• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
xCOyQzk.png

This was my Nightmare Demon Wall party. Interesting fight. I should've used a different RW since I only used it once at the beginnīng with Tifa. Limit breaks: Water Kick, Soul Eater, and Black Materia. Killed him when his aura thing was down to a single turn, so I bypassed the berserk phase altogether.

Kouriozan

After all those events, I barely worked my Elite dungeons and still at 146 stamina.
Once 2x Greens will be over, I'll have to run almost all dailies once for the mythrils but I hope I'll be able to clear everything before the next DU hits.

Edit : Looks like next DU will be released in 13 days, it won't be enough, oh well.

Mastered the Demon Wall Nightmare after quite a bit of S/L, but with my original strategy/team, which was:

P. Cecil // Protectga + Lifesiphon
Cloud // Drain Strike + Pound
Bartz // Drain Strike + Dismissal
Steiner // Drain Strike + Armor Strike
Lightning // Drain Strike + Lifesiphon

Shout as RW.

Turn 1 involved popping Shout & Protectga. From there, everyone would then hit with their slot 2 ability unless they got hit for damage that required them to Drain Strike. Cecil had mega health thanks to his +300 HP from his SSB weapon, so I just prayed for RNG that didn't hit him so often, as I had no means to heal him.

Once the arms appeared, anyone trapped inside their reach would attack the body, while those outside would focus on one arm. You really have to pay attention here to catch the turn ticks for Demon Wall, because after 3-4 the arms will switch focus and that will mess you up. If you accidentally target the wrong thing, or worse target the right thing but mistime it so Demon Wall shifts the goal posts on you, it can ruin a run. One thing that's nice is the person in the middle of the party will always be in the arm's grip regardless of position and thus always be resigned to attack the body. For me, I dropped Bartz into that slot - with Dismissal, he was delaying turns for the body, protecting me from a tiny bit of extra damage. Throughout all this, I'd alternate between drain and normal attacks as necessary.

Once one arm was down, the Demon Wall was at around 1/3 health. I gave it one more comfort turn to be safe, and then I began to pop all the Soul Breaks I'd built up throughout the battle - 3x of Lightning & Cecil's SSBs thanks to Lifesiphon, and 2x of Steiner's regular SB Sword Art & Bartz' Lupine Barrage. While in doing these attacks recklessly I invited a few gravity counter-attacks that I'd spent the first half of the battle avoiding, I nuked the rest of his health so quickly with this method that he couldn't hit me to actually finish any character off (though god, Cecil came close), which he of course has to do because Gravity can't kill. Nobody had any health when he died, but I basically wiped him out in a very reckless 1.5 turns. I probably had some good RNG luck here too, to be honest.

Just posting this strat in case it helps anybody else.

I got Vincent's cape for $1.

Like, congrats and hoorah and stuff, but for cripe's sake I have SO MUCH synergy for VII already, spread the love mang.

At the very least, it's a good realm to be overloaded in since it's almost monthly.

B.K.

I finished my last Elite dungeon today. I am completely caught up on classic and elite dungeons now. I never thought I would get through the Elites. I assumed they would get to hard to get through. I've been working since the end of the Christmas orbfest to get caught up. I was at 130 stamina then, so I had a lot to do.

Negator

Pure rng, got none today got 5k yesterday off 1 run

Man, it feels like I'm getting all the greens I should have gotten all week all in one day. I didn't farm greens exclusively for the first half of it, manage to have 46k right now after buying two major orbs, two MC2 and the 2 mythril.

GAMERG0D

So I just learned about Steal HP/Defense/Power, Dismissal and Lifesiphon. The last two in particular look insane. I guess it's time to beat Nightmare with Zack's Glove+. I've pretty much ignored the new abilities the past few months and didn't grind for orbs. Probably a mistake. However I did take advantage of Tempo Flurry. Recently I have gotten Full Break from some event recently I'm forgetting. I'm going to aim for Valefor R2/R3 next orb fest.

I rolled 25 mythril and got nothing sadly.

Also I have been concerned with not having AoE heal, and I forgot I had Y'shtola's robe for months so I'm leveling her to 65 now.

greyshark

Nightmare mastered - I tried to hold back but ended up reading about the mechanics on Reddit anyway. Knowing how the boss works really takes out the challenge - I may run it again without Shout to see how I do, but I do feel that Hastega is basically mandatory for this fight.

B.K.

Just beat Demon Wall fairly easily, but I was too slow in the first phase and it got off a Gravija. I'm glad these things only cost 1 stamina. I need to do the Ultima Nightmare dungeon sometime this week too. I didn't get around to it last time because of the orbfest.

Rufus & Hojo mastered. Both went down on the first try, but they weren't kidding when they said Rufus loves to spam Mako Cannon. Must of used it near 10 times when I fought him.

Well, this FF7 event has been sort of good to me. Since I had a lot more mythril than expected on my way to 500 I decided to do one FFVII draw and it rewarded me with a Pinwheel. Not the best thing I could get, but I'll take it after getting jack squat for so long.
Also finally able to unlock Zack after having his Buster Sword (with Rush Assault) for months. Current team composition:

http://imgur.com/ohF4foo

Abilities set as such due to me just fighting Nightmare Phantom Train.

Main hitters (Zack, Auron and Fang) are alright, though Zack is a bit lacking as Rush Assault is meh at best. Don't know if I want to try to draw Apocalypse.
Agrias is there despite not having her specific Weapon due to the fact she can hit well and also use Curaja and other healing spells (don't have a dedicated WHM).
Yuffie is there because she is the best of the rest.

Thinking about replacing her with Reno. Just beat Jenova for his Memory Core II, which is my first one and I have his specific weapon from months before as well (Turk Light). Is he alright in that department?

Also, would really like to grab Zack's Memory Core II before the event ends but will have to pull it together for some heavy leveling and reorganizing as Reno/Rude/Elena fight is making me bleed.

Wazzy

Banned
Rufus & Hojo mastered. Both went down on the first try, but they weren't kidding when they said Rufus loves to spam Mako Cannon. Must of used it near 10 times when I fought him.
Just finished mastering these as well! Rufus was super annoying.

Now to quickly finish Demon Wall and I'm ready to go for the XII event.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
So, after all the recent pulls I've done I have the following physical multi-hit SBs. Looking for quick advice as to which ones are the best to use with Shout meta if anyone can help. (Or if there's some sort of list ranking physical SBs I can glance at, that'd be cool.)

Seph's Black Materia (I assume the best overall but Seph's limited equip pool means hardly any realms with weapon synergy)
Agrias's Hallowed Bolt (I assume the best for multi-boss battles)
Tyro's Last Judgment Grimoire
Zack's Rush Attack
Josef's Avalanche (raises team's attack but I couldn't find by how much and if it overwrites Shout)
Edgar's Drill
Fang's Pulsar Burst

Grzi

Just finished the Combat Nightmare dungeon since I had to use every second of the EXP Daily. Decided to do the Demon Wall fight without a Wall (lol) and it was pretty fun. Edgar's Drill helped a lot with the defense buff, Beatrix was my healer, plus I have her SB (STQ was great for healing as well because of the MND boost), so she Lifesiphoned as well.

Cloud with his BSB was my main attacker of course. Him and Edgar opened the fight with their Soul Breaks. I'll probably try some more setups later, enjoying these Nightmare dungeons a lot. Can't wait for the next one.

Also, I really should make another Saint Cross. It's a great attack and I have three knights with SBs.

ccbfan

Got Firion SSB from Lucky Draw.

Which is better for shout teams?

Seph with SSB

or

Firion with SSB

One thing to note. I also have shadow's SSB and Seph conflicts with Shadow for RS. And considering Shadow is godly in shout meta, Shadow has all the priority,

Pejo

Did the lucky draw and got 3 5*, not bad!

-Dupe Squall SSB
-Auron's Dragon Fang
-One Winged Angel - Man if it was mid-late 2015 I'd be so happy about this one.

Either way, it's nice to get some katanas, but VII and X are probably two of my strongest synergy realms. I would have loved to get some II/III gear. Can't complain about getting 3 5* relics at any rate.

Kaiterra

Banned
I got a second Shear Trigger off the Lucky Draw. If I'm gonna draw yet another FF8 sword that isn't an SSB, then I'm glad it was at least one I could combine. Between that, Betrayal Sword and Hyperion I think I'm set for FF8 swords.

-

The medal changes are for real, damn. Y'shtola died shortly after I took down Dark Nation and repeated Mako Cannon assaults from Rufus reduced everyone else in my party but Bartz (who was spamming Drain Strike) down to an inch away from death and I still pulled off a full medal clear.

Done with the u+ and nightmare boss. A few sls but not terrible. Did have to drop,out and bring a tauntaliator back for hojo, but whatever I guess. Need to break one to get to level 80, have an old Auron sb, nothing for Gilgamesh, so undecided on which at this point-was going to use the new mc2 on aerith or vanille as I have a sb for each.

Looking forward to a 50 pull tonight, I would take any of the character sbs on the board.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Did the Lucky Draw, and ended up with the following two 5*'s:

Zack's Glove
Lightning's SB armor (en-lightning)

I was actually pretty happy with the armor, because I also have her SSB, so the two should play off one another fairly well! I also have an excuse to use Zack now, which is nice I suppose.

I was happier with getting Strago's relic in the FFVI event, because he was hitting things like a truck in that event, and I badly needed FFVI magic synergy!

For the Nightmare dungeons, I actually found the 100 and 110 strangely trickier than the 120 and 130 (the 130 I trucked through with all my FF7 relics and synergy).

How difficult is the Nightmare compared to the 130 fight?

Valus

En-thunder kind of sucks from what I've seen. It only gives her thunder element in her basic attack. Things like barrage, tempo flurry, double strike, etc do not get amplified. Was pretty disappointing.

Grzi

Oh yeah, the Motor Ball in the Nightmare Dungeon dropped a Major Power Orb for me, so if you've got a bunch of stamina to spare you might wanna try farming that.

rsniper59

Neo Member
En-thunder kind of sucks from what I've seen. It only gives her thunder element in her basic attack. Things like barrage, tempo flurry, double strike, etc do not get amplified. Was pretty disappointing.

Ugh, that's a shame! I thought it would amplify her attacks to hit like a truck.

LucaMac

Got Agrias' Defender on the lucky draw...very unexpected. I've done ridiculously well since SSBfest. Had no Trinity at all after playing since launch until that point. Made off with all three since with a few to spare. Shout from Tactics after doing 6 single pulls, Lockes SSB from Relm one and now this? I think I'm set in general and I'm a completely free player bar three 100 gem pulls when they started and nobody was sure if they were going to keep going.

All I can say to those frustrated with pulls is persevere and eventually it may work out for you...it only took me a full year.

Dragner

I basically want something from that banner, The bow will be nice for Bartz, the Gun for lightning and the shield to pair with my excalibur for sweet saint cross action. Even Penelo heal would be decent.

c-murph

One more mythril until I can get lucky~!

Edit: Zack's Gloves. I'm okay with this. I combined with my other pair to make a 6* weapon.

elty

For whatever reason I thought there are two dark nation and went in with Lightening SSB instead of Cloud BSSB.

Cleansing Strike + SG + Power Breakdown + Full break + protectga = mako cannon hit for 500.

Noi

...Hah.

Almost a year ago, I decided to take a break from FFRK due to a frustratingly long dry spell where, outside of defensive generic 5* relics (first three 5* relics were Genji Armor, Helmet and the VI Robe), my only SB gear of note was the Giant's Glove and Lenna's Healing Staff. I even skipped the first Squall event entirely out of apathy, and chose to bank everything on a single x11 pull on the OWA banner. I didn't care about OWA itself, more so getting a single unique weapon SB, which I was so desperate for.

I was waiting on the XII event to do the combat Lucky Draw on the minimal chance that it'd have the new XII relics added to it. I go ahead to do the pull and...

It's almost poetic, really. I'll consider it a delivery that got delayed for over a year.

Kaiterra

Banned
Ugh, another 0/11 pull. I've done a bunch of those recently. It's pretty frustrating. I actually got 7 4* items and they're all just going to be sold because I already have full combined versions heh.

Got my revenge for the Lucky Draw and snagged Basch's Platinum Shield. While Balthier's new handcannon is probably the best relic in this batch, the shield is the one I personally desired the most. This marks the second time in the history of FFRK that I've gotten the relic I wanted most.

elty

Forgot to refresh my SG and 3 people died and 2 has like 10% HP left on Hojo.

Managed to champion by losing only 1 action, 1 damage and 1 KO medal. Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom