• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

1/old man relic

nk2njR1.jpg

Razmos

Not bad. No dupes at all. I don't have any soul breaks for Gordon, Fran or Setzer so they are pretty good! I do have Wakka's Auroch's Reels though so his ball is a bit meh

Love that I finally have a weapon for Fran. Been wanting a reason to use her since I first got her in this game, and did quite a few pulls on this very bow I think.

Balphon

You could have gotten an off banner suicide Josef gauntlet

It's a lucky banner, that isn't in the pool.

No, it objectively was probably the worst possible result for me. :)

EDIT: I guess Whip Kick would have been worse since I already have a better SB for Fran and have even more FF12 synergy than I do FF14.

So it's the second worst possible result. Pull redeemed.

Would love the game to stop giving me regular SB FFT relics in Lucky Draws! There is not enough events to warrant that. If at least it was Aegis Shield, but it was Delita's Main Gauche. At least I got Fran Full Breakdown SSB to go with it, always wanted something for her! Now watch me pull her other SSB on Thursday!

Anustart

I got another Traitor's bow, be taking that up to an 8 star once I get a 5 star dark matter.

And Vaan's pyroclasm. Seems decent enough. Fran's bow is stout. I got that thing juiced up on rosetta stones already.

WarAdept

Not bad. No dupes at all. I don't have any soul breaks for Gordon, Fran or Setzer so they are pretty good! I do have Wakka's Auroch's Reels though so his ball is a bit meh

Love that I finally have a weapon for Fran. Been wanting a reason to use her since I first got her in this game, and did quite a few pulls on this very bow I think.

Wtf Cards and Flame Shield.

I'd kill for those.

Trade you my old man flail?

Good pull for me. Got Partisan (Freya), Kagenui (Vaan), Orichalcum (Zidane), and a duplicate Flame Shield (Gordon). This is the fourth time I've gotten four 5-star items in a single pull, though it hasn't happened since the second SSB Fest.

Huh... The SSBs on Kagenui and Orichalcum are almost identical. Kind of boring.

Balphon

My poor luck here just means I'm guaranteed to get Ashe's Defiance later this week.

Yep. Guaranteed.

That's totally how this works.

MrDaravon

I got Fran's Killer Bow and Mog's Heroic Scarf, neither of which I had. The bow seems okay and I had no relic at all for Fran so yay? The Scarf seems useless though as it does no damage, I'm guessing this was released before Multi-Break or whatever the dance full break move is called?

Oh, and I got my TENTH FF6 4* Crystal Helm. Can't make this shit up.

I got Fran's Killer Bow and Mog's Heroic Scarf, neither of which I had. The bow seems okay and I had no relic at all for Fran so yay? The Scarf seems useless though as it does no damage, I'm guessing this was released before Multi-Break or whatever the dance full break move is called?

Look again its attack and magic a large amount making it a unique idea which makes his heroic scarf a really strong pick up.

WarAdept

Both Killer Bow and Scarf is amazing. Both are Reverse Wall (-50% Atk/Mag) so it stacks with Multi Break/Full Break.

Anustart

I've gotten tons of those as well, and just about any 4 star. Is it special?

I got Fran's Killer Bow, Strago's Morning Star and Wakka's All Rounder. Unless Enlir's Database is wrong, Sabre Soul lowers Def and Res by 50%, but the in game text says by a small amount. 50% is a small amount?? o_O

I'm gonna Stack Fran and Strago together with Full Break. Just gotta figure out how to use them in my A team or make a new team around them.

WarAdept

I got Fran's Killer Bow, Strago's Morning Star and Wakka's All Rounder. Unless Enlir's Database is wrong, Sabre Soul lowers Def and Res by 50%, but the in game text says by a small amount. 50% is a small amount?? o_O

I'm gonna Stack Fran and Strago together with Full Break. Just gotta figure out how to use them in my A team or make a new team around them.

Yeah it's actually an alright SB and makes for a good stat stick. I think the relic is so old now, that DeNA can't be bothered to change the "small amount".

thedan001

I didn't take screenie on relic pull for these bows but I keep pulling 3 same relics in a 11 pull, it's annoying. It's happened for Steiner's Excalibur, and Cait Sith's megaphone and now Faris bow

I +++'d Steiner's Excalibur and put it on Cecil for his sweet bsb spammage, too bad it wasn't 3x beatrix's haha

Don't forget I just came back after 2 years so I have all those realm dungeons for me to farm mythril to help catch up. My goal was 5-6 mythril from realms each day along with 1 mythril from login making it 50 mythril every 8 days, and I'm not halfway done with clearing dungeons in classic yet, elites will take forever

0uln4bYl.png

thedan001

That day where I bought a Buccaneer's Knife on accident trying to low bid on Mercurial Kriss for 3 000 000 Gil at the AH...

rofl, I blame it on the game's outdated UI design

as for FFRK, this is my first time doing mote dungeons. It says difficulty ??? but what would you guys say they are compared to? 120? 140? 160?

I feel confident being able to win (not CM since I only have just 1 team to work with for now)

Will save them up for onion knight dive

I'm not sure what to do with the plethora of bssb I have no (first world problems I know)

Vaan BSSB, Locke BSSB, Squall BSSB, and now Faris BSSB. Along with Ramza's shout I can basically field an entire team of strong debuff characters.

rofl, I blame it on the game's outdated UI design

as for FFRK, this is my first time doing mote dungeons. It says difficulty ??? but what would you guys say they are compared to? 120? 140? 160?

I feel confident being able to win (not CM since I only have just 1 team to work with for now)

Will save them up for onion knight dive

Beside Ifrit, if you can clear U+ you can clear Mote dungeons.

On what server were you in XI?

thedan001

Beside Ifrit, if you can clear U+ you can clear Mote dungeons.

On what server were you in XI?

Ifrit is harder? U+ is easy for me now, U++ I won diamond weapon and 4 black knights but I couldn't win FFIX 2 joker morph one

My triobox accounts were born in Midgardsormr then xferred to Slyph and now inactive in Asura. I played on and off from 2003 (JP import account) and last played in 2015, the ambuscade grind was the last straw for me

Ifrit is harder? U+ is easy for me now, U++ I won diamond weapon and 4 black knights but I couldn't win FFIX 2 joker morph one

My triobox accounts were born in Midgardsormr then xferred to Slyph and now inactive in Asura. I played on and off from 2003 (JP import account) and last played in 2015, the ambuscade grind was the last straw for me

Yup Ifrit is considerably harder. They toned it down after.

I was on Pandemonium from 2004 to 2012. Currently inactive on Asura too!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Huh, I got two debuff spears... one that is AoE debuff and one that is single target debuff. I guess that's good?

Also got two more of the Agrias shields... whee.

I didn't CM the battle but I definitely went physical, figured I'd force myself with two physical bsbs (cloud and Locke) with p sizzle's ssb since he's holy along with a saints cross. I had a few accessories/gear that were either minor or moderate in sleep and confuse and that really helped a lot. Only got maybe 6-7 debuffs put on me total.
I forgot I had the guy who gives blink to all party members, so I ended up using him. I don't know how you can do this normally without either a huge holy damage dealer or the ability to avoid physical attacks. It really was the most annoying fight I've had in this game in a while.

WarAdept

What the fuck at this II Mote CM. No chance at doing this normally, spent my entire lunch S/Ling this. My II synergy consists of 1 Wing Sword++ and Josef's Boostaga Gloves. I'm in trouble.

Going to have to go with Firion Flashing Blade cheese strat.

Not gonna lie I hadn't actually looked at their soul breaks yet. I'm assuming they are good?

Reverse Wall SB's. Atk/Mag down 40-50%. Stacks with Full Break/Breakdowns, etc, etc, etc.

Adeptrain

For the first time.. Ever, the lucky in lucky banner turned out to be true o_O

I got vaan's BSB dirk, mog's scarf, fang's partisan, and thebthe fake WOL blank blade.

I'm paranoid now that I don't have a chance in hell of pulling Ashe's BSB. ㅠㅠ

What the fuck at this II Mote CM. No chance at doing this normally, spent my entire lunch S/Ling this. My II synergy consists of 1 Wing Sword++ and Josef's Boostaga Gloves. I'm in trouble.

Going to have to go with Firion Flashing Blade cheese strat.
There's another low synergy strat too that's actually a bit easier, particularly if you have a magic sword, bow, dagger or axe.

Using Maria's BSB as a RW, equip Leon and Maria for MAG, Minwu healing, Gordon on support, and Firion or Ricard on sleep duty. Give Maria Meltdown and Chain Stonega, Leon Memento Mori and Dark Zone, Minwu Shellga and Curaja, Gordon Full and Mental Breakdown, and Firion/Ricard Sleep and Full Charge/A strong, single target Dragoon ability.

Maria uses the BSB and spams the AoE ability, then switches to her spells when it runs out, Leon starts with Memento Mori, casts the BSB, spams AoE, then ends with Dark Zone. Gordon alternates breaks on the Red Soul, Minwu does White Mage stuff, and Firion/Ricard sleeps the two ogres then attacks the Red Soul. (They'll have to recast sleep about 2/3 through the fight.)

WarAdept

There's another low synergy strat too that's actually a bit easier, particularly if you have a magic sword, bow, dagger or axe.

Using Maria's BSB as a RW, equip Leon and Maria for MAG, Minwu healing, Gordon on support, and Firion or Ricard on sleep duty. Give Maria Meltdown and Chain Stonega, Leon Memento Mori and Dark Zone, Minwu Shellga and Curaja, Gordon Full and Mental Breakdown, and Firion/Ricard Sleep and Full Charge/A strong Dragoon ability.

Maria uses the BSB and spams the AoE ability, then switches to her spells when it runs out, Leon starts with Memento Mori, casts the BSB, spams AoE, then ends with Dark Zone. Gordon alternates breaks on the Red Soul, Minwu does White Mage stuff, and Firion/Ricard sleeps the two ogres then attacks the Red Soul. (They'll have to recast sleep about 2/3 through the fight.)

Well fuck. I just spent 5 Samurai Motes on Firion.

I want my Motes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom