• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
mdUMtjK.png

Com'on guys are you even trying?

Can yo teach me your secrets? I need to git gud.

I'm wondering, would anyone want to watch a livestream or a video of myself pulling on FFT?

graywords

I need to not play with the pull simulator any more...

I tried out an SSSB simulation, 1 pull per banner.

#1: crap FFVII bracer of some kind
#2: Celes SB Runic. *shrug*
#3: Finally an SSB... Cutting Trigger!
#4: ...WUT .......WUUUT
HHTqtLE.jpg

....... *picks jaw up off the ground*
#5: ... okay, this is silly.
8DWE35Z.jpg

So now I am destined for disappointment, because there is simply no friggin' way I will score two of the Trinity on one pull, and highly unlikely to get multiple SSBs. Honestly, I'll be happy with a single SSB on one of my five actual pulls.

C'mon and start already, Breakfast...

Razmos

Looks like Cid Raines (XIII), Gilgamesh record dive and Celes dress record coming next in Japan.

I bet the Celes fans are very happy

Kain

I tried that simulator and I had three pulls in a row with 4* being the best equipment. I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Banners 1 & 5 are the best. I'm so glad I waited to pull on Quistis's SSB, because they added it to the SSSB Fest. (Though they took out Lulu's SSB, which kinda sucks, but it's part of the next FFX event which will be happening at the same time.)

Also, the FFII Event has been confirmed for anyone worried about it. (Minwu & Leila were missing from the Fortune Eggs, so there was some concern apparently.)

Kain

I like all of them T_T

But I need 1 & 5 for the mitigation, I have no single SSB for damage absortion or healing.

If it's by the end of the month I calculate I might arrive at 100 mythril at most. OK, rngesus help a poor fella, please >_<

MicH

The fact that the Tactics banner comes before the SSB fest makes me happy. I can spend all my mythril trying to get Ramza's Platinum Sword and not bother with the SSB fest outside of 100 gem pulls

I will pull on 5 since I lack wall...and Lightning SSB is a nice consolation price too.
I use Lightning and her SSB every ultimate. It's so good!

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I might pull on banner 4 for Valiant Knife but these banners isn't too appealing to me personally. Full speed ahead on FFT. I might even pull on FF2 and FFX as my synergy isn't very good on those realms.

broz0rs

The fact that the Tactics banner comes before the SSB fest makes me happy. I can spend all my mythril trying to get Ramza's Platinum Sword and not bother with the SSB fest outside of 100 gem pulls

don't you mean after SSB fest?

but yeah, not feeling those SSB banners either

Grzi

Banner 5 is where it's at. The first and fourth one (Valiant Knife pls) will also get some love from me.

The rest not so much.
I guess I'm pulling on Tactics like crazy.

Dragner

Banner 5 is the best banner of both SSB fests (global and japan). I cant believe we get rewarded for a change.

Gilgamesh SSB (ok SSB but on an all star char).
Lightning SSB (great SSB on an all stat char)
Garnet SSB (outclasses Quistis one and is a really good character)
Rinoa SSB (meh SSB in a good character)
Wutai Band (great medica in a character that will become great in the future).
Lenna ¿flames of war?...Hard to know since the image is from Steiners Ultima sword.
Tyro SG (WALL!).

All this things would make me happy. Probably 200 myth here and 100 on tactics.

MicH

don't you mean after SSB fest?

but yeah, not feeling those SSB banners either
Well, the FFX even starts during the SSB celebration so I assume Tactics will start before SSB fest. Unless they changed the order of the events of course

EDIT Looks like I was wrong to doubt us getting free mythril. I don't think I've ever been happier to be wrong :lol

660_02.png

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Well, the FFX even starts during the SSB celebration so I assume Tactics will start before SSB fest. Unless they changed the order of the events of course

EDIT Looks like I was wrong to doubt us getting free mythril. I don't think I've ever been happier to be wrong :lol

660_02.png

They swapped the order of FFX and the FFT events. FFT starts after the SSBfest. That's according to the calander here:

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/calendar-of-events/

KBP site says FFT starts immediately after SSBFest. Looks like a pretty exciting couple of weeks ahead:

Orbfest - hopefully with full XP this time around to level up some of the stragglers.
Lots of new MC2 - not sure how many lodes we will get but going to prioritise Bartz and Gilgamesh for sure
Nightmare Dungeons debut
Celebration Banners! Banners 1, 4 and 5 seem the strongest
FF2, FFX2 and Tactics events! Also the Shadow event isn't far off
Dungeon Update 20 (will have to wait)

Possibly Lucky Banners thrown in the mix too, makes up for a relatively uneventful first half of the anniversary.

tenton

^ Didn't even realise, don't usually look at the number.

I did it on my Phone via the in-App link and it just took you in an interactable website where you shake your phone to get given a character. Not sure if there is anything else to it other than a 2 minute distraction?

Doesn't work with an iPad. Damn it, it's the same browser, effectively!

I really need a physica ssb to partner with life syphon so that I can do mass amounts of physical damage. Seems like banner 1 is my best chance for that.

Dragner

I really need a physica ssb to partner with life syphon so that I can do mass amounts of physical damage. Seems like banner 1 is my best chance for that.

For Scream meta banner 1 for sure. Both Bartz and Sephiroth are excellent and this banner has other good relics as bonus.

MicH

Bartz SSB is top tier when it comes to damage and the DEF buff is really nice too. Sephiroth SSB is also quite good so yeah, good banner for that. Unfortunately Zidane SSB is completely awful in Shout teams as his Steal Power part of his SSB overwrites the 50% ATK buff

For Scream meta banner 1 for sure. Both Bartz and Sephiroth are excellent and this banner has other good relics as bonus.

Bartz SSB is top tier when it comes to damage and the DEF buff is really nice too. Sephiroth SSB is also quite good so yeah, good banner for that. Unfortunately Zidane SSB is completely awful in Shout teams as his Steal Power part of his SSB overwrites the 50% ATK buff

Mhm, I do have poor mans scream in flames of war so I'm not gonna go crazy pulling platinum sword even if fow gets completely replaced

Rinoa got given her summon 5 buff early. I don't get global, I really don't.

Damn the orbfest is soon. I guess I will finish up part 2 of FFIX event today and do the bonus battles tomorrow (my plan was to have part 2 done tomorrow).

These SSBfest banners are a bit...odd. I'm surprised Cloud's Buster Sword isn't in any of them. I mean you have Brotherhood in banner 3 (which is especially bad for me as the only SSB I have is for Tidus) and Revolver in banner 1. Am I right in that odds are SSB=1% each, others=2% each?

Banner 5 is the best banner of both SSB fests (global and japan). I cant believe we get rewarded for a change.

Gilgamesh SSB (ok SSB but on an all star char).
Lightning SSB (great SSB on an all stat char)
Garnet SSB (outclasses Quistis one and is a really good character)
Rinoa SSB (meh SSB in a good character)
Wutai Band (great medica in a character that will become great in the future).
Lenna ¿flames of war?...Hard to know since the image is from Steiners Ultima sword.
Tyro SG (WALL!).

All this things would make me happy. Probably 200 myth here and 100 on tactics.
It does seem to be Steiner. Garnet's SSB rather than having Shelga itself has a res boost which I assume is the same effect as Celes Magic shield so it stacks with Shellga. Finally, we could be free from brining Celes to Ultimates... :(

Mhm, I do have poor mans scream in flames of war so I'm not gonna go crazy pulling platinum sword even if fow gets completely replaced
If your RS is really good you hit the softcap either way and since Lenna has better mind haste will last longer...on the other hand Lenna can't lifesiphon.

Grzi

I just realized that Cutting Trigger isn't on any of the banners. I wanted that weapon since day one. That sucks.
What relics can we expect to appear on the Lucky Draw banners?

Anyway, 8 more dungeons and I'm done with the regular content. Might even finish everything today so I can focus on the Orbfest and events.

MicH

I just realized that Cutting Trigger isn't on any of the banners. I wanted that weapon since day one. That sucks.
What relics can we expect to appear on the Lucky Draw banners?

Anyway, 8 more dungeons and I'm done with the regular content. Might even finish everything today so I can focus on the Orbfest and events.
You can get any currently released character relic from the Lucky Draw banners. They might exclude the relics from ongoing events when the Lucky Draw banners arrive, but otherwise every other released character relics should be available on them

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
SSB Banner 5 is amazing.

I'll probably still pull for Yuna's BSSB because it's Yuna (not 11x though most likely), although odds are that I won't get it or anything from Banner 5. That's the way its worked until now.

You can get any currently released character relic from the Lucky Draw banners. They might exclude the relics from ongoing events when the Lucky Draw banners arrive, but otherwise every other released character relics should be available on them
Ready for another Josef Glove?

Man, those banners....bit of a letdown

I'm thinking, besides the 100 gem pull
1: 11 pull- need offense for V and IX
2: 3 at most
3: 100 gem
4: 3 pull at most
5: 11 pull, maybe 2x

Considerably less than I anticipated dropping on this. I need to check those cid challenges for in-realm only characters and adjust accordingly.

revolver and brotherhood over their more recent non ssb weapons is a head scratcher.

My goal is 2 offensive SSBs from this mess.

Jarekx

Banners 1 and 4 for me. I don't have a lot 6 five star synergy so even the common relics could help me out. I may pull on 5 but I have two items from it (Peacemaker and SG) so it's making it less attractive. I would love Wutai Headband though. I'll probably just save it for Tactics.

MicH

Just a general thought:

Sentinel's Grimoire might be worth trying to get even if you have Thyrus since Tyro gets synergy in all the Nightmare challenges.

Alternatively, for those who don't have an SB for Tyro (outside the 10m download one) and lack offensive SBs it may be worth getting his SLG from the Beginner's banner of you haven't pulled on that yet. It's on par with SSBs in terms if power, especially so in Nightmare challenges where he gets synergy which he normally doesn't get

MrDaravon

Wait, is SSB Celebration a different thing from SSB fest? When are lucky draws? I'm so confused right now :(

Edit: Also as someone who started playing the game late last year right in the middle of the last Orbfest I now recognize the insane value of it lol. Since I still am lacking hones (only have r1 Full Break etc) I will be going in hard on this, not sure yet if I'd want to burn mythril/gems for it though.

Thanks for putting Lulu's Hairpin on the worst banner, again... If I pull I won't get it and get my third Last Judgment Grimoire!

Banner 5 is great, but I can't believe that the only Rosetta Stone on the banner for me is SG.

Overall the banners are ok to great but personally with my current situation, the hype deflated big time mostly due to Tyro's book placement and the removal of some relics. Maybe I keep most of my stash for Excalibur.

Noi

100 myth on Tactics, 150 between SSB 1 and 5, the rest on refreshes for orbfest. My battle plan is ready.

Bracing myself for crippling depression on the relic draws.

MicH

Wait, is SSB Celebration a different thing from SSB fest? When are lucky draws? I'm so confused right now :(

Edit: Also as someone who started playing the game late last year right in the middle of the last Orbfest I now recognize the insane value of it lol. Since I still am lacking hones (only have r1 Full Break etc) I will be going in hard on this, not sure yet if I'd want to burn mythril/gems for it though.
SSB fest/celebration is the same thing. People just use the two interchangeable. We don't know when we're getting the lucky draws, could be tomorrow when the orbfest starts or closer to the actual anniversary

ZangBa

It's really tempting for me to pull on banner 5, but I'm still saving for Tactics. I'll probably regret it, but whatever.

MrDaravon

I should have right about 300 mythril when it starts, not counting any free mythril we get (looks like at least 25 minimum) as well as the mythril associated with the orbfest stuff itself, should wind up with at least 350 total. On the banners though keeping in mind I already have a natural wall (Tyro with SG) and AoE heal + regen (Yuna with Hymn of the Faith):

Banner 1 - Will probably do one or two 3-pulls I'm thinking. I have none of the relics in this banner, but I also don't use any of these characters. Some decent stuff here but again I don't use any of these characters although maaaaaybe I could make a case for Quistis if I pulled the whip, but her only having Support 4 and not Support 5 kinda sucks. I also have NO FF9 Synergy except for an Asura Rod, so getting either of the FF9 items wouldn't be a bad thing although getting another Asura Rod would be less desirable.

Banner 2 - Will probably just do a 3-pull if that on this one, everything on here seems fairly niche. I use Tyro and Red XIII but I already have the Magic Comb and Sentinel's Grimoire. Last Judgment Grimoire would be nice to have though, but hard to justify doing much with this banner overall.

Banner 3 - Torn on this one because Terra is my bae and I always use her so I REALLY want Maduin's Horn, but other than that this one seems pretty middling and I also already have Yoshimitsu. Lots of serviceable stuff though though. Will do at least a 3-pull, miiiight do an 11-pull depending on how I'm feeling and how bad I want to try to get Maduin's Horn >_>.

Banner 4 - Will probably do either one or two 3-pulls or a single 11-pull which kinda sucks because I already have Lamia's Flute, Asura's Rod and Drill but most of the other stuff on here is solid, and people seem hype in general about PCecil. I know I'm gonna get fucked and get another Flute or Drill which sucks because practically no one can use those items -_-.

Banner 5 - Will do an 11-pull for sure, and given how a lot of the other banners are kinda lacking maybe 2? 2 or more would be lock except for the fact I already have SG but I don't have anything else on here, and a lot of this stuff is pretty great. Fuck.

In theory this works out fairly well because I wanted to save at least 100 mythril (ideally 150) for FFT, and with Banner 5 being the only banner I'll probably go in hard on that'll happen. On the other hand this stuff is spread out kinda weirdly, and on two of the three banners with the best stuff I already have stuff in those banners and I KNOW I will get screwed. Sigh.

Need details on Lucky Banners, when they are happening and whether or not we are getting the equivalent free mythril to cover them like JP did. Depending on when they happen and what's on those banners I maaaaaaay consider doing gem pulls on them and keeping the mythril for FFT or whatever.

After months of saving mythril disappointment is almost here, are you ready boys!?

Edit: Ooooooh, I see coming up shortly Relm's Banner will also have Maduin's Horn along with Celes' SSB Excalibur both on the same banner along with Wing Edge, Kefka's Cloak and Cat-Ear Hood. Yeah fuck banner 3 on SSBfest thing, will pull on that one instead lol. Here's the reddit thread detailing some of the highlights of upcoming banners after FFT/SSBfest, seems pretty useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4ahcxh/looking_beyond_sssbfesttactics/

Hall of rituals coming at the right time. I have only six non cores to level and that includes freya and garnet. Wonder if we'll get more blanks since we skipped one or two. Will leave one blank out there in he hopes of landing the ssb/sb of bartz or Gilgamesh. Hopefully with the new mc2s won't be wasting too much exp, though there are always the cores to level starting with thief and bard, my samurai and gladiator are already at 65.

Why oh why is the summon orb festival the last of the orb sets. So so close to Bahamut r3, just 11 greater summons orbs away, may get there from the upcoming events.

Grzi

Really glad I went all out on Cloud BSB banner (somewhere between 150 and 200 mythril). I ended up with Cloud's BSB which is great, Red's SSB which has been serving me really nice so far, Cid's SB which is actually not bad and a shared medica Relic.

Looking at these banners the only thing I need is a wall, and the chances of me getting it are slim to none. I'll still pull, but if I saved a bunch of mythril and ended up with a Thor Hammer or a Drill I'd go crazy.
I'll be jealous of anybody that pulls a Valiant Knife though. That thing seems crazy, especially with Thief's Revenge on the horizon. And Thief's Revenge is a much better name than Thief Raid, even though it's a bit cheesier. Thieves have been neglected for far too long, sporting mostly mediocre skills in FF games, it's great that they get a chance to shine in this game, finally getting their revenge lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom