• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

recommended abilites for Yuffie?

• Thief Revenge (even if you only do 4 hits outside of FFVII paintings, it is still quite solid).
  • Dismissal
  • Steal Power (if you need to debuff and/or you are not using Boostga)
  • Ninja Scrolls (situational; Yuffie does have the best Magic among Ninjas though)
  • Dual Delay (if you need Slow)

MicH

That ultimate was fun once you eliminated all the RNG. No medals lost!

RtnuRK4l.jpg

Had to swap Yuna out for Selphie so I could use Blindga. Put Slowga on Pecil. Got pretty lucky with the proc rates and then just bursted them down with Shout, Cloud BSSB and Lightning SSB.

yasu151

Spent about 230 mythril on the tactics banner. Got a few no-sb items, but I did end up getting Agrias' Kaiser Shield and Defender Sword. Looks like I'll be keeping her in the rotation for awhile!

Balphon

she HAD the best magic.

All hail our new Ramza Overlord.

Ramza has to be level 71 or so to have higher magic than Yuffie at 65. He also has instrument instead of thrown so your ninja magic choice will largely be dictated by what kind of weapons you have.

Dragner

Ramza has to be level 71 or so to have higher magic than Yuffie at 65. He also has instrument instead of thrown so your ninja magic choice will largely be dictated by what kind of weapons you have.

I didnt know you have to keep your Ramza at 65 to use it as mage ;)...he has more magic, Im not lying, and including equipment in this is bold since Ramza has way better equip options than yuffie. and magic thrown are as rare as instrument.

Negator

With my latest draws I more or less have my dream team.

Sephiroth /SSB
Lightning /SSB
Agrias /SSB
Ramza /SSB
Yuna/Minwu/Y'shtola Medica

Eventually I want a thief in there somewhere.

Pretty happy with my team.

Dragner

Yeah, will be RWing wall. Which is what I wanted anyway as I'd want every character on the team to have the ability to pop it.

yeah me too, all this excitement of pulling wall on banner 5 and next day Im benching him.

At least I have him for abyss.

Balphon

I didnt know you have to keep your Ramza at 65 to use it as mage ;)...he has more magic, Im not lying, and including equipment in this is bold since Ramza has way better equip options than yuffie. and magic thrown are as rare as instrument.

None of the ninja (save Tyro, naturally) have good equipment selection for magic purposes since they are all reliant on having a small class of 5* items to get an appreciable magic bonus. Like I said, it depends on the +magic item you have:

Katana: Edge (because the only magic katana has Edge's SB on it)
Sword/Flute: Ramza (former: Thancred)
Thrown: Yuffie (soon: Shadow)

It's a real niche thing due to the low item availability. Thrown is the most common but still rare.

MicH

That's a great team, Negator. Mine is somewhat similar:

Cloud w/ SSB & BSSB
Lightning w/ SSB
Ramza w/ SSB
Paladin Cecil w/ SSB
Selphie w/ SSB

RW: Wall

I'm so happy I managed to get Pecil's SSB during the SSB Spectacular since I didn't get any relics for Agrias and I really want a knight on my team

Dragner

None of the ninja (save Tyro, naturally) have good equipment selection for magic purposes since they are all reliant on having a small class of 5* items to get an appreciable magic bonus. Like I said, it depends on the +magic item you have:

Katana: Edge (because the only magic katana has Edge's SB on it)
Sword/Flute: Ramza (former: Thancred)
Thrown: Yuffie (soon: Shadow)

It's a real niche thing due to the low item availability. Thrown is the most common but still rare.

Ramza can equip Magic Swords (Terra, Ashe), and Armors (Golbez), he has better options.

But as I say, talking about equipment is useless, best magic ninja if we take equip in consideration is Tyro by far.

Thats a pretty good team too Mich, kind of jealous of that P. Cecil SSB ;), I really like him.

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
My team is pretty solid:

Sephiroth (SSB)
Yuna (HoTF/BSSB)
Zidane (SSB)
Support (Tyro/SLG or Sazh/Boon)
Flex (typically Luneth for Advance)

I really hate Sazh's equipment selection though; I really hope I get a Hastega on a better character soon. Doesn't Ingus have one?

Dragner

My team is pretty solid:

Sephiroth (SSB)
Yuna (HoTF/BSSB)
Zidane (SSB)

God I hate Sazh's equipment selection though; I really hope I get a Hastega on a better character soon. Doesn't Ingus have one?

yeah, Ingus gets a Hastega + Protectga SB on Luneth event.

That banner is also supergood, so its worth pulling, it has Luneth SSB (Bartz SSB clone) and Arc SSB (shell, heavy regen, magic blink).

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
yeah, Ingus gets a Hastega + Protectga SB on Luneth event.

That banner is also supergood, so its worth pulling, it has Luneth SSB (Bartz SSB clone) and Arc SSB (shell, heavy regen, magic blink).

I was thinking of pulling on it for Luneth's SSB, but Arc's SSB and Ingus' SB just sealed the deal for me. Do you know about how far it is away?

I went 1/33 on Tactics. The 1 was a White Staff. That puts me at 5 11-pulls out of 9 over the last few weeks without a 5 star.

Spending $80 on that has pretty much told me to never spend money on this game ever again (I spent nearly $350 over the last year). I'm pretty much fed up with this shit at this point. I'm even giving up on 100-gem pulls as I've had a terrible return (like 2 5-stars out of 30 pulls).

To add insult to injury, I got my first 5-star daily pull yesterday and it was an FF13 Kaiser Knuckle. Goddamnit.

Balphon

Ramza can equip Magic Swords (Terra, Ashe), and Armors (Golbez), he has better options.

But as I say, talking about equipment is useless, best magic ninja if we take equip in consideration is Tyro by far.

Yeah, but Tyro's stats are so bad that he'll lose if you have literally any of the specialized items.

There are actually more +mag light armors (Kefka, Vincent) than heavy, but armor is thankfully not an issue since everyone can equip hats and bracers. Except Exdeath, who hasn't picked up on Irvine's multiple-hat skills.

There are also other, even less common item types with like 1-2 +mag relics:

Axe (Ramza)
Bow (Yuffie)

One of the more recent JP events even has a +mag fist weapon. Past that I think it's just Palom's dagger for ninja purposes.

EDIT: All this roster scoping has convinced me that they need to add Type-0 so we can have Seven as a ninja with whip access.

Yeah, but Tyro's stats are so bad that he'll lose if you have literally any of the specialized items.

There are actually more +mag light armors (Kefka, Vincent) than heavy, but armor is thankfully not an issue since everyone can equip hats and bracers. Except Exdeath, who hasn't picked up on Irvine's multiple-hat skills.

There are also other, even less common item types with like 1-2 +mag relics:

Axe (Ramza)
Bow (Yuffie)

One of the more recent JP events even has a +mag fist weapon. Past that I think it's just Palom's dagger for ninja purposes.

EDIT: All this roster scoping has convinced me that they need to add Type-0 so we can have Seven as a ninja with whip access.

Noctis and Gang will be added before that
edit:im staying the fuck away from the FFT banner
just made 3 new accounts for funsies and 6 11 pulls nothing of value dropped

I guess my team for most content will be

Ramza SSB
Auron SSB
Y'Sholta with both SB's
Vivi or Rinoa with SSB
Beatrix with SB (was gonna be Agrais curse you tactics banner :[)

Maybe swap in Zidane since I also have his ssb

Dragner

I guess my team for most content will be

Ramza SSB
Auron SSB
Y'Sholta with both SB's
Vivi or Rinoa with SSB

Maybe swap in Zidane since I also have his ssb

Beatriz SSB is way better than Agrias...so thats that. And its on a good banner.

After the anniversary, I've got some new tools to play with. Looking at my new options, I think I'll run this as the basis of a main team:

Garnet: Protectga R3, Curaja R5
P.Cecil: Shellga R3, Lifesiphon R4
Yuffie: Thief's Revenge R2, Tempo Flurry R5 / Steal HP R4 / Dismissal R2 / Steal Power R3
Steiner: Barrage R2, Drain Strike R5 / Banishing Strike R4
Fran: Full Break R3, Magic Breakdown R4 / Power Breakdown R3

RW: Shout or SG/SS2

I can then swap in specific abilities for medal requirements as needed.

Unique SBs list
Garnet - Divine Guardian SSB [Wizard's Rod]
P.Cecil - Saint's Fall SSB [Lustrous Sword]
P.Cecil - Sentinel [Lustrous Shield]
Yuffie - Clear Tranquil [Wutai Headband+]
Steiner - Sword Art Stock Break [2x Ultima Sword ++]
Fran - Whip Kick [Loxley Bow]

Aerith - Healing Wind [Guard Stick]
Keeper - Celebration Grimoire [Celebration Grimoire]
Tellah - Font of Wisdom [Polymorph Rod]
Mog - Sunbath [Holy Lance]

Galuf - Unyielding Fist [Kaiser Knuckles]
Galuf - Fist of the Dawn [Thor Hammer]
Celes - Runic Blade [Soul Sabre +]
Lightning - Blaze Rush [Blazefire Sabre]
Zack - Rush Assult [Buster Sword CC]
Sephiroth - Hell's Gate [Masamune]
Edgar - Bioblaster [Partisan]
D.Cecil - Soul Eater [Shadowblade]
Cid - Dynamite [Trident]
Thancred - Dancing Edge [Yoshimitsu]
Cyan - Bushido Flurry [Kiku-ichimonji +]
Kain - Lancet [Blood Lance]
Irvine - Fast Ammo [Valiant]

Rinoa - Angel Wing Bolt [Valkyrie +]
Rinoa - Angel Wing Quake [Rising Sun]
Golbez - Nightglow [Ebon Armor]
Terra - Trance Flood [Minerva Bustier]
Krile - Wind Drake's Roar [Magus Rod]
Hope - Earthquake [Airwing]
Vivi - Oak Staff [Double Venom]
Reno - Pyramid [Reno's Goggles]

Kouriozan

Quick look at the subreddit show me poor DeNA is getting some angry e-mails :x
I understand the frustration but gacha is a lottery.

Sephiroth /SSB
Lightning /SSB
Agrias /SSB
Ramza /SSB
Yuna/Minwu/Y'shtola Medica

Cloud w/ SSB & BSSB
Lightning w/ SSB
Ramza w/ SSB
Paladin Cecil w/ SSB
Selphie w/ SSB
Sephiroth (SSB)
Yuna (HoTF/BSSB)
Zidane (SSB)
Ramza SSB
Auron SSB
Y'Sholta with both SB's
Vivi or Rinoa with SSB
Garnet
P.Cecil
Yuffie
Steiner
Fran

Those all look fantastic. Lots of love for Sephiroth!

I'm not sure if I really have a set A-Team. Definitely an open slot to fill in most cases I think, and I like to try and use realm synergy characters where possible.

Ramza (SSB)
Bartz (SSB)
Lightning (SSB)
Minwu (Medica) / Y'Shtola (Wall)
[Free Space]

For Belias i'll take Rinoa as a last spot - Alexander for Phase 1 and Flare for Phase 2. First World Problem on the healer, the natural Wall is a Godsend but I have become unstuck a couple times in the past when I've needed to refresh it and someone is a hit away from death and needs a heal. Minwu on the other hand never has that problem, especially as his break is instant cast.

Nohar

Quick look at the subreddit show me poor DeNA is getting some angry e-mails :x
I understand the frustration but gacha is a lottery.

The real point of contention seems to be that, unlike previous banners (specifically since the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Event), items with Character specific Soul Breaks (Grand Armor, Kaiser Shield, Nu Khai Armband) have a 1% chance of dropping, instead of 2%, and off-banner items are much more likely to drop. This seems to be an exclusive change for the NA/EU version of the game, whereas the JP version had the "normal" drop rates (reminder: drop rates are actually visible for the JP version of the game, as they are obligated by law to reveal them there). More info there.

Kouriozan

The real point of contention seems to be that, unlike previous banners (specifically since the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Event), items with Character specific Soul Breaks (Grand Armor, Kaiser Shield, Nu Khai Armband) have a 1% chance of dropping, instead of 2%. More info there.
Yeah, saw something similar yesterday with too much off-banner relics, who knows, maybe DeNA cheated us.
The lack of 2% might be understandable since this banner has more items that regular ones.
Do we have info on the JP rates?

Dragner

Yeah, saw something similar yesterday with too much off-banner relics, who knows, maybe DeNA cheated us.
The lack of 2% might be understandable since this banner has more items that regular ones.

The problem is Japan got 2% for Agrias shield and Ramza's Armor and Arm-band (Rates in Japan are known because gacha laws exist there).

Here is 1% for every single relic and the rest was push into off banner relics, there are people pulling 12 5* and 7 being off banner, literally insane. I got 1 off banner on my only pull of 2 relics.

Kouriozan

The problem is Japan got 2% for Agrias shield and Ramza's Armor and Arm-band (Rates in Japan are known because gacha laws exist there).

Here is 1% for every single relic and the rest was push into off banner relics, there are people pulling 12 5* and 7 being off banner, literally insane. I got 1 off banner on my only pull of 2 relics.
I see, thanks.
I knew about the rates showing up in JP since I played it a bit + in global the little box showing it exist but is blank.

Jarekx

My main team right now

Ramza (all soulbreaks, lol)
Tyro (SG)
Locke SSB
Lightning SSB
Bartz SSB

In Reserve:
Cloud BSB
Rinoa SSB
Terra SSB
Lulu (Hairpin)

Just basic Shout and lifesiphon. Cloud can switch hit for anyone if I need him too ( more aoe off burst commands or just more busty damage) and I'm probaly gonna build a mage team for funsies as well.

Dunno if I even have an A-Team.

As far as the trinity, I've got Tyro (SG), Red (Lunatic High), Aerith (Planet Protector), and Yuna (Hymn of the Faith). I also have Squall's and Terra's SSB -- along with Red's other two SBs, because the game really wants me to use him.

I guess it'd be:

Squall
Terra
Yuna / Medica
Red / Support + Hastega/Protectga
Tyro / Wall

But I usually use RS characters whenever I can. And I really wish I had a decent thief weapon.

Falk

that puzzling face
The real point of contention seems to be that, unlike previous banners (specifically since the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Event), items with Character specific Soul Breaks (Grand Armor, Kaiser Shield, Nu Khai Armband) have a 1% chance of dropping, instead of 2%, and off-banner items are much more likely to drop. This seems to be an exclusive change for the NA/EU version of the game, whereas the JP version had the "normal" drop rates (reminder: drop rates are actually visible for the JP version of the game, as they are obligated by law to reveal them there). More info there.

Been seeing that thrown around for those three items.

Where's the source on that?

Because according to this which I previously linked a-la Reddit of last month, as well as that other Gacha simulator, all relics on banner are (edit: assumed to be) 1%.

Some old discussion on JP both cite 1% and 2%. If there was a screenshot of the rates screen, that'd put the matter to rest.

Dragner

I see, thanks.
I knew about the rates showing up in JP since I played it a bit + in global the little box showing it exist but is blank.

In fact I did a 3 pull for funsies right now, and I pulled an off banner blitz sword that makes 2/3 off banner for me.

DeNA made a dick move, moving the good stuff of SSB Fest to banner 5 and then just after it finished drop Tactics, maximize profit.

JTran2003

This game hates me. 11 pull only net me one 5* that was a XIII armor with no soul break... I should be happy with getting defender but I wish I could have gotten platinum sword.

Dragner

Been seeing that thrown around for those three items.

Where's the source on that?

Because according to this which I previously linked a-la Reddit of last month, as well as that other Gacha simulator, all relics on banner are (edit: assumed to be) 1%.

Some old discussion on JP both cite 1% and 2%. If there was a screenshot of the rates screen, that'd put the matter to rest.

I think that spreadsheet shows chance for 9 item banners like SSB Fest where each banner its a character relic, Tactics was its own thing, theres a reddit thread that analized that long ago, but cant find it now. but you only have to go to the relic pull and see people's pull, then compare with japan megathread for the same event. Theres no way that pulls with so many off banners are normal.

I regret so much not waiting a few hours before pulling yesterday. I never ever expected that shit to happen... Last few days have been 2/46, the 2 being off banners from yesterday. I would have moved the FFT allocation to Relm 2 for a chance at Celes SSB and a 2% chance at Kekfa's Cloak.

Oh well, will have enough for one 50 Mythrils pull on Relm 2 then it's saving time for Kuja's banners and next VIII banners (or the one after which is better, just scared Ifrit Fragment hits before).

In fact I did a 3 pull for funsies right now, and I pulled an off banner blitz sword that makes 2/3 off banner for me.

DeNA made a dick move, moving the good stuff of SSB Fest to banner 5 and then just after it finished drop Tactics, maximize profit.

thats a fucking beginners 5 star
DeNa what the fuck are you doin?

Falk

that puzzling face
I think that spreadsheet shows chance for 9 item banners like SSB Fest where each banner its a character relic, Tactics was its own thing, theres a reddit thread that analized that long ago, but cant find it now. but you only have to go to the relic pull and see people's pull, then compare with japan megathread for the same event. Theres no way that pulls with so many off banners are normal.

Right, so here's the premise right now:

- Reddit's pull pool on JP FFT is negligible. It's not even possible to empirically consider this evidence one way or another.

- Every pull pool result of a decent sample size has a bias towards one or two prize relics. For example, Platinum Sword on FFT, Sentinel Grimoire in SSB5, etc. This is just reporting bias, on an otherwise somewhat useful statistics gathering.

- Discussions on the JP FFT banner have thrown both 1% and 2% for the non-SSB character relics. As far as I'm concerned, unless there's actual screenshotted proof of the rate one way or another, it's a schrodinger's cat, and indeterminate.

- IF the JP banners were 1%, then yes, there's going to be more off-banner shiz pulled compared to other banners just due to the pure maths, but that would make Global's banner 'nerfed' vs normal 7-item banners, not 'nerfed' vs JP, which is where a lot of the outrage is coming from.

The tl;dr here is simple. WAS IT 1% or 2%? Short of a screenshot of the rates screen, we don't know. We know some on reddit are claiming 2%. We know that e.g. the spreadsheet I linked and the gacha simulator claim 1%. However neither of those are enough to draw on as conclusive evidence. Reddit's JP FFT pulls from 2015 are not conclusive evidence. If that old analysis you're talking about indeed sources a screenshot, good, we have conclusive evidence. Otherwise, no, we do not.

I'm really tempted to start going through old Japanese youtube videos of crazy pullers just to see if any of them bring up the rates as shown in-app, even for a split second.

Dragner

There's no conclusive 100% evidence of any rate in the game, because rates here are unknown, we can talk on assumptions bassed on a good amount of result, even with reporting bias, the sample is big enough to make a point.

Now each one believe whatever has to believe, I think theres no way a banner that already has 4 garbage items on it needs that high rate of off banner items, and thats not bias, everybody is reporting it, and I dont think people will lie about his bad luck pulls. Im not lying about my 2/3 off baner for sure.

Dandte

Hello ffrk gaf,

I thought it would be a good Time to Join the Game. What Should Look i out for? There are so many Gachas. Beginners Choice Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom