• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

If I have any leftover mythril from pulling on Tactics banner I'll probably do the Beginner's banner and get SLG for Tyro. Any bonus FF4 weapons on the actual pull would be nice though. I have next to no 5* FF4 synergy

ccbfan

I have about 700 myths save for this and FFT.

I have no physical SSB so going crazy at 1 and 5 for me. Goal is to get at least 1 SSB or else even if I get Scream, its useless. Plus I have SG and Vanille's Medica so I can always use Scream as my RW. Saving at least 200 myths for FFT though.

I'll also an 11 roll phase 4 for a chance at valiant knife.

Why do I have some many +Atk accessories for FFIX? I've sold all the 3* ones (which I had 5 of so I save one mythril :p)

Speaking of accessories, I take it this was from the skipped event
you know the fucking Edward MC event...less than 24 hours to find out if he gets in the hall of rites this time
:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity 5_Fabled Score (IV)

Ready for another Josef Glove?
It's a shame the new Josef Gloves are unlikely to make an appearance in the lucky banners. I expect the 5* versions of those to be stronger than un-augmented 7* versions of the Giant's gloves.

Really glad I went all out on Cloud BSB banner (somewhere between 150 and 200 mythril). I ended up with Cloud's BSB which is great, Red's SSB which has been serving me really nice so far, Cid's SB which is actually not bad and a shared medica Relic.

Looking at these banners the only thing I need is a wall, and the chances of me getting it are slim to none. I'll still pull, but if I saved a bunch of mythril and ended up with a Thor Hammer or a Drill I'd go crazy.
I'll be jealous of anybody that pulls a Valiant Knife though. That thing seems crazy, especially with Thief's Revenge on the horizon. And Thief's Revenge is a much better name than Thief Raid, even though it's a bit cheesier. Thieves have been neglected for far too long, sporting mostly mediocre skills in FF games, it's great that they get a chance to shine in this game, finally getting their revenge lol

I have the valiant knife for my Jp account and it does spectacular damage when following steal power and with an armor break/down in place.

MicH

Why do I have some many +Atk accessories for FFIX? I've sold all the 3* ones (which I had 5 of so I save one mythril :p)

Speaking of accessories, I take it this was from the skipped event
you know the fucking Edward MC event...less than 24 hours to find out if he gets in the hall of rites this time
:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Equipment_Rarity 5_Fabled Score (IV)

It's a shame the new Josef Gloves are unlikely to make an appearance in the lucky banners. I expect the 5* versions of those to be stronger than un-augmented 7* versions of the Giant's gloves.
Well, the useless Giant's Gloves only have 116 ATK when fully combined so they're just all around awful :p

I hope Edward and Ingus' MC1s are in the Hall of Rites this time, but I'm not holding my breath for them. I don't think they'll be there. The better question is: will Tifa's MC2 be there? :p

I'm going to pull on 1,4 and 5. Hopefully I'll have enough mythril left for an 11x pull on the FFX-2 banner. Yuna is one of my favorite characters and X-2 is my favorite FF. I'd love her BSB.

Also a confession, I've had sentinel's grimoire since it first came out. I just hate Tyro and don't want to use him. I can't believe people swear by this relic though. I've never used it.

Dragner

Also a confession, I've had sentinel's grimoire since it first came out. I just hate Tyro and don't want to use him. I can't believe people swear by this relic though. I've never used it.

You will thank god for having it when Abyss dungeons drop, Tyro is the best character of the game there.

MrDaravon

If I have any leftover mythril from pulling on Tactics banner I'll probably do the Beginner's banner and get SLG for Tyro. Any bonus FF4 weapons on the actual pull would be nice though. I have next to no 5* FF4 synergy

Oh man I forgot I still need to do the beginner banner. Not sure what I want off that, I think the only things I have that are on there are the Ice Whip and Rune Axe. Is Luneth's sword still the way to go on that one?

MicH

Oh man I forgot I still need to do the beginner banner. Not sure what I want off that, I think the only things I have that are on there are the Ice Whip and Rune Axe. Is Luneth's sword still the way to go on that one?
The best items on it are SLG and Tyrfing, in my opinion, and since you already have the best SB for Tyro I'd probably go with Tyrfing - unless you desperately need some of the other realm synergy options

edit: Thinking about the beginners banner while some would say leave the pull until near the deadline (as you will know more if you should go for SLG) having a look at the rare relics list that rare relics list does not look like it is being updated, that is non-featured 5* relics are not going be newer than something like Squall's SSB. I'd still wait until after the lucky banners though. Then again the chances of a non featured SB are fairly remote and the featured relics sure are dated so it almost feels like the free gift is the only reason to pull here.

So I've heard. Does one SG = Protectga and Shellga? That's what I've been doing instead of using SG.
It is status 608 as a All: Custom DEF, RES: 3x, 25 sec. Target: Allies. Aim: No.

Protectga and Shellga are double Def and Res, respectively as status 207 and 208, respectively so the effects of SG stack with them.

Yeah, Luneth's sword is probably the top. III synergy is scarce and self-Advance should be brutal if used correctly.

Rinoa's item is the other pick I'm teetering on; but only cause it'd be a good item for Yuffie.

Everything else seems pretty unspectacular unless you just started.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
Yeah, Luneth's sword is probably the top. III synergy is scarce and self-Advance should be brutal if used correctly.

Rinoa's item is the other pick I'm teetering on; but only cause it'd be a good item for Yuffie.

Everything else seems pretty unspectacular unless you just started.

Self-Advance is brutal even if you aren't using it correctly. Luneth has been a part of my A-Team since I pulled it from the daily draw ages ago.

For Beginner's banner I went SLG and haven't regretted it once. Tyro is an amazing support and with proper gear synergy can put out some serious damage.

Jarekx

Totally forgot about that Beginner's Banner. I may have to take Cyan's Relic just for a VI melee weapon. That's really the only realm (of the ones we get the most events for) that I lack native 5* synergy. I thought about SLG but regardless of whether I get Scream Ramza is still going to be my go to support and Tyro will be my WHM.

Pejo

Sorry for being under-informed, but the upcoming SSB fest doesn't have any Burst weapons in it, correct? I think I'm going to hoard all my mythril for the P.Cecil Burst banner.

My entire team is physical attackers, and it lets me pretty much auto attack every challenge event up to about 99 difficulty depending on the enemy, and P.Cecil is the only one I have (also one of my fav characters) without a Unique SB. Plus I hear his Burst is one of the best in the game.

The only way I'll change my mind is if they somehow bring in that "lucky draw" for half mythril.

Kouriozan

I use Tyro all day everyday, no regrets.
Sorry for being under-informed, but the upcoming SSB fest doesn't have any Burst weapons in it, correct? I think I'm going to hoard all my mythril for the P.Cecil Burst banner.

Yes, we'll have to wait the BSB festival for this.

My Tyro is still lv.7. Recognise he is a good character with some strong SBs, but FFRK is a nostalgia trip for me so i just prefer to use the other characters i grew up with.

My Tyro is still lv.7. Recognise he is a good character with some strong SBs, but FFRK is a nostalgia trip for me so i just prefer to use the other characters i grew up with.

This! I like using the characters from my favorite games! But I guess I need to just take one for the team if his SB is this good.

Kain

Oooooooooooooook you're going to laugh at me but I just realized I pulled the Beginner's choice banner a fuckton of time ago and I still hadn't chosen the free relic. I thought it was weird that it was still there after all this time with the option to draw relics greyed out but whatever. I'm stupid, yep.

I chose Luneth's sword, I think that attack bonus was huge when I used him as a RW. It was that or Lenna's rod, but I feel if people are dying in bosses I'm doing it wrong.

I am happy for everyone about SG being in banner 5. Having it myself has me scared to pull on the banner. I will get it just because I don't need it. Even if I combine it, my LJG+ is stronger...

Brandson

Tyro is good to level, even if you very rarely use him, because his record materias are good. Also, it's good to have a character around who can use every weapon type and ability in case there is a boss with strange mastery conditions (e.g. ranged-only flying boss, who does something horrible if you cast magic at him, with particular elemental weakness that needs to be satisfied). Tyro can take care of that for you.

Noi

That's partially why Tyro makes for a great support. The damage they actually do is generally irrelevant, you just want them around for the abilities they can use.

Kyari

Is it weird that I am indifferent on the SSSB Fest? I have Yoshiyuki for Sephiroth, and I have lucked out and have had Sentinel Grimoire for a long, long time. Mine is 5*+ even.

Also re: Tyro hate. I use Tyro constantly, but admit I probably wouldn't had I not sprite modded him to look like my FFXIV character.

Jyrii

Banned
Hmm, most of the SSB relics do not interest me. Think I will do few pulls on phase 1, use bunch of mythril for refreshes if the XP is good and then focus on FFT banner.

Dragner

Been farming Garland all day, 3 MPO so far. Better than mondaily.

I have enough MPO to craft Full Break R2 but cant craft it to R1 because ice orbs. Luckily this event rewards 3 MIO so at least I can get R1.

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm not a fan of Tyro either but getting SG changes everything. Also as previously noted his stats are fairly crap but he is only there to cast SG, Full Break and so on so it's largely irrelevant how much damage he does. Also since he can equip everything you should generally be able to throw good enough armor on him where dying isn't any more of an issue than it would before a character with decent stats.

Negator

I plan to splurge on Banner 5 as a backup plan in case my whaling for Platinum Sword ends up a bust. If I end up getting Genji Blade or Peacemaker along the way that'd be rad.
I'll end up getting a dupe Cardinal :(

Also wouldn't mind a Wizard Rod.

Czarcasm

I plan on doing 1 pull on banner 3 (Need Medica / Maduin's Horn would also be nice)
A couple pulls on Banner 5 (SG + a good selection of AoE SB's)
Save the rest for Tactics

(I do have Thyrus, I would just like to have a medica and not need two white mages on my team)
(My only medicas are Ashe, Tyro's 2 books, and the Christmas Rod)

(Hopeful) Future Team

Cloud - Fenrir Overdrive (Have Already)
Tyro - Sentinel's Grimoire
Ramza - Shout
Basch - Whatever his Shields SB is
Insert White Mage Here - Some form of medica that hopefully doesn't override Shout

RW - Fenrir Overdrive

Not likely to happen, but imagine the damage I could do with that build.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Looking forward to banners 1, 3 & 5. Was hoping for a chance at the SSB for Squall but that one is missing.

I don't like using Tyro either and left him at level 66 forever as I only wanted his RM, but started levelling him up in preparation for the nightmare dungeons recently. If I did get SG for him then it would be really helpful to have the option, but I already have a solid core for my ultimate battles - Cloud, Sazh, Y'shtola and whoever else has synergy.

I might double pull on banner #1 and #5 since people won't shut up about them.

Even after that and single pulls on the rest, I'll still have more than half the needed Mythril to double pull on the Burst Soul Break Celebration banners.

Does Orbfest start tonight or tomorrow night? Bonus Battles are tonight i think...?
Bonus battles for IX tonight, Orbs tomorrow.

WarAdept

Banner 1: 3 x11 pulls
Banner 2: lol
Banner 3: lol terra is the worst
Banner 4: 2 x11 pulls
Banner 5: 3 x11 pulls

Tactics: 4 x11 pulls

I'm ready to quit the game if I don't get anything good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom