• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you so much for this. I've been doing pretty well so far going by your advice.
Except for force restart and black/white mage breaking - that's golden advice that I wish I knew earlier. Good thing it's Sunday and I can level them up fairly quickly. :)

Thanks again, I really, really appreciate it!

Yeah the rk community is one of the best I've ever seen in gaming and I'm not just talking this gaf thread. Gamefaqs's ios rk board and reddit's dedicated subreddit are full of a lot of help users who post tons of great resources so you know what to do for each event, what banners to pull on or save for, etc. If I think of any other decent advice or you have more questions don't be afraid to ask most of us are willing to help.

I'm probably the only person with a 5++ SG. lol
I'm still rocking Vanille/Rinoa curas though... but is there a curaga in the buff banner?

Yeah I stopped doing them after I failed that the summon one as well. The 6 abilities don't seem that useful because of the hones, so I haven't really bothered completing the final battle of each one.

What are the rs stats for the sg++?

0/11 on buff draw, the 2/3 on a cult of three (plat shield and a second sword for Ramza). I wanted a wall though... I'm really hurting to pull again.

I've felt like garbage so did a few three pulls on the buff banner. Zip zip two sparkles.....both plat swords, so now. Have a 5++ part sword fully augmented. I'll stop with that, wanted the shield.

My spelling is atrocious even with auto correct, too many fluids lost.

That sword is 160/296 atk. Absurd. When is reforge coming, I'm going to blow so much gold, mats and greens getting that and my four stars leveled up.

I blame fire hawk on my weakness, I hear of good pulls or talk or 5++ relics and I get itchy. Need to get banned and auto through every thing for awhile and stockpile mythril..

ccbfan

When's the next banner with 3 or more items that can drastically improve my team?

My A team (LS/SSB)

Tyro (sg)
Relm (curaga/regen medica)
Shadow (SSB)
Knight - Cecil (ssb) - Agrias (ssb) - depending on multi enemies or holy element weakness/resist
DPS support - Ramza(rock throw) - Firion (ssb) - really depends on what I need, might even put another knight here if I need holy damage or banishing strike.

Pretty much never have any trouble with ults.

Also using only 1 5* skills (break dance).

So this has been an extremely efficient team.

Bonus battles seemed easy, although I can imagine Cid Raines being ugly after his angel burst thinger that dispels your shit. Both bosses have a bit lower HP than normal, I think, maybe because of the Doom timers. Speaking of which, I don't remember the real Cid Raines in FF13 having a Doom timer, but I find that game challenging to replay so it's been awhile. Videos below:

Hecatoncheir (Ultimate)
Cid Raines (Ultimate +)

I actually honed Blood of the Wyvern. Previously, I've only used Dragoon Jump with Kain, whose SSB gives him three insta-Jumps, but I figure I'll be using other dragoons for Cid Missions, so I might as well hone BotW now for Fang.

If Faithga is the main thing you want wait for Krile's on Wednesday.

I'm very interested in the relic selection offered by the upcoming FF5 event, and was saving for it, but impulsively did an FF12 draw and couldn't resist the surprise buff banner.

I went to collect my Cid Mission rewards and just noticed that the Ultimate didn't actually have a Cid Mission. Whatever.

Bonus battles seemed easy, although I can imagine Cid Raines being ugly after his angel burst thinger that dispels your shit.

Here he was a bit annoying. I had no good SB/SSB at all for XIII for the CM but nothing 2 healers + good hones could not handle.

Nice Double Cure RM kicking in right after his Ultimate dispel on your run, following by him casting Protect. Could have turned out ugly quick!

Here he was a bit annoying. I had no good SB/SSB at all for XIII for the CM but nothing 2 healers + good hones could not handle.

Nice Double Cure RM kicking in right after his Ultimate dispel on your run, following by him casting Protect. Could have turned out ugly quick!

Yes, it seems like a group cure would be a safer choice, because he has multiple group spells during that phase--all with a relatively high chance to be used.

Hecatoncheir's sprite is really dumb. He is the coolest esper in FF13. His arms fan out a lot more in-game than they do in his FFRK sprite.

Balphon

Yes, it seems like a group cure would be a safer choice, because he has multiple group spells during that phase--all with a relatively high chance to be used.

Hecatoncheir's sprite is really dumb. He is the coolest esper in FF13. His arms fan out a lot more in-game than they do in his FFRK sprite.

I'm pretty sure you mean Brynhildr.

J1lzkT7.jpg

Xetherion

Well, this is the first CM that I wasn't able to get Mastery with. Barely won with only Lightning left alive. Could try with a double healer strat though i don't know if i'd have enough damage that way. But CM is done, so time to obliterate Cid with my Anti Magic team of Beatrix (Mblink), Rosa (Mblink), Zack (auto-Stun), Gilgamesh (drawtaliate), and Tyro (SG)

Man, I had no idea summons in XIII were Transformers! Now i want to play the game!

Don't get too excited, because it has many flaws. But it's worth playing, at least to see Sazh do rhythmic gymnastics with dual-wielded pistols. Commando Sazh has the best animations in the game (series?).

I also severely underestimated how much damage Cloud + Terra could put out. Eh a win's a win and got CM mastery.

Meanwhile the FFT CM was a joke. Does he even do any damage? Or just spams status effects.
I actually had the reverse happen for me. I decimated both Dissidia CMs but struggled on the FFT U+ CM. C/T barely hurt me through SG + Protect/Shellga + FB. I also got lucky that I was able to wipe out Terra super fast and never got hit by Tornado or, even, a single Flare. For FFT, IDK if I would have been able to pull off the CMs if I didn't have Agrias's SSB (OG FFT event banner) and Ovelia's Hastega (100 gem).

I haven't tried the 13 bonus battles yet. I'll probably wait until Thursday for them. I typically focus on dailies Sat-Wed and leave Thurs + Fri for events / new dungeons.
My CM team options should be pretty solid for it though:
Lightning: Peacemaker. PowerCharge+SSB.
Fang: Lightning's Blazefire Saber. Dragoon Jump.
Raines: Vanille's Physician's Staff. Dark Zone.
Sazh: 5* freebie gun. Support.
Vanille: Shellga/Curaja + SSB Curaga Medica.

MrDaravon

Decided to do a 3-pull on the Buff Relic banner since I had originally planned to anyway, and we're getting a bunch of mythril in the next few days from events/DU/twitter rewards etc.

Got the generic no SB FFV Genji Armor. God damn it lol.

MrDaravon

It's like March 2015 all over again.

I'm not even really annoyed that I got a generic stat stick (even though I will probably literally never use this one as I have generally better options armor-wise in FFV), but the fact that you can still pull 5*'s that have NO SB at all is kind of insulting.

Uggg, I went 0/11, 0 Mythril left on the FFT Shout banner and now this pops up.

Oh well, I have full trinity + Tyro's Burst. So, I'll just stay using Shout RWs for longer. Maybe I'll get super lucky and nab Onion Knight's BSB in 3 months.

All of the good pulls here + MrDaravon's mythril logic got me to give the buff banner a shot. I decided to do a few single pulls. First two were 3* trash. "Ok, fine. Just one more" ...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Thanks for the motivation, everyone. :D

Yeah think this cid mission is beyond my ability to do maybe if I bring two shared medica but I just can't seem to survive after seraphic ray.

Edit: I suppose I could waste $$$ to get the keepers choice medica for Vanille

MrDaravon

Yeah think this cid mission is beyond my ability to do maybe if I bring two shared medica but I just can't seem to survive after seraphic ray.

Edit: I suppose I could waste $$$ to get the keepers choice medica for Vanille

Ehhhhh this is kind of what I was afraid of; I've got decent 13 synergy (Lightning's Peacemaker, Hope's SSB and Fang's Partisan) but no Medica, but an all 13 group also means no wall and you can only RW one or the other. I'll give it a go later but not expecting great things.

Even without looking at the rewards I can't imagine this CM alone is worth you pulling on the KC banner, unless you were sure you were going to do that and also chose Vanille's weapon at some point anyway.

Ehhhhh this is kind of what I was afraid of; I've got decent 13 synergy (Lightning's Peacemaker, Hope's SSB and Fang's Partisan) but no Medica, but an all 13 group also means no wall and you can only RW one or the other. I'll give it a go later but not expecting great things.

Even without looking at the rewards I can't imagine this CM alone is worth you pulling on the KC banner, unless you were sure you were going to do that and also chose Vanille's weapon at some point anyway.

Not at all and my 13 synergy is worse then yours (sazh deneb duelers, vanille's deprotectega, hope's original boomerang, fang's pulsar)

I did the U+ CM with no characters SB. 2 healers with shared Medica. One cues AoE heal when you know Cid will do Ultimate Dispel after your next damage action, other healer cues Shellga. Have one character cue Shout too. Timed well, you are back with ATK Boost, Haste and Shellga and ok HP right after Seraphic Ray. For safety you can then have the Shellga caster use his AoE heal SB too.

Main damage came from Power Chain/Full Charge R3 on Lightning, Saint Cross R3 Banishing Strike R4 on Snow and Full Break R2 / Magic Breakdown R4 on Sazh. I used the old 5* dagger with Protectga, the free Gun and a 4*++ fist. Oh and I think I decided to forgo Protectga for some Diaga from Vanille while I was not in any HP danger for the first 50%. It was not that needed, though. I could have swapped the role of Vanille and Hope and give him Bahamut or something.

U+ CM down.

Starts with Lightning casting Shout RW before Powerchain+Full Charge spam, Snow on Shellga shared SB out of the gate followed by Banishing Strike and then Saints Cross, Vanille with Protectga and Curaja spam, Sazh uses alternating breaks, and Cid starts with Memento Mori for the boost and goes all in with Dark Zone.

Timed it so Sazh would use Boon for the Shellga and Lightning would instant cast Shout as soon as Seraphic Ray would hit. Used Lightning's SSB once, but it wasn't necessary as I had a couple of casts of Full Charge and Saints Cross left by the end of it. Fight was over before I could finish casting the shared medica on Cid.

I did the U+ CM with no characters SB. 2 healers with shared Medica. One cues AoE heal when you know Cid will do Ultimate Dispel after your next damage action, other healer cues Shellga. Have one character cue Shout too. Timed well, you are back with ATK Boost, Haste and Shellga and ok HP right after Seraphic Ray. For safety you can then have the Shellga caster use his AoE heal SB too.

Main damage came from Power Chain/Full Charge R3 on Lightning, Saint Cross R3 Banishing Strike R4 on Snow and Full Break R2 / Magic Breakdown R4 on Sazh. I used the old 5* dagger with Protectga, the free Gun and a 4*++ fist. Oh and I think I decided to forgo Protectga for some Diaga from Vanille while I was not in any HP danger for the first 50%. It was not that needed, though. I could have swapped the role of Vanille and Hope and give him Bahamut or something.

Yeah I only have pc/fc at r2 which isn't enough even if I brought another shared medica I doubt I'd do enough damage, my build was basically the same as yours. I think I could hone pc/fc to r3 but I don't use it often

Balphon

I had to do the U+ twice but only because the first time around he literally used Dazega 5 times in a row after his normal protect/shell routine.

I'm glad they introduced Cid missions. It gives something for the crazies who pull on every banner to do and the rewards are so negligible I don't give a damn to do em myself.

One time they screwed up the Global version and only charged 97 gems for a first time pull. (Which is the Japanese rate.)

Ha. Oops.

Yeah I only have pc/fc at r2 which isn't enough even if I brought another shared medica I doubt I'd do enough damage, my build was basically the same as yours. I think I could hone pc/fc to r3 but I don't use it often

Mine are only R2 and I still had leftover charges at the end. Cid Raines is pretty squishy for a U+. Granted, I used that character to cast both Shout RWs and a soulbreak of their own. If you're worried about it, use normal attacks for the first few rounds because Cid Raines is pretty non-threatening before his weakest phase, such that I was able to roll into his weak phase at almost full HP thanks to Major Regen. My gear is good, but not unreasonably good.

After his dispel, I was able to kill him within four of his turns using Saint Cross, PC -> FC, BotW -> Dragoon Jump, and Breakdowns. His action order was Seraphic Ray -> Ruinga -> Ruinga -> Protect -> Dazega, which is close to as ugly as it can get, but it wasn't enough to kill anybody as long as Full Break, Magic Breakdown, and Shellga were in play. If he used a fifth AoE instead of Protect, then one person would've died (two if you take away the lucky dualcast Curaja), which would've been enough to finish the fight anyway. With a group cure, there would be almost no risk at all. There's always the risk of Dazega landing a Sleep, which didn't happen to me, but I opted to give my healer the 5-star FF1 Sleep-resist ring just in case (Crystal Ring, maybe? Bad with names).

I'm glad they introduced Cid missions. It gives something for the crazies who pull on every banner to do and the rewards are so negligible I don't give a damn to do em myself.

Or just be a veteran player. I've cleared every Cid Mission so far, including Mote Ifrit, and I've only bought a $30 gem pouch in a fit of rage. They are definitely not balanced around pulling on every banner.

Yeah, you generally don't need to whale for CMs. I'm F2P besides some 100 gem pulls and I've cleared each one. A few have been some tough slogs but it's doable.

And CMs are gonna be even simpler now because there's only gonna be one per event for the foreseeable future.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've cleared all of them (barring Mote Ifrit) despite hilariously bad pulls in the past half a year.

Doped up on Mythril continues for some of them (3 was the worst lol) with no regrets.

Plaguefox

I've cleared all of them (barring Mote Ifrit) despite hilariously bad pulls in the past half a year.

Doped up on Mythril continues for some of them (3 was the worst lol) with no regrets.
The worst Phoenix continue spend I've ever done was 15. Yeah, fifteen. I bet you can guess who I was fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom