• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

I can't really think of a situation where you'd be better off pulling on a banner with 40+ 5* relics of varying quality when you could just target a decent banner and be guaranteed 1 of 7 with an 85% chance at a SSB or better. Even if you're a complete beginner you'd be better off with Keeper's Choice.

The only good aspect of the nightmare draw was the value proposition and they removed it.

No mythrils to pull anyway on the lucky banner which doesn't feel so lucky anymore.
Sad news to hear about DeNa Global. Hopefully FFRK sticks around. I had fun playing despite dying over in the latest ultimate dungeon lol.

Nightmare Guardian mastered, and I did it the "legit" hot potato way. The most important thing is to remained focused on your timing. Once you get that down, it's just about patience & execution.

Definitely wasn't as annoying as advertised IMO.

Kyari

I blew the last of my mythril on a (succesful) hail mary pull on the second FFVII banner, so no lucky draw for me.

(I love my Tifa burst.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Their western developed games weren't turning a profit, hence the closure.

The general consensus for MCIII is to go for Luneth first to get the EXP boosting RM, then probably Tyro. After that, which ever characters you make use of the most, or who will give you RMs that will be beneficial to you.
Oof, level 99 though, with Luneth who isn't all that useful. I guess the double exp is nice.

Razmos

Woops, I tapped a single pull with mythril rather than the 100 gem pull (I've just woken up)

Got Vanille's Wyrmfang rod again. Then got a 3* from my 100 gem pull lol.

WarAdept

Oof, level 99 though, with Luneth who isn't all that useful. I guess the double exp is nice.

Once the III event comes around...

5 Dragoon, 4 Darkness added with RD possibility of 5 Spellblade/Darkness and 4 Support.

And a wide equipment selection.

Super keen for both him and Firion.

CDCz5lp.jpg

Reassurance from customer service that the western branch closure will not affect the global version of FFRK. (This isn't my email, but I received a similar response personally.) They should follow this up with a direct statement to all global players though, for ease of mind.

Source

Anyone going to bother pulling on White Nightmare 2?

Nope. I don't think anyone cares that it's unlimited pulls - especially after pretty much no one had any mythril to use during the last festival. These lucky banners are only attractive when their 25 mythril for an 11x.

Otherwise, I think the majority of people are hoarding mythril. The power creep is starting to get to me and I need more relics to deal with it.

FFMafia

Is meteor a decent magic to create and hone? I have ruinga at rank 4 and the only -ja i have is fire at rank 3 and chain firaga at rank 2. Everything else I have in abundance at 3 stars magic wise

Or should I focus on summons?

Friends, where is the best place to find detailed strategies for all of the nightmare bosses? I'm finally at a point where I can manage to face them, but it seems as though there are really specific strategies that people have uncovered that make these fights a lot less difficult.

Is meteor a decent magic to create and hone? I have ruinga at rank 4 and the only -ja i have is fire at rank 3 and chain firaga at rank 2. Everything else I have in abundance at 3 stars magic wise

Or should I focus on summons?

Meteor used to be really popular, but I don't hear about people crafting/honing it anymore. It's as powerful as a Summon-4 ability, but with more uses and only a single hit. Back when I had to decide between Flare and Meteor, I chose Flare and have gotten by without ever crafting Meteor. I don't see myself ever using it though, because Major Non-Elemental Orbs are fiercely competitive. So, I wouldn't recommend it, and would instead spend your Major Black and NE Orbs on the new Chain -aga spells.

I tried doing the Guardian with the proper mechanics, but the timing on wave cannon is rather annoying, so I opted to just blow everything up. I thought hones would be rougher than they were, but had plenty. Turns out I was supposed to dispel the launchers and not the cannon, so I'll have to do this again, but I've recorded the encounter below. Curada seems good, so I crafted it already. Can't hone it yet but, like many White abilities, it starts with 4 charges.

Guardian (Nightmare)

FFMafia

Meteor used to be really popular, but I don't hear about people crafting/honing it anymore. It's as powerful as a Summon-4 ability, but with more uses and only a single hit. Back when I had to decide between Flare and Meteor, I chose Flare and have gotten by without ever crafting Meteor. I don't see myself ever using it though, because Major Non-Elemental Orbs are fiercely competitive. So, I wouldn't recommend it, and would instead spend your Major Black and NE Orbs on the new Chain -aga spells.

I tried doing the Guardian with the proper mechanics, but the timing on wave cannon is rather annoying, so I opted to just blow everything up. I thought hones would be rougher than they were, but had plenty. Turns out I was supposed to dispel the launchers and not the cannon, so I'll have to do this again, but I've recorded the encounter below. Curada seems good, so I crafted it already. Can't hone it yet but, like many White abilities, it starts with 4 charges.

Guardian (Nightmare)

Thanks for that! I'll stick to the chains then. Summons I take it aren't as popular either?

ultra7k

going to be pulling on the FF II banner tonight in the hopes of getting some more synergy. I ended up using one of the reforge mote things on my FF II Wing Sword - which gives it a modest 204 atk when in realm so that's decent.

I also have Josef's suicde glove lol from way back in the day. It may have actually been my first 5*, causing me to use Josef who used to hit like a truck back in the early days of FFRK.

This current nightmare fight is giving me all kinds of fits. I want to nuke it, but I get the feeling I'll just have to ride out the storm and play hot potato. I'll try a couple more goes with the nuke route - got it down to about 50% last time - or maybe I'll try a combination hot potato/nuke method.

I forgot to do the FFVIII event. First time since Parade Float that I haven't completed an event. Whoops. Hopefully the accessory pops up again somewhere else.

ultra7k

Ugh, take that Guardian.

Never really use Eiko, but I egged her to 75. Her Flames of rebirth was MVP in this fight. Wouldn't have been able to win without it.

RW Selphie BSB, also key. Other than that, equipped fire-resist accessories and went to town on it - had to craft Bahamut R3. I've wanted to craft it for some time, but never really had a reason to until this fight. It's a little jarring when most summons (not Bahamut) and spells only hit for 1.4k or so pre-boost.

Not bad, but the fight was tedious, but a lot better than the RNG fight that we had to do last time. I absolutely did not want to play hot potato.

Balphon

Doing Soul Cannon the way it's intended was fun but lord did it take awhile.

Cheated a little and used Phantasm and Meltdown to push it into stage 2 faster and it still clocked in at 15+ minutes.

Friends, where is the best place to find detailed strategies for all of the nightmare bosses? I'm finally at a point where I can manage to face them, but it seems as though there are really specific strategies that people have uncovered that make these fights a lot less difficult.
http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com

Click the Events, Past Events, then scroll down to the appropriate banner. You'll find some strats and videos there.

going to be pulling on the FF II banner tonight in the hopes of getting some more synergy. I ended up using one of the reforge mote things on my FF II Wing Sword - which gives it a modest 204 atk when in realm so that's decent.

I also have Josef's suicde glove lol from way back in the day. It may have actually been my first 5*, causing me to use Josef who used to hit like a truck back in the early days of FFRK.

This current nightmare fight is giving me all kinds of fits. I want to nuke it, but I get the feeling I'll just have to ride out the storm and play hot potato. I'll try a couple more goes with the nuke route - got it down to about 50% last time - or maybe I'll try a combination hot potato/nuke method.
FFII event starts tomorrow FYI.

Also, I recommend trying the hot potato method. If you have a few native medicas, it's actually not difficult at all. Just requires some focus and patience.

I ended up brute forcing the nightmare with ninja Tyro and 2 summoners. With wall up the counters were weak and I was never in trouble of having anyone die.

I was going to try to hot potato it my first attempt but for some reason the cannon never revived once I killed it. Only the launchers would revive and in the end I ran out of hones so I ran away and changed my strategy.

Any good tips for the Meltdown Nightmare that don't involve honing the Chain abilities? That's the only one I wasn't able to beat last time around, but I don't have the orbs to hone those.

greyshark

U++ CM down - that was rough. Broke down and honed Chain Firaga to R3 to get me over the top. Beatrix's magic blink was essential, as was RW Wall to make the Bio attacks manageable.

Umm, how do you deal with that boss that can instant KO your entire party in a single turn...

Bring Instant KO resist accessories.

Czarcasm

The Curada Nightmare has been impossible for me, whatever I pass the target to passes it right back less than a second before the laser fires. This has happened 5 times in a row so far. I'm tempted to just use ninjas at this point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I tried it one more time after setting up instant KO gear (only had like 3 pieces) and of course he doesn't even cast death this time.

Any good tips for the Meltdown Nightmare that don't involve honing the Chain abilities? That's the only one I wasn't able to beat last time around, but I don't have the orbs to hone those.

If you have a native magic blink or two bring those characters. Also if within 3 element switches in phase 2 you don't get the ones needed for mastery s/l since you'll burn out on hones waiting for it. Sadly its just a hones battle which is why I didn't get mastery last time since two of my characters ran our of hones and were dead weight when I could have killed him.

WarAdept

Tiny Bee cares not for your game of hot potato

I realized this morning as I woke that using Ninja magic could've made this so so much easier. Lol, 2k Meltdown hits

Ur9SSBp.jpg

MrDaravon

Still not sure if I want to do a pull on one of the FF9 banners (my FF9 synergy is ass), the first FF2 banner (all I have is Minwu's Medica, but also FF2 isn't a common realm), or do another pull on Keeper's 2 to chase the Platinum Sword.

I really wanted to save for XII next week, my II synergy is terrible terrible, my 100 gems luck has been abysmal since they have been introduced. When pulling this time I told the game "Come one!" because this time, it could really freaking help me to get lucky.

ev7728v.pngm

Firion BSB...

^ Congrats on the Firion BSB, it's still one of the best in the game to date in Japan.

Got Leila's SSB from my 100 gems. Pretty pleased with that. :) I'm gonna do an 11 pull on banner 2 I think. I'll try for Firion's stuff during the next FFII event.

MrDaravon

I really wanted to save for XII next week, my II synergy is terrible terrible, my 100 gems luck has been abysmal since they have been introduced. When pulling this time I told the game "Come one!" because this time, it could really freaking help me to get lucky.

ev7728v.png

Firion BSB...

Grats! I haven't gotten anything from my 100-gem pull in a while :/

Still really dunno what I want to do. My XII synergy is already not terrible (I've got Vaan's BSB, Basch's Apocalypse Shield, and a couple slightly less noteworthy things) so even though everyone says Ashe's BSB is really good my XII synergy is okay enough where chasing just that seems foolish. I'm tempted to pull again on Keeper's 2 because having native Shout would give me huge versatility but I've got everything else on that banner except that, Bartz's Excalibur and Terra's Stardust Rod, so I don't like those odds.

Realistically I should probably pull on a FF9 or FF2 banner, but don't know which. Everyone says the FF2 stuff is pretty solid (especially Firion's), but I have jack shit for FF9 synergy and that comes up way more often.

Edit: On a related note, since G5 has hit how do people feel about cult of 3 at this point, is it a waste now with G5? Considering doing an 11-pull on one banner than a 3-pull on the other but not sure that's smart honestly.

Adeptrain

I really, really want Firion's burst! I have all his other relics, and the burst is calling me...but, gah! My one 11-pull gave me only one 5*(Thank gods for G5), and it was the healing staff...sigh. Resisting the urge to spend money.....ㅠㅠ

I'd say to anyone wanting to do a 3 pull, just do three individual pulls. If you get a 5* on your first or second try, I'd strongly consider stopping and saving yourself the 5 or 10 extra Mythril.

There's no reason to do all three at once, it doesn't provide any benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom