• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarekx

I don't think I've ever taken down an ultimate boss as fast as I did Adel. PP + LH + SSII + Fenrir Overdrive + Crushing Blow = destruction! Didn't even have to reapply any buffs and only losf 1 medal!

I had basically the same team besides SG for SSII. She went down so quick.

broz0rs

I think I'm also aware of Grzi's post history and what he had to do to get that sword. He definitely doesn't need to crop that big ass photo for this occassion lol

Dragner

Adel mastered after Bahamut is a cakewalk but can still be tricky her magic hits like a truck and Ultima can one shot your team easily unless you are prepared.

If you struggle with it just add me I have Dreamstage as RW that negates ultima making Adel a joke.

j9JD

Falk

that puzzling face
Fenrir Overdrive *just* made me realize crits are 1.5 and not 2 multiplier.

... I can't believe I've been mistaken since day 1

Xetherion

Hot damn! 100 gem pull got me Quistis' Red Scorpion! I now have all 3 pieces of the Trinity native, with SG, Healing Wind, and Mighty Guard! Gonna get some sweet revenge on Bahamut SIN after Tuesdaily is over.

Adel mastered after Bahamut is a cakewalk but can still be tricky her magic hits like a truck and Ultima can one shot your team easily unless you are prepared.

If you struggle with it just add me I have Dreamstage as RW that negates ultima making Adel a joke.

j9JD

Added you; time to start cycling some of my weaker Medicas out of my Friends List. Thanks!

I just swapped from Sazh's Boon to Y'shtola's Stoneskin II, since he's now obsolete as a Friend Summon. Still amazing to have on hand, though! I was tempted to pull hard on VIIII's second banner, but I realized that while the high regen is tempting, I'd still gladly sacrifice it for access to Full Break. Sorry, Quistis. :(

Kain

So I get my first SSB... and it's Riona's... who is level 50 and I have no MC... aaaaand the SSB itself is shit. GG, and hooray, I'm the best.

I'm going to use her anyway for Adel, I've beaten the two first fights with the Mesh tauntaliating (easy as fuck), I don't think I'll have problems with the little soldiers and I hope I crush the Ultimate because my synergy with FFVIII is very high (Squall, Seifer, Rinoa, two swords, Seifer's coat, Estar bracer thingy...).

You can quote me and laugh at me if I fail.

Kouriozan

Guys...
Finally, Jesus Christ. I'm really happy right now, however pathetic that may sound, now I have no excuses not to beat Bahamut Sin. Also, I don't have to spend money. Whew.
Can't believe you managed to get it, wow. Congratulations indeed.

Adel... not as easy as the likes of Maduin but a much more relaxing ride to Mastery than Bahamut. I used Squall, Seifer, Zell and Red XIII with Y'Shtola walling. For RW...

j9JD

This, thanks man! I ate the first one on purpose and used Dreamstage on the second and third Ultimas - worked like a charm.

Brandson

Adel was the easiest ultimate mastery for me so far. I know the win conditions mention win before she casts Meteor 3 times. Does she actually cast Meteor or is that a misprint? I didn't see it cast at all. She only had time to cast Ultima twice. I used my same build from Bahamut Sin and had no trouble.

MicH

After my amazing luck with a 3-pull on the Cloud BSB banner I decided to try my luck on the Laguna banner too as I really wanted Laguna or Selphie's SSB. I couldn't believe what I got:

Xgsf7r9l.jpg

I now believe in the cult of three!

I now have both of Zell's (useless) fists and another medica! I'm gonna get jack shit on the Tactics banner :lol

I'm gonna get jack shit on the Tactics banner :lol

You always say that but you are the luckiest player here, don't worry about a thing. Just take a look at your inventory. :p

I also noticed that when someone unfollow you they get bumped back to the top of the people you are following! Sorry that my Leon wasn't appealing MicH! ;)

MicH

You always say that but you are the luckiest player here, don't worry about a thing. Just take a look at your inventory. :p

I also noticed that when someone unfollow you they get bumped back to the top of the people you are following! Sorry that my Leon wasn't appealing MicH! ;)
Oh, I'm sorry. I try to keep as many Gaffers as possible, but I didn't see a GAF tag so I assumed you weren't from here :p I'll add you right back!

Leon/Basch RWs will be quite popular once Ramza lands, I think, since HotE stacks with Scream for massive destruction

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How do you check if effects overwrite each other? I assume Heathen Frolic will overwrite Magic Breakdown? Or is it a different effect because it is an AOE debuff?

(Can you do Magic Breakdown, Full Breakdown and Heathen Frolic for magic debuffs?)

How do you check if effects overwrite each other? I assume Heathen Frolic will overwrite Magic Breakdown? Or is it a different effect because it is an AOE debuff?

(Can you do Magic Breakdown, Full Breakdown and Heathen Frolic for magic debuffs?)

General rule of thumb is if they apply the same kind of buff/debuff overall, they overwrite. Magic Breakdown and Full Break stack ostensibly because Magic Breakdown is a pure MAG debuff, while Full Break is an ATK/DEF/MAG/RES debuff. If there was another ability that did the same debuffs as Full Break it would probably overwrite Full Break.

Same kind of reason why Protectga/Shellga stack with SG/SS2

MicH

General rule of thumb is if they apply the same kind of buff/debuff overall, they overwrite. Magic Breakdown and Full Break stack ostensibly because Magic Breakdown is a pure MAG debuff, while Full Break is an ATK/DEF/MAG/RES debuff. If there was another ability that did the same debuffs as Full Break it would probably overwrite Full Break.

That's also why the DEF + RES and ATK + MAG debuff SBs are great. They stack with Full Break and Breakdowns

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Hrm, so is there any other ability worth taking for Tyro to the Ultimate? I just need something to spam to build up his gauge so I can pop a second SG, but I don't think I want to hone Magic Breakdown to R4 just for one fight. I guess I could just keep boosting Cloud or something.

So I entered Bahamut Sin with a sub optimal setup and not enough hones. Spent about 6+ mythril, then accidentally hit cancel when S/Ling. Swapped up my party and took about 7 more to actually down it but I got champ at least.

Hrm, so is there any other ability worth taking for Tyro to the Ultimate? I just need something to spam to build up his gauge so I can pop a second SG, but I don't think I want to hone Magic Breakdown to R4 just for one fight. I guess I could just keep boosting Cloud or something.

If you're gonna use something like Ace Striker or Knight's Charge on Tyro you could make him a secondary healer

I don't know which Ultimate you're talking about though. Haven't tried Adel, and I did a token try with Bahamut but I have no native Wall, so...

Lifesiphon?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lifesiphon?
Yeah, I just realized that's the whole point of the skill - to build meter. I hope I have enough orbs to hone it. How much of the bar does it fill with one use? Do you need more than 4 uses?

If you're gonna use something like Ace Striker or Knight's Charge on Tyro you could make him a secondary healer

I don't know which Ultimate you're talking about though. Haven't tried Adel, and I did a token try with Bahamut but I have no native Wall, so...
The new one. I ain't even going to try the AC one because screw it. lol

Yeah, I just realized that's the whole point of the skill - to build meter. I hope I have enough orbs to hone it. How much of the bar does it fill with one use? Do you need more than 4 uses?
Do you have Ace Striker? I think the bar is filled with 2 uses of LS + AS RM.

Brandson

That's also why the DEF + RES and ATK + MAG debuff SBs are great. They stack with Full Break and Breakdowns

Faris' AOE multi-hit ATK/MAG down SB stacked with full break, breakdowns, wall and shell/protectga makes everything easier. I highly recommend trying to get Faris' Yoichi Bow if it appears again. Most useful relic I have.

MicH

Faris' AOE multi-hit ATK/MAG down SB stacked with full break, breakdowns, wall and shell/protectga makes everything easier. I highly recommend trying to get Faris' Yoichi Bow if it appears again. Most useful relic I have.
Yep, they're really good. Alternatively if you're gonna pull on the Tactics banner anyway Agrias' shield has the same debuff, though it's not AoE

Oh, I'm sorry. I try to keep as many Gaffers as possible, but I didn't see a GAF tag so I assumed you weren't from here :p I'll add you right back!

Leon/Basch RWs will be quite popular once Ramza lands, I think, since HotE stacks with Scream for massive destruction

Yea my bad, I removed the GAF tag yesterday, trying to fit /r and GAF in there somehow! Thanks! haha.

Kouriozan

And Bahamut SIN done!

VLCN6Skl.jpg

Had to use a few mythrils, my hones are bad and I still don't have Mako Might/Dr Mog Teaching, but at least the major orbs make it worth it.
Hope we'll have a bit of time (and orbfest) before the next hard Ultimate.

Falk

that puzzling face
FFT can potentially be tricky (mainly due to it being a new synergy - the contrast between haves and have-nots tend to get magnified)

Grzi

Beat Ultimate Adel with a single piece of FFVIII synergy (a 5* generic fist I equipped on Red). Had to s/l a few times but it wasn't too hard.

I'll give Bahamut Sin a shot tonight, but I'm expecting a lot more trouble with him. My FFVII synergy is really good tho.

Balphon

After my amazing luck with a 3-pull on the Cloud BSB banner I decided to try my luck on the Laguna banner too as I really wanted Laguna or Selphie's SSB. I couldn't believe what I got:

I'm surprised you still aren't expecting to get lucky on pulls by this point. :p

Theres also a FFII event just before tactics. 0 synergy there we go.

Maybe Firion will finally break the level 50 curse.

I figure I can ask for a few tips before I get home to attempt Bahamut.

I have my own Sentinel Grimoire (and Stoneskin II) and Boon, so those are obvious. I have Black-hair Cloud's soul break sword (eight hits) and a generic 5★ sword and Red-hair Cloud's rod (thunder soul break, probably not useful). I also have enough orbs to create/hone anything. So a solid base setup.

With that, what will be more important to bring with me as a roaming? Planet Protector, Hymn of the Faith (or equivalent) or Blade Beam? Planet Protector seems like a solid go-to, but Blade Beam could save me some turns/time to squish dogs.

Also, I'm guessing if any time is right to make an x6 Meteor, it'd be now.

Any basic tips from that appreciated (and I'm okay with cashing in a few Mythtil here if needed).

Just dropped ult bahamut sin, got mastert with beatrix dead and a last second round of reta hits to finish him. Worst part was having to hold up for a few second for the last 2 creepers to spawn.

I have my own Sentinel Grimoire (and Stoneskin II) and Boon, so those are obvious. I have Black-hair Cloud's soul break sword (eight hits) and a generic 5★ sword and Red-hair Cloud's rod (thunder soul break, probably not useful). I also have enough orbs to create/hone anything. So a solid base setup.

With that, what will be more important to bring with me as a roaming? Planet Protector, Hymn of the Faith (or equivalent) or Blade Beam? Planet Protector seems like a solid go-to, but Blade Beam could save me some turns/time to squish dogs.

Any basic tips from that appreciated (and I'm okay with cashing in a few Mythtil here if needed).

You might consider running Gilgamesh or Auron with an rs sword and flame blossom r4. Check the atk difference with sephiroth, you may have a weapon that puts him on par with their atk.

If I were you:
Zack: life siphon r4. Armor break. Use the break and then spam lifesiphon until the second add. Use his sb on the 2nd and 4th add since you only have 3 turns to kill. Save the last two-three sb uses for the end to rapid fire down.
Best samurai with flame blossom r4 and Magic break
Cloud? Drain strike and pound. If you have another damage sb, run them with life siphon here instead.
Sazh full break power breakdown mako might
Yshtola curaja protecga dr Mog

I would take hymn of the faith as the rw, you're going to need the healing.

You can include a Mage with meteor r3 and ruinga or ifrit r5 if you. An get your mag high enough to outpace your third attacker.

Good luck.

hesho

kinda curious.... i see sooo many ppl saying bahamut sin was insane... was i just that lucky to do it then to do it without any aoe besides blade beam?

Dragner

So my gf started to play some days ago, today she did her first 50 pull, Fusion Sword first try. then a 5* FF6 gloves from 5 mythril pull for quest. She has mojo.

kinda curious.... i see sooo many ppl saying bahamut sin was insane... was i just that lucky to do it then to do it without any aoe besides blade beam?

Blade beam is like the best SSB for this Ultimate, even better than Fenrir Overdrive IMO, so no surprise.

Assuming you have a native Blade Beam, that would solve a ton of issues, since you should be able to almost (completely?) wipe out the 3 waves of Creepers if you were using Lifesiphon and blowing up the orb on them.

PixyJunket said:

You definitely have a few similarities with my team. Here's what I ended up rolling with:

Y'shtola & Sazh were easily able to keep SS2/Boon up at pretty much all times due to the adds and AoE. Yuna & Sephiroth were my AoE damage. Squall's job was to build SB to burst down the second Gigaflare/Petaflare with Blasting Zone, since those ones had such short time limits. Sephiroth also had the honor of summoning my Fenrir OD RW, which I tried to use on the second orbs, though I refrained from doing so if the dogs were up. This ended up with me eating the second Gigaflare, but my defenses were rock-solid, thankfully. Yuna ran completely out of casts, and Sephiroth only had 1x Mirror of Equity left.

Bonus: Here's Squall dealing with the last guy in Laguna's +++ event. Poor guy should have just died from the AoE spam like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom