• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's coming on Sunday in Japan. And the banner is already on reddit. An OSB for Lann (Megamirage Odin) which is 100% death and has a higher damage multiplier if used with Reynn in the party.

Lann BSB which is fire based and physical
Reynn BSB which is ice based and magical
Along with SSB armours for both.

Banner also includes new (for us) relics for Sarah, Faris, Yuna and Lightning

That event lauched 12 hrs or so ago actually. It's a very short mini event.

friz898

Ok, first time I've run out of money since two Gold Fest/Fever/Events ago....

1. What is the current best way to farm money? I have every toon at 80, two at 99, and high hones up to Rank 5. In other words, I can do whatever is recommended.

2. When is the next Gold event?

My 11 pull had 2 Rank 5s. One was Mog's Heroic Scarf, the other was Fang's spear, but I had her better Rank 5 spear. (Sorry, don't have it in front of me to see which I'm talking about). My 100gem pull last night was just a wasted Rank 3 Shurken that I already have maxed.

.....Reforging made me go broke super fast. I hate being broke.

ultra7k

Ok, first time I've run out of money since two Gold Fest/Fever/Events ago....

1. What is the current best way to farm money? I have every toon at 80, two at 99, and high hones up to Rank 5. In other words, I can do whatever is recommended.

2. When is the next Gold event?

My 11 pull had 2 Rank 5s. One was Mog's Heroic Scarf, the other was Fang's spear, but I had her better Rank 5 spear. (Sorry, don't have it in front of me to see which I'm talking about). My 100gem pull last night was just a wasted Rank 3 Shurken that I already have maxed.

.....Reforging made me go broke super fast. I hate being broke.

Until we get a fest, maybe sell some of the armor upgrade material? Either that or farm hard on Saturdays.

MrDaravon

I've been S/L'ing on the FFX mote fight for like an hour now, I can't fucking get sleep to goddamn land on Cindy ever. I've tried every strategy in the book and on fucking reddit, believe me. Because of my non-existent FFX synergy I HAVE to use Sleepsong for damage too; I did Turk Bomb (or whatever it's called) RW for the guaranteed sleep but my FFX RS is so shit that even with the full two sleep cycles caused by that I couldn't even fucking kill Cindy lol. This is such shit.

After fighting Vossler for dozens of times, why isn't he a playable character? I never got that far in the game is he just a huge asshole and no one wants him?

WarAdept

World of Final Fantasy

Laan is shit.

Lann Stats
Summon 5, Combat 5, Support 4
Equip: Dagger, Sword, Fist, Thrown; Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracelet
Lvl 80 Stats: 5571 HP, 169 ATK, 118 DEF, 120 MAG, 121 RES, 110 MND, 134 SPD
RD Bonus: Weak Point dmg+3

What the shit. Summon 5 with that magic stat and no Rod /Staff access. And that RD. Only Summon 5 takes advantage of that bonus... Which you will never use on him.

Reynn is better.

Reynn Stats
Black Magic 5, White Magic 4, Summon 5
Equip: Dagger, Fist, Rod, Staff, Thrown; Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracelet
Lvl 80 Stats: 4750 HP, 125 ATK, 92 DEF, 179 MAG, 146 RES, 140 MND, 136 SPD
RD Bonus: Black Magic dmg+9%, Summon dmg+6%

Much better. Sage Summoner.

friz898

Until we get a fest, maybe sell some of the armor upgrade material? Either that or farm hard on Saturdays.

lol EXACTLY what I had already done (and only thing I can afford to do since need my WPN upgrades)

I sold 23 of the Rank 5 Armor upgrades, and 100 of the Rank 4 Armor upgrades.

It gave me enough money to hone Diaga to Rank 5, and another spell up a rank, and maybe left me a few pennies....

I guess Sat be my best choice. Currently I generally spend all my extra Mithril on Sundays to maintain the max level toons....and now it's gonna get all used up again with these new MC3 drops.

friz898

Laan is shit.

Lann Stats
Summon 5, Combat 5, Support 4
Equip: Dagger, Sword, Fist, Thrown; Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracelet
Lvl 80 Stats: 5571 HP, 169 ATK, 118 DEF, 120 MAG, 121 RES, 110 MND, 134 SPD
RD Bonus: Weak Point dmg+3

What the shit. Summon 5 with that magic stat and no Rod /Staff access. And that RD. Only Summon 5 takes advantage of that bonus... Which you will never use on him.

Reynn is better.

Reynn Stats
Black Magic 5, White Magic 4, Summon 5
Equip: Dagger, Fist, Rod, Staff, Thrown; Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracelet
Lvl 80 Stats: 4750 HP, 125 ATK, 92 DEF, 179 MAG, 146 RES, 140 MND, 136 SPD
RD Bonus: Black Magic dmg+9%, Summon dmg+6%

Much better. Sage Summoner.

When do we get those folks?

(I much prefer conversation here over a google search by myself)

I've been S/L'ing on the FFX mote fight for like an hour now, I can't fucking get sleep to goddamn land on Cindy ever. I've tried every strategy in the book and on fucking reddit, believe me. Because of my non-existent FFX synergy I HAVE to use Sleepsong for damage too; I did Turk Bomb (or whatever it's called) RW for the guaranteed sleep but my FFX RS is so shit that even with the full two sleep cycles caused by that I couldn't even fucking kill Cindy lol. This is such shit.

Have you tried poison? I brought Bio Grenade (though you could get away with the spell, with a bit of luck) and just used it before applying sleep. It adds a ton of DPS.

Vossler should definitely be the next FFXII character added. The realm needs a Samurai 5* character (with Celerity 5* please), plus he's awesome.

Guy is the weirder case, but adding Gabranth and Vayne before Vossler and Reddas is a little silly.

We're probably more likely to see playable Dr. Cid before Vossler.

Gabranth is way more important to FF12 than Vossler or Reddas. He is the best choice to represent the antagonist, and they tend to add those into FFRK earlier than other non-playable characters.

Balphon

Gabranth is way more important to FF12 than Vossler or Reddas. He is the best choice to represent the antagonist, and they tend to add those into FFRK earlier than other non-playable characters.

Eh, Vayne is the clear villain of FF12, though Gabranth is probably more memorable.

Gabranth has become the banner villain of FFXII, despite not being the main antagonist. Not the first time SE has decided to go in that direction as far as crossovers are concerned, nor the last.

Eh, Vayne is the clear villain of FF12, though Gabranth is probably more memorable.

There are multiple antagonists, and Vayne is the main villain, but Gabranth is clearly the best one. He killed the protagonist's brother, killed Ashe's father, and framed his twin brother Basch for both murders. Vayne might be power hungry and devising large-scale plots, but Gabranth is tied to FF12's cast much more personally. Also, his armor is dope. Similarly, Jecht might not be the Big Bad that the FF10 cast is trying to stop at every major plot point, but he is the biggest obstacle preventing Tidus's self-actualization, which is why he usually represents the FF10 antagonist instead of Seymour.

I finally got over 10k on the Whack-A-Monster game, so I thought I'd share the Grand Champion wallpaper. (I'll post the Champion wallpaper too.)

QQoy225.png

Gen1Sjd.png

The most interesting thing to note is that Freelancer Lenna & Galuf are featured in the Grand Champion wallpaper, alongside all the other characters that we currently have Wardrobe Records for, so I think that's a pretty good sign that we'll be able to purchase these outfits in the Halloween shop. (These two wallpapers are exclusive to the Global Halloween campaign, so it's not just a case of it being mistaken for Japanese content.)

I probably should of picked up on this before by just looking at who was in the Champion wallpaper, but I wasn't paying close enough attention until I got Grand Champion.

Well, I went ahead and did a pull on the LD...

FFXIV Boostga
FFXII Stat Stick / CM Self-Boost
Dupe for my 5* Morning Star
Dupe for my 5* Artemis Bow

I am most pleased. :D

Also, this happened:
The Major Augment made my 5*+ Artemis Bow have a Non-RS ATK of 123. This is 1 higher than my ATK 122 5*+++ Loxley Bow (Fran's Whip Kick), lolpowercreep. With RS, it's my most powerful FFV weapon at ATK 226; putting it just past 4*+++ Giant Axe's ATK 225.

Meanwhile, 5*+ Morning Star is another solid addition to my mage gear. I now have 6 Non-RS MAG 120+ relics with a wide spread of typings:
- 147 MAG 5*+++ Wizard Rod (Dagger's SSB).
- 131 MAG 5*+ Morning Star (Strago's Sabre Soul)
- 125 MAG 5*+ Demonsbane (Ashe's Heaven's Wrath)
- 122 MAG 5*+ Valkyrie (Rinoa's Angel Wing Bolt)
- 121 MAG 5* Keeper's Tome (Tyro's Burst)
- 120 MAG 5* Dagger of Resolve (Garnet's Burst)

Adeptrain

Arrrghh!!! Of all the rotten luck! After numerous attempts at Guardian (for Curada), I finally win and I miss Mastery by one medal!! I took too long and took too much damage...sigh. What's worse is that mastery gives 3 white 6* orbs...and I'm lacking two to make the ability!!! Sigh....

Mknzy

OK, so I managed to have some really good pulls on the FFII banner, so I am trying to get my first MC3 and really break into Ultimates for the first time. I cleared the 140 without too much trouble with my setup, but the 160 is not off to a good start. My current set up is like this.

Firion Level 80 - Tempo Flurry R3, Lifesiphon R2, RM Zeal, BSB Weaponsmaster

Maria Level 66 - Firaja R3, Blizzaja R3, RM Blood of Espers, SSB Thunder XVI

Leon Level 68 - Banishing Strike R3, Saint Cross R1, RM Thief's Code, BSB Dark Knight's Charge, SSB Darkborn Blade, SB Hand of the Emperor

Tyro Level 80 - Full Break R2, Esuna R3, RM Dr. Mog's Teachings, SB Sentinel's Grimoire

Minwu Level 68 - Curaja R4, Protectga R2, RM Master in White, SSB Will of the White Mage

Roaming Warrior - Shout

I've only recently been breaking into the higher difficulties, so I don't have a lot of major orbs and currently can't hone any of my 5* abilities that I do have any higher than they currently are. I do not have any 6* abilities yet. Equipment synergy is good, all 5 characters have weapon synergy, Firion and Maria have armor synergy, and Maria, Leon, and Tyro have accessory synergy. Any advice you could give me on possible abilities to hone, etc would be greatly appreciated. I do have a few other BSB's that I could potentially bring, Squall, Terra, and Locke. I really want to clear this, but it seems pretty clear that my current setup isn't quite cutting it in terms of damage output, and keeping up with all the status effects is proving rough to deal with.

WarAdept

OK, so I managed to have some really good pulls on the FFII banner, so I am trying to get my first MC3 and really break into Ultimates for the first time. I cleared the 140 without too much trouble with my setup, but the 160 is not off to a good start. My current set up is like this.

Firion Level 80 - Tempo Flurry R3, Lifesiphon R2, RM Zeal, BSB Weaponsmaster

Maria Level 66 - Firaja R3, Blizzaja R3, RM Blood of Espers, SSB Thunder XVI

Leon Level 68 - Banishing Strike R3, Saint Cross R1, RM Thief's Code, BSB Dark Knight's Charge, SSB Darkborn Blade, SB Hand of the Emperor

Tyro Level 80 - Full Break R2, Esuna R3, RM Dr. Mog's Teachings, SB Sentinel's Grimoire

Minwu Level 68 - Curaja R4, Protectga R2, RM Master in White, SSB Will of the White Mage

Roaming Warrior - Shout

I've only recently been breaking into the higher difficulties, so I don't have a lot of major orbs and currently can't hone any of my 5* abilities that I do have any higher than they currently are. I do not have any 6* abilities yet. Equipment synergy is good, all 5 characters have weapon synergy, Firion and Maria have armor synergy, and Maria, Leon, and Tyro have accessory synergy. Any advice you could give me on possible abilities to hone, etc would be greatly appreciated. I do have a few other BSB's that I could potentially bring, Squall, Terra, and Locke. I really want to clear this, but it seems pretty clear that my current setup isn't quite cutting it in terms of damage output, and keeping up with all the status effects is proving rough to deal with.

You have more than enough juice to do this. First glaring thing I've noticed is the Haste RM's. Get rid of them, and you're making them completely redundant with Shout. Replace them with DMG%+ RM's or if you don't have them, ones that boost ATK/boost SB gauge gain. Maria should also be using Devotion RM from Vivi if you have it or if you don't, any RM that increases MAG. Blood of Espers is trash if you're not hitting cap (which you won't be given you have no MAG boostagas with this set up).

Tyro should also get rid of that Esuna and stick with Armour Breakdown. You're going to have no trouble surviving with your synergy, Protectga and Wall. Stick to smacking your team mates with Tyro /Minwu if they're sleeped/confused.

Because you've been blessed with amazing Soul Breaks and synergy and because of the nature of the fight, you can circumvent the evasion entirely by spamming Lifesiphon and BSB's (they both ignore evasion) with Firion and Leon and Maria ignores it entirely with spells. So make a 2nd copy of Lifesiphon if you can and hone them up.

Tyro should be the only one missing in this fight.

Mknzy

You have more than enough juice to do this. First glaring thing I've noticed is the Haste RM's. Get rid of them, and you're making them completely redundant with Shout. Replace them with DMG%+ RM's or if you don't have them, ones that boost ATK/boost SB gauge gain. Maria should also be using Devotion RM from Vivi if you have it or if you don't, any RM that increases MAG. Blood of Espers is trash if you're not hitting cap (which you won't be given you have no MAG boostagas with this set up).

Tyro should also get rid of that Esuna and stick with Armour Breakdown. You're going to have no trouble surviving with your synergy, Protectga and Wall. Stick to smacking your team mates with Tyro /Minwu if they're sleeped/confused.

Because you've been blessed with amazing Soul Breaks and synergy and because of the nature of the fight, you can circumvent the evasion entirely by spamming Lifesiphon and BSB's (they both ignore evasion) with Firion and Leon and Maria ignores it entirely with spells. So make a 2nd copy of Lifesiphon if you can and hone them up.

Tyro should be the only one missing in this fight.

That did it! Lost one medal for actions taken. Now to decide who to use my crystal on. Firion's BSB seems pretty amazing, is he useful enough outside of synergy to be worth using the crystal on?

WarAdept

That did it! Lost one medal for actions taken. Now to decide who to use my crystal on. Firion's BSB seems pretty amazing, is he useful enough outside of synergy to be worth using the crystal on?

Firion has been buffed and is a versatile character with his weapon choices and skillset. His BSB is regarded as one of the best physical BSB's in the game, even by JP standards.

So yes, if you plan on bringing him to high end content, by all means go for it. However, depending on how you play (doing CM's, mixing up characters a lot, etc), you might want to use that MC3 on a character who has a fantastic level 99 RM. Luneth, Cloud and Vaan come to mind immediately.

Mknzy

Firion has been buffed and is a versatile character with his weapon choices and skillset. His BSB is regarded as one of the best physical BSB's in the game, even by JP standards.

So yes, if you plan on bringing him to high end content, by all means go for it. However, depending on how you play (doing CM's, mixing up characters a lot, etc), you might want to use that MC3 on a character who has a fantastic level 99 RM. Luneth, Cloud and Vaan come to mind immediately.

I'm just breaking into going into anything more difficult than level 120. Typically I go in with Tyro, a caster, either Penello or Minwu as those are my only full party heal sb's, a support, and another physical damage dealer in one combination or another. I'm not really worried about the CM's, just building a solid team to fight with.

Anustart

Beat the 180 difficulty ff2 fight. No ff2 synergy at all. Used Ramza, Bartz, Gilgamesh, Beatrix and Rosa.

Was using attack command with everyone at the end, no abilities left.

Edit: Mote Ifrit is such bullshit. No wall up? Physical attacks. Wall up? Single target Firaja. And singles out mother fuckers left and right. 4 physical attacks in one move, all 4 hit same target, dead. back to back firajas on same target, dead. fucking bullshit so fucking stupid. Back to back meteors? Sure, why not!

2nd edit: No resistance to sleep? Sweet. Use sleep 10 times and it hits exactly 0 times. Seems like no resistance.

Wow, we can 8* the Halloween equips? That's awesome
Yep, though it's a bit weird that the two new Halloween items that Japan got were not mentioned at all in the announcements. So long time players can get up to four copies of the original two Halloween items from last year, which is slight overkill IMO.

It's possible that the data mined image is a mistake, and they meant to use this year's items as the gift, with the old items being only available in the shop. Or perhaps the two new Halloween items will be part of the new reward tiers for Whack-A-Monster.

Razmos

Yeah I thought that was pretty weird too, getting 4 of them. But for people who started playing after Halloween last year, they would only have 3 available which would be just enough to get it to 8*.

Not sure whats happening with the other items.

Also I've been under this impression all along that Noel would be able to use throwing weapons, since he literally throws spears in game. But no D:

Adeptrain

Sigh....I'm so glad the Nightmare dungeons are gonna end soon for a while. Completed both Curada and Reraise dungeons...but didn't Master them :/ I need Mastery for the necessary 6* White crystals to create just one of the 6* white abilities, but it wasn't meant to be. Oh well, hope others are having better luck with the Nightmare dungeons this round.

Whoa thought I had another day to do the last two FFII battles. Done but couldn't be bothered with the Cid mission.
I really need to get out of this habit of leaving 1 stamina battles until the last day

The Lamia was annoying, my two summons of shout ran out leaving me to limp my way to the finish. Strategy was drop reflect on it (Gordon of course, Full Break and Reflect; goddess' bell SB handy too), Zidaine BSSB (mug power command meant not needng power breakdown) and have Bartz and Lightinng exploit Wind weakness. Fine except for the lame "oh Lamia has stupid evade without blink for no reason" and it getting blink down once reflect ran out (especially as I don't have pound and only two copies of lifesiphon meaning one of my attackers was left without). AoE attacks only put one party member to sleep once so lucky times for me. Plenty of confuse though...usually when I was trying to use a SB.

Those Black Knights were pretty tough and I'm not sure my sloppy first attempt deserved a mastery. I used Cecil BSSB as RW (one that didn't have any special gear), summoned them a bit too early in the fight (the first time before I'd got apocalypse shield), didn't bring flames of war as a hastega (divine guardian instead as that one has regen :S), lost Basch early on (so no more apocalypse shield or galantry...given you get hit so often charging SBs was no problem and more boosts would be cool*). At the end Tidus was mostly taking on wave 3 with my backup plan. Spam BSSB entrance for AoE damage (due to being water element and granting en-water and that grants 80% boost to SBs of the same element) then when one knight left use the SSB (this thing was doing about 25k total with no boosts except en-water).

*-I'm pretty sure the IDs for these effects don't overlap so I could have had ATK +30% (flames of war), ATK+DEF +30% (apopcalypse shield), DEF+50% (Trueblade of Legend), DEF+RES +20% (gallantry) all at once.

Tidd

I finally decided to do the Nightmare dungeons and just finished the Ultima one. A few funny moments:

Before the battle starts:
Kefka: I'll destroy the world.
Terra: I'll do it.

Ultima Buster before he uses Ultima: Nothing can withstand the ultimate magic... *misses because of Dreamstage RW* lol

Time for the crushdown record.

Pejo

Well I didn't expect much, but I was able to beat the Ult and Ult+ on FF2 event, and got my first MC3, dumped it into Cecil and egged him to 99, feels good.

Also, I did it with my usual team of Locke, Jecht, Tyro, PCecil, and Ramza, with a healer RW. I read on the FFRK site that you can try to reflect the bosses so they can't use Blink on themselves, but I couldn't get it to land before they cast it, after a few S/L's. Eventually, I just rolled with it, and didn't really miss that often, maybe 1 out of 6 hits or so.

Anyways, Nobody died in Emporer, and only one person died in Lamia fight, due to some unlucky misses on 2 moves in a row that would have finished her. Didn't matter though, I got perfect medals on both fights.

Good to see that without that stupid mechanic from Amarant, I can still power through some of these events with a pure physical team.

Now I need one more MC3 for Tyro. What's the concensus on the FFXII U+ from JP?

Just Mastered the CM for XII, but what the hell at 7000 damage Maser Eyes on some of my characters with Full Breakdown from Fran's SSB, Power Breakdown and the DEF%+ from Basch's Apocalypse Shield? I would definitely bring Protectga if I had to redo it, did not expect it to be that bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom