
Tuesday - Weapon materials
Wednesday - Orbs black/white/power and gil
Thusday - Orbs fire/dark/earth/lightning.
Friday - Armor materials
Saturday - gil
Sunday - XP

The display for them is listed under 'rules'

Question: Do dailies reset their mythril after a week? If I do sunday's dungeon's next week will I get new mythril or only from the hard one I haven't done before?

Mknzy

So I have been enjoying this game enough that I decided to do one 10+1 pack and got lucky enough to get a couple of 4* armors and a buster sword. Then when I hit 5 mythril I went ahead and did another pull and ended up with a 2nd buster sword. Now the buster sword is better than any other weapon that I own, so I am trying to decide. Am I best off just going ahead and equiping it on a second character that can use it, or combining the two to make one even more powerful weapon. Personally I am leaning to having both of them equiped to seperate characters to have two with extra powerful physical attacks for now, then later in the game when I have more weapons on this level I can combine them. Your thoughts?

So I have been enjoying this game enough that I decided to do one 10+1 pack and got lucky enough to get a couple of 4* armors and a buster sword. Then when I hit 5 mythril I went ahead and did another pull and ended up with a 2nd buster sword. Now the buster sword is better than any other weapon that I own, so I am trying to decide. Am I best off just going ahead and equiping it on a second character that can use it, or combining the two to make one even more powerful weapon. Personally I am leaning to having both of them equiped to seperate characters to have two with extra powerful physical attacks for now, then later in the game when I have more weapons on this level I can combine them. Your thoughts?

This. It's the strongest weapon out there and combining only opens the door for it to be stronger (you still need to actually level it up which will take a large chunk of change and gear).

garath

I should try the hard dungeon today. I haven't even attempted one but I can auto my way through normal for the most part. My party has all 2-3* equipment and is level 23-24. Possible or waste of stamina?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I should try the hard dungeon today. I haven't even attempted one but I can auto my way through normal for the most part. My party has all 2-3* equipment and is level 23-24. Possible or waste of stamina?

Possibly. But it depends on the monsters. I finished my first hardmode at 24ish but had 2 members dead at the end.

Now I'm 29 and things are a fair amount easier since I have 4-5* armor and 3-4* weapons.

garath

Hards on a whole other level. I was taking ~2k damage with 2-3 star gear with a level 20 party.

Possibly. But it depends on the monsters. I finished my first hardmode at 24ish but had 2 members dead at the end.

Now I'm 29 and things are a fair amount easier since I have 4-5* armor and 3-4* weapons.

Hmm.. Sounds borderlined then. The only advantage to today's hard would be my tidus has a boost in the dungeon. I may just take a quick stab at it and lose horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom