• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that the majority of the grinding in this game is condensed into easily managible chunks, but a few more options for what to do on a daily basis would be nice.

The should make all those 5* relics for core characters that we never got in Global rare drops in different dungeons that coincide with new realm dungeon releases. If they ever add blue magic in the traditional sense, that would give us something new to focus on too.

With BE and Mobius I found I couldn't ignore the stamina, couldn't let myself not empty it efficiently including doing whatever events and that lead to me completely burning out to the extent I've dropped those completely. I know nobody forces me to go deep into those elements but that is how I roll with those sorts of games and it is easier for me to quit and not look back than to play it sub-optimally. Yeah I know that is kinda sad but I guess I should look for games with a more definitive end goal rather than a slow pace, drip feed of content forcing you to repeat stuff over and over because there is little else to do.

As for FFRK getting stale. Yeah it has been a bit routine, especially with how increasingly infrequent (and short) dungeon updates have been. Still I had bit of a refreshing time as it seems I had not quite finished the current dungeon update so I've done some of that. Also the dissidia event has been a lot of fun (got the ultimate+ left to do...should probably get on that).

Btw, summon orbs become grindable in Japan when the abyss/nightmare is permanently open (so about 6 months from now).

I was thinking that might be overpowered, but it's basically Galbranth's skill set.
Galbranth only has Knight 4. You know who has Knight 5 & Dark 5 though? Golbez. I was really surprised but I saw optimise abilities stick Saint's Cross onto him. Yeah Golbez isn't really a front line fighter though.

greyshark

Personally I think the game let its power creep advance faster than its difficulty. Right now most Day 1 types can demolish all content without thinking about it too much - CM was a nice idea but got stale for me quickly since it limited the number of viable options to clear bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, they just designed around it with a bunch of dispel bosses and ignores-defense bosses

Except no one cared and just walled anyway.

I'm surprised there was a never a physical counterpart to magic shield (Garnet's Divine Guardian has been my wall and hastega in so many fights) and don't be like "oh that's rampart/gallantry" as those are just the inferior version of SG :p Then again I recall hearing physical enemies are affected by the attack softcap and using the launch date one at that so physical mitigates itself a bit.

FFRK might not be the hardest game but you do need strategy and that is what I like about it especially when you have fights that throw a few spanners into the usual like Ultimate Rubicante was (though it was painful seeing that person who spent nearly 50 mythril on revives due to not getting how to play that fight :( )

Maybe the Cid missions did make things a little soft as I went from Ultimate+ fearing to Ultimate+ clearing.

Speaking of which I did the dissidia one, One damage and one KO medal lost (Terra KOd Kefka then spammed Holy onto Garnet), Golbez had 2 seconds of MM left to go (the SB with his ebon armour was a great help being AoE dark). I think RWing SG was the right idea even if meant Sephiroph was doing no so great damage outside of dark bargain. Lireflect Gabranth was pretty ineffective thanks ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp. Abilities a bit tight on the dark side for me.

I'll miss you massive explosion..."to seize my. celery"

Anustart

Ok, guys, keep me strong. I don't want to pull on anything until something big happens. OSB, something. That upcoming buff banner doesn't interest me, as I have shout and wizard rod, so I'd just end up duping on that instead of getting a wall.

I will not pull or spend mythril until december 1st. Hold me to it. Falk, tally up mythril gained starting from next event until then and then ask me on dec 1st how much I have. If less than expected, ban me.

Ok, guys, keep me strong. I don't want to pull on anything until something big happens. OSB, something. That upcoming buff banner doesn't interest me, as I have shout and wizard rod, so I'd just end up duping on that instead of getting a wall.

I will not pull or spend mythril until december 1st. Hold me to it. Falk, tally up mythril gained starting from next event until then and then ask me on dec 1st how much I have. If less than expected, ban me.

Whale till you get wall

It is your density

MrDaravon

That reminds me, what was the number someone came up for the "average" number of mythril we get per month with login bonuses, average number of events etc? Wasn't it like 110-120 excluding special or unplanned things? Just curious.

Falk

that puzzling face
Number of events and dungeons have gone down, although we get a shit ton of special stuff this month.

I don't think that average is a useful metric right now.

The first time Ifrit Mote came up, I had 0 good MAG weapon for VIII. Since then, I got Dreamstage, giving me a AoE Heal with Magic Blink to block some Meteors and a MAG weapon for Edea to pull the Rinio BSB trick. I am just unsure about entering S/L hell...

Balphon

Drew Thyrus with my 100 gem and then proceeded to go 0/11 on a 50 mythril.

I'll take it, though I had SG already. Have all three of Y'sh's SBs now.

On a side note, wasn't mote dungeon supposed to be today?

Had SG, Platinum Sword and Platinum Shield already. Always wanted Garnet's SSB but could not pull 11 on this, too dangerous to get a repeat. 100 gems? Wizard Rod! Thanks! Once in a while I am lucky!

ZangBa

Did an 11 pull since I only have Shout on it and I'd like Platinum Shield a lot. Pulled SG and Vincent's Shotgun. No reason to pull anymore, it doesn't get better than that lol. I feel like my power level is pretty high now.

I'm still playing this game just because I feel so invested. I honestly don't care to anymore. But I kept using all my stamina and clearing all content just to do it.

That said, I really want to pull on this new banner. I only have the thyrus and apocalypse shield from it

Dang, you guys got great luck. I did a 11 pull and got Platinum's Shield and Thyrus. My very first wall. I still want SG though even when my keeper has Keeper's Tome lol. Still no shout. Now I got 3/6 on the banner.
Somewhat risky, but gonna do another pull once I get the mythrils for it. Might have to bench my Selfie for Y'shtola now.

I already had Thyrus and Platinum Shield, but I pulled anyway because duplicates of either wouldn't bother me much and there were other things on the banner I desired. Lucky for me, I got Platinum Sword, and also my second Soldier Sword (which I combined, because I'm swimming in FF7 swords). Very pleased with Shout, which is now my second Boostga after Drunk Cecil's Soul Eater. Also recorded a video because I'm a narcissist and now you can relive my fortune.

Buff Soul Break Relic Draw

My love for tactics made me blow all 75 of my mythril attempting to get an Ovelia relic, cane up short but did get 2x of Delita's armor which'll make him more useful.

I already had Thyrus and Platinum Shield, but I pulled anyway because duplicates of either wouldn't bother me much and there were other things on the banner I desired. Lucky for me, I got Platinum Sword, and also my second Soldier Sword (which I combined, because I'm swimming in FF7 swords). Very pleased with Shout, which is now my second Boostga after Drunk Cecil's Soul Eater. Also recorded a video because I'm a narcissist and now you can relive my fortune.

Buff Soul Break Relic Draw
You got Shout. That's all that matters looking at what you already have.

hesho

I stopped doing the nightmare dungeons since reraise (seems wasteful to to craft/hone). I haven't actually bothered to do any of them since. Neo Bahamut seems rather wasteful honing all my summons just to do that stage once (all my summons are R1). It seems tedious just to setup with the others (tried quad foul and it was just frustrating because i never could get the overheating to work properly). Haven't bothered with tonberries. I am pretty sure i can pass it if i actually tried but meh.

So, is it actually worth doing the nightmare dungeon's?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So... I got the Platinum Shield with the 100 gem thingie and I'm just wondering if it's still worth chasing after the Platinum Sword at this point. I don't really need the shotgun or the Garnet staff.

So... I got the Platinum Shield with the 100 gem thingie and I'm just wondering if it's still worth chasing after the Platinum Sword at this point. I don't really need the shotgun or the Garnet staff.

Do you have a native wall and a curaga level medica? If yes no reason to chase

If no, no reason not to pull hard

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you have a native wall and a curaga level medica? If yes no reason to chase

If no, no reason not to pull hard
I'm probably the only person with a 5++ SG. lol
I'm still rocking Vanille/Rinoa curas though... but is there a curaga in the buff banner?

I stopped doing the nightmare dungeons since reraise (seems wasteful to to craft/hone). I haven't actually bothered to do any of them since. Neo Bahamut seems rather wasteful honing all my summons just to do that stage once (all my summons are R1). It seems tedious just to setup with the others (tried quad foul and it was just frustrating because i never could get the overheating to work properly). Haven't bothered with tonberries. I am pretty sure i can pass it if i actually tried but meh.

So, is it actually worth doing the nightmare dungeon's?
Yeah I stopped doing them after I failed that the summon one as well. The 6 abilities don't seem that useful because of the hones, so I haven't really bothered completing the final battle of each one.

Tidd

HOLY SHIT! CULT OF 3 IS REAL!
No, it's not! Most of the time it's shit

06Otc85.jpg

I thought I should do one because "hey, what if you get shout". I didn't get shout. :(
I was so hyped when I saw two shiny rainbow orbs and prayed for the Platinum Sword. But no, I had to get the Wizard rod dupe.

Adeptrain

Thyrus (which is the only relic on the list I already had ㅠㅠ) and Sentinel after 3 11-pull....... ㅠㅠ.. One relic. No relic. One relic. I hate this game.

MrDaravon

Ha, 100 gem pull got me the Shotgun which isn't a super awesome item but I'll certainly take it! I reallllly want Platinum Sword, but I already have SG, Platinum Shield and now Shotgun so that puts me at 3/6 on the banner. Thyrus would be nice to have but given that I already have a SG it's not super appealing since Y'shtola would have to do double duty with healing or I'd have to bring another healer or something, so not ideal. Wizard Rod would be nice but also not super critical either.

Chasing single relics something something. I'll probably pass here and save for the Lucky Draw and then guaranteed 5*'s, with maaaaybe some 3 pulls or something on the upcoming FF5 and FF6 banners which both seem pretty damn good.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Boo, 3-pull finally failed me. Oh well, I already have Shout and SG but it would have been nice to get DG.

I can't decide if I should pull on the choice banner or not. I already have the trinity but I'm tempted for HotF maybe.

Kain

Got sentinel's grimoire and wizard rod, so basically that means I broke the game... if it weren't for the fact that I don't find SG useful and will probably never use it lol

0/11. Of all the banners for that to happen on. Really should have held off pulling until they get off their asses and implement guaranteed 1/11...

At least there were two 4*...which I can't combine and are essentially utterly useless until I get two more. I also got the rarely seen Mythril hairclip thing (seeing as only Red XIII and tyro can use it and I have a proper clip it is completely useless).

Falk

that puzzling face
There's a couple of very solid reasons most f2p games (or anything with a low barrier to entry) doesn't let you trade away anything meaningful.

Friend summons are basically what it evolved to.

I'm so lucky, and so good on defensive SBs. I did a pull on this and got Stoneskin II & Garnet's RES+/Major Regen/Hastega.

I now have: Tyro's SG & Protectga/Shellga Burst, Quistis' Shellga/Hastega, Aerith's physical blink, Garnet's Hastega Burst, Tellah's ability restore SB, Exdeath's Runic and the aforementioned Stoneskin II & Garnet SSB.

...I just wish I had more offensive stuff to burst down the damage with.

Just started playing this recently. Hyped that I was able to catch an FFT event (my favorite game ever), but gutted that I can't complete it (stuck at 110 difficulty with a lvl 55ish party). Also haven't pulled a damn thing for Mustadio or Delita.

Noob question but will this event return in the future so I can get another chance at Mustadio/Delita gear?

Just started playing this recently. Hyped that I was able to catch an FFT event (my favorite game ever), but gutted that I can't complete it (stuck at 110 difficulty with a lvl 55ish party). Also haven't pulled a damn thing for Mustadio or Delita.

Noob question but will this event return in the future so I can get another chance at Mustadio/Delita gear?

Next tactics event will be gafgarion and tg cid, most of the good relics will return there

Ooh awesome! Definitely going to be saving up my mythril for that! :)
It's probably going to be a few months though, correct?

Yeah it just happened in Japan so like 6 months out

For a beginner I'd save and pull on this buff banner, Ramza's platinum sword along with the other relics on the buff banner are game changers even as a new player

Yeah it just happened in Japan so like 6 months out

For a beginner I'd save and pull on this buff banner, Ramza's platinum sword along with the other relics on the buff banner are game changers even as a new player
Ouch, that's a long time. Guess I'll be putting Mustadio and Delita away for now.

I actually lucked out and got a Platinum Sword on my first 11x pull, but I didn't realize I could use a Soul of a Hero to resurrect Ramza until a few days ago lol - I thought I had to wait until an event to get him.
I also pulled his Iga Blade from this event so I've been using that as well.
And yeah I was thinking of pulling a few times from the buff banner for a chance at the Sentinels Grimoire, because all Tyro has right now is the Judgment Grimoire and it's really holding me back.

Thanks for answering my questions btw

Ouch, that's a long time. Guess I'll be putting Mustadio and Delita away for now.

I actually lucked out and got a Platinum Sword on my first 11x pull, but I didn't realize I could use a Soul of a Hero to resurrect Ramza until a few days ago lol - I thought I had to wait until an event to get him.
I also pulled his Iga Blade from this event so I've been using that as well.
And yeah I was thinking of pulling a few times from the buff banner for a chance at the Sentinels Grimoire, because all Tyro has right now is the Judgment Grimoire and it's really holding me back.

Thanks for answering my questions btw

Iga blade is pretty bad especially when compared to Shout, 9 times out of 10 you'll want to use shout since hastega and a damage buff for physical attacks > iga blade's damage and burst commands. Obviously where you're at in the game the content is easy enough and your hones are small enough the burst commands are probably really helpful but when you face harder content you'll find it less useful.

Some quick suggestions to get started

Get tyro and cloud's mc1/mc2 and their respect record materia drops since starting with a full soul break gauge is really important for harder bosses.

For now focus on story content switching to the various events to build up your characters, mc1, and mc2s

Don't be too worried about getting characters to the level 80 cap, focus on getting them to 50 and broken once thats minimum for them to be viable for most hard content

You can force close the app and reopen it to restart a battle without losing stamina as long as you closed the app before the party completely wiped. Because of this reraise/revive abilities are kinda pointless since you lose buffs when you reraise/revive and you'll need those buffs for harder content.

Focus on these skills to hone since they'll almost always be useful

Lifesiphon
Full break
____ breakdowns (early on go for ____ breaks)
Shellga
Protectega
Curaga and then curaja
Ruinga/valefor/maduin for grinding dailies and mobs
Full range of elemental spells or strikes

Then further down the road you can focus on these premium upgrades like

Meteor
Bahamut
Full charge
Power chain
Thiefs revenge
Saint's Cross

In addition work towards break the vanilla black and white mages along with summoners 1 and grinding for their second record materia. They restore your abilities inbetween stages which will help you clear longer dungeons and the dailies will minimizing damage before the boss.

Iga blade is pretty bad especially when compared to Shout, 9 times out of 10 you'll want to use shout since hastega and a damage buff for physical attacks > iga blade's damage and burst commands. Obviously where you're at in the game the content is easy enough and your hones are small enough the burst commands are probably really helpful but when you face harder content you'll find it less useful.

Some quick suggestions to get started

Get tyro and cloud's mc1/mc2 and their respect record materia drops since starting with a full soul break gauge is really important for harder bosses.

For now focus on story content switching to the various events to build up your characters, mc1, and mc2s

Don't be too worried about getting characters to the level 80 cap, focus on getting them to 50 and broken once thats minimum for them to be viable for most hard content

You can force close the app and reopen it to restart a battle without losing stamina as long as you closed the app before the party completely wiped. Because of this reraise/revive abilities are kinda pointless since you lose buffs when you reraise/revive and you'll need those buffs for harder content.

Focus on these skills to hone since they'll almost always be useful

Lifesiphon
Full break
____ breakdowns (early on go for ____ breaks)
Shellga
Protectega
Curaga and then curaja
Ruinga/valefor/maduin for grinding dailies and mobs
Full range of elemental spells or strikes

Then further down the road you can focus on these premium upgrades like

Meteor
Bahamut
Full charge
Power chain
Thiefs revenge
Saint's Cross

In addition work towards break the vanilla black and white mages along with summoners 1 and grinding for their second record materia. They restore your abilities inbetween stages which will help you clear longer dungeons and the dailies will minimizing damage before the boss.

Wow, thank you so much for this. I've been doing pretty well so far going by your advice.
Except for force restart and black/white mage breaking - that's golden advice that I wish I knew earlier. Good thing it's Sunday and I can level them up fairly quickly. :)

Thanks again, I really, really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom