• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

5 Mythril here!

I wish they would just put those yummy orb celebration days more often, thanks to that (and spending a little mythril, mind you) I have gotten 5-6 chars to level 65.

MicH

I didn't get any mythril. Ah well, it's fine, I've had some good luck with my pulls lately. Four character relics (one being a BSB and another a SSB) in 30 mythril is damn good

No mythril for me!

Can someone please explain what is meant by whaling?

Whales are players who spend massive amounts of money on Microtransactions. So depending how it's used, it either means a player is planning on spending money on a game (usually for a specific item that they really want), or in terms of the game developers, designing the game (or banner, or whatever) to be particularly irresistible to players, tempting them to open their wallets.

Also...4th place, whoo! Of course, it won't mean anything if it pulls diddly-squat, but it was still a very pleasant surprise this morning. =)
idF4xgC.jpg

MrDaravon

Nothing for me either. In a way I feel like this is kind of the shittiest thing they've done; they do a download milestone celebration and can't even give all of the players a token 5 mythril lol. I'm not even mad about it, it's just like really?

Grzi

Guess I'm a member of the 0 mythril club as well.

Can't be mad tho, still feeling the satisfaction of finally pulling the Fusion Sword.

ZangBa

I feel like the 0 Mythril is a mistake or something, maybe just delayed for some people, because that seems really shitty. I got 5 myself.

Generally its someone who keeps throwing money at the gatcha till they get the thing they want and since the thing you want is 1% you could spend $1000s for it

Yep. Its used commonly in F2P monetization as a visualisation model so it's not just an internet-slang thing either. Something like this (if you do the 100 Gem every banner and nothing else you'd be a Dolphin!):

ultra7k

Yep. Its used commonly in F2P monetization as a visualisation model so it's not just an internet-slang thing either. Something like this (if you do the 100 Gem every banner and nothing else you'd be a Dolphin!):

haha guess I'm more of a dolphin than I'd thought. I went nuts over the XII Runeblade once and quickly learned my lesson.

haha guess I'm more of a dolphin than I'd thought. I went nuts over the XII Runeblade once and quickly learned my lesson.

I'd say I'm a dolphin but just for this month. I added some funds so that I could do the 100 gem banner pulls. I'd never pay for an 11x pull though. That's a hell of a lot of money.

Grzi

I'm a dolphin, for now. I plan to keep on spending 9 bucks every month.

Also, looks like the 0 mythril club is no more. Everyone gets 1 (one) mythril lmao

Slow down DeNa, don't wanna spoil us Global players.

Falk

that puzzling face

Those numbers seem kinda off for 2015, let alone 2016.

Shit has gotten nuts especially when trends migrated from solely Japan/China/Korea to places with rich oil barons.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Guess I'm a whale this month. Paid to do an 11 pull for Fusion Sword. Was lucky and also got Magic Comb. Been really lucky with this banner. My other mythril 11 pull gave me Zack's, Tifa's and 2 of Cid's 5*.

Won just the 1 complimentary mythril though.

MrDaravon

1 Mythril is almost worse than none lol.

It's nice to be caught up on the current events though so I can go back to trying to grind out dungeons, about to hit 146 Stamina. Gonna be goddamn baller if I can ever get caught up.

Wondering if I R3 Full Break or not... I am flush on MPO...

Seriously tempted to do the same thing. I R2'd Sword Flash, but even though it's an extremely powerful move, I don't want to R3 it since there's not enough 5* samurai for which I have useful SBs. And while I've never strictly needed R3 Full Break...it'd definitely give a lot of breathing room.

I haven't upgraded any moves in forever. Mind you I haven't been doing any of the Ultimates, but I've cleared all the other bonus battles for the last several events.

I pretty much just brute force everything with Cloud/Sephiroth/RedXIII (I have a diamond pin)/Lenna and a +1.

It kind of sucks that most of the strategy in this game is balanced around load outs. I get why, because F2P, but ugh if it doesn't kill my interest in doing the high difficulty stuff.

MrDaravon

WOW the boss of the current final FF3 dungeon (Lake Dohr, 140 Difficulty) is straight up fucked, especially with me having no FF3 synergy (2 helmets). Like, I cannot even come close to beating this thing, I had a way easier time with fucking Adel than this. Jesus Christ. Well I guess I'm doing this later and NOT hitting 146 Stamina since I had timed the stamina out perfectly assuming I was beating this dungeon right now -_-

Kain

btw I was checking future events and yes, Ramza's SSB is very cool and all, but before there is the Freya event with Eiko's Fairy Flute: All allies, heal & Reraise (40% HP). That's pretty dope.

MicH

I'm personally not a fan of Reraise as the dead units are revived with no buffs so they're most likely gonna die again unless you get your buffs up again quickly

Dragner

reraise is kind of meh IMO, in ultimate fights you will wake up without mitigation and your healer on cooldown, you will go down instantly probably.

Relm SSB on the other hand is Curaga + Heavy regen, I would go for that probably. a HoTF on steroids.

Those numbers seem kinda off for 2015, let alone 2016.

Shit has gotten nuts especially when trends migrated from solely Japan/China/Korea to places with rich oil barons.

I just googled a decent image to show the model, didn't check how up to date it was!

ZangBa

Wasted 60 stamina picking the wrong RW, now I have to wait 3 hours. ._.

And then I manage to clear it anyway, only to realize I forgot I had to bring Magic Breakdown.

Honestly as excited as I am for the upcoming FFT banner realistically I just need a great offensive SB/SSB to partner with life siphon since flames of war is essentially scream light. Hovering at 600 mythril I really dunno what I should pull outside of SSB celebration on since I have natural holy trinity.

Dragner

Honestly as excited as I am for the upcoming FFT banner realistically I just need a great offensive SB/SSB to partner with life siphon since flames of war is essentially scream light. Hovering at 600 mythril I really dunno what I should pull outside of SSB celebration on since I have natural holy trinity.

Well, tactics banners dont have offensive SSB and if you have flames of war already pulling there may be a waste, I would look to the FFXII banner that is just after it, it has Balthier SSB (multi-hit enfire thats amazing) thats very good on a very good character, Fran SSB that is AOE full break, Basch shield thats a better hand of emperor that has lightning + damage if you have Tyro Stormlance grimoire, with that he will hit almost like Lightning SSB, Penelo AOE heal + boostga,...

After that maybe try to pull for whatever you want, you have ton of mythril, you can try push for Squall BSSB and then hoard for BSSB banners (PCecil, Tyro and Bartz BSSBs will be there, probably the best of the game), also Platinum sword comes back there, Platinum sword has been in 4 banners already (Tactics, Support Abyss, BSSB fest and Dissidia) so there are tons of chances of getting it.

I've found that FF8 seems to be my weakest synergy dungeon. Took about 7 attempts to beat Odin before finally managing it with a Flames of War RW and slowing the battle speed down to make fewer mistakes. I barely have any decent FF8 equipment though at least 2 relics (Seifer and Rinoa).

How hard are the soldiers if I struggled against Odin? I don't have many AoE attacks though I'd have thought I could at least take more protective measures since fast damage isn't as critical in the next fight...

Tried an 11 pull for Quistis' relic but didn't even get an FF8 piece of equipment!

ZangBa

Mastered Adel. I don't know, I had an easier time with Seymour. Wouldn't call it easy, but reasonable enough to be manageable with subpar gear. Celes was pretty helpful.

YES. YES. YES.

I beat Bahamut SIN without using Mythril. I had five (maybe ten) ready for the ten Major Orbs (doubly so since most of that was Black/Power).

This was my second attempt. The first one with a mage and Hymn of the Faith collapsed due to low damage output. I figured the damage I was taking was (mostly) manageable so Planet Protector came in. Y'shtola was choking at having to maintain cures while timing new Stonewalls and Protectgas, but it worked out. Actually, I had to defend up at the end to wait for new dogs to come out (which was scary cause HP was getting ouch).

Bring on Super Soul Break festival. I don't know how much further I can go without one, haha.

Kaiterra

Banned
10 Mythril here.

Went for a last 3-draw on the Fusion Sword banner and got my sixth FF4 Dancing Dagger. That's not entirely a complaint; I was keeping a second Dancing Dagger+ for a reason.

Adel was a really nice change of pace from Bahamut. I didn't beat Bahamut and I am giving up trying to, but I got her in one go. The Esthar Soldier fight was actually way harder. just because of the obtuse medal conditions and Shotgun not being affected by Draw Fire. Used Advantaliate plus Magic Shield/Breakdown/Shellga/SSII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom