• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xetherion

Black Crystals are extremely rare though (the rarest of all types to date, alongside Summon), you can't even get Meltdown to R2 in Japan yet unless you subject yourself to absolutely insane grinding.

Once Sabin's 40%+ Monk Damage RM is released, Lifebane really becomes something special.

Hmm, might hone Lifebane once that happens then.

I got my NINTH FF6 4* Crystal Helm from the 100 gem pull lol.

I have no 5++ gear, but I have a decent amount of 4++ stuff but nothing has really stuck out at me as something that I should reforge but I'm sitting on three of these goddamn Crystal Helm++'s, maybe I should just do these >_>.

You should definitely reforge the Crystal Helms. At 4+++ without RS they're about on par with older 5* bangles, and with RS they are far superior.

My 11 pull got me an off banner Emerald Bracer (X), and Josef's Bracers. Really wanted Guy's relic but it comes back twice so I'll have more shots at it.

The Bracers alongside Leila's Thief's Gloves will be very useful. Thankfully there's some good fist users in FFII to share the Bracers.

MrDaravon

You should definitely reforge the Crystal Helms. At 4+++ without RS they're about on par with older 5* bangles, and with RS they are far superior.

Yeah I'll probably wait until we get another FF6 event. The problem is I don't have a TON of 4++ stuff, and 90% of what I have I would never use or need even with RS honestly, it's virtually all on realms I'm already drowning in native 5/5+ RS for.

Ok, mastered the FF2 CM on my first try. The fight is annoying with all the characters getting confused... Reflect on the boss at the start of the fight surely helped keeping mitigation up throughout the fight without missing too much. For most characters, I spammed abilities that cannot miss like Lifesiphon and Pound.

The Ultimates were pretty simple, and each was completed on the first try. The only annoying thing is how many times you'll miss against The Emperor and Lamia Queen, even if you cast reflect on them before they blink themselves.

Anyway, I'm happy to play through another FFII event finally, and to come away from it with a couple nice relics, even if neither were what I was aiming for.

Maybe the debuff banner is delayed until tomorrow???

I totally slept in and missed the FFIX++ Ultimate dungeon. Oh well, my synergy was shit anyway.
Onion banner is not that far away. My luck hasn't been very good. Will try at least one pull.

Today was a good day for me. I pulled in 3 games (OPTC, FFRK and FFBE) and got something good in all of them :D.

HYsRsRg.png

A damage-dealing SSB w/ 40% Medica on a non-WM who can Lifesiphon? New strongest uncombined relic at 131 Non-RS ATK? Why, don't mind if I do!

This also goes nicely with my only other FF2 relic (Leila's Hastega). :D

I think I'll try running Josef, Leila, Gordon, Maria and Minwu for my CM team on Thursday with a Celes RW.

WarAdept

FFII CM U+

This has been the most infuriating CM ever. It's not hard, you're not in any danger of dying from any burst damage spikes. The constant status effects on top of the boss casting Blink on itself which even works when the spell is Reflected means you spend 1/3 of the battle smacking sense into your teammates from Sleep/Confusion, another 1/3 missing and the last 1/3 is actually hitting the stupid snake.

l7u5SIY.jpg

FFII U++

Same as the last FFVIII bonus battles. AoE pew pew.

8HJrKzN.jpg

EDIT: Wee! More fun stuff!

Bq22Fpf.jpg

MrDaravon

I totally forgot to do the U+++(?) FF9 battle. God damn it lol. Every couple of months I always do this, I get to that battle and it's late or I don't have the time to setup and try whatever hard battle so I put it down and forget to go back to it -_-. Mostly annoying just because of any 6* crystals I've missed this way, I'd have to check but I don't think I could craft Meltdown even if I wanted to, but I also wasn't able to clear the U++ battles for a good while so I know I missed some because of that. Ah well.

The Black Knights for Ultimate++ was easy. Multi-break, Ramza's BSB + Shout destroys them so fast. Queen Lamia gave me more problems with her status effects.

Cloud got my 2nd MC3. No idea who to use my third one on.

ultra7k

Took down that stupid Lamia CM mission after a few tries. Got real close a few times but ran out of hones.

Really, really did not want to hone Flare to R3. Thankfully after 3 or so pulls on the first II banner I had fairly good synergy for this realm. Combine that with re-forging the Wing Sword made a difference.

Firion - spammed Life Siphon and Pound
Leila - Thief's Revenge and Life Siphon (had reflect casted on her - TR when low) - Used her SSB when it was available.
Maria - Flare and Reflect (Reflect on Lamia opening round, follow up with Reflect on Leila) - Used SSB Thunder XVI when available.
Minwu - Bouncing Diaga off Leila and Curada where necessary. Will of the White Mage as needed.
Gordon - Full Break and Protectga.

RW was Shout.

If it wasn't for a final cast of Thunder XVI I might have wiped. Sure it would have been easier with Flare R3, but I wanted to conserve orbs as much as possible.

Took down that stupid Lamia CM mission after a few tries. Got real close a few times but ran out of hones.

Really, really did not want to hone Flare to R3. Thankfully after 3 or so pulls on the first II banner I had fairly good synergy for this realm. Combine that with re-forging the Wing Sword made a difference.

Firion - spammed Life Siphon and Pound
Leila - Thief's Revenge and Life Siphon (had reflect casted on her - TR when low) - Used her SSB when it was available.
Maria - Flare and Reflect (Reflect on Lamia opening round, follow up with Reflect on Leila) - Used SSB Thunder XVI when available.
Minwu - Bouncing Diaga off Leila and Curada where necessary. Will of the White Mage as needed.
Gordon - Full Break and Protectga.

RW was Shout.

If it wasn't for a final cast of Thunder XVI I might have wiped. Sure it would have been easier with Flare R3, but I wanted to conserve orbs as much as possible.

I setup my Maria similarly, though I regret doing so. Lamia is so evasive by default that physical attacks miss pretty frequently anyway. I should've made her second slot a Chain spell and dropped the Raw Power RM in favor of Devotion because her Flares were only hitting for 5.5k-ish compared to Minwu's 7.5k Holy bombs. Then I could've setup Leon as a dark mage, because I do have some swords with MAG on them, and then giving Pound/Lifesiphon to Leila. This was also the first time I tried out Curada, and was thoroughly impressed and plan on honing it first.

ultra7k

I setup my Maria similarly, though I regret doing so. Lamia is so evasive by default that physical attacks miss pretty frequently anyway. I should've made her second slot a Chain spell and dropped the Raw Power RM in favor of Devotion because her Flares were only hitting for 5.5k-ish compared to Minwu's 7.5k Holy bombs. Then I could've setup Leon as a dark mage, because I do have some swords with MAG on them, and then giving Pound/Lifesiphon to Leila. This was also the first time I tried out Curada, and was thoroughly impressed and plan on honing it first.

Wow, it was near opposite for me - Maria was hitting for or near cap on Flares (when Lamia was hit with full break) and Minwu was hitting for around 5k.

Firion was hitting for around 8-9k when shout and breakdown were in effect using Pound, though he was the first to die. When he went down I seriously wondered if I could finish the fight considering he had about 2 uses left on life siphon.

Leila's SSB was doing about 4k per hit which was a life saver.

Wow, it was near opposite for me - Maria was hitting for or near cap on Flares (when Lamia was hit with full break) and Minwu was hitting for around 5k.

Firion was hitting for around 8-9k when shout and breakdown were in effect using Pound, though he was the first to die. When he went down I seriously wondered if I could finish the fight considering he had about 2 uses left on life siphon.

Leila's SSB was doing about 4k per hit which was a life saver.

What kind of MAG did your Maria had? Mine was 392 with Werebuster, a MAG-leaning sage rod with shared group Cura, off-record hat, and +MAG accessory. Minwu had about the same, but for MND. The difference being that he had Desert Bloom RM for +20% MND. I expect Maria would've hit for about 8k if she had Devotion instead, because Flare has a slightly higher potency than Holy. Full medals compared to the one damage and speed lost during my initial clear (at least, I think that's what it was).

Scratch that. Maria had a Confus-resist accessory, not a MAG one.

And it was only one stamina so I just tried something similar to what I pondered, though instead of a Chain spell I gave Maria Meltdown, which was exactly enough to finish the fight (and with 00 left on Leon's Memento Mori timer). It was a breezier, faster encounter when everybody except Gordon can consistently damage the boss. Even Leon was doing like 10k per Dark Zone cast, which ain't shabby for a dark knight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are we at the point where you can't brute force bosses anymore?

The Royal Seduction keeps sleeping all my guys, so I spend more turns trying to wake them than attacking. I don't even know what I can do to "anti-sleep" on a group level.

The other annoying part of this fight is that she has two ST attacks that have a 24% chance to sleep and a 33% chance to confuse respectively, as well as a AoE attack with a 12% chance to sleep. Better hope RNG is on your side.
Wow. That's just terrible.

ultra7k

What kind of MAG did your Maria had? Mine was 392 with Werebuster, a MAG-leaning sage rod with shared group Cura, off-record hat, and +MAG accessory. Minwu had about the same, but for MND. The difference being that he had Desert Bloom RM for +20% MND. I expect Maria would've hit for about 8k if she had Devotion instead, because Flare has a slightly higher potency than Holy. Full medals compared to the one damage and speed lost during my initial clear (at least, I think that's what it was).

Scratch that. Maria had a Confus-resist accessory, not a MAG one.

And it was only one stamina so I just tried something similar to what I pondered, though instead of a Chain spell I gave Maria Meltdown, which was exactly enough to finish the fight (and with 00 left on Leon's Memento Mori timer). It was a breezier, faster encounter when everybody except Gordon can consistently damage the boss. Even Leon was doing like 10k per Dark Zone cast, which ain't shabby for a dark knight.

Maria had 495 mag plus Witch of Succession and Minwu had 466 Mnd. I don't have Holy crafted. Just Diaga.

Running Leon that way seems more effective. He kept missing 50% of his Saints cross when I tried to run him in earlier tries which was annoying. Was also doing less dmg than yours.

FFMafia

Are we at the point where you can't brute force bosses anymore?

The Royal Seduction keeps sleeping all my guys, so I spend more turns trying to wake them than attacking. I don't even know what I can do to "anti-sleep" on a group level.

Wow. That's just terrible.

I didn't CM the battle but I definitely went physical, figured I'd force myself with two physical bsbs (cloud and Locke) with p sizzle's ssb since he's holy along with a saints cross. I had a few accessories/gear that were either minor or moderate in sleep and confuse and that really helped a lot. Only got maybe 6-7 debuffs put on me total.

Kain

I've been out for a while, but still

- FFIX CM and extra battles mastered. My IX synergy is off the roof so they were very easy

- FFII extra battles mastered, no CM. The U++ with Cecil's BSSB was just too easy

- Cecil's BSSB breaks the game, definetely

- I'm planning on doing the two last nightmares later today. For the curada one I think I'll try the Sephiroth's BSSB method, I'm not spending 15 turns of hot potato, no fucking way xD

Adeptrain

So, I'm currently playing World of final Fantasy and Ffrk is a great collab! I really really hope global gets the collab too! Seeing chibi WOL is great :)

thedan001

- I'm planning on doing the two last nightmares later today. For the curada one I think I'll try the Sephiroth's BSSB method, I'm not spending 15 turns of hot potato, no fucking way xD

I have seph's bsb too, how does it work for curada boss?

Cecil's BSB was one of my first draw's after coming back to the game recently and I agree, it definitely helped me clear harder content with subpar teams with cecil bsb carrying them through everything

I have seph's bsb too, how does it work for curada boss?

Cecil's BSB was one of my first draw's after coming back to the game recently and I agree, it definitely helped me clear harder content with subpar teams with cecil bsb carrying them through everything

I cleared curada with sephiroth bsb as the rw. The attack command ignores defense, with Beatrix I was hitting for 2x5700 each time, most of which was on the main target not the launchers.

LucaMac

New Japan dailies are insane. Magic pots are now guaranteed Majors. 3*s are a rare drop in the 40 stamina and you get an extra on free when they do. First full run of the Exdifficultdifficulty for me just there netted me 4*x12 5*x3 3*x6 That's right...3*s dropped exactly the same frequency (once per round on average) as Majors. Very possible that I was just very lucky but the rate up is still insane. Ran one 30 stamina round directly after...also got a Major. Every stage I've done of the new dailies has dropped a Major...nuts. Even beginner stages can drop them though pots are rarer I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom