• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this a couple of days ago, and I was "only" at about 250 items, I'd have to imagine you've got way more than that. I just wound up making a list of all of my items broken down by type and their native and then RS stats to get a general idea of what gear I had in what realms and where I could realistically get rid of stuff. Outside of having played for long enough now to recognize 3++ items I have literally never used, a lot of stuff wound up being only very slightly better than native 5*s I had in the same type, much less 4++/5+ stuff. And at a certain point you probably realistically need 5 3++ heavy armors for the same realm, and any gains you're getting off that over native gear is low single digits at best. Wound up shaving off like 40 or so items off between just outright getting rid of stuff and combining stuff further than I had before (4+/5+ etc).

Feels fantastic, but it took foreverrrrrrrrr. Also you're right about weapons being most of the dead weight; one with specific exception (I had a gajillion FF7 bracers for some reason) 3++ armor is still fairly relevant for me for RS purposes and I didn't ditch much there, I think there was just one realm where I got rid of one helm and one heavy armor. Weapons-wise I wound up mostly doing further combining and ditching of Rods and Daggers, that was by far what I had the most of.
Yeah, I'm at 325 inventory.

Actually, I think I'll clean up well just by selling all the XII junk.

Pejo

Well I beat Dreadnought and got my MC2, going to probably go for Red since he's part of my main party. I was a few stars short of mastery though, which I kinda expected. I ended up going for too much mitigation and not enough damage, and was auto-attacking about the last 1/3 of the fight. Lost medals on HP lost and actions taken.

Still, I did what I set out to do, with an entire melee party. Feels good.

Staying strong on these banners. I want to wait until banner 4 and then go a bit nuts. Really want that Valiant Knife and hopefully a Pecil SB weapon finally.

As a sidenote, does anyone know when Balthier gets cap break to 80? Has it happened yet in JP?

As a sidenote, does anyone know when Balthier gets cap break to 80? Has it happened yet in JP?
The characters who will get MC2s available in the next 4 events are:
FFT - Ramza, Agrias
FF6 - Celes, Shadow, Relm
FF7 - Zack, Reno, Vincent
FF12 - Balthier, Vaan, Penelo

Dragner

Ok, finally Full Break R2, took me 6 refreshes with no gigantuars but I did it finally. So now just farm without refreshes since I dont give a damn about summons and my only need of ice now is just to hone my lifesiphons to R4, and thats not a must. So now chilling.

Now the game will become boring for some days. Can bonus battles tactics and banner 5 come already???.

Decided to do a 3 pull. Got Organics, Gladius 4* FF9 and some 3* armor I sold.

I'm now 8/36 in SSB Fest. This is sadly the only positive in my life lately.

And since lucky fest I've added 11 new soul breaks from pulls and 1 duplicate item. So that would put me at 12/69.

Hmm. 17.4% soul breaks.

Dragner

Of course, today Gilgamesh BSSB was revealed and its broken xD.

8 single target hit + draw magic/fire + party defense up(large). Maybe the burst commands are horrible but that entry mode...damn.

FF Greg Keeper

Krile's getting her Beastmaster Wardrobe Record that was found a long time ago, during the Gil BSSB event. I imagine Bartz & Faris will get their Knight and Summoner alts too eventually.

Wazzy

Banned
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAA

A

JVN65Xrl.jpg

edit: im actually wazzy

x9EVwG2l.jpg
:O

These amazing pulls! Congrats!

Kain

8 single target hit + draw magic/fire + party defense up(large). Maybe the burst commands are horrible but that entry mode...damn.

FF Greg Keeper

They know we use him for Tauntaliate, they know. Put a reflect on him, Retaliate and Saint's cross and gg Ultimates.

WarAdept

No one has figured out how to force 60fps this game aye.

Such a shame, because it looks absolutely gorgeous when it does, as rare as they are.

Grzi

FF Greg Keeper

Daaaamn yo

Maybe I'll join the club of mythril hoarders after all.

Anyway, I need advice.
I'll have enough mythril for two 11 pulls once banner 5 hits. I have hastega (Mighty Guard) and 30% boostga + Medica (War Dance).
Originally I thought about doing an 11 pull on Tactics and banner 5, but I kind of want to pull on banner 4 now.
I know Scream is amazing, but since I kind of have a similar effect already I'm torn. Especially since there's less chance of getting stuff from the Tactics banner, and I could use a few more damaging SSBs.

What would you guys do? Tactics + Banner 5 or banner 4+5 with a few single or triple pulls on Tactics afterwards?

Dragner

What would you guys do? Tactics + Banner 5 or banner 4+5 with a few single or triple pulls on Tactics afterwards?

Scream is just an upgrade of what you already have so I would pass on tactics and try to get Platinum Sword later (it comes back a lot). 4+5 will give you a better spread for synergy but I would focus on 5 if you dont have wall, the next chance is at Yda event but I think Thyrus is worse than SG.

Grzi

Yeah, two pulls on 5 is another option, but a chance of getting Valiant Knife is too tempting.
I'll have to think about it but for now I think I'm skipping Tactics.

Dragner

Yeah Valiant knife is great and afaik itll never come back. So its your only chance. But you know that chasing a 1% relic is hard. I wish you luck.

Grzi

I mean, of course I'm taking the chance of me not getting a single 5* Relic into consideration.

I just want to spread my chances on banners that make more sense. I wouldn't mind getting PCecil's SSB as well.

Yeah go for #5 if nothing else - having a native wall just gives you a lot of breathing space. Even if you don't pull it, there are some other great Relics on that banner. I'm pulling on #5 for those rather than SG as I've already got Thyrus.
#4 is a pretty awesome banner too.

Long term I'm trying to cover as many synergies for the Cid Missions as I can and the Celebration Banners are one of the best places to get a good spread of coverage. Tactics looks like its got some super powerful characters and relics for them, but personally i'll skip it and choose Scream as a RW where applicable.

Kain

3 banners and 0 5* so far. Either the rngods are cruel or they are saving up for banner 5, which is the one I want.

greyshark

Woke up today and found the Welcome Pack rewards in my inbox! That was a nice surprise, I never thought I'd actually get it.

Kain

Uh this free Mythril is a godsend, now I can yolopulll in the fifth banner!

PS: I got like 30 mythril, is that normal?

Kouriozan

Finally did the first nightmare ultimate, I have to thanks FFRK JP so we can prepare ourselves way before it hits while knowing the right strategy.
I was kinda dumb though, I was I waiting for meteor/the orb to appear at first instead of attacking and it always reached 120% charge with like 25% HP left, got confused watching the all ninja strategy >.<

greyshark

Considering the puzzle nature of the Ultima Buster fight I kind of regretted doing the same level of 'research' that I normally do for Ultimates - with the puzzle solved the fight ended up being pretty anticlimactic for me. I may try to avoid any reddit clues for the next one - 1 stam fights are meant to encourage experimentation after all.

Credo

The characters who will get MC2s available in the next 4 events are:
FFT - Ramza, Agrias
FF6 - Celes, Shadow, Relm
FF7 - Zack, Reno, Vincent
FF12 - Balthier, Vaan, Penelo

I'm super worried I won't be able to beat any of the battles to unlock the MC2s. I've never been able to do it in the past. I just used an MC2 lode for Tyro, and I'm considering using another one for Cloud so I can have two characters to maybe help push me over the edge into being able to win those fights.

Pejo

I'm super worried I won't be able to beat any of the battles to unlock the MC2s. I've never been able to do it in the past. I just used an MC2 lode for Tyro, and I'm considering using another one for Cloud so I can have two characters to maybe help push me over the edge into being able to win those fights.

I'm basically the same as you. Never even attempted most of the high level battles because it stressed me out. From all the advice I've read/collected, Cloud, Tyro, and Gilgamesh are probably the first three you should get, to help with progress. The first two for the RM's they unlock, and Gilgamesh to get him to level 80 for wiggle room/additional stats on the retaliate strategy.

I unlocked Cloud, Tyro, and Locke, and am sitting on one final MC2 from the Dreadnought nightmare battle, and I'm super torn on burning it on Red XIII - One of my fav characters, Dark Knight Cecil - For the 20% sword damage RM, or Gilgamesh for the level 80 Gilgamesh.

Grzi

Yeah, if I don't get a single decent relic I'm spending my MC2 lodes on DK Cecil, Tyro and Tidus for their RMs.

Credo

I'm basically the same as you. Never even attempted most of the high level battles because it stressed me out. From all the advice I've read/collected, Cloud, Tyro, and Gilgamesh are probably the first three you should get, to help with progress. The first two for the RM's they unlock, and Gilgamesh to get him to level 80 for wiggle room/additional stats on the retaliate strategy.

I unlocked Cloud, Tyro, and Locke, and am sitting on one final MC2 from the Dreadnought nightmare battle, and I'm super torn on burning it on Red XIII - One of my fav characters, Dark Knight Cecil - For the 20% sword damage RM, or Gilgamesh for the level 80 Gilgamesh.

The Spherimorph from the Nightmare Battle wiped the floor with me, so I can't imagine how bad the Dreadnought would be. I guess I just won't get that MC2 lode. I guess I might as well use the 2 I have left on Cloud and Gilgamesh since they're sitting at 65 now because I'm not going to be making any progress otherwise.

Pejo

Yeah, if I don't get a single decent relic I'm spending my MC2 lodes on DK Cecil, Tyro and Tidus for their RMs.

Do you know if Tidus' RM stacks without diminishing returns on Lifesyphon? I have been curious about that for a while.

The Spherimorph from the Nightmare Battle wiped the floor with me, so I can't imagine how bad the Dreadnought would be. I guess I just won't get that MC2 lode. I guess I might as well use the 2 I have left on Cloud and Gilgamesh since they're sitting at 65 now because I'm not going to be making any progress otherwise.

I beat Dreadnought with an all melee party, but I had native Lunatic High, Sentinel Grimoire, Boostga, and Mirage Drive. I would have certainly failed without those. I really dislike bosses that resist/are immune to break/breakdown. Those abilities are basically built for bosses because you never need them on trash, then they make bosses immune to the effects and you're sitting there with tons of orbs tied up for nothing.

c-murph

My first one was Selphie's. I had to cheat and use a few Mythril. The added 10% Offence worked though.

Do you know if Tidus' RM stacks without diminishing returns on Lifesyphon? I have been curious about that for a while.

I beat Dreadnought with an all melee party, but I had native Lunatic High, Sentinel Grimoire, Boostga, and Mirage Drive. I would have certainly failed without those. I really dislike bosses that resist/are immune to break/breakdown. Those abilities are basically built for bosses because you never need them on trash, then they make bosses immune to the effects and you're sitting there with tons of orbs tied up for nothing.

If bosses didn't resist breakdowns, they'd have to be able to one-shot you without mitigation if they wanted to not be a complete pushover after being hit by a single Breakdown. That, of course, would make getting set up at the start of battles a complete nightmare. Breaks & Breakdowns were absurdly overpowered at the start of the game, and I feel like they've reached a pretty solid point with the current status quo. They make a big enough difference to be worth it (especially stacking Full Break + Breakdown), but not so much that they're strictly mandatory.

Valus

Dumb question, but how does augmenting work exactly? From what I understand, if I combine two 5* items it adds an augment level right? So a 1/20 Machine Gun would become a 2/20 yeah? And then let's say I Rosetta Stone it to max, so now it's 20/20, 6*+. Now I pull another Machine Gun and want to 7*++ it. Because I have the augment level maxed, would it still work?

Dragner

Dumb question, but how does augmenting work exactly? From what I understand, if I combine two 5* items it adds an augment level right? So a 1/20 Machine Gun would become a 2/20 yeah? And then let's say I Rosetta Stone it to max, so now it's 20/20, 6*+. Now I pull another Machine Gun and want to 7*++ it. Because I have the augment level maxed, would it still work?

In that case adding a third Machine gun will only affect its max level, you wont gain additional augments.

Anytime you use a 5* native item to upgrade a weapon or a rosetta stone you gain an augment level (with a small chance of additional levels).

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow I also finally got my welcome pack!

That meant 33 mythril today and a bunch of upgrade mats plus growth eggs.

Valus

In that case adding a third Machine gun will only affect its max level, you wont gain additional augments.

Anytime you use a 5* native item to upgrade a weapon or a rosetta stone you gain an augment level (with a small chance of additional levels).

Thanks. And what does augmenting do anyway? Just give it a +1 to attack or whatever the main stat is?

ccbfan

Alright question time.

I've allotted myself 150 myths max for the rest of SSB Fest.

I already have the trinity (SG, Quistis SSB, Vanille protectaga medica)

I manage to score Cecil's SSB and Seph's SSB from Lucky Draws and Banner 1(Also where I got Quistis SSB). So my path to Lifesiphon/Shout Meta is almost complete. I need one more SSB.

How should I allocate my myths among banner 3,4,5?

I was thinking 50 on 4 and 100 on 5 but since I already have SG do I really need to spend 100 on 5? Should I just got 50,50,50.

Or skip SSB Fest completely and spend the myths on Relm/Shadow (Already have a ton reserved for FFT). Get a Godly Medica and a Godly SSB.

Dragner

Alright question time.

I've allotted myself 150 myths max for the rest of SSB Fest.

I already have the trinity (SG, Quistis SSB, Vanille protectaga medica)

I manage to score Cecil's SSB and Seph's SSB from Lucky Draws and Banner 1(Also where I got Quistis SSB). So my path to Lifesiphon/Shout Meta is almost complete. I need one more SSB.

How should I allocate my myths among banner 3,4,5?

I was thinking 50 on 4 and 100 on 5 but since I already have SG do I really need to spend 100 on 5? Should I just got 50,50,50.

Or skip SSB Fest completely and spend the myths on Relm/Shadow (Already have a ton reserved for FFT). Get a Godly Medica and a Godly SSB.

I would go for shadow SSB and Relm Medica, nice upgrades.

Credo

After looking at it more, I think I may use my 3rd MC2 on Tidus just for that RM. Was going to use it on Gilgamesh since he's considered one of the best characters, but Tidus's RM is amazing. I guess I could use my 2nd and 3rd on Tidus and Gilgamesh instead of Cloud and Tidus, but everywhere I've read, people are saying Tyro and Cloud should be your first 2.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I received my welcome pack as well. I decided to do a 3-pull on the current SSB banner and ended up with nothing, of course.

Decided to do a 50 pull since I haven't done one in a long while and got both Vanille and Terra's SSB. My first AOE heal SB so I'm pretty pleased.

WarAdept

Well this has been the kindest phase this Orbfest. Lots of Summon and Ice, very little Fire.

If only I got that during P2 and 3. Goddamn NEO and White Orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom