• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Did a 3 pull because my synergy sucks and I wanted Vivi's BSB. Got Kuja's Darkflare Star SSB, which I'm pretty happy with. Gonna bench Vivi now and replace him with Kuja since I have no soul breaks for him and Kuja seems superior anyway.

I mentioned a couple days ago that I'm getting back into the game after a more than a year.

I'm having trouble with Scarlet Hair on the elite Setting Out dungeon. Any tips and strategies would be appreciated.

What I've tried is a party of:
  • Vivi to nuke
  • Garnett with teh healz and protect
  • Cloud for trash and when he's close, with spell blade abilities.
  • Wakka with physical and mental breaks
  • Any other mage who I don't have the equipment or weapon to boost damage to respectable level :(

I've gotten him down to 10%-20% a couple tries but the casters run out of the nukes and he's not in the front row long enough for consistent damage to finish him off.

Any tips? Any statuses I should be targetting?

Negator

I'm genuinely impressed that people can beat these so easily. I thought I had that VII one in the bag with all my synergy and a few BSB's, shout, SG, etc.

I guess I need to look at my strategy and work on hones.

I've gotten him down to 10%-20% a couple tries but the casters run out of the nukes and he's not in the front row long enough for consistent damage to finish him off.

Any tips? Any statuses I should be targetting?

Show us your team so we can get a better look.

Pejo

Show us your team so we can get a better look.

Here's my "A" team that I use on all challenging content, along with the synergy I can equip for FFIX

ZoGnylc.png

I know I can Egg Jecht along if need be, and some of my hones are not where they should be, so those two things I already plan on fixing. Cecil is pretty much my healer/supplemental damage, and then I always take a healer friend summon, usually Dreamstage or now Aeris' BSB.

As far as SBs, I have Jecht and Tyro's BSB's, Pecil and Locke's SSBs, along with Mirage Drive, SG, Shout, Tailwind, Stone Throw. I have a ton of other character SSB's, and Hope's BSB but I never use mages in any of my parties. I also have a few healer SSB's, but I feel like a true healer is often a waste of a spot in a party.

For reference, i pull about 2k heals on Pecil with Curaja.

Any tips are greatly appreciated (other than pull more on IX banners, lol)

Here's my "A" team that I use on all challenging content, along with the synergy I can equip for FFIX

I know I can Egg Jecht along if need be, and some of my hones are not where they should be, so those two things I already plan on fixing. Cecil is pretty much my healer/supplemental damage, and then I always take a healer friend summon, usually Dreamstage or now Aeris' BSB.

As far as SBs, I have Jecht and Tyro's BSB's, Pecil and Locke's SSBs, along with Mirage Drive, SG, Shout, Tailwind, Stone Throw. I have a ton of other character SSB's, and Hope's BSB but I never use mages in any of my parties. I also have a few healer SSB's, but I feel like a true healer is often a waste of a spot in a party.

I'm confused. What encounter is this party for, and why would you roll into U+ or harder without a primary healer?

Pejo

If your issue is that Amarant doesn't stay in the front row long enough to damage, then why do you insist on such a melee heavy party? Grab some magic and ranged weapons.

Sorry, that was just a general help picture. I actually chose this team as my "main" team because each of them can equip ranged options. I have a decent bow for Pecil, blitzball for Jecht, several throw items for Tyro and Locke, and Ramza has a crappy harp, but it's better than nothing. Besides, he's mainly just a breaker and buffer.

I hesitate to go into a mage heavy party because I've ignored mage skills/setup for so long, I'd need to farm orbs for weeks at this point to get a bunch of r4 spells for various elements.

Unless having 1-2 mages with a few non elemental spells would make a difference, it's not likely going to be something I can fix in time for the FFIX event.

I'm confused. What encounter is this party for, and why would you roll into U+ or harder without a primary healer?

This is just my team for FFIX, as i'm going through the latest event. For reference, I've been almost every U+ I've attempted with this party, I feel like I always did worse when I brought a dedicated healer. My strategy is generally SG -> Build up SB meter while debuffing the enemy, hit Shout then go all out with BSSB/SSB until dead. Sometimes it's more complicated, but that's been my general plan throughout.

Anustart

Since my 3 pull on banner 1 went well I decided to 3 pull on banner 2.

Got Beatrix Ragnarok, woo! She's already one of my mains, so this is great. With Rosa being my main healer and having her ssb, this gives me 2 magic blinks. I'll never be hit with a spell again.

Edit: Mastered the 180 difficulty ultimate thanks to Beatrix' new toy combined with Rosa's ssb heal. Only got hit a couple times from the spells thrown around thanks to my near infinite party magic blinks.

Is there a reason to pick Keepers Choice 2 over 1 for an 11 pull? Is it that a 5* guaranteed in addition to the pick you get or am I misreading that?

And if so, should I select based on realm or is there any clear winners/losers in the selections?

Negator

You shouldn't really be having any damage issues with that team. Are you having a hard time surviving or running out of abilities?

Something like this:

Looks like a level/hone issue. If you haven't yet, I'd invest all the growth eggs you currently have into your best team.

Is there a reason to pick Keepers Choice 2 over 1 for an 11 pull? Is it that a 5* guaranteed in addition to the pick you get or am I misreading that?

And if so, should I select based on realm or is there any clear winners/losers in the selections?

All of the items on the banner are super solid for new players, the only thing choice 1 has over 2 is that they are character soul breaks. The obvious winners for the free relics are the armors that give +elemental damage.

Tidd

Wow, the AOE spam is real. Even with Divine Guardian, Shellga, Wall and Full Break, Meltigemimi hit for around 1600 per Bioga. I don't really see me CM this even though my FFIX relics are pretty good. <.< Dreamstage helped me a lot during the fight.

First phase was easy, use every possible buff, then just spam Lifesiphone, Full Charge and one BSB from Beatrix. Before you take down the last one renew every buff and be sure that you have at least 1 Dreamstage cast ready.
2nd phase wasn't that bad damage-wise. Steiner's fire SSB and Beatrix BSB destroyed the thing. But all the AOE spam was terrible. If I was unlucky he used like 3-4 AOE Biogas in a row, which obviously killed every damage dealer I had, leaving me with Selphie and Garnet...while he was one or two attacks away from dying. Next try I was more lucky and he used ST spells at the end.

I should stop pulling on FF IX banners... But it's my favorite FF, so I'll keep doing it.

RivalCore

Tore through the Ultimate++ easily enough. Have Balthier's SSB and PCecil's BSB, took only 2 blasts of each.

Not looking forward to FFII's event. I have fuck all synergy and I don't have enough mythril to do a 50 pull. I kinda wish I didn't overspend on some of the previous banners but they did give me PCecil and Aeris' BSBs.

Wazzy

Banned
Just cleared Kraken. Wasn't too bad but since I wasn't full breaking him his group attacks hurt a little bit. My Zidane wasn't that useful but I brought him anyway. If the fight had gone poorly I was going to switch him for an extra healer or buffer like Red XIII or Aeris.

Definitely switch someone out for a dedicated healer. It's great for extra buff stacks and keeping your team steady. A healer, especially one with party heal, is incredibly important when bosses use group attacks that do large amounts of damage. You have Shout, SG and a tank with Cecil, Tyro and Ramza so maybe think of kicking out Locke or Jecht. Since you already have Shout and SG I would recommend either use a healer RW or a damage dealer like Cloud's OSB.

The fight should be much easier with extra buffs and heals(protectga and Shellga) so try out the switch.

Adeptrain

Arrrghh!!! I spent the whole Kraken fight half-blind because I read the description wrong....&#12640;&#12640;. It's HIS left..not my left. My Right...His/her left. I killed the wrong tentacle...&#12640;&#12640;

Arrrghh!!! I spent the whole Kraken fight half-blind because I read the description wrong....&#12640;&#12640;. It's HIS left..not my left. My Right...His/her left. I killed the wrong tentacle...&#12640;&#12640;
That happen to me too. I also killed the wrong tentacle and got blinded.

Well, that poison and aoe Ultimate Meteor spam is real. Meltigemini (Ultimate++) rekt me. I brought two healers too. Hmm. His Meteor ignore RES and his Wings ignore DEF. Gonna try again with Shellga on my Selphie. His Bio freaking hurts. I just pray he doesn't aoe spam me again over and over.

Adeptrain

That happen to me too. I also killed the wrong tentacle and got blinded.

Well, that poison and aoe Ultimate Meteor spam is real. Meltigemini (Ultimate++) rekt me. I brought two healers too. Hmm. His Meteor ignore RES and his Wings ignore DEF. Gonna try again with Shellga on my Selphie. His Bio freaking hurts. I just pray he doesn't aoe spam me again over and over.

I don't think I'm up for the Meltigemini fight...The previous fight was really tough for me and it was mentally exhausting and down to the wire. All that def/res ignoring aoe will probably drive me crazy...Glad these fights only cost 1 stamina though :)

You guys probably didn't read it wrong yall probably forgot to flip the tentacles in your head since his left tentacle is on the right side of the sprite :p

I guess I lucked out with U++ Meltigemini... Beatrix's SSB with AoE magic blink was vital for me to survive through the Meteor spam at the end and complete the CM. I had only just got her relic from a previous Lucky Draw too.

Tough cm even with decent gear. Beatrix ssb for the blink, garnet bsb used for second healing. Full team in fire resist or gigas armlets. Kuja summoning vivisection bsb rw. Took a lot of sls to get a god rng run. Think we get a major poison resist accessory in the nightmare dungeon later today, that should help people a bit.

After honing chain blizzaga to R3, it's going to be a very long time until I have enough orbs to do anything with chain firaga. Poopie! Totally worth it though.

I also honed Chain Blizzaga to R3, but I did have enough to also bring Chain Firaga to R2 as well. My Major Non-Elemental Orbs are completely dried up now, though, which sucks.

I also honed Chain Blizzaga to R3, but I did have enough to also bring Chain Firaga to R2 as well. My Major Non-Elemental Orbs are completely dried up now, though, which sucks.

Those are the exact orbs I'm missing! I've got enough fire and the other kind, it's those non-elemental orbs that are holding me back. Wish I could break firaja for some, but it looks like that would be pointless.

Thankfully, I'm patient (and all my -aja spells are honed to R3).

I'm having a senior moment: do we get a lucky banner/anything special banner tonight with the release of the Curada dungeon?

Edit: Spoke too soon!

extreme_08_07.png

Now I can't remember, are these 1/2 price or full 50 mythril?

Those are the exact orbs I'm missing! I've got enough fire and the other kind, it's those non-elemental orbs that are holding me back. Wish I could break firaja for some, but it looks like that would be pointless.

Thankfully, I'm patient (and all my -aja spells are honed to R3).

I've got the exact same issue with Major Non-Elemental orbs, except I've honed both Chain Blizzaga and Firaga to R2. I have enough orbs to hone one of them to R3, but now I'm thinking I should just wait for the next Chain -aga spell and hone that to R2. Any idea what we're getting next and when?

I'm having a senior moment: do we get a lucky banner/anything special banner tonight with the release of the Curada dungeon?

Edit: Spoke too soon!

extreme_08_07.png

Now I can't remember, are these 1/2 price or full 50 mythril?

Wait, that says "Unlimited Draws", don't we normally only get 1?

"DeNA dissolves Western subsidiary DeNA Global, Inc., closes San Francisco offices". It's a topic on FFRK Reddit. Look it up if you want to know more. Effects on the global version are unclear, some says it will shut down by the second anniversary. Don't have time to write more, sorry!

If they can hire another company for global support and have a small team do the translation in Japan, FFRK should be good. There is no development of the game outside of Japan.

The file contains this:

"The West market will continue to be a market of focus for DeNA, but the company will shift the strategy for this region towards collaborations with external partners rather than doing game development in a local studio."

Money not well spent. I haven't added it all up, but over the course of my time with Record Keeper I probably spend about $800-$1000. Now it can all go away. Maybe this the day I finally quit.

Razmos

So from what I can gather, FFRK global is still safe since its a collaboration game with Square Enix, and not an original, locally made Dena game of the kind that have hurt Dena's profits so drastically.

They are basically saying they are scaling down on original made content and focusing on the cheap tie in games like Record Keeper.

On October 21st Japan is getting two new Halloween relics; Pumpkin hat and Witches Staff. Wonder if we get them at the same time and RS switching happens in which case FFII hat and staff
too convenient to happen

They're also getting an EXP dungeon and a twitter campaign that might actually get traction (once a day, retweet for a free stamina refill) unlike the one we failed :lol: Unless of course it is a carrot on a broken stick like "review this app/like us on facebuk" where you hit the button and just go back to the game for your free carrot.

Also music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLGuZ1JWVaQ
Hearing the Kefka laugh just reminds me of how FFBE managed to even fuck that up

Falk

that puzzling face
Tweet once a day does wonders for GBF.

But then again that's a game with a completely different stamina framework to begin with.

I don't think the closing of the western DeNA branches will affect this game, as it seems to be in relation to new games being developed in the west that weren't performing as they needed to.

Record Keeper is exactly the type of game that they stated they want to focus on, and I know it's one of their best performing titles, so I'm not that worried about it. It would be nice to get some assurance though as it's understandable news like this will put some people on edge about the game's future.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DeNA is closing it's western offices? I guess they aren't doing well outside of Japan?

Anyway, I was going to ask who people used the MC3 on or if I should just save them.

DeNA is closing it's western offices? I guess they aren't doing well outside of Japan?

Anyway, I was going to ask who people used the MC3 on or if I should just save them.
Their western developed games weren't turning a profit, hence the closure.

The general consensus for MCIII is to go for Luneth first to get the EXP boosting RM, then probably Tyro. After that, which ever characters you make use of the most, or who will give you RMs that will be beneficial to you.

I'm amused at how they so artfully transformed nightmare banners from no-brainier pulls to complete crap.

I mean, in an era of garunteed 5 star and garunteed character relics it makes sense. Also since we're in the back half of nightmares where high hones , great gear, and almost maxed levels are needed giving someone an option to whale themselves into good gear for a given nightmare is far better then limiting them to 1 half price pull where they only get outdated crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom