• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Ultima Buster was predictably very easy, but I really like the "theme" nature of the fight. Was actually fun.

Making the super-high end encounters 1 stamina is a really nice idea, too.

Razmos

Starting to get a bit overwhelmed with everything going on right now. FF2 event, current orb fest phase that I haven't started yet, the FFX-2 event tomorrow AND the Nightmare dungeons, sheesh.

I'm not gonna have any Mythril over the next few months. With the SSB Fest, The FFT event, and whole bunch of other events I want to do pulls on (Yuna X-2, Basch, Edea, Cait Sith) I'm gonna be depleted all the time.

I really hope Phase 5 will turn the tides a bit.

hesho

oh wow.. i actually pulled a red scorpion and genji helm (V). I was looking for a red scorpion and excalibur but i figure it isn't worth pushing my luck trying to get an excalibur now.

edit: and.. hmm.. nightmare dungeon or orbfest.. hmmm...

Jarekx

Did 3 11 pulls cause i'm weak. Did get Red Scorpion and Excalibur at the end so I guess it was worth it. Now I only have 1 pull for 4 and 1 pull for tactics.

Kouriozan

Yay, my very first MC2 lode, Cloud finally level 80, tomorrow it's going to be Tyro's turn.
By the way, got Zidane SSB as my only 5*, only did a single 11 pull, still nice for Shout.
Probably should keep the rest for the Tyro's wall.

So other then the nightmare battle itself the other 4 bosses are just regular bosses with regular synergy for whatever realm it states ya? Someone new could advance -> taliate though them?

Balphon

So other then the nightmare battle itself the other 4 bosses are just regular bosses with regular synergy for whatever realm it states ya? Someone new could advance -> taliate though them?

Yes, and they're all quite simple. Liquid Flame is just as easy as he was in the Lenna event forever ago.

Spocker

Ultima record collected!

Easy as hell, just nuked the sphere with fire/lightning while under haste and he never even got to third phase. 90% charged was the message just before the final hit struck.

Went in with 5 mages and a Boon RW, Filled all slots with Firaja-ga/Thundaja-ga except for two which had water and comet (NE) for the requirement.

c-murph

11 x Pull - Lullaby Rod
2 x Single pulls - Orichaclum.

I'm happy. :D

Ultima record collected!

Easy as hell, just nuked the sphere with fire/lightning while under haste and he never even got to third phase. 90% charged was the message just before the final hit struck.

Went in with 5 mages and a Boon RW, Filled all slots with Firaja-ga/Thundaja-ga except for two which had water and comet (NE) for the requirement.

Easy as hell? Jesus Christ you went in with an entire army with an arsenal of nukes.

Ahnez

Mastered the phantom train.. Well, I'm too weak for this, theres no way I can beat the following ones

Do I have to redo the dungeons when it re-opens?

Falk

that puzzling face
I think putting Liquid Flame as the penultimate boss was a stroke of design genius.

It's such a gimmick that with the right abilities, you can virtually nullify the entire fight. Sets up a precedent to look for a way to take advantage of Ultima Buster's mechanics.

(Of course, this doesn't exactly apply to us considering we knew the strat half a year ago)

Kaiterra

Banned
I was so scared of Phantom Train's whistle and then it fell over and died before I ever saw it lol. Used Dreadnought's MC2 lode on Bartz since my hilarious luck with getting all his relics continued in the form of an Excalibur pull while going for 3 off SSBFest phase 1. Gonna do Liquid Flame/Spherimorph/Ultima Buster after orbfest ends. Not feeling a real rush since missed battles come back every month.

Doesn't double venom do more damage then double decay? Or was it double venom > double meteor? Either way double venom was clutch for me against gigas since it landed poison on thunder gigas.

I mean don't get me wrong, double venom isn't awful, it is just a bummer to get multiple relics for the same character instead of something shiny and different!

Noi

Ultima Buster got torn to shreds. I was waaaay overprepared for it, good thing I didn't opt to do the ninja strat. Once again, no Wall cuz I dun have it, but Tyro w/ RS and a Mag stick was dishing out the pain with those summons. Reflect works way better than Runic because you can get UB to hit his own mana sphere.

2qcyvJc.jpg
IBFm0Fg.png

Falk

that puzzling face
If you're 80 and have 5* magic items, Firaga and Thundaga will make the orb smack him for 9999 (essentially if you do 1k to the orb). ~480 MAG stat should do. If you've got honed Firajas and Thundajas, that requirement is ridiculously lower.

Devotion and Witch of Succession etc. again lower that number. With the mechanics completely known, the gearcheck/levelcheck bar for this is actually really, really low.

I daresay if you have a couple of people with Water spells on 2nd ability (you use this on Orb to fill your HP up) and a single cast of Carbuncle, you can do this without wall even, as long as you have a hastega. Only thing that is potentially fatal without wall is taking a Flare Star after 3rd charge (90% power) which would do about 3k. Considering mages get RS, that can be tanked in the face as long as you aren't limping along at 1/2 hp.

The orb comfortably has far more HP than is required to take out Ultima Buster unless you're doing something stupid like stacking Devotion and your best items and Firaja on your lv80 mage and hitting it nonstop for 2k+.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
pL32F18l.jpg

turns out SSB banners are great for farming 4*s!

ready for 0/55

I did two 11 pulls, no 5* for the first, and 2 5* on the second - Sephiroth's SSB! And then Sabin's 5* claws...which I had already pulled in the last Lucky Draw. :(

Also, I don't have nearly as much high-end gear as many others who have been playing since launch so I dunno how I'll fare for these Nightmare dungeons, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom