• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really tempted to start going through old Japanese youtube videos of crazy pullers just to see if any of them bring up the rates as shown in-app, even for a split second.

That would be interesting. However, on my side, I do not really care if JP had 2% or not, I understand that it's a different game. What is upsetting me is all about Global. It's the downgrade in character SB % after a bunch of banners with them at 2%. I am not screaming at DeNa or writing them e-mail hoping for partial refund, I am more angry at myself for not waiting to see what was going to happen. I expected a 0.8% off banners.

I am curious about something. What is the expected rate for a banner non-character relic right now? If it's 2% like character specific SB, it adds up to 2 SSB (2%), 3 characters SB (6%), 2 shared/No SB (4%) for 12%, leaving about .8% for off banners. If it's 1% for shared/No SB, we get 10%, leaving it at 2.8% for off banners, closer but still better than what is approximated right now from the FFT data. Either way, looks like FFT had the biggest % of off-banners in a while. Like Dragner said, it really sucks considering that there was already 4 not so appealing FFT items on the banner.

Falk

that puzzling face
Now each one believe whatever has to believe, I think theres no way a banner that already has 4 garbage items on it needs that high rate of off banner items, and thats not bias, everybody is reporting it, and I dont think people will lie about his bad luck pulls. Im not lying about my 2/3 off baner for sure.

This is simply not true, and demonstrable in prior sample collections either. If there's a prize item on a banner and people who get it are more likely to report it than others by a figure of, say 30%, that skews the results with a 30% higher report rate of that item. (that 30% figure pulled out of ass, of course)

The more prized an item, the higher that bias is. Sentinel Grimoire, for example, had a whopping 1.7% 'pull rate' from SSB5's. I really, really doubt that the SSB banners had greater than 1% chance per featured item.

And again, I'm not saying that I either have a conclusive report on JP rates (that's only true when someone has a screenshot of the actual gacha rates on the Japanese client 5 months ago - Japan has much tighter laws on disclosing percentages due to its much more entrenched mobile/gacha ecosystem), and I'm not saying that in a case of 1% across the board, that the remainder off-banner isn't a high rate. It totally is.

I'm saying sending hundreds of carbon copy e-mails to DeNA with the premise that the Global banner is different from Japan's banner without concrete evidence is somewhat disingenuous.

That would be interesting. However, on my side, I do not really care if JP had 2% or not, I understand that it's a different game. What is upsetting me is all about Global. It's the downgrade in character SB % after a bunch of banners with them at 2%. I am not screaming at DeNa or writing them e-mail hoping for partial refund, I am more angry at myself for not waiting to see what was going to happen. I expected a 0.8% off banners.

Right. THIS exactly, too.

Hello ffrk gaf,

I thought it would be a good Time to Join the Game. What Should Look i out for? There are so many Gachas. Beginners Choice Sounds good to me.

Hahaha you picked a hell of a time to join. Don't mind the current uproar. There's a great guide over at Reddit for beginners that's still very concise and contemporary. Gacha is a little bit of a mixed bag. The beginner's choice pulls has some good relics, and guarantees you a 5* item, but your Mythril honestly might be better spent elsewhere to start with considering power creep. Many people starting off do tend to put off the beginner banner till a little later, since you have a pick of whatever you want, and this can be used to beef up lacking Record Synergies.

Feel free to ask more questions etc.

Kouriozan

My current team is :

Tyro / Sentinel Grimoire (Wall)
Agrias / all her SB, the one with Attack/Magic -50% that stack with both breakdown and full break is simply amazing.
Cloud / BSB
Lenna / Princess's Favor (Medica)
Ramza / Shout, Hall of Stones

I know it's not perfect but hey native trinity, might switch Tyro for Ultimate (+) with Cid (Hyper Jump) or Zidane (SSB), but they grant personal haste (Cid) or boost (Zidane) so it's not so great with Shout, I probably should aim for a nice physical (B)SSB now.

Fake edit : forgot I also have Balthier's Element of Treachery (10 hit ranged), I should try that.

Noi

I was going to bum rush my remaining Elites to get enough Mythril in the FFT banner for a final 11 pull, but seeing everything that's come to light, I'm thinking I may as well count myself supremely lucky for getting Grand Armor and Kaiser Shield and spend that mythril elsewhere.

Guess I'll start saving for FFXII Banner 1.

MrDaravon

Yeah, as falk mentioned the bias in reporting make me somewhat leery here, BUT I am inclined to agree that something weird is going on with non-character relic drop rates for sure. I pulled back to back generic 5*s which I've never had happen. Normally I'd just shake my fist or whatever and move on with things, but there does seem to be a pretty abnormally high amount of people getting non-character specific relics which does seem odd. At this point I honestly don't think I'm going to put in money into gem pulls on this banner like I originally planned unless we get some sort of official statement or clarification before the banner goes away (which I don't expect).

Hello ffrk gaf,

I thought it would be a good Time to Join the Game. What Should Look i out for? There are so many Gachas. Beginners Choice Sounds good to me.
Yeah definitely. You are guaranteed a choice of 5* weapon for doing that too. I'd personally recommend the Tyrfing.
Other than that, try and grab a couple characters from the FFX-2 event as that ends pretty soon. You should be able to do the first couple levels easily enough.

Also kudos Falk for slipping Schodingers Cat into a FFRK post!

Falk

that puzzling face

I saw that one actually! I'm basically searching youtube with a few keywords and a very specific time range.

What one of them needs to do is click the red links .On Global it just says that rarer items are harder to get blah blah blah while the bottom link is a copypasta of the banner announcement. On JP that information is far more detailed. I don't recall what exactly it showed 5 months ago, but even if it doesn't explicitly say 2% on certain items back then, that's already a point of information we can use.

unless we get some sort of official statement or clarification before the banner goes away (which I don't expect).

There's been an official response to a few of the cursory e-mails at least. "We checked, all working as intended". Nothing further in response to the subsequent torrent of emails.

Dragner

This is simply not true, and demonstrable in prior sample collections either. If there's a prize item on a banner and people who get it are more likely to report it than others by a figure of, say 30%, that skews the results with a 30% higher report rate of that item. (that 30% figure pulled out of ass, of course)

The more prized an item, the higher that bias is. Sentinel Grimoire, for example, had a whopping 1.7% 'pull rate' from SSB5's. I really, really doubt that the SSB banners had greater than 1% chance per featured item.

yeah, Im not talking about positive bias, Im talking about the negative one, Im not a statician, but I find hard to believe that all this people reporting 5/6/7 off banner relics are lying just for the trolls. And its a lot of people, and lots of screenshots, I dont really care I got my Platinum Sword first try, but I cant feel good about this shit rates, just because people waited for this so long, to get that bullshit.

Dragner

I saw that one actually! I'm basically searching youtube with a few keywords and a very specific time range.

What one of them needs to do is click the red links .On Global it just says that rarer items are harder to get blah blah blah while the bottom link is a copypasta of the banner announcement. On JP that information is far more detailed. I don't recall what exactly it showed 5 months ago, but even if it doesn't explicitly say 2% on certain items back then, that's already a point of information we can use.

There's been an official response to a few of the cursory e-mails at least. "We checked, all working as intended". Nothing further in response to the subsequent torrent of emails.

yeah it would be nice to have that info, I know it IS on reddit somewhere because I saw the link posted one time. But cant find it.

Decided to throw 5 more mythril at the banner as a last chance. 3 star item and I'm done. So that's 115 mythril spent with one 5 star item too show it for it. Ice rod. Oh well. I'm hoarding mythril from now on if I can help it.

My team is pretty solid with the retaliate advance methods so I'm not even going to move to scream tactics yet.

Cloud - BSSB and SSB for plus 20 more attack. best retaliate user for me and life siphon

Zack - SSB air ship aoe stun is great also life siphon.

Yshtola - both wall and aoe heal. Useful breaks or white magic

Sazh - Boon is still great. Really a ton of different useful skills including healing and breaks.

Aerith - aoe heal and I have her Dragon force as well. Having a strong summoner has been useful too.

So yeah, just going to stick to this for the next couple of months. Been working great so far. I'll see how it treats me :)

Kouriozan

Also this
"Equipment marked with a Huge Drop Rate Bonus has an even greater drop rate bonus", looks like false advertising based on that early reddit poll.
(French translation don't even mention that so I can't check)

Edit : but it does say that some items have an higher drop rate chances.

Falk

that puzzling face
yeah thx Jarekx, you got it right, now it seems clear.

Now Falk can grab his Pitchfork and join the angry mob!!

Heh, I mean, I stopped at 1/34 so my situation's a little different.

But in terms of pure maths:

Code:
JP - SSCCCCCCGGGGO
EN - SSCCCGGGGOOOO
   - SSCCCGGGGCCCO

Where S = SSB, C = character relic, G = generic FFT relic, O = off banner, 1% blocks each (yes, I know the banner is actually slightly less than 13%)

Showing JP with its 2% character relic chances, EN with its 1% character relic chances and the 3rd row is a rearrangement of the JP banner to line things up.

So if you'd rolled an O, chances are (a 3 out of 4 chance) you'd have gotten a character relic on the JP banner.

isnt false advertisement super illegal

There's another catch.

ioKxmnxl.jpg

This is what the items look like on Global.

If you check Jarekx's link, 2x items have always been clearly labelled on the JP counterpart.

It's not something peculiar to the FFT banner either. All previous 7-item banners on Global didn't really make that distinction. We just knew of the 2x chance by 'huge drop rate bonus' as well as the precedent set by the Japanese version.

I'm actually still inclined to think that the banner discrepency (everything just saying "Drop Rate Bonus!" with no distinction for the 2x) is likely a localization issue, and Lord knows if FFT's dropping from 2% to 1% is intentional or just another bungle by the global team.

Right thanks. Very clearly stated then.

So I take back what I said. The e-mails are completely warranted as far as the basis of being different from JP goes. 1% spreadsheet and gacha simulator were in error.

I wouldn't be bothered too much by the change if they had actually announced it. As much as they like to claim that Global is a different game, they have to know that this information is out there and a good number of people will be spending their mythril/gems based on that info. It feels deceptive to make a change like this without surfacing it. They really should be providing the probabilities on all pulls in the game when they're taking people's money for a virtual slot machine.

edit: I probably shouldn't say "deceptive" since that implies intent which very well may not be there. We don't even know if it was an intentional change or not and the Global team has made a number of mistakes in the past in porting content. In any case, I wish they would just surface the odds.

As far as I can see, there has been the mention of Huge Drop Rate Bonus since AC, but there never was any item "marked". Seems counter intuitive marketing wise to bring that up by talking about it in the "Increased Drop Rate" section of banners but not showing which item is part of it. However, if they were using that mark, we would have either seen right away that FFT SB are not marked or they would have been marked and we would really have an even better reason to bitch (although based on user provided data).

Watch it, items with Huge Drop Rate Bonus will start being marked staring on the next banner. That way it will finally be there but they will have been able to trick us with FFT. Nah, just the paranoia talking... Haha!

WarAdept

Good morning everyone, I bet everyone's talking about their 5 new Platinum Swords they've just...

Tactics banner scam discussion

Oh... Well this is an interesting development to wake up to. Makes me feel better about my pulls at least (in a sad way)

Valus

As far as I can see, there has been the mention of Huge Drop Rate Bonus since AC, but there never was any item "marked". Seems counter intuitive marketing wise to bring that up by talking about it in the "Increased Drop Rate" section of banners but not showing which item is part of it. However, if they were using that mark, we would have either seen right away that FFT SB are not marked or they would have been marked and we would really have an even better reason to bitch (although based on user provided data).

Watch it, items with Huge Drop Rate Bonus will start being marked staring on the next banner. That way it will finally be there but they will have been able to trick us with FFT. Nah, just the paranoia talking... Haha!

The FFX banner has a list of items marked for huge drop rate bonuses. There's a list on each phase outside of the "increased drop rate" section. It was for some reason omitted entirely in the FFT banner.

Kaiterra

Banned
Wow that would really explain a lot. Not just here and on Reddit but in a chat room I frequent too everyone was drawing unusual numbers of generic and off-banner stuff. I got two off-banner items myself. Con artists!

Man, Leblanc went down easy. Only lost a medal for actions

Based Shout meta though. Used it as a RW with Squall's SSB. Tyro died in the middle after Leblanc went down trying to get another SG up after No Love Lost.

If you get Blind to proc you're pretty much golden.

Kouriozan

It don't help that this banner is overhyped.
I'm watching this guy talking and giving score on upcoming banner and he gave it 10/10, best banner ever "pretty much for the entire game"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The FFX banner has a list of items marked for huge drop rate bonuses. There's a list on each phase outside of the "increased drop rate" section. It was for some reason omitted entirely in the FFT banner.
This all feels skeazy, particularly when the designers must know that Shout is a top tier relic that Global players have been told to build their teams around.

Valus

I can't find it, where it's at?

Yeah as Balph said it is in the announcement section. Home page -> top left click announcements -> scroll down to either phase 1 or phase 2 of FFX banners -> open it up and you'll see it.

This all feels skeazy, particularly when the designers must know that Shout is a top tier relic that Global players have been told to build their teams around.

Agree 100%. The FFT banner even has the "huge drop rate" wording, but there isn't any item list to correspond with it. It just looks fishy as hell and if what the others were saying is true about the drop rates, then it's pretty obvious they intentionally screwed us.

Yeah as Balph said it is in the announcement section. Home page -> top left click announcements -> scroll down to either phase 1 or phase 2 of FFX banners -> open it up and you'll see it.

Oh ok thanks, I see it! I guess that they mean the SSB and the SB have more chance to drop than the non-character specific relics featured on the banner. All characters relic are present in the Huge Drop Rate Bonus section. The absence of that on the FFT banners could have been an indicator that it was equal for all.

alcheim

I can finally take it easy after the past couple of weeks. Orbfest + FFX2 + SSB Fest + Nightmare Dungeons + FFT + Dungeon Updates.

So anyway, about the Ultima ability (which apparently requires Ultima record + Fire crystal + Non-elemental crystal + Black crystal)...

I only ended up with half of the crystals required for the skill, and of course, the dungeon is closed now. I assumed that I could just orb exchange into crystals, but apparently not. So were we just supposed to grind thru the nightmare dungeons for random crystal drops?

ccbfan

Wow that's some bull crap they pulled with the fft banner.

Very dirty and anti fans.

Not sure I even want to continue playing this game even though I have a good natural trinity. Definitely won't be buying gems anymore.

ZangBa

They had to have altered the drop rates on purpose. The thing is, we have knowledge of what banners and relics are coming so far in advance, I imagine unlike JP, Global players probably save more for really specific banners, rather than being more liberal with our pulls. I assume they rigged it this way because they knew it was their best chance at getting people to whale hard, even if they normally don't.

I'd say that's pretty underhanded, but I understand why. I don't justify it, they should have at least been honest about the rates. I guess technically they don't have to be unlike JP, despite the negative repercussions it has with the community.

Falk

that puzzling face
They had to have altered the drop rates on purpose.

I have reason to believe that it could still be a simple mistake from the sheer fact that our banners functionally differ from JP banners (rolling gacha) to begin with, and this is the first realm event 9-item banner for Global, and clearly parts of the localization team (e.g. the graphic guys who put "drop rate increase" on both this FFT and previous event banners, completely missing out that the original JP versions show x2 for certain items) are not with the program, and equally hilariously large issues have been pushed to Global in the past.

Thing is, this time around, 1) it's shadier because it affects a part of the game not explicitly exposed as public information and 2) it involves money.

We'll see what they do about it either way, I guess.

Ideally if they want to own up, all they need to do take large steps towards rectifying the situation would be to go through the database of pulls on the FFT banner, and award every off-banner item with a random piece of out of the three non-SSB character relics, while letting people keep the off-banner items, and totally discounting the original ~1% chance the off-banner items would have had otherwise, as a measure of goodwill. That'd essentially 'revert' the state of all pulls to what the JP banners would have been, plus some bonuses for everyone inconvenienced by it.

Of course, that's extremely generous, and it hinges on the DeNA FFRK global team 1) completely understanding the issue and 2) being willing to rectify it. And honestly, I do think that a lot of this is still due to Global's 'look-ahead-and-plan-like-batman' mode of consumption for the game, which DeNA isn't exactly obliged to accomodate. THAT fact at least, hasn't changed.

ZangBa

I have reason to believe that it could still be a simple mistake from the sheer fact that our banners functionally differ from JP banners (rolling gacha) to begin with, and this is the first realm event 9-item banner for Global, and clearly parts of the localization team (e.g. the graphic guys who put "drop rate increase" on both this FFT and previous event banners, completely missing out that the original JP versions show x2 for certain items) are not with the program, and equally hilariously large issues have been pushed to Global in the past.

Thing is, this time around, 1) it's shadier because it affects a part of the game not explicitly exposed as public information and 2) it involves money.

We'll see what they do about it either way, I guess.

I should have worded it better. I really just mean that I personally believe they altered it on purpose. Your PoV is also a logical conclusion here.

I stand by what I said, though. They are a business and they want to make money. I feel like they knew how big this event was going to be and took advantage of it. I honestly hope I am wrong, though, and chances are I probably am. I guess I just don't have a lot of confidence in companies and business tactics.

Noi

I can finally take it easy after the past couple of weeks. Orbfest + FFX2 + SSB Fest + Nightmare Dungeons + FFT + Dungeon Updates.

So anyway, about the Ultima ability (which apparently requires Ultima record + Fire crystal + Non-elemental crystal + Black crystal)...

I only ended up with half of the crystals required for the skill, and of course, the dungeon is closed now. I assumed that I could just orb exchange into crystals, but apparently not. So were we just supposed to grind thru the nightmare dungeons for random crystal drops?

6* abilities will remain elusive for a long time, since the only places that drop the mats for them are one-time event rewards and newly added Nightmare dungeons. Don't really put any priority in being able to use them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To be honest, they don't have to do anything really. They probably don't even have to explain what happened with the rates.

I guess it depends on whether or not they think people will quit the game (or at least stop paying into the game) because they've lost the trust of the players though.

MrDaravon

And honestly, I do think that a lot of this is still due to Global's 'look-ahead-and-plan-like-batman' mode of consumption for the game, which DeNA isn't exactly obliged to accomodate. THAT fact at least, hasn't changed.

Agreed. I've said it before, but being able to plan months in advance is both a blessing and a curse. I kinda wish we were caught up with JP just to avoid it altogether.

That said if they did indeed alter drop rates for this event specifically that is pretty messed up regardless of how anyone feels about whales etc.

alcheim

6* abilities will remain elusive for a long time, since the only places that drop the mats for them are one-time event rewards and newly added Nightmare dungeons. Don't really put any priority in being able to use them.

Thanks

I was curious since some comments on the wiki had different crystal counts from mine (5 black/ 3 non-elemental/ 3 fire). Though I only went thru the dungeons once, and save-scummed until I got mastery and didn't bother replaying them again.

Kapow

Reddit sub is getting unbearable with the salt and entitlement my god. Dena hasnt promised specific rates for relic drops and you have people sending the most ridiculous emails saying they feel betrayed and lied to and other nonsense.

edit: Oh and there's also threads begging people to stop spending on the game... gamers these days are an embarrassing bunch

ccbfan

Reddit sub is getting unbearable with the salt and entitlement my god. Dena hasnt promised specific rates for relic drops and you have people sending the most ridiculous emails saying they feel betrayed and lied to and other nonsense.

edit: Oh and there's also threads begging people to stop spending on the game... gamers these days are an embarrassing bunch

What is it with gamers and stockholm syndrome.

If a company does some under handed crap to its fans. That company doesn't deserve those fans.

Changing rates like this, people have a right to be salty. Next thing you know they're just change the BSSB fest banner rates to .000000001%. Hey they didn't promise anything right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom