• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesho

hmmm..

i am debating if i want to bother to do the nightmare dungeon or not.. I probably do have enough gears and orbs but for some reason... i don't have much desire to actually attempt it..

Yeah I'd suggest that as well for anyone absolutely desperate to get a RM. Especially if it's something like Garnets RM2, which only drops in IX dungeons.

Most of my remaining RM drops are from just doing dailies anyway.
That's what I do, too. Besides the HoR peeps I need MC2 lodes for, I only need to grind out the FF3 cast's RMs and get the Twins to 65 to get their's as well.

hmmm..

i am debating if i want to bother to do the nightmare dungeon or not.. I probably do have enough gears and orbs but for some reason... i don't have much desire to actually attempt it..
It will come back in a month anyways, so no major rush unless you really need the rewards asap. Personally, I waited on the Ultima one and did it when Crushdown hit. I may wait on this one and do it later, as well.

Kain

Another month until the festival. I'm going to have so much mythril by then. This pleases me.

I'm on the same boat. I've learned from the last fest so now i have 100 mythtril and I'm not pulling nothing until the fest. Banner 4 (the one with shout) seems too good to be true for example.

Welp, Garland just won't fall down. I am seriously eyeing that MCII for Kuja but it ain't happening now. Always get him to at least the last forth of his health, even fifth or sixth if I am lucky but I would seriously need great RNG to make it.

Part of the problem is that three people most feasibly useful due to synergy/skills (which are Zidane, Kuja (with SSB) and Ramza (for Breakdowns)) are all around lvl 50. Auron (who is the physical heavy hitter) and Yuna (healing/medica/protect) are close to 80 and I choose Agrias (65) for Shellga, extra Curaga and some attack power when Shout is up. Sadly, they can't do it by theselves yet and all other high level characters (65 or above) I have don't have the necessary skills to help me here (Reno, Fang, Zack).

Guess I'll just have to settle to grind my teeth in the EXP dungeon this weekend.

Welp, Garland just won't fall down. I am seriously eyeing that MCII for Kuja but it ain't happening now. Always get him to at least the last forth of his health, even fifth or sixth if I am lucky but I would seriously need great RNG to make it.

Part of the problem is that three people most feasibly useful due to synergy/skills (which are Zidane, Kuja (with SSB) and Ramza (for Breakdowns)) are all around lvl 50. Auron (who is the physical heavy hitter) and Yuna (healing/medica/protect) are close to 80 and I choose Agrias (65) for Shellga, extra Curaga and some attack power when Shout is up. Sadly, they can't do it by theselves yet and all other high level characters (65 or above) I have don't have the necessary skills to help me here (Reno, Fang, Zack).

Guess I'll just have to settle to grind my teeth in the EXP dungeon this weekend.

You shouldn't really need two healers for it. I took two knights (Beatrix and Steiner) with Banishing Strike on one and Saints Cross on the other which blows his HP away. So your mitigation could be like:

W.Mage - Curag/ja + Shellga
Knight 1 - Saint Cross + Protectga
Knight 2 - Banishing Strike + whatever (Drain Strike in my case for Steiner)

If your knights aren't kitted out you could replace Knight 1 with another White Mage but give them Diaga. You want to be hitting that holy weakness or else you'll be there all day.

c-murph

Yeah I'd suggest that as well for anyone absolutely desperate to get a RM. Especially if it's something like Garnets RM2, which only drops in IX dungeons.

Most of my remaining RM drops are from just doing dailies anyway.

Wouldn't the first stage of whatever event is going on be better? 3 rounds for 2 STA vs 1 round for 1 STA?

Is that really more effective? I never got anything to drop in those stages. Fabul Castle worked everytime for me after a few battles.

Falk

that puzzling face
Random thought: Was hoping MC3 would open up a 2nd RM slot because that would make for some hilarious combinations.

Daily Draw: 5* lowered from 0.035% to 0.01%... We have reached JP rates but they get 3 draws per day. Someone calculated that you have a 30,6% chance of getting at least a 5* over 10 years now. Ok...

You shouldn't really need two healers for it. I took two knights (Beatrix and Steiner) with Banishing Strike on one and Saints Cross on the other which blows his HP away. So your mitigation could be like:

W.Mage - Curag/ja + Shellga
Knight 1 - Saint Cross + Protectga
Knight 2 - Banishing Strike + whatever (Drain Strike in my case for Steiner)

If your knights aren't kitted out you could replace Knight 1 with another White Mage but give them Diaga. You want to be hitting that holy weakness or else you'll be there all day.

I could try it, thanks for the advice. Though Beatrix and Steiner are both low leveled so I don't know if I'd make it unitl the event end. Hell, I just got Beatrix. My levels are most of the issue I think. Only question is how much mythril will I spend this weekend as the BSB fest is looming soon.

Daily Draw: 5* lowered from 0.035% to 0.01%... We have reached JP rates but they get 3 draws per day. Someone calculated that you have a 30,6% chance of getting at least a 5* over 10 years now. Ok...

People actually get 5* from that? I thought I was really lucky when I got a 3* yesterday.

I got a 5* once but that was with old rates. Now they seem absurd, in fact Im not drawing anymore...why bother.

I got three in the span of about 45 days around February. Aurora Rod (Aeris's Physical Blink), Shinra Helmet (FF7), and Priest's Mitre (FF6). I'm sure it's the reason I was karma'd during all of the anniversary draws that happened a bit afterwards.

At around 108 Myhrils right now, I expect to have at minimum 200 Mythrils for 4 11 pulls during BSB fest.

I really don't know if I want to pull for Banner 2 tonight. I have 0 offensive 5* for IX and 2 5* armor (both giving some ATK at least). One day I will need to up my synergy for IX and this is a great banner for it... I also lack any form of personal Hastega. However, I have a feeling that I will be able to master U+ anyway... I have not been that conflicted in a while.

Edit: I know it will change a bit but damn, BSB fest in JP had a grand total of 2 IX relics for the whole fest and it's Eiko's flute and Beatrix's Thunder Gloves...

Czarcasm

Been quickly going through the story dungeons. Currently at 158 3/5 Max Stamina, should get to 160 sometime tomorrow. After the orb rush and Cait Sith event, I'll be able to clear up the remaining dungeons and finally be able to just run dailys.

c-murph

Been quickly going through the story dungeons. Currently at 158 3/5 Max Stamina, should get to 160 sometime tomorrow. After the orb rush and Cait Sith event, I'll be able to clear up the remaining dungeons and finally be able to just run dailys.

146, Holla!

greyshark

I'm planning on pulling tonight - I'm a sucker for Mage gear and the chance to pair en-dark with mm sounds too good to pass up.

WarAdept

I think the loading screen has become a bit of a mess lately. Dr Mog appearing large for a second, then scaling down to proper size, a weird "Reloading" screen that appears in the top left with squares down the bottom that is able to be scrolled, and now a new screen with Japanese text and what looks like a reload button in the middle.

Game needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Two tries to beat Nightmare Evrave, first attempt failed only because I forgot Arise casts faster then one of my medica's which was lead to death. Having 4 medicas (one being emerald light with haste) and natural wall made the fight a cake walk. Didn't bring dispel didn't really need it hasted evrave wasn't really that scary.

c-murph

I think the loading screen has become a bit of a mess lately. Dr Mog appearing large for a second, then scaling down to proper size, a weird "Reloading" screen that appears in the top left with squares down the bottom that is able to be scrolled, and now a new screen with Japanese text and what looks like a reload button in the middle.

That's Mogzilla. I think Japan is trying to tell us something.

WHEW! I need to stop waiting for the final day to do these U+s. That was close and intense. I actually found Bahamut III to be far harder than Cag was. Celes with her SSB was a lifesaver, once again, and having Basch's Shield also made all the difference in the world. I tried using alt methods, like Carbuncle + Magic Blink RW, but I couldn't DPS him enough that way.

SBs: Locke's SSB, Garnet's SSB, Basch's Shield, Aerith's Medica, Celes's SSB

I got super lucky at the very end of the fight too. My second Wall RW ran out JUST before I could finish him off. Thankfully, I only took 1 non-Wall'd AoE hit there and already had Aerith queue'd up for a Medica. Afterwards, he spammed Flare and Celes sucked that up before finishing him off.

Inbachi

Neo Member

Yeah I get that too and it's a bit annoying but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Web thing update (you on android?). I updated that on my main device and I get those weird glitches. My other device I haven't updated yet and it doesn't have those issues.

Mastered Steiner and Kuja on the first go, and only lost one medal total. (Against Kuja.)

Lightning Resist accessories are very useful, and Runic once again proves itself to be an invaluable SB.

Mastered Steiner and Kuja on the first go, and only lost one medal total. (Against Kuja.)

Lightning Resist accessories are very useful, and Runic once again proves itself to be an invaluable SB.

What do you give to Celes for abilities? I have a R2 Tornado Strike and nothing else that is great for her. Almost feel like doing a Flare Strike R1 for the moments where Indomitable Blade recharge the second ability instead of TS. I use her so often.

What do you give to Celes for abilities? I have a R2 Tornado Strike and nothing else that is great for her. Almost feel like doing a Flare Strike R1 for the moments where Indomitable Blade recharge the second ability instead of TS. I use her so often.
I brought R1 Tornado Strike and R1 Flare Strike and only found myself out of abilities for her once throughout the whole fight. Kuja uses single target spells a lot, and even one of the AoEs will provide a refill. You should be all good.

Note: I was using Shout as a RW, but even then she wasn't doing a ton of damage. She didn't have a great weapon, and a Lightning Resist accessory instead of an ATK boost, but the Runic effect more than made up for it.

Edit: You might even be able to go with just Tornado Strike and leave the second slot blank, so you'll be sure to get a refill for that.

Ok U+ mastered with 1 medal lost. Indomitable Blade is so good. I had 0 5* weapon, only a Dagger 4*++ for synergy. Shout RW + Leon in my party with HotE (+ new Darkness abilities making him more interesting) mostly solves the problem of no synergy weapons (for now at least).

Still don't know if I want to pull on Banner 2, lacking Hastega and having nothing for Cid's Missions in that realm is making this tempting. Any other great IX banners coming in the future?

Also, did Celes ever get any other abilities buff in JP?

Balphon

Beating Kuja was easy enough but the mastery took about an hour of attempts and party reconfigurations. It seemed like whenever I used Magic Lure + Reflect he'd use nothing but AoE so I ended up just stacking damage.

I really wonder why they decided to tune against magic so heavily. It just seems wrong that I can roll a character pushing 500 magic into this fight and have them struggle to hit for 5k with Waterja.

She geta Knight 5 at some point. I'm so excited for that.

Ohhhh free SC refills with a side of Tornado Strike sounds great! Can't wait! I thought that I read about her getting Knight 5 but it sounded too good to be true and I thought my memory was playing tricks on me. Thanks!

Edit: I looked at the next banner for the next IX event. First one has Zidane and Garnet BSB, Banner 2 has Beatrix and Steiner SSB plus Eiko's flute and Kuja's glove. It's kind of trading Garnet SSB for Steiner SSB if I would pull on that banner (there is also more character relics). No idea how good are Zidane and Garnet BSB.

Czarcasm

Finally mastered Kuja.

Party Setup:
|Cloud[LV.80]|Lifesiphon R4 / Drain Strike R4|Fenrir Overdrive|Ace Striker|
|Leon[LV.65]|Lifesiphon R4 / Magic Break|Hand of the Emperor|Dr. Mog's Teachings|
|Ramza[LV.75]|Full Break R2 / Lifesiphon R4|Tailwind|Knight's Charge|
|Garnet[LV.73]|Diaga R4 / Shellga R2|Divine Guardian|Battleforged|
|Y'shtola[LV.65]|Curaja R4 / Armor Breakdown R3|Stoneskin II|Concentration II|
RW - Shout

Thoughts: This boss was a pain in the ass. I ended up using the hit and run strategy to fully load the SB gauges before finally starting and I still lost two medals. If I had to do it again, I might switch out Diaga for more healing. I tried using dual summons on Garnet, but with the ones I've fully honed (Prepping for Summon Abyss) the damage was either the same or less than Diaga.

I would have gone full mage team, but I just don't have the gear for it.
Edit: Drained almost half my phones battery trying to kill him

Full medals on Steiner and lost two damage medals on Kuja:

u2jmi9g.png

fMD9CAS.png

Selphie SSB wasn't my first choice but it was the only group cure in my queue. DIdn't really need it anyway, so I wish I'd just brought a BSB RW for Basch, so he had something cool to do in between Retaliates. The fight was very easy because Drunk Cecil is a dark damage diva. Limit Breaks: Soul Eater, Earth Ward, Stoneskin, Black Materia, and Apocalypse Shield.

Had a false start on Kuja because he one-shot Drunk Cecil for 6.6k damage on the first turn. I suppose that's my fault for equipping him with an off-record bracer and then using Dark Bargain before I could compensate for the -30% DEF it bestows. So on my redo, I decided to have everybody defend until I was buffed with Apocalypse Shield, popped my Stoneskin, and then proceeded to whip Kuja Kinte's ass. It got ugly, though. Y'shtola fell behind on healing and Sazh died a noble death. I wish I'd brought Yuna instead of Y'shtola for Hymn of the Fayth, and then just used a Sentinel's Guard RW. Limit Breaks: Soul Eater, Boon, Stoneskin, Black Materia, and Apocalypse Shield.

My 11-pull on Kuja 2 was a bust. I was tempted to pull again, but it's better for my heart if I don't throw a temper tantrum multiple times in a single night.

Falk

that puzzling face
MlkLciIl.jpg

Of COURSE, we get to this point, and he double Flare Stars. What are the chances, heh.

Gonna go level Zidane across Orbfest and come back later. If I'm going to do it sooner or later, might as well do it later and have some padding on RNG.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Well Steiner is the first Ultimate that I completed (mastered too) on my very first try. Having ViVi's SSB, which is pretty underwhelming otherwise, helped.

Kuja is kicking my ass though. I just can't damage him enough, even with Shout.

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you reflecting stuff back at him? Helps a bunch with damage, although you need a way to top up Reflect guy (Drain Strike w/ Steiner or a load of AOE heals)

Kain

Got Ragnarok and Kuja's gloves, so I guess I have work to do this weekend.

I'll try the U+ after leveling them up. Beatrix specially will be very useful I think.

Steiner was a complete breeze, especially with my Stacked FFIX relics. I was able to beat him on my first try with no S/L.

SBs: Locke's SSB, Celes's SSB, Yuffie's Medica, Fran's Whip Kick, Garnet's SSB

On the other hand, Kuja U+ was super tough. I figured out a solid strategy (close to my Bahamut U+ one), but the medal requirements are much tighter with him having only 2 objectives. I beat him after a ton of trial and error, but didn't Master it.

This was the team I used for the clear:

SBs: Locke's SSB, Celes's SSB, Yuffie's Medica, Basch's Shield, Garnet's SSB

Notice anything off?
I had swapped out Fran w/ FB + MaBD for Basch and completely I forgot that an objective was to reduce Res... v_v.

I'm not sure I CAN Master this fight. Seeing as I lost 1 medal for turns and 2 for damage on my clear.

Kain

Yep, Steiner was the easiest Ultimate in a while for me. Vivi alone was destroying him lol

Just use a tauntaliator (I used Basch) and you only need to worry about aoe.

Beat Kuja first time with Shout RW, but only got expert because I ran out of steam at the end. I think I can master it if I proc Shout later.

Only 2 synergy weapons though is rough. Lightning resist accessories are a bacon saver

ZangBa

One shot both Steiner and Kuja. Lightning resist accessories help a lot with Kuja. I didn't bother reflecting magic back at him, seemed like a waste of ability slots for me personally. I had Kuja mitigated so bad, some of spells couldn't make it to 200 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom