• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I feel like not pulling at all anymore and wait 5 months and a half before pulling again, hoping for the guaranteed 5*. I could use an occasional Mythril revive when needed for U+ or U++. I am getting really burned on bad RNG. My Lucky Draws stats are way under normal with many 0/11, I am about to be 5/100 on getting a 5* with 100 gems pull, SSB fest banner 5 and FFT were a combined 0/55... I come to "dread" (not taking the game that seriously but you get the point) good banners and Lucky Draws because I get fuck all so often, making me sad/annoyed toward the game. I seem to enjoy myself the most when there's a few banners in a row where I know I am not really interested in pulling. Pulling should be something exciting but when you are more unlucky than most, it's just mostly an unpleasant experience.

Yeah, I stopped pulling on banners ~2 months ago outside of 100 gem pulls and Lucky Draws. Mostly saving for refreshes on whatever the next orbfest is, not even looking at or concerned about what banners are on it. I haven't even bothered doing a single Nightmare dungeon either, while I could probably do some/all of them I'm so burned on trying to get good relics/relics I want along with a native Trinity that I just honestly don't even care right now. I'll get around to them eventually, if not whatever. I can easily get all of the characters/crystals from events as they pop up which is all I'm concerned about at this point.

I got a Cat-Ear Hood and SIX 4★, sadly only one of which was new (and the others were not needed for combines, yeeesh).

I can't complain though, I already have enough good white mage relics and I probably could build up another Wing Sword for the next Final Fantasy II event (in 2018, heh).

hesho

hmmm.. got a 2nd morning star for selphie along with keepsake ribbon and full metal rod for yuna...

morning star is a dupe though... not sure if i want to combine or use it as a rosetta stone..

Mastered Nightmare first shot, I even got 2 characters silenced(one with Esuna haha) and 1 stoned at some point:

Curaja 10
Shellga 4

Swift Bolt 8
Fire Veil 10

Diaga 10
Curaga 12

Diara 10
Esuna 8

Diara 12
Faith 8

RW: Divine Guardian

1 character Medica and one shared Medica. Yuna with 2 Sending SB ready when mirrors popped was delightful. I only had to create and hone a new Diara and I honed Diaga once. I had a few charge of everything left at the end. Even if I did not spend too much orbs, I overdid it I think.

What RM did you have on Yuna? Also is Sending MND based? I have Sending as well and will probably use it when I do the nightmare.

Mako Might/Mog's Teachings and yes, MND based! I gave her Diaga, was already doing 9999 dmg without any boosting RM. Sending was also 9999 on everyone. The SB gauge filled just fast enough by hitting a weakness with Diaga and being hit on the first phase. First phase goes down very quickly so I wanted to make sure I would have at least 1 SB gauge ready but I managed to get another one right as I used the first Sending.

2 Sending in a row takes about 70% off all mirrors HP. I combined that with Tyro fully equipped with MAG and Ninja Scrolls for quick AoE cast without being penalized in medals. Together they took them down very quickly. Should have been way quicker but I miscalculated DMG and did something else with Tyro instead of a Swift bolt (would have killed all mirrors before the 3rd mirror attack, they had like 1000 hp left), causing me to get Stoned and Silenced but I still managed.

Dragner

I got vanille medica...meh. My gf got Lenna HoTF clone and Exdeath runic so pretty good.

I will try the abyss tomorrow. Never skip leg day...I mean exp day.

B.K.

I did the lucky draw a while ago. I got Porom's staff. I guess I should be glad I got any 5*, but Curaga and Hastega doesn't really seem like a very useful combination. I always take Shout along as a RW for Hastega. I don't think I'll be replacing Relm with her Curaga and high Regen any time soon.

Anustart

Finally getting places. I've only ever done the heroic dailies. But today being exp day, decided to give the + and ++ a try. Relatively easy and boy does it level quickly.

Getting beatrix primed for the coming event, she's at 59 now, and swapped Rosa in as well since I got that decent soul break for her yesterday. Still holding on to my soul of a hero for the fest thats coming in case I get something great.

After exp day I'll get back to grinding out mythril. Back to 89 after using 25 on yesterday's pull. Hoping for 300 for the event next month.

I did the lucky draw a while ago. I got Porom's staff. I guess I should be glad I got any 5*, but Curaga and Hastega doesn't really seem like a very useful combination. I always take Shout along as a RW for Hastega. I don't think I'll be replacing Relm with her Curaga and high Regen any time soon.

I've run porom as a white Mage healer and another medica user as a summoner over in high level Jp story dungeons. Makes things really simple both by having great aoe heals as well as being under haste continuously without havi to time it perfectly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's your levels/gear like?

edit: wait, debuff?
Esuna and Dispel taking up two slots, then Shellga/Protectga taking two.

Maybe I just can't tackle it at the moment?
loTcOjq.png
m3kytOV.png

Balphon

I got vanille medica...meh. My gf got Lenna HoTF clone and Exdeath runic so pretty good.

I will try the abyss tomorrow. Never skip leg day...I mean exp day.

I occasionally bring her as a BLM and use it as a free Protectga.

Unless you mean the other one, which is slightly less useful despite being a SSB. Could be good for a really long fight where you need the refresh (e.g. this Nightmare).

greyshark

Very similar to my setup - I had Haste instead of a second copy of Diara. Since I was RW'ing my Hastega I wanted to make sure my Esuna caster was hasted during Phase 3 to prevent Nightmare Poison.

With my setup, Wall+Shellga dropped his Photon burst to about 400 per attack. If I added RES up from Garnet (didn't always come up in my list), damage dropped to 200. Wasnt too bad as long as I kept mitigation up - having natural wall made things a lot more relaxing.

WarAdept

The fates smile upon me for once. 2 fantastic medicas on a great/okay White Mage. Fantastic for Cid Missions, since I didn't have anything for the healers of those realms and will come in handy for this White Mage Abyss when I get around to it.
I wish Mog was 5* White, because Mog > Relm.

erx73Ul.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Very similar to my setup - I had Haste instead of a second copy of Diara. Since I was RW'ing my Hastega I wanted to make sure my Esuna caster was hasted during Phase 3 to prevent Nightmare Poison.

With my setup, Wall+Shellga dropped his Photon burst to about 400 per attack. If I added RES up from Garnet (didn't always come up in my list), damage dropped to 200. Wasnt too bad as long as I kept mitigation up - having natural wall made things a lot more relaxing.
Is my problem just not having enough hones or my white mages being too weak? My problem is just taking out all the lenses requiring all my diara/ga uses.

I should be happy whenever I see a pot during a daily. However, on a Double Green Sunday, a pot only means that you get 0 chance instead of 2 at getting greens and the best you can get is a Greater Egg... It's weird to be disappointed seeing a Magic Pot, they should at least have a chance to drop a Major Egg.

I should be happy whenever I see a pot during a daily. However, on a Double Green Sunday, a pot only means that you get 0 chance instead of 2 at getting greens and the best you can get is a Greater Egg... It's weird to be disappointed seeing a Magic Pot, they should at least have a chance to drop a Major Egg.

I know it's all rng, but I swear the game always gives me multiple pots on sunday and maybe 1 any other day if I'm lucky

greyshark

Is my problem just not having enough hones or my white mages being too weak? My problem is just taking out all the lenses requiring all my diara/ga uses.

I had Curaga honed to R5 - I also had Yuna's SB AoE Holy which really helped with the lenses. I also didn't bother attacking the add in Phase 3 to conserve abilities. My mages had about the same strength as you.

ZangBa

Saving the nightmare for tomorrow when double green dailies are over. I have 4 AoE heals, how legitmate will using raise here be for me?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You could use ninja magic Tyro or bring Raise and time your heals.
Hrm... so explode each one and then heal after? I might have to try that if I can't figure it out otherwise.

I had Curaga honed to R5 - I also had Yuna's SB AoE Holy which really helped with the lenses. I also didn't bother attacking the add in Phase 3 to conserve abilities. My mages had about the same strength as you.
I don't have her AoE holy... I was hoping to bring Beatrix but obviously that wasn't going to work.

MrDaravon

With a bit of grinding today I finally have all non-core characters at 65 awwwwwww yeah

Also pretty close to finally grinding out all the RM's, outside of 5 I can't get right now (missing 5 MC2's) I'm down to 12, 3 are dungeon condition specific ones (ex Kain) and 9 can drop in any realm. Hoping by the end of this week to get all the RM's and finally go clear out all of the dungeons added in the last update. Heard a few of the Elites that got added were super rough though >_>

Falk

that puzzling face

Feels like that should be doable but here's some stuff that should help push out more damage:

- Aerith's RM to Attunement II or some such
- Start levelling your 65s
- Do you not have any 4++ MND staff to replace Sent Grimoire? Feels like that's a little underpowered in terms of stats. Also what's with the STR gear on him?
- Hone your heals. If you're running dry 2 extra casts should solve a lot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Feels like that should be doable but here's some stuff that should help push out more damage:

- Aerith's RM to Attunement II or some such
- Start levelling your 65s
- Do you not have any 4++ MND staff to replace Sent Grimoire? Feels like that's a little underpowered in terms of stats. Also what's with the STR gear on him?
- Hone your heals. If you're running dry 2 extra casts should solve a lot.

I actually just auto optimized. lol
Ninja Skills scale to MAG right? I updated a little latter to try that strat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it was hones that was my problem. Blew all my white/wind orbs and maxed out everything... which I guess, hey, why horde them otherwise. Too bad the Dia spells aren't really that useful otherwise.

Kain

Been on holidays and still am but I'll report my adventures xD

Couldn't defeat Geryon but got Rydia's whip so now if I use divine guardian as a RW I have wall plus haste, plus regen plus aoe damage! On paper it sounds good.

Mastered Leviathan with zero III synergy thanks to reflect on the boss and some S/L, but I'm not touching Bahamut cause still on vacation and I don't need the trouble lol

The lucky draw was shit as expected as I got one 5* and it was cat ear hood thingy, which I had two already, so I fused two of them together. Well, it's not so bad, this hood is a great stat stick even outside VI.

The Nightmare I mastered all the fights but I'm not doing the Ultimate until I get Beatrix into shape. Plus I only have one copy of curaga/ja, diara/ga and i don't feel like wasting orbs for this right now. It's not like I'll ever use reraise anyway (I think)

Now I'll try to do all of the IX event and I'll probably whale a little as I'm saving mythtril for the next fest. I'm not pulling anything on VII or X-2 or the next ones actually, so I hope I'll have enough mythtril for at least two-three full pulls.

Falk

that puzzling face
The lucky draw was shit as expected as I got one 5* and it was cat ear hood thingy, which I had two already, so I fused two of them together. Well, it's not so bad, this hood is a great stat stick even outside VI.

You know, in the past month we've gone from 'dupes are shit' to 'dupes are a blessing'.

On the other hand if you're Falk you've got a 5+ Buster Sword, Zantetsuken, Gold Sword (lol) and 2 each of Keepsake Ribbon and Gold Hairpin, but no 5++.

I got 4 5*s on the lucky draw:
Last Judgement Grimoire (Tyro's SSB. Useless because I have SG. Yay for stat boost?)
Crescent Wish (Selfie's SSB. This is a good one)
Save the Queen (yes.....)
Power Staff (Lenna. Haste and Protect)

Girlfriend, however, got 5 5*s on hers.
Only thing I really remember is that she pulled the Tiny Bee and Aerith's not good one.

This more than makes up for the Combat banner where I pulled Shear Trigger and that's it.

I was woefully behind on greens so I focused on that this weekend. Did the Abyss Gate this morning and this was my mastery party:

I'm very fortunate when it comes to white mage gear. I can actually field an entire team of white mages with uniques, but I opted to bring Tyro instead of Lenna for the ninja scroll magic.

Diara was hitting for 9k. If I'd swapped Rosa's and Yuna's loadouts, I probably could've capped it thanks to Yuna being Lv80. As long as you have a good weapon, your Diaga and Holy will cap for sure. During phase 3, it's important that your Esuna-user be on standby at all times or else you risk losing mastery. I gave my Esuna-user a Petrify-resist accessory and hat to avoid frustration in phase 2. Reminder: when somebody is petrified, their buffs are wiped so you need to coordinate your Esuna/Protectga/Shellga together or your newly softened homie will get blasted for 1500 per Photon Spray hit (and there are numerous hits).

Disappointingly, I am exactly one Major Holy Orb shy of R4 Holy.

I don't think I'm even going to attempt this Nightmare stuff, have way too much regular story events to clear. Just managed to save 50 for the Kuja draw so I'm holding fingers for a BSB since I have none. Don't have much faith in RNG but I'm walking happy just for getting 2 WHM relics in the lucky draw and a very useful Yuna for my party. Though I guess Vanille would have been a somewhat better choice since her relic SB grants Protect.

After being out of luck for such a huge period, I think I would scream if I got something good in the FFIX event. Getting either Punisher or Orichalcum would solve a huge hole in my party strength.

One takeaway from my kills is to have the Esuna and Dispeller literally AFK until they need to act in Phase 3. Lost out on Mastery twice because I got cocky and had them do another cast on the boss, only for him to get Hasted + Poison same time.

Only 1 stamina and it's much more enjoyable than doing dailies, I'll get the Mastery tonight :)

Edit: Got it! Yuna, Minwu, Penelo, Selphie and Y'Shtola got me through. Those new relics I got in the Lucky Draw helped a fair bit, along with having Diaga and Holy honed well.

Nightmare fight was incredibly fun and fair, although it took me three tries to gain mastery. My team was Eiko, Selphie, Yuna, Keeper, and Vanille. 3 Diagas (r4, r4, r3), 2 Curagas (r5), Fire Veil/Swift Bolt on Keeper, Protectga, and Esuna/Spellbound Etude on Vanille.

SBs used were Mighty Guard (RW), SG, HotF, and Eiko's Emerald Light.

Most useful RMs were Healer's Prayer II on Vanille, who attacked and then healed someone it seemed like half the time; Dr. Mog's Teachings for quick-SG; Prayer of the Cetra (holy+), and Ace Striker on Eiko, so she could cast Emerald Light 2 or 3 times to keep the party healed and hasted.

Just realized I had Flower of Trabia on Selphie and never changed it out. Oops

I definitely could've done it much differently, like swapping out one of Tyro's Ninja magics for Dispel or Banishing Strike.

Just mastered Evrae. Had to restart once because it got off a Nightmare Poison Breath right before I killed it, but overall I thought it was an interesting boss. I can imagine how annoying it would be without a lot of foreknowledge though.

You know, in the past month we've gone from 'dupes are shit' to 'dupes are a blessing'.

On the other hand if you're Falk you've got a 5+ Buster Sword, Zantetsuken, Gold Sword (lol) and 2 each of Keepsake Ribbon and Gold Hairpin, but no 5++.

Yep, I think now my pulling strategy will be to focus on single banners rather than diverfying, in an attempt to get some 5+++s, easy since I have both walls and the trinity with shout and a few ssbs.

I would love a pull wherein you could pick out a generic non sb relic so I could complete a few sets of otherwise 5+ equips...need genji helm maxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom