• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't shy away from spending more than a single Mythril to beat an Ultimate or Ultimate+ if you feel you are close to being able to beat something and need a tiny boost or two. I think most seasoned players are comfortable spending lots of Mythril on refreshes during Orb Festivals and I'm sure the returns are far less (just counting orbs).

Yea I spent so many Mythrils on refresh during Orb Fests since day 1 that 1 or 2 Mythrils to Master a Ultimate would be nothing. It's more of a personal in-game sense of accomplishment thing for me to beat it "on my own". My luck on IX banners has been abysmal, same for Fest banners featuring IX relics or getting IX relics from a Lucky Draw.

Anustart

Is that white mage thing going on? Wondering if I will even be able to see it since I haven't unlocked nightmare place, and won't be able to for some time.

Is that white mage thing going on? Wondering if I will even be able to see it since I haven't unlocked nightmare place, and won't be able to for some time.

Yea it's up now! Good luck to everyone pulling! Here I got no 5* as expected... I am getting very tired of that kind of shit pulls I too often get... Now the usual bunch of great pulls incoming!

Edit: Yep!

Good luck all. Just done mine, fairly average lucky draws in the past, I scored this time though:

NpR0IH7l.jpg

Czarcasm

So, pulled on the White Banner, got Crescent Wish and Last Judgement Grimoire.

This is good, more VIII Synergy, which I lack and slightly more ATK for Tyro, so hopefully when I get SG, I can do even more damage with my team.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got Planet Protector... which I guess is pointless with Shout. lol

Oh well, I'm not sure if there were any white mage relics I needed anyway.

Balphon

With that draw I'm now up to 9 different characters with AoE heals.

Drew Porom's staff too so I finally have a second source of haste.

Wazzy

Banned
YESSSSS I got Selphie's Crescent Wish! I've been kind of slow playing due to having other games occupying my time but Hours gave me heads up that the lucky draw was going on.

Kouriozan

Welp, no medica for me, still only have one so far.

KzMHy6bl.jpg

At least I got Yuna SSB and the second wall, it's not like I needed it since I already own SG.

YESSSSS I got Selphie's Crescent Wish! I've been kind of slow playing due to having other games occupying my time but Hours gave me heads up that the lucky draw was going on.

You are statistically impossible, grats for always getting what you want! Must feel good (not hating)!

MrDaravon

I'm 0 for whatever on Nightmare lucky pulls now (33?). I got 6 4*'s on this one which is actually hilarious, but 4 of them were garbage and all but one of them I already had at least one 4++ of if not two.

We need the guaranteed 5* per 11 pull ASAP, this shit is why I just burn mythril on orbfest etc refreshes now, been burned way too consistently for way too long. At this point all I'm doing with the game is focusing on leveling up everyone, I haven't even been bothering with all of the Ultimate and Ultimate + battles lately, the RNG on getting actually useful relics has just finally crushed me.

Anustart

Super glad I pulled. I had no offensive soul breaks really. No good ones anyway. And the one I did get will work great in next event. Hopeful Beatrix crystal will be in it.

Then Rosa giving everyone shell and protect is baller. Free up some spell slots.

Anustart likes this pull.

Kyari

Day 1 player with no native medicas:

GgQDkEY.png

Also made a joke in the week running up to this about how it would be funny to get Healing Grimoire (since I have like 4 Grimoires...)

I'm 0 for whatever on Nightmare lucky pulls now (33?). I got 6 4*'s on this one which is actually hilarious, but 4 of them were garbage and all but one of them I already had at least one 4++ of if not two.

We need the guaranteed 5* per 11 pull ASAP, this shit is why I just burn mythril on orbfest etc refreshes now, been burned way too consistently for way too long. At this point all I'm doing with the game is focusing on leveling up everyone, I haven't even been bothering with all of the Ultimate and Ultimate + battles lately, the RNG on getting actually useful relics has just finally crushed me.

I feel like not pulling at all anymore and wait 5 months and a half before pulling again, hoping for the guaranteed 5*. I could use an occasional Mythril revive when needed for U+ or U++. I am getting really burned on bad RNG. My Lucky Draws stats are way under normal with many 0/11, I am about to be 5/100 on getting a 5* with 100 gems pull, SSB fest banner 5 and FFT were a combined 0/55... I come to "dread" (not taking the game that seriously but you get the point) good banners and Lucky Draws because I get fuck all so often, making me sad/annoyed toward the game. I seem to enjoy myself the most when there's a few banners in a row where I know I am not really interested in pulling. Pulling should be something exciting but when you are more unlucky than most, it's just mostly an unpleasant experience.

Finally got something after five consecutive Unlucky Draws... Two somethings, even. A second Lullaby Rod (Yuna) and then a new Sage's Staff (Lenna, group Cura and Regen--same as Lullaby Rod).

Falk

that puzzling face
Tyro's Cyclone Grimoire - whcih has about a 0% chance of ever being cast considering wall, etc.

Soooooooooooooo, Buster Sword from combat lucky draw, Cyclone Grimoire from WHM lucky draw.

It's like the game saying "ha ha you know that guaranteed 5* feature? well this is what to expect"

:(

Tyro's Cyclone Grimoire - whcih has about a 0% chance of ever being cast considering wall, etc.

Soooooooooooooo, Buster Sword from combat lucky draw, Cyclone Grimoire from WHM lucky draw.

It's like the game saying "ha ha you know that guaranteed 5* feature? well this is what to expect"

:(

I thought about exactly this after writing about not pulling until guaranteed 5*. The game will find a way!

Xetherion

Got two new medicas from Lucky Draw: Penelo's Judicer Staff and Relm's Chocobo Brush. Both are upgrades for me as the only medicas i had before were Aerith's and Selphie's first plain party Cura ones, but Judicer Staff's ATK boost is bad for Shout meta. And while Relm's is awesome, Relm is the one FF character i actively dislike and don't want in my party... damn it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man... you really need like 4 fully honed Diagas for this fight don't you? I don't know how you are supposed to have enough to all three phases of this fight.

Wazzy

Banned
How's the nightmare fight? I'm gonna give it a shot soon.
You are statistically impossible, grats for always getting what you want! Must feel good (not hating)!
Haha don't worry even I think it's crazy I pulled it. I really do feel like they know I love VIII because pulling only a VIII weapon that I don't have is pretty funny. Also thanks!
❤️👸

All thanks to you <3\

I got Wyrmfang and Lullaby Rod. The latter is especially welcome since I have no dedicated WHM at all so not only is anything an upgrade but Hymn of the Faith is also solid SB on its own.

Can finally ditch Agrias after she has been my healing spells girl with a sword and go for Yuna. She's getting all of them growth eggs and blank crystals.

My white magic luck draw:
Power Staff V x2 (Lenna SB Flames of War)
White Robe II (Minwu SB teleport XVI)
Second lucky draw in a row that has given me FFII stuff. Minwu's robe is interesting. It does AoE non-elemental white magic damage, in other words it doesn't cause you to lose medals in the white nightmare...it probably won't be doing a lot of damage either though and I've capped minwu so who knows when I'll master it...

Flames of war is neat but not sure it'll get much use. If there is a physical heavy boss I could bring it as hastega and RW a wall (against these recent magic heavy bosses I've been using divine guardian as a hastega and stacking shellga to make it a wall then RW shout for damage) so nice to have more options.

Congrats all on the draws!
How's the nightmare fight? I'm gonna give it a shot soon.
i think i will try it tomorrow - making use of the double Greens and EXP Sunday! Is it worth picking up the empty MC2 lodes from the exchange or will we get enough for free later? I only have Hope left to double break.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This nightmare is... a nightmare.

You really need high honed Diagas or some kind of Holy based AOE attack.

I guess the Vanille BSSB saves this as well with the free ability refreshes though.

Got Vanille's BSB, the heal/ability refresh thing, and the gloves for Beatrix that give her a multi-hit attack and DEF up.

I've not tackled the big boss yet, but I've done the four bosses prior now and they were a relative breeze. I've got a bunch of relatively strong WHMs and a bunch of relics for them, so I feel like I should be able to smash this. Gonna do some grinding on the daily for EXP and greens for now though.

I wouldn't shy away from spending more than a single Mythril to beat an Ultimate or Ultimate+ if you feel you are close to being able to beat something and need a tiny boost or two. I think most seasoned players are comfortable spending lots of Mythril on refreshes during Orb Festivals and I'm sure the returns are far less (just counting orbs).

Incidentally, the way I see this is this: what's better, spending 2-3 mythril on refreshes on a realm you have bad synergy on to get an ultimate out of the way & ensure you're up to date on crystals, or spending 15-50 mythril in hoping to increase your synergy on the realm in order to beat the boss naturally? I saw a lot of people doing 50 pulls on the FF3 banner last week, for instance, and FF3 synergy just has so much less utility across the board it blows my mind people did it - I'd rather go in with reduced synergy and pop a few mythril to get the boost I need than spend 50 and potentially not get anything that'd help.

Falk

that puzzling face
I had

Diara 12
Diaga 10
Curaga 12
Curaja 12
Curaise 10 (lol)

and I did it just fine.

On the flipside my first attempt included a Beatrix with my strongest STR weapon and Saint Cross and Banish Strike and I was patting myself on the back for coming up with such a genius strategy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had

Diara 12
Diaga 10
Curaga 12
Curaja 12
Curaise 10 (lol)

and I did it just fine.

On the flipside my first attempt included a Beatrix with my strongest STR weapon and Saint Cross and Banish Strike and I was patting myself on the back for coming up with such a genius strategy.

I don't have Curaise, but I don't get how you can take down the lenses and still have enough for phase 3. Maybe my white mages just suck, because my Diaras hit for like 5-7k and that's just not enough damage?
I even tried bringing that Swift Bolt attack to try to get some AOE damage and that didn't help much at all.

I was basically bringing 2 Diaras, a Diaga, a Curaga, a Curaja, and Swift Bolt. With the rest for mitigation and the debuff on the boss. And I always run out at phase 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom