• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
S9SmUAH.jpg
Both new relics for me. And I got something for Snow which is what I wanted the most, so that's exciting. :)

The only drawback would be no synergy for III or FFT, both of which I need.

Xetherion

Got 4/11 on the Lucky Draw, all new relics for me! Desch's Sword, Hope's Airwing, Deneb Duellers, and Lightning's Peacemaker! Bosses weak to Lightning are gonna get murdered between Desch and Lightning lol. Also nice to have a native boostga for XIII CM's now.

I also got a 4* i've never seen before, which is amazing since i've been playing since Week 1. A Survival Vest (IX), which is very welcome as my IX synergy is pretty low especially armor-wise.

Czarcasm

2tkQ9Znl.png

Was hoping for a XIII burst, but I suppose this is okay.
Got another III weapon, got a non-shield Agrias relic (I have 3 5++ Kaiser Shields), Got an AoE stun for Snow, got a native hastega for III, only dupe was the Binding Rod.

Anustart

Wasn't XIII included in the last Realm lucky? This XIII madness really has to end. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Although I'm gonna pull anyway, even though I don't care about 3 or 13 synergy. Half price is half price.

Edit: I love the sb I already have for lightning. No charge time on next 2 attacks? works great with anything.
Edit 2: I always try to talk myself out of pulling because of what I already have, I won't stop myself this time, I'm pulling!

Falk

that puzzling face
Unless you literally can't use all the 5*s (even as stat sticks) 25 Mythril for a skunk is a far better bargain than 50 Mythril for a skunk.

Anustart

Unless you literally can't use all the 5*s (even as stat sticks) 25 Mythril for a skunk is a far better bargain than 50 Mythril for a skunk.

Best news is you can't skunk anymore. 1 5 star guaranteed better than nothing guaranteed.

1/11 isn't a skunk in my book, even if a dupe!

Edit: Here goes nothin'

Got junk. Royal Sword and Glaive. Have better for each character, blah. I skunked on guaranteed lul.

Edit: Unless Royal sword has better chance to interrupt than dismissal.

MrDaravon

Oh snap, I thought this lucky draw was either full priced or didn't have G5, dunno what I was thinking. Off to pull!

Edit: Well this was certainly unexpected!

cCFG3MX.png

No SSB/BSB's. On the other hand I have literally zero FF3 synergy outside of the handful of unique 4* equipment that drops via story dungeons that's for the Core characters (the super super old stuff like Gaia Vest) so I will definitely take stat sticks there, and looking on reddit it seems like the Holy Wand is fairly well regarded because the RES up stacks with SG and some other stuff. Not really sure how useful Desch's Sword is outside of RS compared to the other mages and mage gear I have unless the en-thunder effect on it is ridiculously good or something maybe.

Airwing seems fucking terrible, especially since I already have Hope's SSB.

Maximillian seems pretty solid although I'm not sure that I'd really run Delita outside of FFT for RS purposes or some hyper-specific need for that SB, but still good to have for armor synergy if nothing else. Same for the armband, it's solid for stat-stick purposes if nothing else but I already have Ramza's BSB so not sure that I'd really ever use this outside of needing the interrupt or something. I already had a couple pieces of FFT stuff (Spellbinder, Spellbinder+, Iga Blade & Kaiser Shield) but I'll certainly take some more.

Can't complain for 25 mythril!

I'm super excited for the FF9 banner 1. Although, I'm a bit trepidatious as I already have Kuja's En-Dark Glove and a reforged Wizard Rod. Knowing my luck, I'll get 3 rainbows and be super excited only for them to be one of each of those and a crappy off-banner generic.

One relic:
Corps Field Uniform (XIII).
That brings me to four pieces of natural 5* light armour now.

I do have the SSB for Lightning so en-Lighting (no really that is all it does, shortly after DeNA figured out there needs to be other effects) could get some use in those occasions where you find yourself with a full 3 bars of SB...yeah not going to happen much.

Razmos

Got Ramza's BSB and Cid Raines' SSB (holy magic damage to all enemies plus imperil holy). Interesting to get a fist weapon with magic

I could make an all holy team at this point and it would be OP as fuck lol. Cecil Burst + Ramza Burst + Cid SSB = Dead

It's also my third unique relic for Ramza. Between pulling him as a premium unit on Exvius on Monday and getting his BSB today, the world really wants me to finally play tactics lol

I got some garbage soul break for a nobody from FF3. Blah! At least I've been disciplined this time around with my mythril after missing out on the BSB fest. I'm only going to pull on the FFXIII-2 banner, and then I'm hoarding until the OSB fest.

On the lucky draw I pulled Fang's Burst, Ingus' SSB, and Refia's thrown weapon. Not bad, I must say.

Also, screw that Zombie Dragon. He just did so much damage. Oddly enough, Aerith was able to solo his third form during one of my runs. With her Burst and Knight's Charge RM, she was doing consistent healing and getting her Burst back every 3 actions. it was pretty hilarious.

Do Imperil abilities stack?

Ex: An enemy is neutral to Wind. Using Faris's Imperil Wind SSB on it will bring the enemy down to 20% weak to Wind for 25s. If the enemy is hit with the SSB again before that time is up, will they drop down another level in resistance and become 100% weak to Wind?

Ex: An enemy is neutral to Wind. Using Faris's Imperil Wind SSB on it will bring the enemy down to 20% weak to Wind for 25s. If the enemy is hit with the SSB again before that time is up, will they drop down another level in resistance and become 100% weak to Wind?

No, but I think it should given how many resistance tiers there are. I also think that if an enemy takes 100% extra damage because they're weak, imperil should still increase it to 120%, but weakness is already capped, unfortunately. Future D250 bosses start mildly weak to a given element, so imperil will still be effective when we get those.

Pejo

Was kinda hesitant on pulling on this lucky, but said what the heck and did it anyways. Got 3/11 5*, Hope's SSB and BSSB and Refia's healer staff. Not sure if either of them are worthwhile, since I never use healers or mages in my party, but I won't scoff at another BSSB in the arsenal.

Hope's BSB is amazing (it singlehandedly made the FF7 U++ a damn joke). En-Holy w/ 4-hit Holy command attack. His SSB is a Holy attack too, iirc. So they work well together (although it's probably better to just keep using his BSB).

Just redownloaded this game after uninstalling over a year ago. Interace seems much improved. Currently going through the FF7 event getting a few characters I missed (Barret and Cid).

Any tips for someone just getting back into it?

I quit before because my profile was always just able to 100% most events at the time and keeping up with the Joneses at that level burnt me out. Hoping now to just have fun, listen to classic tunes, and enjoy the solid battle system.

Pejo

Hope's BSB is amazing (it singlehandedly made the FF7 U++ a damn joke). En-Holy w/ 4-hit Holy command attack. His SSB is a Holy attack too, iirc. So they work well together (although it's probably better to just keep using his BSB).

Oh, that's interesting...I might actually bring it then. I've been avoiding the U+'s for a long time now since I just play this game super casually, but I really want to try to get that MC3.

Balphon

No, like other debuffs, imperil effects do not stack with themselves (or, for that matter, with other imperil effects). The newer effect simply overwrites the existing one.

Also, like Atrophy said, there aren't actually "tiers" of resistance, the game uses an integer value for it ranging from -10 to 20.

Enemies will generally only ever have five starting values:

-10 (100% Absorb)
0 (No damage.)
5 (50% Damage)
10 (100% Damage)
20 (200% Damage)

-10 - -1 = Absorb (100% Absorb - 10% Absorb)
0 = Null (0% Damage)
1 - 9 = Resist (10% Damage - 90% Damage)
10 = Normal (100% Damage)
11 - 20 = Weak (110% Damage - 200% Damage)

Imperil raises the value by 2. So, since normal damage is 10 (100% damage), with an imperil effect the value is 12 (120% damage). If the enemy is immune to the element (0), it raises the value to 2 (20% damage).

Since the maximum value is 20, using imperil on a weak enemy does nothing.

Falk

that puzzling face
Imperil raises the value by 2. So, since normal damage is 10 (100% damage), with an imperil effect the value is 12 (120% damage).

One of the more subtle side effects of this is even if you're only doing 20% more damage on a normal case, you're getting the full +50% SB gauge generation for hitting a vulnerability.

As usual, I underestimated the amount of mythril I'd earn from this dungeon update. I only need the mythril from tomorrow's event and the login bonus to cover my next pull, so I went ahead and did the lucky draw tonight. Got Desch's enthunder sword, which is my first magic sword and my second envelop effect (first was Papalymo's enice SSB). I've got two of Luneth's unique swords, Ingus's hastega shield, Arc's +RES party cure staff, and now Desch's enthunder sword, so my FF3 synergy is starting to shape up.

thedan001

3 Barret's Bracer in a 11 pull on 2nd FF7 banner

Now it's Barret's Bracer++

Just redownloaded this game after uninstalling over a year ago. Interace seems much improved. Currently going through the FF7 event getting a few characters I missed (Barret and Cid).

Any tips for someone just getting back into it?

I just came back after 2 years, lol. I've researched meta teams and focusing on my A team now with each member from different realm, the tricky part is knowing which abilities to create and hone first. Check out the hall of rites, it makes unlocking characters much easier. Difficulty 120-140 are do-able without issues for me now, 160 is usually rough, however, I'm getting there. Relic draws guarantee a 5* relic, so that's easier to catch up with, Keeper's Choice vol. 2 is a great choice but that banner is up for a year, so no rush to pull from that and look at limited time ones for BSB/OSB items that are recommended to have.

Ah Ultimate++ Diamond Weapon. Used typical Hope RW strategy. So I bought steal power thinking that would still work while the core was closed. It does not. Diamond Weapon decided to make a point of spamming Stamp Out most attempts after that. MVP: Reraise from Aerith's SSB.

I'd have been better off having Yufie with a ninja scroll to get the battle over with more quickly (I think I was down to <20% after the RWs ran out) or of course, the dancing power break or maybe even the mental break dance...

MiTYH

Did my lucky draw today, wound up with duplicate Paladin for Snow, and Peacemaker for Lightning. But also got a new Wyrmfang for Vanille!

100 gems, Kuja's Glove.

11 pulls:

lZLZocW.jpg

So happy!

However, I still have 0 melee weapon for IX and I had at least 2-3 pulls planned. Should I pull once again on banner 1 or pull on banner 2? I have 3 chances of a repeat on Banner 1 and 0 on Banner 2, but Beatrix BSB would be so great and the 50% attack from Quina is great too. However, no repeat on Banner 2 ans Beatrix SSB is still kicking ass...

I was hoping for one of the Bursts or the Golden Hairpin for CM Boostga, but I'm still very happy with this pull.
This helps fill a hole in my stacked FFIX synergy and gives me another good Bracer to use. The VI robe was just super random, and also a dupe.

5*+++ Ultima Sword (Sword, 290 ATK, Small chance to Sleep)
5*+++ Ultima Sword (Sword, 290 ATK, Small chance to Sleep)
5* Trident (Spear, 219 ATK, Small chance to Blind, En-Wind SSB)
5* Coral Sword (Sword, 195 ATK, Lightning Boost)
5* Cat's Claws (Fist, 194 ATK)
4*+++ Gladius (Dagger, 179 ATK)

5*+++ Wizard Rod (Rod, 284 MAG / 269 MND, Hastega w/ +RES SSB)
5* Dagger of Resolve (Dagger, 207 MAG / 191 MND, Lightning Boost)
5* Cypress Pile (Rod, 202 MAG, Small chance to Confuse)
5* Oak Staff (Rod, 201 MAG)

5* Kuja's Gloves (Bracer, 45 ATK / 45 MAG / 35 MND, En-Dark SB)
5* Kuja's Gloves (Bracer, 45 ATK / 45 MAG / 35 MND, En-Dark SB)
5* Power Sash (Light Armor, Shared Protectga)
5* Adamant Vest (Light Armor)
5* Black Robe (Robe)

Also, I now have my first Imperil+En Element combo with Faris's Imperil Wind SSB and Freya's En-Wind SSB. What can Freya use to take the best advantage of this? I normally have my Dragoons just use the Blood Jump combo.

Tidd

Got the consolation prize on this banner. For some reason I knew I would pull Steiner's Excalibur. And I got another FF VIII synergy weapon. :D
Also got two new 4++ items out of this.

I believe this will be my first try to CM something just because my FF IX synergy is sooo fucking good. Quinas HotE, the relics above, Zidane's SSB, Garnet's SSB and a 8* Ultima Sword. Too bad I don't have a medica for this. (I'm looking at you Eiko's BSB :( )

Is this everything Steiner has so far? <.< I believe Banner 2 has his Tin Armor but I don't know if we already got it on an earlier Banner. If I should go for Banner 2 you know what I will pull. lol

Kenai

Took a second pull, but between them I got Beatrix BSB which made me super happy. Not only is she one of my favorite FF characters but that Imperil Holy effect will be a disgusting combo with PCecil BSB.

Also got Frog Drop as one of the other items and already have Eiko and Garnet Hastegas so i feel like I should be in good shape for the CM stuff.

Adeptrain

100 gems, Kuja's Glove.

11 pulls:

lZLZocW.jpg

So happy!

However, I still have 0 melee weapon for IX and I had at least 2-3 pulls planned. Should I pull once again on banner 1 or pull on banner 2? I have 3 chances of a repeat on Banner 1 and 0 on Banner 2, but Beatrix BSB would be so great and the 50% attack from Quina is great too. However, no repeat on Banner 2 ans Beatrix SSB is still kicking ass...

Congrats! I'm in the same situation as you! 3 repeats on the first banner, but Beatrix's BSB would be so so nice!

Edit: screw it! I know better, but I'm gonna chase that relic!

Edit2: garnets rod, the comb, and soldier breastplate O_O..... Sigh. I give up.

Oh, wow. Did I miss a notification? Bunch of new MC2 are redeemable in the Hall of Rites. I don't believe these were out in the Japanese version until the upcoming Festival of Gold. Below are the new ones:

Gordon
Leila
Ricard
Josef
Desch
Tellah
FuSoYa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom