• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapow

What is it with gamers and stockholm syndrome.

If a company does some under handed crap to its fans. That company doesn't deserve those fans.

Changing rates like this, people have a right to be salty. Next thing you know they're just change the BSSB fest banner rates to .000000001%. Hey they didn't promise anything right?

For all we know the rates are in line with what they've been in the past, people are overreacting based on a small sample size. Not to mention people are waaaay more likely to post positive pulls than negative so you're not gonna get an accurate sample regardless. It's just a bunch of salty people who want a refund and it's embarassing

If a company does some under handed crap to its fans. That company doesn't deserve those fans.

Changing rates like this, people have a right to be salty. Next thing you know they're just change the BSSB fest banner rates to .000000001%. Hey they didn't promise anything right?

dont give them any ideas!
edit: nvm his name is just similar and confusing

hesho

i don't know.. there seems to be a rather large furor from this. I admit, i got jack shit from my pulls too and i found it really odd how many off banner relics i was getting. While i was pulling, i was wondering if they could actually lower rates to get more income from it but i figured i was being just crazy...

maybe not so much after all..

broz0rs

just took a look at reddit. so glad there's a decent ffrk community in gaf.

prior to just now, I had no clue there's such hostility with the rates. personally, I went 8/23 (no platinum sword) and all were FFT relics.

hesho

prior to just now, I had no clue there's such hostility with the rates. personally, I went 8/23 (no platinum sword) and all were FFT relics.

consider yourself lucky then...

i did 7 x 11 pulls + 100 gem pull.... I got 1 FFT relic (arm band) and 4 off banner relics (Shinra Helm, Assasin Dagger, Flame Shield and a Zantetsuken). I just find it so odd the amount of off banner items ppl are getting when the spotlighted items are suppose to have a "drop rate bonus".

ccbfan

The off banner relic rate were definitely messed with.

I though it was awkward too when I got more off banner items from the FFT banner than my lifetime of the game before hand. I though I was just an anomoly

Apparently I wasn't.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If nothing else, they certainly eroded a lot of trust in the randomness of the game.

Hell, if I was them, I would have boosted the FFT drop rates to make everyone happy and get people to spend more money that way.

"I got mine, why are these other people so whiny?" Go into the relic drop thread there; some of the stories are super sobering.

Honestly, the reddit community is awesome. It's been a massive help in mastering every event since the start and it's no surprise things have gone crazy when DeNA decides to go full-greed on the most anticipated banner. A number of people coming off as ill-informed and insufferably snobby in here.

Dragner

People have invested their money and time on this event. They should not have a preference of course. But asking for a fair trade is not insanity, they have rights to be sad. DeNA knew this banner was popular(they could have missed its powerlevel first time in japan), and all point that they use the banner popularity to make more money. It could be a mistake, an honest mistake,but they should step in and say it.

And attacking Reddit, we know most of things we know thanks to reddit, the community is awesome. They are passionate, thats not bad, there are people there investing time to make guides, datamining banners ...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly if it was a problem for the game long term, I don't see why they didn't just nerf Shout. Maybe it like +10% attack or something. Whether or not there was malicious intent on this banner, the fact that they knew it was the most anticipated banner (I don't really pay attention and even I knew that this was the big one to spend all your mythril on) would lead to the most public outcry either way.

Falk

that puzzling face
Reddit sub is getting unbearable with the salt and entitlement my god. Dena hasnt promised specific rates for relic drops and you have people sending the most ridiculous emails saying they feel betrayed and lied to and other nonsense.

edit: Oh and there's also threads begging people to stop spending on the game... gamers these days are an embarrassing bunch

I think it's a matter of perspective. There's probably backlash deserved, but people have a penchant for blowing things way out of proportion on a bandwagon. Reddit genuinely is a terrible, borderline worthless cesspit of overlapping topics right now that ultimately doesn't really serve a long-term purpose thanks to this FFT banner debacle.

At this point I'm not sure if DeNA's FFRK Global team fully understand the issue, even.

Wazzy

Banned
Honestly if the banner rates were changed unknowingly then that's very shitty of DeNa to pull and then act dishonest when complained to.

But I don't know what's right or wrong so that's all I'm saying on this.
I think it's important to remember that even if you don't get the "best" relics, you can still do well in this game. There's a bit of an all-or-nothing attitude that surrounds this game sometime, and that's not the most productive way to think.

I wouldn't say that I've had bad luck, but I certainly haven't been as fortunate as some of the other players here, and I've been able to Master all the Ultimates so far. (A few were a bit harrowing, but once I got over the fact I didn't have the latest shiny SSB/BSSB I could still make it work.) Up until just before the SSB fest, I had zero SSBs, one unique Medica (Aerith's first), and no native Hastega or Wall. It required more work, and some extra planning, but it wasn't insurmountable. Now I have a couple SSBs (no melee ones though), another Medica, and a Hastega, and I'm happy about that, but even if I didn't I'd keep going. It sucks to save and save and get nothing, I've been there, but most of us here have enough tools to get the job done even if it doesn't seem like it at first. (And if you have a Wall and/or a BSSB, and you're sufficiently leveled, you're in a pretty good place already, so don't get too stressed out about missing out on Shout if you did. I don't have any of those yet and I'm not sweating it.)

There may come a time when some of us reach a fight that's just too much, but it's not the end of the world. And I don't think anybody here completed the first FFVIII Elite event so none of us have perfect records anyway. (And if you did, great job.)
2aVC9lX.gif

I can't even remember how much mythril was wasted

alcheim

There really isn't any way DeNa can address this without angering some other group.

Luck is luck, and even if they put up their gacha source code to prove that there wasn't anything devious going on, people will still feel cheated.

Then again, maybe if like 90% of the userbase suddenly don't login to the game for a couple of days, maybe that would spook DeNa into giving out another free 50 mythril
which would then end up being 11 3*s anyway

Dragner

Im still playing the game, but Im not buying any more gems. I will spend the ones I have now and Im done. Full F2P from now.

There really isn't any way DeNa can address this without angering some other group.

Luck is luck, and even if they put up their gacha source code to prove that there wasn't anything devious going on, people will still feel cheated.

Then again, maybe if like 90% of the userbase suddenly don't login to the game for a couple of days, maybe that would spook DeNa into giving out another free 50 mythril
which would then end up being 11 3*s anyway

not for me im saving my mythril till Relm
i need a medica anyways

Grzi

Even with lower chances a lot of people got their relics (not me lol), and higher chances don't guarantee anything.
I understand people are angry, I'm passionate about this game more than I'd like to be, but the overreaction on Reddit is a bit extreme, to say the least.

And the "I'm a day one player I deserve stuff" emails are funny as hell to me.

EDIT: Who's starting KH Unchained tomorrow? I'm actually kind of excited.

Noi

I sunk one of these in at a coinstar that I'd been saving up for a rainy day and got enough for an 11 pull on day one, which got me Agrias's shield.

ccNA9Ka.jpg

...If I'd know how shit the rates were though, I probably wouldn't have done it.

broz0rs

I don't think we've ever come across a bandwagon banner such as this one though. It really seemed this was the big event that everyone's been waiting for months to be a part of mainly to roll one item.

I kinda wished there would have been more vocal people to say that it's perfectly fine to have Shout as an RW.

Dragner

Yeah if you have wall and medica is totally fine to RW Scream. You only lose the stat difference of using Tyro over Ramza. Nothing too critical.

Im reading the pull thread and omg, the amount of people dropping 500$ or moreon this banner and getting NOTHING. I would kill myself.

WarAdept

I might craft Entrust or some shit. I dunno. It's a strange feeling to be parted with 600+ mithril over the space of 2 weeks. Aimlessly floundering around in the void of Tuesdailies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think we've ever come across a bandwagon banner such as this one though. It really seemed this was the big event that everyone's been waiting for months to be a part of mainly to roll one item.

There was a lot of salt over OWA and Blazefire.

If I'm not wrong, (I probably am) Blazefire was slightly after then rolling gacha was supposed to go live, too. It also had Vega 42s as another item on the banner.

Yet here we are 8 months later.

Im reading the pull thread and omg, the amount of people dropping 500$ or moreon this banner and getting NOTHING. I would kill myself.

I'd probably chargeback, lol

Dragner

This is a bit like that guy in GrandBlue Fantasy, that spent 6k chasing a featured character. That lead to a big rehaul of all the gacha system in the game because the uproar and bad press.

This wont get that far for sure(ffrk is way less popular). But it would be nice to get at least the % rates like Japan has.

Noi

OWA was what indirectly made me quit the game the first time, haha. I was really salty over the dry spell the game was giving me ever since it launched, so I used that banner as a barometer to see if I'd stick around. Got nothing, so I quit the game cold turkey.

I still don't regret it tho. I missed a fuckton of events/goodies and the chance to qualify for that dumb welcome pack, but it let me come back with an entirely different mindset to the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm just looking forward to 1-stam hijinks, and Cid's Missions which essentially say "screw yo relics, u gon use A B C D E for this, and a RW"

In preparation I already Rosetta'd my strongest Katana and am working on Rosettaing my strongest gun, just so that I have a baseline ~135ATK weapon for characters that can't use swords in a particular RS, since those missions are going to end up with some really bizarre team comps.

(lv50 Quistis using breakdowns with a whip pfhahahahah)

edit: ^ for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQPOkyhxak

edit2:

In my quest for the ultimate Katana I also fatfingered one Rosetta Stone
nBOD69Ml.jpg

RIP Rosetta Stone. :(

Dragner

Yeah cid missions are messed up. The first one is going to be my incredible shared boostga,shared medica and swiftform OP team for the Braska event xD.

At least you dont have to master it.

(lv50 Quistis using breakdowns with a whip pfhahahahah)

edit: ^ for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWQPOkyhxak

Could be weirder. Sometimes I use Rosa as my support for a backup group Cura.

In preparation I already Rosetta'd my strongest Katana and am working on Rosettaing my strongest gun, just so that I have a baseline ~135ATK weapon for characters that can't use swords in a particular RS, since those missions are going to end up with some really bizarre team comps.

This is why I consider it important to have a good dagger in every record. Everybody can use them. So far I have a 5-star dagger for FF4, FF5, FF8, FF9 x2, FF10, and FF12.

Dandte

Hahaha you picked a hell of a time to join. Don't mind the current uproar. There's a great guide over at Reddit for beginners that's still very concise and contemporary. Gacha is a little bit of a mixed bag. The beginner's choice pulls has some good relics, and guarantees you a 5* item, but your Mythril honestly might be better spent elsewhere to start with considering power creep. Many people starting off do tend to put off the beginner banner till a little later, since you have a pick of whatever you want, and this can be used to beef up lacking Record Synergies.

Feel free to ask more questions etc.

Yeah definitely. You are guaranteed a choice of 5* weapon for doing that too. I'd personally recommend the Tyrfing.
Other than that, try and grab a couple characters from the FFX-2 event as that ends pretty soon. You should be able to do the first couple levels easily enough.

Also kudos Falk for slipping Schodingers Cat into a FFRK post!

Thanks for the advice. I found an old Account on My iPad with Clous tidus and some gacha weapons and wanted to Transfer it to My phone....Long Story Short: i lost the tidus and Cloud Account because i somehow transferred My Phone Data to My iPad....

I did the beginners Choice and the ff x Banner. Only 1 5 * and 2 4* out of Each.

But i got Wakka rikku and mr ronso from the Event. Cool.

Dragner

Now we are arriving to a couple of good banners. If you like magic teams Relm Banner 2 offers some of the best mage relics in the game.

And if you like physical teams Bash banner 1 after that is the best thing we will have in months.

It seems that my 5* luck is based on realms. I'm all set with VII, X, XIII, and possibly FFT (though I mostly pulled generics with FFT) and absolutely nothing real in the other realms. I'm hitting the FFT banner with any mythril I can scrounge until the banner ends

WarAdept

Now we are arriving to a couple of good banners. If you like magic teams Relm Banner 2 offers some of the best mage relics in the game.

And if you like physical teams Bash banner 1 after that is the best thing we will have in months.

I'M THROWING EVERYTHING I HAVE AT SHADOW'S SSB

I only have 6 Mithril right now.

Dragner

I'M THROWING EVERYTHING I HAVE AT SHADOW'S SSB

I only have 6 Mithril right now.

Shadow SSB is incredible, but Its on a really bad banner for me, if I needed medica I would pull for sure, the rest is not very good.

I have more or less synergy covered for V(need a couple of armors here),VI(fully covered),VII(fully covered),VIII(fully covered) and IX(fully covered), serious holes on the rest.

Dragner

I have 3 souls of Heroes. What would be a good character to summon?

You should first try to get both charactes on current final fantasy tactics event. They are really strong and a welcome adition to any team.

I wont rush the spend of hero souls, they are limited, keep them in case you get a relic for a character you dont have unlocked.

Dandte

I got tidus shield from the Banner But i guess he is easy obtsinable by the Story? Also, i can't decide on the beginner Choice :s Cloud since i have Cloud or tyrfing since i could get his character using a Soul.

Dragner

I got tidus shield from the Banner But i guess he is easy obtsinable by the Story? Also, i can't decide on the beginner Choice :s Cloud since i have Cloud or tyrfing since i could get his character using a Soul.

The best relic is hands down stormlance grimoire. It does pretty good damage, more than any relic there, also, that relic can only be obtained there.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think I'll ever get over spamming Barrage with Advance tbh, but that's far, far, far in the future for a recently-started account.

edit: You can actually see what characters you can get by swapping views in the realm dungeon screen to the tree-like view. I don't recall if Tidus was ever made available through realm dungeons (when the game started he was an early bird handout, then was in a few events).

Kongbakpao doesn't show Tidus as recruitable in upcoming FFX events, not even the Braska one.

Noi

Avoid the Buster Sword. It was the first featured 5* relic in the game, and it's been massively overshadowed by almost every other relic added since. Even some of the free gear we get on occasion is stronger than it.

Of the Beginner Banner relics, the general consensus is that Stormlance Grimoire and Tyrfing are the best picks. The former is almost at the level of the current featured gear, while the latter is a good sword for a realm that barely gets any gear along with a Soul Break that will set you up for damage for a long time. Other weapons in that list fill specific niches that depend on what your party looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom