• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I've got the Platinum Shield and SG already, so not sure if I want to pull without guaranteed 5*, and that's assuming I get enough mythril to do a 11 pull before it goes away (I have like 40 right now). Platinum Sword would great obviously though. I've also got Y'shtola's Medica already, so getting get wall would be nice but would also mean she would have to do double duty with Medica etc. Also I want to do the lucky draw pull, maybe I'll do a 3 pull or something.

Now that I'm not worried about saving mythril for refreshes I really need to look at what banners are upcoming.

WarAdept

Wow that is a pretty amazing Buff Banner.

I luckily have 3/6 out of those, so I won't be pulling.

DU Lucky Banner however. Praying I get more XIII gear! (I'll probably get 10 XII spears).

Xetherion

That Buff banner is bonkers, but i already have most of the important ones in some form. I have SG, HOTE, and MG8, so SG/Thyrus, Platinum Shield, and Wizard Rod would all be dupes/sorta dupes for me. Platinum Sword would be new for me, but there's a FFT banner for that if i wanted. Not even sure what Vincent's gun does, pretty sure i don't care. If it's a faithga/hastega, i already have Edea's and Edward's.

WarAdept

That Buff banner is bonkers, but i already have most of the important ones in some form. I have SG, HOTE, and MG8, so SG/Thyrus, Platinum Shield, and Wizard Rod would all be dupes/sorta dupes for me. Platinum Sword would be new for me, but there's a FFT banner for that if i wanted. Not even sure what Vincent's gun does, pretty sure i don't care. If it's a faithga/hastega, i already have Edea's and Edward's.

20% Faithga I belive for Cerberus Shell.

I'd want it for the animation alone. But alas, this banner is still a no pull for me.

Xetherion

20% Faithga I belive for Cerberus Shell.

I'd want it for the animation alone. But alas, this banner is still a no pull for me.

Thanks for making me look up the animation lol. It's pretty cool, but the only relic i'm willing to pull for just for its animation is Edgar's Chainsaw. One of the reasons i need to save mythril is so i can pull on Opera Celes banner 2 for Chainsaw and Indomitable Blade.

You know what this version of "Dancing Mad" is missing? Kefka's laughter at the reprise. My brain anticipates it and is distraught when it doesn't happen.

So, I can't beat the tactics or dissidia events.

I can safely get to around 90, before things get too bad.

So, my question is: what are the best abilities to create? I've not used any orbs because I'm not sure what's worth making.

I heard full break is a must, but I am no where close to making that yet.

Hey Japanese players who're caught up on the series fun question time

Assume Cold Steel 3 was the finale of the whole saga and all living (?) playable characters from all games are chooseable who would be your final team of 6 (assuming still 4 at point 2 reserve)

Edit: Falk already quoted me leaving my shame here :(

So, my question is: what are the best abilities to create? I've not used any orbs because I'm not sure what's worth making.

The attack "Full Charge" changed the game completely when it was released and made everything a LOT more manageable. It's as powerful as the majority of Soul Breaks in the game. It takes a lot of orbs though, but it is absolutely, by far, the most usefully ability in the game.

Game changing abilities IMO:

Full Charge
Full Break
Lifesiphon
Protectga
Shellga

what relics do you have?
what abilities do you have?

4* breakdowns to r3 or r4
full break r2/multi break r2
curaja to r4 or curaga to r5 if too much
protecga/shellga to r2
life siphon, 2-4 copies to r4, if you have enough relics
full charge to r3
saint's cross to r3
thief's revenge to r3
dark zone to r3
memento mori to r2

Relics: just Delita and lightning's supers.

I also have rikku's glove thing, but I don't have her, nor am I in any rush to unlock her.

Nothing created as far as abilities go. Just the things they gave me initially.

(Jump, double cut, cure, fira, blizzard, lighting strike.)

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey Japanese players who're caught up on the series fun question time

Assume Cold Steel 3 was the finale of the whole saga and all living (?) playable characters from all games are chooseable who would be your final team of 6 (assuming still 4 at point 2 reserve)

Would take a FFRK crossover tbh

ZangBa

Damn, those Dissidia ultimates were a joke for my teams. My power is MAXIMUM.

Definitely pulling on that buff banner, I have only shout from that pool. Platinum Shield would be great for my Cecil with his BSB, and the rest would be great for CM's. Wall probably for Nightmares and battles where it's easier to fit in Tyro than Ramza.

I beat the Terra and Cloud battle! No SG either and relied on magic/physical blinks with Yuffie, Selfie and Keeper's BSB. Ramza for his defense buff too. So many attempts on this fight. Didn't get mastery since I forgot to bring a dark spell, but no way am I'm trying them again.

4OM9zox.png

WarAdept

I beat the Terra and Cloud battle! No SG either and relied on magic/physical blinks with Yuffie, Selfie and Keeper's BSB. Ramza for his defense buff too. So many attempts on this fight. Didn't get mastery since I forgot to bring a dark spell, but no way am I'm trying them again.

I also severely underestimated how much damage Cloud + Terra could put out. Eh a win's a win and got CM mastery.

SYAYufN.jpg

Meanwhile the FFT CM was a joke. Does he even do any damage? Or just spams status effects.

seySECo.jpg

Cloud and Terra hit like a truck first time in awhile I had to flee and reset my strategy. Once I got past the opening salvo of hits without having someone instantly die due to team up gank the fight wasn't too bad got cm. I actually had to s/l more on the tactics ult + because I got ganked so hard by status alignments -.-

Had to make sure I wasn't in the trails thread when I posted this

greyshark

With tonight's event we now have 9 different banners to draw from including the daily. Really trying to empty us out before the next fest.

Wtf only one specific MCII available for this event? I am screwed... I just started to be able to clear event stages with MCII rewards, but blank MCII crystals are still pretty hard. So everyone is at 65 with only one or two at a time getting that second break.

MrDaravon

Wtf only one specific MCII available for this event? I am screwed... I just started to be able to clear event stages with MCII rewards, but blank MCII crystals are still pretty hard. So everyone is at 65 with only one or two at a time getting that second break.

IIRC we should be getting unlimited blank MC2's in the Greens shop sooner rather than later.

Final Fantasy I is finally getting a standard, non-collab event with new characters in Japan. Matoya and Master. (The promoted Monk class character.)

With the Mobius event most likely on the horizon, and now this new event, it's nice to see all the FFI love.

MrDaravon

Just hit 100 paid 100 gem pulls since I started playing in October (there was a handful I missed/didn't do). For science I tracked the drops, statistically I think this is almost dead on for averages?

100 pulls:

68 3*
21 4*
11 5*

Ignoring that only 5 of the 5*'s I pulled have seen literally any use (fuck you back to back Pinwheels I'm still salty) and that most of the 4*'s have been hammers for some dumb reason that's not terrible.

Edit: Finally did the Dissidia U and U+, I fucking melted both of them and got full medals + CM first try. On the U+ Sephiroth died just because I got greedy with no DB + SC, I didn't even bring any healing just had regen on the RW Hastega I brought and no one else was even close to death. It wasn't even my SB's (I had Exdeath's and Golbez's Dark SB's but didn't even get to them) really, it was just having everyone at 80 with synergy (other than Tyro for SG) with tons of Dark abilities honed.

Is this what being at the endgame is like??

Balphon

Just hit 100 paid 100 gem pulls since I started playing in October (there was a handful I missed/didn't do). For science I tracked the drops, statistically I think this is almost dead on for averages?

100 pulls:

68 3*
21 4*
11 5*

That looks pretty close to the "average" distribution. Hard to say for sure since the rates have changed several times in the last year or so; I think the 5* rate is at about 13-14% right now.

MrDaravon

Surprised there is no buzz for Fang's ssb I didn't realize it was a -def - res double debuff.

The Partisan? Yeah, I got that a month or two ago from something (forget which banner), I commented on it but didn't get any response but it actually seems pretty solid; getting that is actually what led me to asking/looking into Dragoon stuff and honing some Dragoon stuff after orbfest. Haven't really had an occasion to specifically use it since I got it, but it'll be getting some use this event for sure on the Ultimates, I plan on bringing Fang along for the U+ for sure now.

Final Fantasy I is finally getting a standard, non-collab event with new characters in Japan. Matoya and Master. (The promoted Monk class character.)

With the Mobius event most likely on the horizon, and now this new event, it's nice to see all the FFI love.

It's weird that they're making the Master an FF1 character and not a core class, but it's how it should've been in the beginning. There is no Warrior of Light in FF1 and it mildly annoys me how this character has become the mascot for a game he isn't even featured in. At least he got a Fighter alternate costume in Dissidia, I guess.

Surprised there is no buzz for Fang's ssb I didn't realize it was a -def - res double debuff.

Looks like it's -50% for 25s and AOE, which sounds pretty great. There are a few others which are also -50% & 25s but only one other one is AOE (Strago's,) and the only relic of this type that you can guarantee yourself to get is the Aevis Killer from the Tyro banner which is -40% and 25s.

If FF4 Cecil were to be released today how should he be treated? One character with 5* dark and knight and white magic, with wardrobe records to switch sprites back and forth? Or keep him as Pecil and Decil?

If FF4 Cecil were to be released today how should he be treated? One character with 5* dark and knight and white magic, with wardrobe records to switch sprites back and forth? Or keep him as Pecil and Decil?

One character with access to everything. Paladin sprite by default with Dark Knight as a same-day dress record.

Falk

that puzzling face
Still think dress records not completely altering character classes are a missed opportunity.

Yuna as a physical ranged attacker (prob support) without access to WHM/Summons but with any SBs you learned (... which are WHM and Summon based) would have been an interesting shift.

P/DCecil already works out. The FFIII and FFV cast could have completely different skillsets with their dress records.

Not all of them would need to be drastically different though, e.g. Cloud, Rydia, etc.

WarAdept

Was my partners birthday today, made him this.

2dqmNPf.jpg

He absolutely loved it, FF8 was his first FF and really enjoys playing RK.

I hope this game sticks around for a long time.

It's weird that they're making the Master an FF1 character and not a core class, but it's how it should've been in the beginning. There is no Warrior of Light in FF1 and it mildly annoys me how this character has become the mascot for a game he isn't even featured in. At least he got a Fighter alternate costume in Dissidia, I guess.
It opens up some interesting possibilities. It's also notable they used Master's GBA version and not the one based on his PSP appearance, considering that the latter is the one used in the Record Sphere grids.

2dqmNPf.jpg

This is so cute. Great job.

Xetherion

Decided to pull on the Keeper's Choice banner to get Locke's AOE slow for the Tonberries Nightmare. Went 4/11 on the pull itself! Got Leon's Defender and 2 copies of Cloud's Organics, as well as an off banner Gold Bangle (XIII).

Damn that pull felt good. More II synergy and an offensive SSB to go with Leon's HotE, finally got a SB for Cloud besides his default, and a third Gold Bangle which is great for the current event. And i get to pick Locke's AOE slow as a bonus on top of it! Best 11 pull i've had to date i think.

Still think dress records not completely altering character classes are a missed opportunity.

Yuna as a physical ranged attacker (prob support) without access to WHM/Summons but with any SBs you learned (... which are WHM and Summon based) would have been an interesting shift.

P/DCecil already works out. The FFIII and FFV cast could have completely different skillsets with their dress records.

Not all of them would need to be drastically different though, e.g. Cloud, Rydia, etc.

Make child rydia have access to white 3 or 4 and cap her black and summon at 4, adult has summon and black 5 but loses white magic

OG Cloud could have had access to black/white 2-3 in his original outfit, but access to spell blade or celerity in his ac outfit.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't think you can really classify e.g. FF7 and FF12 characters by their skillset ingame since everyone pretty much has access to the same things.

(Of course, limit breaks would differenciate between Cloud being a damage dealer and Aerith being a healer, etc)

Razmos

2dqmNPf.jpg

Is your partner Wazzy by any chance?

Did my 50 pull on the Tyro's choice banner. Got a second Peacemaker for Lightning, Eiko's Fairy Flute and a generic FFIII bangle.

Main thing though is this:
Already used this rod for all my white mages for autoing through content. Can't wait for the dark matter update. I have 4 7* items and a whole bunch of 6* items that I'm looking forward to upgrading.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I've managed to pinpoint what I think the game lacks right now.

It lacks things to farm.

I mean, it can easily go the other way and be too much grind for too little gain (BE TMs, Terra Battle money grind) but FFRK right now is in a state where outside of Orbfests (which are basically mega farmfests wrapped in a neat, predictable package) there really isn't much to do in the game except empty your stamina bar on dailies, and then whenever events pop up, literally just go for completion rewards once through, and that's that.

I think the best periods in the game were when we were theorycrafting on which stages had the best Orb/stam ratios (remember FFRKi spreadsheet?) and rather slowly working towards r3s/r4s of key abilities which virtually made or broke a lot of contemporary endgame content.

Now? Motes are very precisely rationed out, Orbs are the same plus a very clinical Mythril -> <ballpark Orb count> every time an Orbfest comes about.

There really isn't much you need to know about the game to maximize your returns as far as stamina usage goes.

Heck, as much as they were kinda derided, collection and survival events broke up the monotony quite a bit and had pretty great rewards.

This is where BE, despite being badly tuned in some ways, has the upper hand. Sure, it can get tedious to go through Phantom Forest exploration for the 83247827384th time, but at least there's quite a plethora of different things to do that increase power levels in different manners - Summon levels, TM (if you're willing to cave and bot, I guess. Different games different strokes, whatever), gear crafting, etc.

edit: I do get that FFRK, after its first 6-9 months or so, definitely evolved as an experience to try to minimize the grinding aspect and maximize the endgame/theorycrafting/strategy aspect, since its endgame is one of the best balanced of all the mobile games in service right now, but I think it's lost something... charming, or nostalgic - for lack of a better term - in the transition.

It lacks things to farm.

I mean, it can easily go the other way and be too much grind for too little gain (BE TMs, Terra Battle money grind) but FFRK right now is in a state where outside of Orbfests (which are basically mega farmfests wrapped in a neat, predictable package) there really isn't much to do in the game except empty your stamina bar on dailies, and then whenever events pop up, literally just go for completion rewards once through, and that's that.

I think the best periods in the game were when we were theorycrafting on which stages had the best Orb/stam ratios (remember FFRKi spreadsheet?) and rather slowly working towards r3s/r4s of key abilities which virtually made or broke a lot of contemporary endgame content.

Now? Motes are very precisely rationed out, Orbs are the same plus a very clinical Mythril -> <ballpark Orb count> every time an Orbfest comes about.

There really isn't much you need to know about the game to maximize your returns as far as stamina usage goes.

Heck, as much as they were kinda derided, collection and survival events broke up the monotony quite a bit and had pretty great rewards.

This is where BE, despite being badly tuned in some ways, has the upper hand. Sure, it can get tedious to go through Phantom Forest exploration for the 83247827384th time, but at least there's quite a plethora of different things to do that increase power levels in different manners - Summon levels, TM (if you're willing to cave and bot, I guess. Different games different strokes, whatever), gear crafting, etc.

edit: I do get that FFRK, after its first 6-9 months or so, definitely evolved as an experience to try to minimize the grinding aspect and maximize the endgame/theorycrafting/strategy aspect, since its endgame is one of the best balanced of all the mobile games in service right now, but I think it's lost something... charming, or nostalgic - for lack of a better term - in the transition.

Right, there are really zero choices on how to expend stam, events when they open, dungeons when they open and then otherwise the dailies. Before you could farm for a two star item or the black cowl, later farm for greater orbs from dungeon bosses or summons orbs in the events. Now there is really nothing worthwhile to do other than auto battle through dailies in between events with the more nebulous goal of hitting a huge total of major orbs and getting green and rm drops. Wish we had some better equip drops, four stars even.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heck, on the topic of Black Cowl even 3* gear drops smattered around the harder dungeons at a 10% rate would get a shit ton of mileage. They aren't overpowered (couldn't do Ifrit with my 3++ nunchucks lol), but they plug holes in your gear, AND are somewhat future-proofed (within their own realm) with Dark Matter.

It lacks things to farm.

I get all that, at the same time the fact it doesn't require that much grinding thought has kept me playing where I've given up on so many other gatcha games. I feel the game could benefit either from a motes daily dungeon/s or motes drops from bosses.

Grindin for hours to make a black cowl ++ wasn't exactly what I'd call fun or engaging, while I think a few more 3 or 4 star weapon drops for newer players or people with terrible _ realm synergy would be a nice option, I don't think the game really needs that at this point.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm not saying to turn the game back into a grindfest. You're right, no one has time for that and as a game matures, you need to dial back on those facets or your playerbase starts churning faster.

What I'm saying is there needs to be at least a few ways to break up the abject predictability of the game.*

It's really compounded by the fact that we know virtually everything that's coming down the line. Unlike KHUX or Exvius, which take liberties with their script to better line up with holidays, tie-ins, etc. Global RK basically gets handed things on a platter. Probably for good reason since every time it's tried to deviate we get hilarious bugs/issues of every flavor imaginable (including inventing some new ones)

Back in the day, that predictability was at least countered by having options on what to do. Right now the most meaningful decision anyone has is whether to pull on this or that banner (for which you know exactly what's coming 90% of the time) or to spend the Mythril on Orbfests instead, and if so, what color of Orbs you need more than another.

*edit: Motes really felt like it could have been the solution for a while, but like I said, it just ended up being another clinically-and-carefully-rationed-out resource that everyone more or less has the same amount of at any given point of time, just like 6* Crystals.

Heck, on the topic of Black Cowl even 3* gear drops smattered around the harder dungeons at a 10% rate would get a shit ton of mileage. They aren't overpowered (couldn't do Ifrit with my 3++ nunchucks lol), but they plug holes in your gear, AND are somewhat future-proofed (within their own realm) with Dark Matter.

Oh yeah. I just have one dark mattered three on the Jp server, the IV ice rod rated at 148 mag with rs, which will rate above any non rs five star relic.

I'm not saying to turn the game back into a grindfest. You're right, no one has time for that and as a game matures, you need to dial back on those facets or your playerbase starts churning faster.

What I'm saying is there needs to be at least a few ways to break up the abject predictability of the game.*

It's really compounded by the fact that we know virtually everything that's coming down the line. Unlike KHUX or Exvius, which take liberties with their script to better line up with holidays, tie-ins, etc. Global RK basically gets handed things on a platter. Probably for good reason since every time it's tried to deviate we get hilarious bugs/issues of every flavor imaginable (including inventing some new ones)

Back in the day, that predictability was at least countered by having options on what to do. Right now the most meaningful decision anyone has is whether to pull on this or that banner (for which you know exactly what's coming 90% of the time) or to spend the Mythril on Orbfests instead, and if so, what color of Orbs you need more than another.

*edit: Motes really felt like it could have been the solution for a while, but like I said, it just ended up being another clinically-and-carefully-rationed-out resource that everyone more or less has the same amount of at any given point of time, just like 6* Crystals.

Yeah 6* crystals should also be grindable at this point, along with summon orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom