• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

After watching the episodes of "Please Like Me" in which they find out that their Adele is in fact a rooster, I can't help but think that Adel from FFVIII is a transgender chicken...
My brain makes weird associations.

Dragner

First attempt at Adel ended in a wipe, she kept focusing on one target at a time and always focused on the character with the lowest health, I couldn't heal fast enough.

And I didn't realize that the Ultima countdown got shorter as she changed phases, I got wiped from a 9999 on my entire party lol

Yeah sometimes that happens. If you have damage enough you can make Adel enter her next phase while she cast Ultima. So the cast is reset. Is totally possible killing her without her casting Ultima if you go all in with good SBs and Planet protector.

If you dont have that damage you should be able to mitigate enough with wall, full break, magic breakdown and shellga.

If you cant stand Ultima anyway you can try and use Dreamstage RW. Use it in 2nd and 3rd Ultimas and it will nullify the damage while healing you up.

Yeah sometimes that happens. If you have damage enough you can make Adel enter her next phase while she cast Ultima. So the cast is reset. Is totally possible killing her without her casting Ultima if you go all in with good SBs and Planet protector.
You don't even need good SBs Advance RW+Retaliate can just about do the job:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbsRl1MJSY
Timing is pretty tight there. It is the kind of thing were the slightly faster tempo flurry cast time (1.2s compared to double cut 1.5 s) makes a big difference. However it is the lowish defence, long casting times for Ultima and forced ATB reset that make that possible though.

Wazzy

Banned
Did they ever say when the remix of The Man With The Machine Gun is coming out?

Also Blitz Off is playing on home screen which is either randomly chosen or is because of the contest.

Also ugh this is what I get for not checking beforehand when doing elites. Ultima Weapon hit me with an attack when I killed it so I lost mastery :(
After watching the episodes of "Please Like Me" in which they find out that their Adele is in fact a rooster, I can't help but think that Adel from FFVIII is a transgender chicken...
My brain makes weird associations.
I'm almost sure Adel is transgendered which I always thought was really interesting. It seems quite progressive considering when it came out but then again, Adel's role isn't positive so I could see why people would rather just ignore it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I always figured it's not her original body and possessed, since that seems to be a thing witches can do.

Ahnez

Got my dedicated black mage (kefka) to lvl 50, but I don't have his MC

Well, what I do now? I don't even have relics for the other possible characters to justify replacing kefka with them

Spocker

Got my dedicated black mage (kefka) to lvl 50, but I don't have his MC

Well, what I do now? I don't even have relics for the other possible characters to justify replacing kefka with them

You wait another week (3/17) for the Hall of Rites where you most probable can get the MC

c-murph

The date was datamined, unless they change it on a new patch is likely that we will have it by then.

I cant wait too, Tyro and Cloud at 65 and waiting for that RM3 since forever.

Oh sweet! So I can finally level them up with the Hall of Rites?! I only have Selphie and WoL with MC2 and could use a couple more Lv.80 characters to do these Ultimate battles. I seem to cap out around Difficulty 110...

Kain

Huh, I did two pulls and got Steiner's and Freya's weapon, color me impressed. I will do a couple more to try and get Garnet's weapon and I'll save the rest of the mythtril for the SSB.

This Hall of rites is for getting MC you didn't have? I could use one for Rinoa... how does exactly work?

WarAdept

This may be the longest March ever. All because of my addiction to Record Keeper.

One gigantic hit of 12 11x pulls and my stash will be gone. And it will feel so good. Until I start to get immediate withdrawls.

Spocker

This Hall of rites is for getting MC you didn't have? I could use one for Rinoa... how does exactly work?

You will get memory crystal lodes as rewards from events, and I think you'll get a couple to start of with for free. Those you can trade in at the Hall of Rites for whichever MC you're missing (or a greater egg if you've got all MCs).

Same goes for MC2's, but only a 8 chars will be availble from the start I think.

MrDaravon

Wheeee, my first BM (Terra) just hit 80. I've been using her to cast Ruinga to carry teams through the XP dungeons, guess it's time to switch over to another BM to level them up because might as well right? Also at the point where I'm just more or less leveling everyone to 50 in order, for every realm I've got 2-3+ people at 50 and feel like I've gotten most of the obvious must haves at 50 that I'm not already actively using.

When running the XP daily how many eggs (if any) are people using prior to bringing new/level 1 people in? I've been egging people up to 35 primarily to avoid people getting one shot by mobs and avoid S/L'ing. While I'm not sitting on ridiculous stockpiles of eggs like a lot of people probably are I do have 50 5* and ~150 4* eggs which is a number that is very slowly going up even though I use 4* eggs when bringing new people into the XP dailies (it's 7 4* eggs and 1 3* egg to hit 35). Also have ~300 of the 2* and 3* eggs but those things are fairly useless even at those numbers, all 600 or so of those would only get about 4 people from 1 to 50. But anyway I'm on enough of a stash where if I need to level someone up quick for some reason to 50 or whatever I can.

WarAdept

Wheeee, my first BM (Terra) just hit 80. I've been using her to cast Ruinga to carry teams through the XP dungeons, guess it's time to switch over to another BM to level them up because might as well right? Also at the point where I'm just more or less leveling everyone to 50 in order, for every realm I've got 2-3+ people at 50 and feel like I've gotten most of the obvious must haves at 50 that I'm not already actively using.

When running the XP daily how many eggs (if any) are people using prior to bringing new/level 1 people in? I've been egging people up to 35 primarily to avoid people getting one shot by mobs and avoid S/L'ing. While I'm not sitting on ridiculous stockpiles of eggs like a lot of people probably are I do have 50 5* and ~150 4* eggs which is a number that is very slowly going up even though I use 4* eggs when bringing new people into the XP dailies (it's 7 4* eggs and 1 3* egg to hit 35). Also have ~300 of the 2* and 3* eggs but those things are fairly useless even at those numbers, all 600 or so of those would only get about 4 people from 1 to 50. But anyway I'm on enough of a stash where if I need to level someone up quick for some reason to 50 or whatever I can.

I egg every new character to 50. Come XP Sunday, I use this link to determine who needs to be gotten to 65 ASAP. Slap them on with Ace Pilot RM and pair them up with a 50-65 Ruinga spammer and get them to 65 by the end of Sundaily.

MrDaravon

I egg every new character to 50. Come XP Sunday, I use this link to determine who needs to be gotten to 65 ASAP. Slap them on with Ace Pilot RM and pair them up with a 50-65 Ruinga spammer and get them to 65 by the end of Sundaily.

I...don't have the resources or enough characters leveled for that right now lol. Out of curiosity I just went and did the math; I currently have 45 characters at level 1 not counting my current leveling party or Cores (19 total between both). To get 45 characters from level 1 to 50 would be 50,809,860 exp, I currently have 23,960,000 in eggs so yeahhhhhh. Will need to stick with what I'm doing now for just a teensy bit longer lol.

Also need to make a mental note to myself to get Ace Pilot, I keep goddamn forgetting to, for some reason I keep thinking you only get it for breaking Cid's second level cap but we don't even have his MC2 here yet lol. Also in my case since I have so many people to level and I'm doing full parties the % gain on it winds up not being as boss as it is when you're running one or two man parties, but still no reason not to have it on anyway for the sundaily.

LucaMac

Anybody playing the Japanese game know the mechanics of fighting Gogo (FFV) in the new dungeon update? In the original game you just ignored him or tried to burn him quickly. Ignoring doesn't seem to work and he mimics Meteor amoungst other things that do over 4k damage even with shell and sentinel grimore up if you attack him and even if you don't he starts going nuts. The most recent attempt he cast a party wide reducing to 1 hp spell twice in a row followed by meteor without me getting a turn in between. I managed to burn the classic version with a bit of luck and many s/ls but elite is a different shark altogether.

I assume it may have similar mechanics to rubicante but there is no visual cue, only text in Japanese. So no idea. Can't find a translation anywhere.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got him. You just need to wait until he attacks first then go all out. Physical attacks result in less scary counters and he doesn't have break resistances.

You guys were right, Garland is a joke. Beat him with my gimped Villains team Golbez, ExDeath, Sephiroth, Seifer and Kefka! Definitely the easiest Ultimate so far.

We are due to start getting Ultimate+ in a couple events right?

MicH

I somehow ended up bringing fire element instead of ice for Garland ultimate, yet I still mastered it. What a pushover

^ Didn't even realise, don't usually look at the number.
Okay, how do I do the fortune egg event when I just keep going back to the same website front page?
I did it on my Phone via the in-App link and it just took you in an interactable website where you shake your phone to get given a character. Not sure if there is anything else to it other than a 2 minute distraction?

Yesterday I got Terra and Rinoa up to Lvl 75 on the Sundaily. It’s SO easy to solo the + dungeon with ruing and ace pilot. If only the sword users had an AoE that wasn’t trash. BLAH!

Does this month feel long as fuck to anyone else? I’m itching for those freaking SSB banners!

I just noticed I had not geared up my RW for FFIX synergy. Not that it makes much of a difference in any case of it being used or not...(as it is one of those good but not great SBs)

I did it on my Phone via the in-App link and it just took you in an interactable website where you shake your phone to get given a character. Not sure if there is anything else to it other than a 2 minute distraction?
The 10k goal has also been reached so mythril for everyone...eventually.

I hope the mythril from these various things (quizzes, sweepstakes) for everyone isn't a replacement for essentially free lucky draws.

Yesterday I got Terra and Rinoa up to Lvl 75 on the Sundaily. It’s SO easy to solo the + dungeon with ruing and ace pilot. If only the sword users had an AoE that wasn’t trash. BLAH!
If you level up the ones that do the carrying (AoE magic) who is left to do the carrying?
Well in any case there is Garnet and the hall of rites soon plus any other non-capped black mages you might have lying around

Noi

My only non-capped casters left to level up via carrying others with AoE spells are Maria, Golbez, Strago, Fusoya, Tellah, Kefka and the cores. Reaching the bottom of the barrel for some of those.

Negator

Does this month feel long as fuck to anyone else? I’m itching for those freaking SSB banners!

This simultaneously feels like the longest and shortest month ever. Part of me is going 'Oh my god we're halfway through March' and the other half being 'Where is everything that matters?'

Wazzy

Banned
Garland mastered and done. Much easier than previous two.

Just need to wait for bonus battles for IX so in meantime I'll catchup on some elites.

Total Mithril number using 105 pieces probability 17.4 that came out of ☆ 5%

On my second 50 pull I got Platinum Sword, Grand Armor, Ice Rod and a FF4 dragon bangle.

Platinum Sword (FFT)
Grand Armor (FFT)
Dragon of the forearm (FF4)
Ice rod (FFT)
Metal knuckle (FF7)
Night of armor (FF1)
Crystal bangle (FF7)
Ice of the rod (FF4)
Gold Staff (FF12)
Gold hair ornaments (FF5)
Mithril mail (FF6)

If only.

Edit: Every pull after got so much worse, ha.

Noi

you can also try in THE DREAM banner (we will not get this TT): this banner is like orgasmic, almost every 11 pull is a good pull no matter what.

http://altema.jp/ffrk/gacha/80

I just did this and only got Balthier's Capella and a bunch of 3*, one of only two C ratings on that list.

Emphasis on almost every pull.
mpO36F4.gif

Edit: Oh, my second one got both Bartz and Tyro's BSBs and Vincent's coat. Shame that'll never happen.

Dragner

I just did this and only got Balthier's Capella and a bunch of 3*, one of only two C ratings on that list.

Emphasis on almost every pull.
mpO36F4.gif

To be fair, Balthier Capella is a great relic, its not a SSB but a 10 hit + 2x physical mirage is really good. I have it and love it.

But yeah you can have bad pulls like in any other banner but the chances of hitting something great here is really high.

you can also try in THE DREAM banner (we will not get this TT): this banner is like orgasmic, almost every 11 pull is a good pull no matter what.

I just did one 11 pull and got a 5 3*, 5 4* (4 of which are FFXII) and the 5* was...Galbadian Elite armour. If that is a good pull I don't want to know what a bad one is.

Believing in second chances the second one had Thyrus and Tyro's BSSB...

Of course reality is likely to be somewhere between those but FFXII is a certainty.

Kenai

I did this and got 4 personal SBs on my first pull, one of which was Thyrus (I can tell because i see it in my dreams). If only.

FF Tactics one depressed the heck out of me, i was getting personal SBs not on the banner before it coughed up a Platinum Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom