• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow. Did I miss a notification? Bunch of new MC2 are redeemable in the Hall of Rites. I don't believe these were out in the Japanese version until the upcoming Festival of Gold. Below are the new ones:

Gordon
Leila
Ricard
Josef
Desch
Tellah
FuSoYa
Yeah, they announced it last week.

Just got the last RM I needed from the batch to drop today.

WarAdept

Oh, wow. Did I miss a notification? Bunch of new MC2 are redeemable in the Hall of Rites. I don't believe these were out in the Japanese version until the upcoming Festival of Gold. Below are the new ones:

Gordon
Leila
Ricard
Josef
Desch
Tellah
FuSoYa

Yeah they were released the same time they announced the MC3 from the VII bonus battles.

That's the last of the 65's. Onwards to 80/99!

greyshark

Diamond Weapon CM down - Sheepsong RW was quite useful here. Had Aerith's reraise Medica and 2 shared medicas to help keep me topped off - ran out of Cait Sith dances by the end but had enough magic to finish the job. Not bad considering my only VII Rod was the ancient full metal staff.

Balphon

Gordon
Leila
Ricard
Josef
Desch
Tellah
FuSoYa

They added all the remaining non-core ones along with the first MC3 set.

Did an 11x on the FFIX banner despite my better judgement and got Eiko's BSB and Garnet's SSB. I'm not unhappy about it, but... those were probably the two relics I wanted the least. I really need better physical weapons for FFIX, already had Garnet's and I just got Aeris's BSB from the FF7 banner. Oh well.

NVnsINv.png

Yeah, they announced it last week.

Just got the last RM I needed from the batch to drop today.

I see. Also, I am jealous of your RM drop luck. I always use characters whose RM hasn't dropped for me yet, but I still have about eight characters I'm still working on before this newest batch and the MC3 stuff.

So, I have the mythril to pull on this current event, but I noticed that next week is FF2. While I love FF9 and there are excellent relics that I desire, FF2 is still a critically weak area while still having really excellent relics as well, so I'm going to pull on that instead. What I haven't decided yet is which banner I'll go for.

I see. Also, I am jealous of your RM drop luck. I always use characters whose RM hasn't dropped for me yet, but I still have about eight characters I'm still working on before this newest batch and the MC3 stuff.
I have been pretty lucky with RMs. I'm all caught up actually, not counting the ones from Lv99 characters. (Seeing that screen littered with characters now after keeping it consistently empty this whole time is gonna irk me a bit.) I always tried to burn off any small amounts of stamina right before bed, if possible, by running the first stage of the Underground Waterway in the FFIV realm with any characters that needed to drop RMs still. Got quite a few that way.

LucaMac

I just realised I was running a very similar FF2 party in both Japan and global trying to get RMs to drop. In Global it's due to them just getting their MC2s and in Japan it's because there's a FF2 event and they need leveling and Joseph needs to drop his FF2 only RM. I only realised when I got confused and went to take Ricard out of my party in global because his RM dropped in Japan... I'd depleted all stamina so I was going back after a few hours. Serious confusion.

In other news The Emperor just arrived in Japan land.

I have been pretty lucky with RMs. I'm all caught up actually, not counting the ones from Lv99 characters. (Seeing that screen littered with characters now after keeping it consistently empty this whole time is gonna irk me a bit.) I always tried to burn off any small amounts of stamina right before bed, if possible, by running the first stage of the Underground Waterway in the FFIV realm with any characters that needed to drop RMs still. Got quite a few that way.

Ugh I know that feel about all the level 99 RMs, I wish you could filter the lvl 99 RMs out so I can see the remaining random drop ones I need to get.

thedan001

Managed to barely win Dragon Zombie + with 2 KO'd, giving me an expert rating

I was after the MC3 lode, the consensus is Luneth for the 2x exp +40% chance?

I know I need exp badly, so many characters I need to level and catch up

Kenai

F*** the event trash zombie roulette thing :( Had to reset like 4 times already, don't wanna reset this much before the CM lol

FFMafia

So is chain firaga worth honing if all I can afford to home is that in terms of 5 stars? Only 5 stars I have honed are saints cross and full break, both rank 2. Just got it in fix event .

Did an 11 pull too. 5/6 to get anything new, but got the only dupe off the banner. Another freaking Wizard Rod. I'll be waiting for OSB fest then.
I got Relm and Palom's RM. Four people in my party is ready to get double exp on Sunday.

Hit 50 mythril and felt the urge. Three sparkles, going to get something great....first off banner xiii purge robe something I had no clue existed, second kujas glove ok, third another kuja glove.

Sigh. I guess I have a new top bangle to use in most realms at least....I am so weak

Razmos

I'm having a lot of problems playing this game recently and it's killing my motivation to play.

It was working absolutely fine on this phone (which is new) until the most recent big update, and now it constantly crashes, error messages everywhere, the game sometimes won't start and just hangs on a black screen forever.

It's happened multiple times today just trying to do the last elite dungeon in the FF9 event, I keep having to reset because of the instant death zombies, and then the game won't start back up at all.

Getting really sick of it now.

I'm having a lot of problems playing this game recently and it's killing my motivation to play.
Some things you probably tried:
-Try deleting the application cache.
-If IOS beta or newest version of IOS tends to be a bad idea when it comes to compatibility.
-The errors; were these google account errors? Those seem to happen from time to time for some reason but don't usually persist too long. Also deleting application cache can help with them.

I have Chain Blizzaga at R3 and enough MBO to do Chain Firaga and Chain Thundaga to R3. However, after that I will be dry when it comes to MBO for a while. Not sure if I want to keep any of them at R2 only for any future Chain spells or something else I am not aware of yet.

Razmos

Some things you probably tried:
-Try deleting the application cache.
-If IOS beta or newest version of IOS tends to be a bad idea when it comes to compatibility.
-The errors; were these google account errors? Those seem to happen from time to time for some reason but don't usually persist too long. Also deleting application cache can help with them.
I didn't try deleting the cache, but I just did and now it's even worse :(
And I'm on android.

The errors are game errors, not Google errors

EDIT: ah never mind, I deleted the cache from the phone itself which made things a bit wonky. Deleted the cache again from the game itself and now it's running fine. Thanks

LucaMac

About to have one more go a the FFVII CM as I think I've my setup optimised to use with a decent Hope BSSB friend. For anyone who wants to do the same I'm changing my Shout to Hope for the night if you need one. Optimised for FFVII with a reforged bangle. I only got the BSSB in the realm lucky draw so he hasn learned it yet and has to have the relic on him in his weapon slot. Not too bad though as he's got +10 magic for his SSB and most damage will be from the commands so its not the end of the world. Here it is if you need it anyway. Best of luck. 9fRE

WarAdept

Praying that I get Vivi's BSB.
I won't get it.

I have enough MBO to hone all the rest of the upcoming Chain -aga's to R3. Really I just want my entire equipped abilities list to be gold/red before a battle. Protectga/Shellga ruins this.

NIFoxNz.jpg

So the first Ultimate+++ was a little easy for me, oops.

I was actually going to skip it but then I figured "uh, I have like every good crazy relic, let's combo them."

While I was hoping for maybe getting a few melee weapons and utility SBs for IX, I got Hamelin in one 11 pulls and I hesitated for days about banner 2, but I really wanted to try for Ragnarok. Welp:

QgXylg8.jpg

Got the 2 relics I wanted the most with Hamelin and Beatrix SSB with the minimum of 11 pulls possible. Now to save for XII and hope that I am good on IX for a while!

greyshark

I have Chain Blizzaga at R3 and enough MBO to do Chain Firaga and Chain Thundaga to R3. However, after that I will be dry when it comes to MBO for a while. Not sure if I want to keep any of them at R2 only for any future Chain spells or something else I am not aware of yet.

I'm a bit of a hoarder I will admit, but I haven't honed any of my 5* abilities past R2. At least to this point I've found an R2 5* paired with an R4 4* skill is plenty to get through a fight - especially if I have a SB.

The end result is I'm still swimming in major orbs - I've appreciated having the flexibility in being able to hone a new skill for a Nightmare or U+.

The U++ hits hard, (those AoE Bios) but Vivi's BSB literally melts him. Took me a couple tries to get the timing right, but got the CM Mastered.

My FFIX melee synergy is really lacking though, I'll probably have to pull on the next FFIX event to bolster it a bit.

100 gem pull. off banner black hood, so at least its useful for the banner realm i guess.

I do not need any more IX armor:
black hood
hypnocrown+
power sash
adamant vest light armor
thunder gloves
kuja gloves+

Took the CM down on my first try using Tyro BSB as my RW. Totally forgot the Fire weakness medals requirement, though. Will just redo it with my A-team for mastery I think!

Kenai

CM and Mastery done in one go. Got a bit sketchy towards the end when Quina died to that AoE spam, hits really gd hard even with full mitigation and near full breakdowns. Beatrix BSB at the start allowed Steiner to whomp the twins for 9999x2 Saint Crosses though, and ~8k slashes from her own Bulwark Blade. Pretty cheesy.

Adeptrain

I haven't even touched the extra missions yet. I've been running the exp dungeons over and over again to level up my characters. AND, I got my first lvl 80!! Yay! My Warrior of Light is now 80, and still refuses to give me his third RM, mighty light...light might? Might of light? Anyway!! No third RM, even though I've used him enough to level him to 80!!!

I couldn't clear the U++ with an FF9 party. With different setups, I either had too little healing, too little damage, or too little mitigation. I feel like if I had either a native group cure or hastega, then I'd be able to clear it, but right now I'm only able to get to 20% before losing steam or getting bio'd to death before that point. Tempted to pull, but I've already decided that I'm spending my mythril next week. I will keep trying on and off throughout the week, and maybe I'll get some favorable RNG conditions or stumble upon a stronger party setup. Recorded the bonus battles.

Friends in Need (Ultimate)
Monster in the Deep (Ultimate +)
A Promise of Friendship (Ultimate ++)
A Promise of Friendship (Ultimate ++) - Cid Mission

Whatever. I couldn't resist and pulled Excalibur and Kuja's Gloves. Neither were huge game changers, but they gave me enough of a synergy edge to clear the Cid Mission. Happy to finally have a relic for a darkness mage, even if it couldn't shine for this particular encounter. Guess I should finally hone Dark Zone and Memento Mori. It's also my second black mage SB, which is kind of pathetic since I'm a week 2 veteran. Disappointed with the damage from Steiner's SSB, but maybe I need to try it in a record that I have good heavy armor in. 3/4 Excaliburs, I believe. Missing Pretty Cecil's. Appended my CM clear above.

Wazzy

Banned
My IX synergy is shit so I had to do a pull. I got Freya's trident and Beatrix's Lightbringer. Beatrix is my favourite character from IX so I'm cool with that. I still don't have a lot of gear but a BSB should be helpful.

MrDaravon

As someone with practically no FF9 synergy (I have Vivi's SSB and Garnet's Asura's Rod...) which banner would be better for me to spend all my mythril on for an 11 pull? I have a native wall (SG) and multiple medicas already if that matters, along with two native hastegas (via Kefka and Echo). Debating if I should pull on a FF9 banner or do another pull on Keeper Volume 2 for the Platinum Sword or other stuff on it I still don't have.

WarAdept

CM Meltigemini

Wow okay. It would've required an insane about of RNG luck to do a non BSB run with my gear. Even with DG added to standard mitigation (no wall), there isn't much you can do against back to back AoE Bio.

Enter Vivi BSB RW. Between Kuja spamming Command 1 and Vivi spamming Meltdown, Melti didn't last long.

HMxqkOR.jpg

Pejo

I tried about 5-6 times to clear the VII U++ for the MC3, but I just couldn't outlast all that damage that the shadow dragon could do, especially the Pandora's box thing.

There's no way I'll be able to do this IX one either, unless it's way easier. My IX weapon synergy blows, but I don't really like any of the weapons on these banners other than Ogre and Beatrix's newest one. Not sure I want to blow 50 Mythril on it though.

I'm genuinely impressed that people can beat these so easily. I thought I had that VII one in the bag with all my synergy and a few BSB's, shout, SG, etc.

I guess I need to look at my strategy and work on hones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom