• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Hmmm, how hard is Adel? Looking at this as possibly the first Ultimate boss I'm able to clear. I have decent mitigation (native SG, Stardust Ray and Hymn of the Fayth) but my FF8 synergy is total crap (two items), I only have Full Break at r1 and I don't have Carbuncle (which I could address but I'd need to do Orb Conversions since I have like no GHO for some reason but a bunch of MHO). I mean worse case it's just three hours (?) of Stamina wasted so no harm done for attempting it really, but how critical is Carbuncle and what RW should I go in with?

Balphon

Hmmm, how hard is Adel? Looking at this as possibly the first Ultimate boss I'm able to clear. I have decent mitigation (native SG, Stardust Ray and Hymn of the Fayth) but my FF8 synergy is total crap (two items), I only have Full Break at r1 and I don't have Carbuncle (which I could address but I'd need to do Orb Conversions since I have like no GHO for some reason but a bunch of MHO). I mean worse case it's just three hours (?) of Stamina wasted so no harm done for attempting it really, but how critical is Carbuncle and what RW should I go in with?

It's a very straightforward ultimate. With all the mitigation you have you should be fine even with low damage. I think there may be too much AoE involved for Carbuncle though.

Dragner

Adel has lower defense than most ultimates, even lower than Maduin, offense as long as you have 1 good attacker it doesnt matter, mitigation is more key to resist Ultima, and you are good there.

MrDaravon

So Carbuncle isn't super critical then?

Also what RW should I go with? I've got a level 80 Cloud with a Blitz Sword, should I just go for broke with Fenrir and try to burst it down?

Dragner

Also what RW should I go with? I've got a level 80 Cloud with a Blitz Sword, should I just go for broke with Fenrir and try to burst it down?

Carbuncle doesnt do much against most attacks....i wouldnt bother.

You have everything more or less cover so you can pick maybe an offensive RW like Fenrir Overdrive?. Or maybe go supersafe with Dreamstage to negate Ultima, but I dont think you need that.

Balphon

You have all the defensive tools you need natively so I'd go with something damaging. Fenrir is probably your best option.

MrDaravon

Hahaha managed to do Adel on my 3rd attempt using only one Mythril. All I had left standing at the end was Cloud with like 2% life. Brought a Fenrir which was probably the right call with my setup. Hardest thing I've completed so far in the game, highlighted for sure though that my biggest weakness right now is hones, I really need to get Full Break up to r2 for example, that would have made a difference and probably would have killed her before she wiped out everyone else. I also should have just brought Shellga, I had a harder time then I thought keeping it up via Judgment Ray. My Breakdowns being at r2 was sufficient but r3 would have given me a bit more leeway.

All in all not too terrible, a slight setup change and one more hone on Full Break would have probably gotten me Mastery. Not sure if I'm gonna go back for that, I think if I can get Full Break up to r2 before this goes away I'll try it again then. Still fairly happy at clearing my first Ultimate though :D

Edit: Nope, nowhere even close to being able to hone Full Break to r2 anytime soon, even with converting I'm like 10 MIO and 9 MPO short. Ah well, would be nice to get the MO's for Mastery but nothing I'm going to stress out over.

If anyone is having issues with Adel, particularly with her Ultima attacks, consider Selphie's Dreamstage as a RW. It's really effective.

Beat Ultimate Adel with a single piece of FFVIII synergy (a 5* generic fist I equipped on Red). Had to s/l a few times but it wasn't too hard.

I'll give Bahamut Sin a shot tonight, but I'm expecting a lot more trouble with him. My FFVII synergy is really good tho.
If you have trouble with Bahamut SIN, try this strategy. It worked like a charm for me and I have awful offensive FFVII synergy. Considering you have Fenrir Overdrive, it should be even easier for you.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, with the way the fight is structured Dreamstage is like two AOE heals in one.

It's also one of those fights where burning too fast will probably kill you if you're recovering from the first phase change Ultima.

You might consider running Gilgamesh or Auron with an rs sword and flame blossom r4. Check the atk difference with sephiroth, you may have a weapon that puts him on par with their atk.

If I were you:
Zack: life siphon r4. Armor break. Use the break and then spam lifesiphon until the second add. Use his sb on the 2nd and 4th add since you only have 3 turns to kill. Save the last two-three sb uses for the end to rapid fire down.
Best samurai with flame blossom r4 and Magic break
Cloud? Drain strike and pound. If you have another damage sb, run them with life siphon here instead.
Sazh full break power breakdown mako might
Yshtola curaja protecga dr Mog

I would take hymn of the faith as the rw, you're going to need the healing.

You can include a Mage with meteor r3 and ruinga or ifrit r5 if you. An get your mag high enough to outpace your third attacker.

Good luck.
You definitely have a few similarities with my team. Here's what I ended up rolling with:

Y'shtola & Sazh were easily able to keep SS2/Boon up at pretty much all times due to the adds and AoE. Yuna & Sephiroth were my AoE damage. Squall's job was to build SB to burst down the second Gigaflare/Petaflare with Blasting Zone, since those ones had such short time limits. Sephiroth also had the honor of summoning my Fenrir OD RW, which I tried to use on the second orbs, though I refrained from doing so if the dogs were up. This ended up with me eating the second Gigaflare, but my defenses were rock-solid, thankfully. Yuna ran completely out of casts, and Sephiroth only had 1x Mirror of Equity left.

Bonus: Here's Squall dealing with the last guy in Laguna's +++ event. Poor guy should have just died from the AoE spam like everyone else.
Thanks for the tips/reassurance (what was in my head was pretty much these two setups mixed up).

I'm gonna give it a run tomorrow though, too lethargic tonight.

It's tomorrow morning that we receive our Mythrils from the 10M downloads sweepstakes! Will it be 100, 75, 50, 25, 10 or 5 Mythrils awaiting you in your delivery box?

I know that I will win 1 from my daily login! I don't expect more... However, I would be ready to bet on a few names on here who will get lucky once again! ;)

WarAdept

It's tomorrow morning that we receive our Mythrils from the 10M downloads sweepstakes! Will it be 100, 75, 50, 25, 10 or 5 Mythrils awaiting you in your delivery box?

I know that I will win 1 from my daily login! I don't expect more... However, I would be ready to bet on a few names on here who will get lucky once again! ;)

I forgot about this. All the salt in the world will pile upon those who post their 100 Mithril winnings.

Aww I wanted a FF1 Banner to coincide with Relics of Light. Ah well, it's not like anyone needs FF1 synergy (or uses WoL much).

Kain

I'm going to try Adel, it will be the first time I bring Tyro for anything, but I need magic breakdown and I don't have anyone else that can use it with acceptable levels.

I tried before without MB and Adel was hitting my healer for 2500 even with Shell on, I just can't take that xD

I'll cycle my RWs until I get Selphie's (Fabul Castle here I go!) and hope for the best. With Squall and Seifer hitting her with all I got I hope I have enough DPS.

MicH

I'm going to try Adel, it will be the first time I bring Tyro for anything, but I need magic breakdown and I don't have anyone else that can use it with acceptable levels.

I tried before without MB and Adel was hitting my healer for 2500 even with Shell on, I just can't take that xD

I'll cycle my RWs until I get Selphie's (Fabul Castle here I go!) and hope for the best. With Squall and Seifer hitting her with all I got I hope I have enough DPS.
I can put up my Selphie for you so you have a better chance of having it appear. My ID is 9rsP

MicH

Holy shit, someone on Reddit did 23 11-pulls on the Red Scorpion banner. With gems. My god. He eventually got it, but that's a crap load of money! He got multiple of every other featured 5* too, of course

I chased Red Scorpion yesterday. After 23 separate x11 draws (Gems), I scored one Red Scorpion. My overall results:
Red Scorpion x1
Cardinal x4
Ulysses x2
Maverick x4
Hyperion x2
Esthar Bracers x4
Galbadian Elite Armor x7
My interest in Red Scorpion is based solely upon upcoming Cid's Missions, especially Record Dive Fragment Ifrit.

Wazzy

Banned
Holy shit, someone on Reddit did 23 11-pulls on the Red Scorpion banner. With gems. My god. He eventually got it, but that's a crap load of money! He got multiple of every other featured 5* too, of course
I'm really happy I'm lucky on Banners that feature new Rinoa weapons.

23 is just an insane amount to spend. That's almost $900.

Grzi

New Tactics event coming to Japan, featuring Ramza BSB + Delita, Ovelia and Mustadio with their SSBs that look crazy on paper. I'm expecting Agrias to get an SSB as well.

I just got 3rd prize in my item chest. Mythril x 50 :D
But I kinda hoard Mythril
I'm a bit mixed feelings. I'd rather better relic draw luck :(

Poor Adel. Falls flat to advance+retaliate:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/49mmcx/how_to_cheese_adel_with_no_rs_and_sb/

Basically the Ultima ATB is reset by the next forced Ultima cast thus Ultima never gets a chance to be used. Dismissal can also do the same thing for people less capable of damage.

I’ve reached a point where the only elites I have yet to master require some series Record Synergy from characters that I don’t have leveled up to 65. I don’t have enough eggs to make some of them viable options, and leveling up in this game is so tedious. It’s getting to that point again where I only play to do the events.

tl;dr We need a better leveling system and major growth eggs shouldn’t be such a rare commodity

Razmos

I got 5 mythril, can't complain considering I didn't think I'd win anything.

Though I think everyone gets 5 Mythril? In which case, boooo

MrDaravon

Just wait to Tactics banner. The whaling will be strong on that one.

Yup. Thank fucking god I don't have the money to really spend otherwise I'd probably be right there, but that's partially because I love FFT and not just because of the item stats/abilities.

5 Mythril here too! It's an extra draw somewhere down the line and better than nothing.

We need a better leveling system and major growth eggs shouldn’t be such a rare commodity

I don't really think it's so bad. Sure I don't have the hundreds of eggs stockpile some of the Day 1 guys do, but given I only really 'level' on Sundays and with the eggs given out from events I think my roster is pretty levelled.

Quick stock take from six months (to the day!) of play:

10 Characters over level 65
15 Characters at 65
43 Characters between 50 and 64

Thanks, I'll add you guys soon. I got Bahamut down to around 20% before I ate it because Sephiroth got taken out before I could heal him back up. Trying to do it with a native LH and Tifa as a RW lolol Might give it one more try before I try switching out

Adel was pretty easy for me, but I have to go back to Master because 2 characters died towards the end when my Wall RWs ran out. Probably could stagger them later and be fine

Oh well, no Mythril for me as expected. It goes with my very abysmal good 100 gems pull rate and never getting a relic for a character I wanted. This game dislike me but at least I keep kicking its ass!

You got something, that's not unlucky. I haven't received anything.

This... Many people disappointed by their 5 mythrils on Reddit. I would have been happy with a free 25 inventory increase instead of nothing.

5 mythril, not the worst.

Re: leveling. You don't need to level everyone, just focus on getting a few folks to 50 for their rm and then level others that you draw a relic for. That is what I did in Jp. It is much faster over there since you can unlock characters immediately and you have better dailies to level, not to mention better banners to pull from, but he principle is the same. Get a core of five characters up to 65/80 first that you clear hard challenges with and then level up others as you pull their relics.

Is this the only banner we'll see red scorpion in? Considering we have a banner festival coming up this month and then the bsb festival before he ifrit challenge, not to mention another what, two viii events, surely we'll see this item pop up again with better accompanying relics, right?

Dragner

Is this the only banner we'll see red scorpion in? Considering we have a banner festival coming up this month and then the bsb festival before he ifrit challenge, not to mention another what, two viii events, surely we'll see this item pop up again with better accompanying relics, right?

It comes back with Rinoa BSSB, in 5 months or so.

Selphie's SSB comes back 2 times before and again in this event.

5 Mythril here too! It's an extra draw somewhere down the line and better than nothing.

I don't really think it's so bad. Sure I don't have the hundreds of eggs stockpile some of the Day 1 guys do, but given I only really 'level' on Sundays and with the eggs given out from events I think my roster is pretty levelled.

Quick stock take from six months (to the day!) of play:

10 Characters over level 65
15 Characters at 65
43 Characters between 50 and 64

Meh, running sundailies is so tedious and boring though. I wish max leveled characters didn't eat up their share of experience.

5 myhtril here btw, y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom