• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

Obviously all my luck is being funneled to the JP version

IcJZ4snl.jpg

ccbfan

Wow no wonder people say go for SSB and lifesiphon.

Most calculations say 6 x 5* skill = 4 x lifesiphon and 2 x ssb depending on ssb.

Getting a R3 5* skill is pretty insane

Saint cross is

36 MEO
36 MWiO
60 MHO

Theif Revenge is

36 MLO
36 MDO
60 MWiO

Orb Fest gives about 1.20 Major Orbs per refresh (8 runs)

So in best case scenario (all three needed orbs in one phase) you need about 110 myths. Worst case, over 300 Myths.

At 300 myths, 6 11 rolls at one of these SSB banners will net you at least one SSB probably more as well as a ton of other good gear.

Wasn't going to spend mythril this phase, but I'm hurting for holy orbs so I did 10 refreshes and ended up with this after conversion, not counting event freebies:

11 MWhO
12 MHO
11 MEO

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah that seems more in line. 1.2 major orbs per 8 runs seemed a little low.

edit: wait, unless you meant 1.2 major orbs of a specific school hahaha.

ccbfan

1.2 major orbs per refresh sounds really, really low. What metric are you basing that on?

Average of 15 orbs per run.

I average a little less than a greater a run, counting the 1 major you get about every 5 refresh. Evens out to about a greater a run.

Then average about 5 normals a run. I guess I could up that to 7 or 8.

At 18 orbs per run its 1.44 major per run.

first run through heroic and heroic + netted me a gigantuar fueled major fire and major summon orb. not a bad start! planning on doing 10 refreshes of this round solely for the summons orbs. I blew all my orbs on bahamut r3 and am ready for the long and lonely road to bahamut r4. 60 major summons orbs....that will take a while.

Oh, I'll cap everyone including cores by the time this phase is through I suspect.

damn, third gigantuar already, Ice. (on first mythril refresh)

edit: 300 mythril to get enough major orbs to r3 sc and tr? sure maybe if you start from 0, but who ever has to do that has really planned poorly here. I did ten refreshes and have 86 winds on hand, which will be enough when Nightmare 3 arrives to have both r3d even if I'm completely unlucky in the daily dungeon.

Noi

Surely I'm not the only one that feels like the cactuar rates for this phase are significantly higher than the prev both combined. I'm getting TONS of mini and regular cactuars, and im only on my first refresh.

Falk

that puzzling face
Uh. Not really?

I have a single Blizzaja r4.

You can stunlock him with pretty much any ice spell though, incl. Blizzard and Blizzara.

ccbfan

Wow just got my first perfect medal ultimate run.

I know quitis ssb is about to be power creeped but dear lord. That plus wall plus mogs HH when weak phase meant zero healing need. I even had vanille on standby and she did nothing. Didn't use her medica once.

Went avantaliate with cloud since I had 0 FF2 synergy except one 4** sword.

Fight was super easy.

Tried the FFV Nightmare Dungeon... that's not happening without having multiple Blizzaja's 5r. lol

when i did it, i had the following:

(caster): blizzaja r3/meteor r2
Exdeath: blizzaja r3/ruinga r2
Krile: shiva r4/orthros r1
Lenna: curaja r4/shellga r2
Bartz: blizzaga strike r2/(other, doesn't matter)

this one is just waiting game and pressing skip to queue up next attack.
- if its human or tornado form, cast ice magic and then watch whats the next form.
- if its human or tornado form again, repeat.
- if its hand form, cast a non-elemental, causing it to take dmg and change forms again with no counter. you can freely queue up another ice magic on top of this as it will always be a non-hand form next.
- if you get tornado form, you can use blizzaga strike as it doesn't counter physical in that form, and then watch for next form.
- shellga/heal if necessary but fairly easy fight.

Wazzy

Banned
We're getting egg rewards now too!

6 mythril, 4 major growth eggs and 100,000 Gil.

So combine that with quiz rewards and it's 16 mythril.

Grzi

I forgot to mention

I actually pulled Banner 1 again and retroactively made the 0 5* skunk my Banner 2 pull.

Sephiroth SSB, Sabin's (B-tier) boostga and Oak Staff.

GUYS I GOT AN SSB.

on the other hand getting 0 5* on Banner 2 sucks

but i'm now a time traveller and pulled banner 2 half a week ago

Damn, finally.
Congratulations man, you deserve more than that but I'm happy the game finally gave you something.

Kain

Finally got Full break (those pesky Ice orbs...). Now I need a thousand major orbs for R2 that I don't have. Soooo I'll be patient I guess.

In other news, yesterday I managed to kill the Ice gigas but then the thunder got cute and destroyed my party in one attack. I'm thinking of bringing a second healer and go slower, just to withstand the initial onslaught.

But still, this fight is the epitome of how NOT to design a boss. In some tries you die in one turn, in some you hold like 5 in a row without damage... rng at its worst. And I don't have native medica, so if I manage I'll be very proud. Or lucky. Or both.

GUYS I GOT AN SSB.
Congrats! That's a good one too, I spent like 200 mythril chasing it.

Tried the FFV Nightmare Dungeon... that's not happening without having multiple Blizzaja's 5r. lol
It's not too bad - take 3 casters with Shiva, Blizzaga and Blizzaja respectively and should be just fine.

Summon Orbs are finally here! The FFRK peeps are about to make a whole lot of money with all the refreshes that are going to take place...

I'm hoping to get Bahamut to R3, but that might be a stretch (on my sanity). Regardless:

SPWFVyw.jpg

Dragner

I forgot to mention

I actually pulled Banner 1 again and retroactively made the 0 5* skunk my Banner 2 pull.

Sephiroth SSB, Sabin's (B-tier) boostga and Oak Staff.

GUYS I GOT AN SSB.

on the other hand getting 0 5* on Banner 2 sucks

but i'm now a time traveller and pulled banner 2 half a week ago

Noice.

Now we need DeNA to buff sephirot so he can use friking swords.

Meanwhile on reddit:
0e9gqo0.gif

I both want to and don't want to know how many refreshes that was...

Not unless you cheese it. I used a 4*+ Axe (well actually 4*++ but it is level 20/25) on Gilgamesh with retaliate and advance and the retaliate counters won't get countered and change the form of liquid flame so it basically still does nothing.

Fun fact about Liquid Flame. The Spanish target scores are mistranslated and for one of them tells you to exploit the weakness for the hand form. At least English FFRK only has bad Dr.Mog advice (e.g. Jenova is weak to water), mistranslated abilities (Basuna :( ), nonsensical descriptions (resistance to poison element and poison status being the same words and thus impossible to actually tell what certain items do) etc etc

Kain

I used Advantaliate only with the hand, but the "official" strategy is:

- Human: Blizzaga (don't need Ja)

- Tornado: Blizzara strike

- Hand: non-elemental magic

As my non-elemental magic is based on R3 Comet and R2 Ruinga I decided to go with the Mesh and Advantaliate which does essentially the same. You can cheese the whole fight using this, though.

If you do it correctly the boss won't attack you once, it's a little stupid.

I beat the Gigasas last night but didn't get Mastery because I was in the middle of casting Squall's SSB to finish him off when the Thunder Gigas Electrocuted him :( It didn't help that I couldn't get a Hastega up because on his multihit Thunder attack I got RNG'd where all 3 hits concentrated on Red XIII.

hesho

wow.. this orbfest phase is weird. Last phase, i only got 2 major orbs as drops (both holy). This current orb fest i have gotten 4 majors already (3 ice and 1 summon). Go figure. I wonder if it is worth refreshing in this phase for the summon orbs or not.. hmmm..

Paches

Put off the Gigas fight because I thought it might be pretty hard + orb farming. Had the help of massive relics that are were really great for it and didn't drop a star. First try Shadow Flare landed 2x blinds and then proceeded to smash my way to victory with Trueblade of Legend spam + Mighty Guard. RW was SG, still don't have a native Wall. Probably will gun for SG in the upcoming banner.

The setup:

Kain

Man, the Gigas fight is absolutely stupid. I had two down and the third one did an Electrocute on two different characters, in a row just at the exact moment SG faded off. Two people dead and then it was impossible. Of course the slow never proc'd.

Paches

Man, the Gigas fight is absolutely stupid. I had two down and the third one did an Electrocute on two different characters, in a row just at the exact moment SG faded off. Two people dead and then it was impossible. Of course the slow never proc'd.

Yeah, that is the one close call I had, took a 3k+ electrocute to the face on Aeris and nearly got one shotted in window of no mitigation. Pretty lame way to go.

Dragner

Thunder gigas is inmune to slow so dont even bother with that.

And yeah lightning gigas can wipe your party easily on his weak phase so try to burst him down with soul breaks ASAP.

Try to equip some lightning resistance accesories. They help. The one from abyss is pretty good here.

The key to me for the gigas battle was to land the blind status first round and focus everything on the ice gigas, Fira blade, tempo flurry until it stuck the life siphon, and firaja. Then The Fire gigas repeat changing firaja and fira strike to ice equivalents. Then once he's toast you just have lightning to deal with, get him to half strength and use all of your stored soul breaks, probably two per fighter at that point. A summoned boostga is good if you don't have one to get your damage up when bursting down at the end. The left over spell blades do decent damage even if not hitting a weakness on lightning, he doesn't absorb or resist them.

There's really an imbalance with Fire Orbs usefulness... I don't even farm the Fire Daily and I crafted abilities using them. I will still always lack other orbs before lacking Fire Orbs. It's bad when you would almost trade a MFO for a GSO drop... So far I get a lot lot lot of fire.

Kain

^^ What setup are you using?

I'm in the middle of the fight so I can't screencap, but here I go

Garnet lvl 80: Curaja R4 and Protectga R3 (shared crappy medica SB)
Yuna lvl 72 (I think): Curaga R5 and Shellga R2 (shared crappy medica SB)
Leila lvl 65: Tempo Flurry R4, Lifesiphon R2 (Hastega+Shellga SB)
Zack lvl 65: Blizzara sword R3, Fira sword R3 (Air Strike SB, mainly the reason he's here)
Joseph lvl 65: Kick R4, Lifesiphon R2 (Avalanche SB)

RW: SG of course

I'm sacrificing the blind requeriment as physical attacks are not my main concern, the rest is covered I think.

The strategy is charge Avalanche and Captain's command ASAP then unleash both at the same time to burst down the Fire gigas (he takes 22ks with Avalanche alone) while the healers are keeping people alive. The problem lies, I think, in using SG at the beginning and then at the middle, I will try now using one after the first one dies and the other after the second. I'm not trying to master, I just want to kill the bastards xD

Thunder gigas is inmune to slow so dont even bother with that.

And yeah lightning gigas can wipe your party easily on his weak phase so try to burst him down with soul breaks ASAP.

Try to equip some lightning resistance accesories. They help. The one from abyss is pretty good here.

Are you sure? Because I swear in one of the tries he was slowed down, but maybe it was just the desperation acting xD

I'm using the one from the Abyss on Garnet, I'll check later if I have more.

Grzi

No need to put Shellga on Yuna since Leila's SB does that. You need to put Mako Might or Dr. Mog's Teaching on Leila so she can pop her SB at the start (if you haven't already). She also doesn't need Lifesiphon IMO, give her blind attack (?? The 2* ability) so she can blind the thunder Gigas, since she can't use Support skills.

Give Yuna Maduin or Valefor with the Double Summon RM for that extra damage.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to master the fight.

Credo

Since I just got Sentinel's Grimoire for Tyro and currently have no one who can break 65, would it be worth it to use one of my MC2 lodes to get Tyro to 80? I'm going to wait for the outcome of my SSB pulls before using my other MC2 lodes, but I thought it might be worth it to go ahead with Tyro since I already have that skill for him.

Dragner

Since I just got Sentinel's Grimoire for Tyro and currently have no one who can break 65, would it be worth it to use one of my MC2 lodes to get Tyro to 80? I'm going to wait for the outcome of my SSB pulls before using my other MC2 lodes, but I thought it might be worth it to go ahead with Tyro since I already have that skill for him.

With sentinel tyro will be a lock on your party for hard content, also his RM3 (Dr. Mog teachings) is one of the 2 (other is cloud) that let you start with 1 SB bar at the beggining of the fight. So totally worth it.

ccbfan

Orbfest been rough with orbs type. Been getting the worst one every phase.

Phase 1? Black Orbs
Phase 2? NE Orbs
Phase 3? White Orbs
Phase 4 so far? Fire Orbs

I think the game is telling me to make Flare.

Credo

With sentinel tyro will be a lock on your party for hard content, also his RM3 (Dr. Mog teachings) is one of the 2 (other is cloud) that let you start with 1 SB bar at the beggining of the fight. So totally worth it.

Should I go ahead and break Cloud too for that reason even though I don't have an SSB for him?

Kain

Baaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha fuck you three bastards, I got you in the end. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No mastery as I predicted, but fuck them.

No need to put Shellga on Yuna since Leila's SB does that. You need to put Mako Might or Dr. Mog's Teaching on Leila so she can pop her SB at the start (if you haven't already). She also doesn't need Lifesiphon IMO, give her blind attack (?? The 2* ability) so she can blind the thunder Gigas, since she can't use Support skills.

Give Yuna Maduin or Valefor with the Double Summon RM for that extra damage.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to master the fight.

The problem is that without shellga and lifesiphon on Leila I can't survive when they start throwing magic. And I don't have those two RM, I'm stupid and used all my lodes on Sephi, Gilgamesh and Rinoa xD

I'm going to try now changing Lifesiphon on Leila for some dark stuff, I think the extra three medals can help with the mastery.

PS: Zack and Air Strike are god, I find him way more useful than Cloud. That is because I don't have any Cloud SSB, of course, but Zack is still better.

PS2: I got double hit RM for Josef. Checking around the internet I think people had a lot of trouble with that. It's the first FFII anything I run with him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom