• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Look on the bright side: the next WHM abyss boss is everyone's favorite FFV encounter, Soul Cannon.

Actually, I'm not sure how that will make anyone feel better.

Dragner

Look on the bright side: the next WHM abyss boss is everyone's favorite FFV encounter, Soul Cannon.

Actually, I'm not sure how that will make anyone feel better.

Next whm abyss is also way way easier than this one, you dont even need good hones for that one. Is all a gimmicky fight where you have to make the boss suicide.

ZangBa

If I had a native Wall or Haste it wouldn't be a problem. I'm just going to play Overwatch in 10 minutes and do it later with a different RW.

Balphon

Next whm abyss is also way way easier than this one, you dont even need good hones for that one. Is all a gimmicky fight where you have to make the boss suicide.

Yeah, it looks that way. I just have a creeping dread of Soul Cannon from Four Job Fiesta runs.

WarAdept

If I had a native Wall or Haste it wouldn't be a problem. I'm just going to play Overwatch in 10 minutes and do it later with a different RW.

Oh shit, Overwatch is out? How am I supposed to play all these games. Damn you May.

I'm still working on the III Event.

My 100 gems pull gave me Beatrix's Thunder Gloves, bringing me to 6/100 for 5* on 100 gems pull. I wish that I could pull a 100 gems Beatrix relic on Banner 2, that would actually be very great! Still, Thunder Gloves have like 47 Attack in IX, the minor lightning resist will be appreciated and it's better than no SB at all on a fun Knight getting her MC2 in this event!

Now I just tell myself that I got it on my Lucky Draw yesterday and my 100 gems today was a crappy 3* instead of being 0/11 on yesterday's draw!

Tidd

FF IX event hype! Since it's my favorite FF I did a 50 mythril pull. Hoped to get either Kuja's or Zidane's SSB (yeah I know everyone will tell me Banner 2 is better, I don't care.) and expected a 0/11.

Result:
hpdzkNN.jpg

DAT off-banner FFXIV bow. <.< But I got Zidane's dagger so I'm pretty happy about this pull. I think I should get another 50 mythril before the end of the event to do a pull on banner 2. (where I will get a dupe of Garnet's SSB rod because that's how things work.) After that I will save everything for the BSSB fest.

My 100 gems pull gave me Beatrix's Thunder Gloves, bringing me to 6/100 for 5* on 100 gems pull. I wish that I could pull a 100 gems Beatrix relic on Banner 2, that would actually be very great! Still, Thunder Gloves have like 47 Attack in IX, the minor lightning resist will be appreciated and it's better than no SB at all on a fun Knight getting her MC2 in this event!

Now I just tell myself that I got it on my Lucky Draw yesterday and my 100 gems today was a crappy 3* instead of being 0/11 on yesterday's draw!

Congrats! I believe I only got a 5* relic once and that was Wakka's SSB on some FF X banner.

WarAdept

DAT off-banner FFXIV bow. <.< But I got Zidane's dagger so I'm pretty happy about this pull. I think I should get another 50 mythril before the end of the event to do a pull on banner 2. (where I will get a dupe of Garnet's SSB rod because that's how thinks work.) After that I will save everything for the BSSB fest.

Nice pull. I'm happy that Zidane is double broken now since I can use him as my main Thief for Thief's Revenge shenanigans. I also have his SSB which is a much appreciated attack boost on already the highest attack Thief in the game. The actual SSB is ass though, due to conflicting with Shout (as well as his previous SB, seriously wtf.)

100 gem got me some gil again.

My gems pull gave me a duplicate Cypress Pole.
I got the same w/ my 100 gems. Not a dupe like yours, but it should be a nice FFIX stat stick to replace Vivi's Oak Staff. Doublecast Comet should go nicely when facing enemies that Doublecast Venom wouldn't work on (although, magic SBs that don't hit weaknesses aren't usually all that strong, so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯ ).

I may end up combining Garnet's 2 SSB Wizard Rods now that I have them + both of Vivi's SB rods. Unsure atm.

I compiled this for the upcoming Kuja U+:

Lightning resist accessories:

Gigas Armlet (II) - Moderate lightning resistance
Necrophobe Ward (V) - Moderate lightning resistance
Bolt Ring (VII) - Moderate lightning resistance - ATK +10
Coral Ring (IX) - Moderate lightning resistance - Synergy ATK +23
Bolt Armlet (6* from Nightmare) - Major lightning resistance

Armors:

Thunder Gloves (IX) - Minor lightning resistance - Synergy ATK +47 RES +141
Luminous Robe (IV) - Minor lightning resistance
Gold Hairpin (IV) - Minor lightning resistance
Diamond Shield (V) - Minor lightning resistance (It's a 3 stars relic)
Diamond Armor (V) - Minor lightning resistance
Feral Pride (XIII) - Minor lightning resistance

Holy crap I'm exstatic.

Got nothing on the 11 draw then got Punisher on the 100 gems. Kuja hype!!! Finally FFRK, you're being good to me. Took you long enough.

Coral Ring (IX) - Moderate lightning resistance - Synergy +23

Armors:

Handy info thanks! I've been looking forward to this event for some time due to the introduction of Dark Zone and MM! Banner 2 is mighty tempting but for now my will is strong...

Handy info thanks! I've been looking forward to this event for some time due to the introduction of Dark Zone and MM! Banner 2 is mighty tempting but for now my will is strong...

Np! I corrected my post by adding ATK to the Coral Ring. I am very happy that I will be able to boost attack while getting lightning resistance on at least 2 of my accessories. My synergy in IX is almost nonexistent!

Balphon

Coral Ring (IX) - Moderate lightning resistance - Synergy ATK +23

Armors:

FFIV Gold Hairpin has lightning res too. Seems like one of the more common ones (resistances, that is).

Looking at kuja+, seems I'm pretty good with the Lightning resist equips:
Diamond armor V
Feral pride light armor xiii
Thunder gloves bracer ix

And that's just the 5* equips, I probably have some 3++ kicking around buried in the inventory.
Do these resists stack with the accessories or does it just go by the higher protection?

Looking at kuja+, seems I'm pretty good with the Lightning resist equips:
Diamond armor V
Feral pride light armor xiii
Thunder gloves bracer ix

And that's just the 5* equips, I probably have some 3++ kicking around buried in the inventory.
Do these resists stack with the accessories or does it just go by the higher protection?

According to Enlir on Reddit: "It's important to note that multiple instances of elemental resistance from equipment don't stack. You only get the best value chosen between your armor and your accessory."

In case anyone wanted to know, you don't have to master the nightmare Gatekeepers to unlock the final nightmare. Merely completing them is enough.

Yeah I messed up against Tiamat. Didn't bring protectga to a physical heavy boss...also decided to bring banishing strike on gilgamesh rather than draw fire...it resists holy...

At least FFIII Levithan was fairly smooth sailing even if a bit scary when Divine guardian and shout both worse off at the same time...but at least it is practice for Bahamut I guess though looking at the stats I'm liable to running out of abilities.

Pejo

I got Thunder Gloves for Beatrix and Aurora Staff for Aerith on the Lucky Draw. Was really hoping for Rosa's bow (for Cecil, the only healer I actually take into battle). Then got Vivi's Doublecast Decay thing on the 100 gem for the Kuja event.

I have never even heard of either of the 2 relics I pulled on lucky banner, and they seem pretty bad at a glance, but hey, FF9 synergy armor is good.

Man FFIII events are always tough for me. I haven't tried Odin yet, but the 2 previous bosses hit like a damn truck, even through SG. I have nearly 0 synergy for the III realm.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I pulled Lunar Auspice for Fusoya with my nightmare draw (I'm never getting a wall T_T); does anyone know how much the magic boost from it is?

Brandson

Experted Evrae Nightmare because he was too quick with the nightmare poison breath in the 3rd form. I'm not suffering through that again to attempt mastery. Here's a tip then for mastery: put Esuna on someone who you can spare to do nothing but cast Esuna on Evrae on the third form. Don't even try to have that person perform any other actions on 3rd form.

Got Crescent Wish and Guard Stick for the lucky relic draw. Alright, got a better burst healer with Selphie. I still have Save the Queen from a while back. Well, hello Beatrix!

Kuja's new ssb weapon is nice. Contemplating if I should pull or not haha? Hmmm, would rather pull for the BSB event in a few weeks though.

At least FFIII Levithan was fairly smooth sailing even if a bit scary when Divine guardian and shout both worse off at the same time...but at least it is practice for Bahamut I guess though looking at the stats I'm liable to running out of abilities.
Forget abilities...I just simply can not survive after the first mega flare. I'm convinced that if you lack native wall or shout it simply isn't possible. Hits too fucking hard to not bring wall, is too tanky to not bring shout. At least it only cost 1 stamina to try...

edit: Of course some synergy would go a long way but I'm not sure it would be long enough due the softcap.

WarAdept

The amount of Crescent Wish pulled here and on Reddit is high! I am really curious to see the data collected for this banner.

Really good for those who don't have much VIII synergy for the upcoming Cid Missions. Wish I pulled that or Red Scorpion way back when, but RNG gonna RNG.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for them. I have a thing for using as much synergy as possible during events, but Ultimate+ pretty much mandates a native Hastega or Wall, so Tyro is in every kill I do.

Anustart

Second kuja fight...

So much HP. I run out of abilities well before I kill him. Will probably have to wait until after next XP day.

B.K.

Orb Rush this weekend! Also, the next update is on June 2 and in celebration of the XI dungeons and Record Keeper finally having all 14 mainline games, they are giving away more free mythril. We are going to get up to 14 mythrils through log ins.

WarAdept

Orb Rush this weekend! Also, the next update is on June 2 and in celebration of the XI dungeons and Record Keeper finally having all 14 mainline games, they are giving away more free mythril. We are going to get up to 14 mythrils through log ins.

Oh really? Which orbs? Damn I'm never going to get around to the White Mage Abyss at this rate.

SoulUnison

Banned
Are we finally getting XI dungeons?
Why did it take so long, anyway?

It always seemed kind of glaring that there's no XI content in Global, especially when XIV is sitting right there and has one of the most sought-after SBs in the game so far.

XIV is a current MMO so I think it was good promotion to get it pushed into as many crossover games as possible. Heck, it even convinced me to trial it for 30 days (but I didn't play beyond level 10).

Greg event starts on the 1st of July, Braska most probably on the 20th of June; I think we can infer that BSBfest will then take place around the 27th, exactly as speculated

Around the 27th of June is when I'm away for like 3 weeks with no access to the game :(

In other news Ashe and Terra have had a debuff. They can no longer use summons...it'll be back for the summon nightmare...hopefully.

Also we have a new ability:
7l5fvGj.png

Mement Mori (maybe there is hope for mind break after all)
the game has two name parameters and the one used in battle wrong

WarAdept

There's still no way to brute force 60fps on this game is there.

Dammit, those fleeting 1/100 moments of Ultimate+ battles in sweet 60FPS. Then you get RNG'd hardcore and have to S/L to 30FPS.

EDIT: OH MY GOD. 100 FRIENDS.

W2oJ94v.png

WTF:
z6pSOCel.jpg

They've gone and deleted Stilshrine of Miriam, Part 1 so people who have not completed it can't unlock Vallis Media(Classic) or anything that comes after that.

I guess they had to make up for something as Terra and Ashe can now summon again (without an apology Mythril given).

That beautiful, no-cost Reload button.
Fabul Castle will have to find a new source of income.

WarAdept

Wouldn't the first stage of whatever event is going on be better? 3 rounds for 2 STA vs 1 round for 1 STA?

Yeah I'd suggest that as well for anyone absolutely desperate to get a RM. Especially if it's something like Garnets RM2, which only drops in IX dungeons.

Most of my remaining RM drops are from just doing dailies anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom