• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

The boss had a sliver of life, victory was certain, and then Maser Eye happened.

Had to go back out and equip a shared Protectga SB to survive lol.

WarAdept

XII Larsa - Ahriman (Ultimate +) CM (aka Penelo fell down and can't get up)

Super easy CM to do....with the exception of Maser Eye. That move hits like a truck.

4TL3jhL.jpg

XII Larsa - Daedalus (Ultimate ++)

Okay this dude was incredibly tanky. Originally I had a PC/FC and a Blood/Dragoon in the run, but I remembered as I was fighting it the first time that I had another source of Holy damage apart from Saint's Cross/Cecil SSB.

TZytj3H.jpg

thedan001

Dr. Mog is in cahoots with hackers!

All our mythril deliveries have been intercepted and rerouted, it's an conspiracy, I knew Dr. Mog wasn't having it with dat guaranteed 5* relics from 11-pulls

A temporary delay probably means we'll get some extra Mythril for the trouble so I'm fine with it being a bit late.

Whack some monsters in the meantime. If we push past the last goal maybe they'll give us even more rewards there too. We're entering the era of back to back to back to back etc etc banners that are loaded with great gear so maximizing Mythril is in all our best interests.

I am also without Pumpkin and Hat.

Since I have a rare day off, I'm going to try and catch up on Nightmare and Mote dungeons.

I wish I had finished the XII dungeons before Double Greens started, but I was out of town and daily dungeons are quicker.

Razmos

God the drop rate for greens in the dailies is just ridiculous. When you spend 90 stamina on a daily and just get the completion reward as a depressing booby prize. That's why I don't bother with dailies usually

God the drop rate for greens in the dailies is just ridiculous. When you spend 90 stamina on a daily and just get the completion reward as a depressing booby prize. That's why I don't bother with dailies usually

That 500-1000 greens still adds up and it's not like the orbs are useless

Just noticed Fran has terrible stats at 80. No rush to level her now.

I got my 25 mythrils and Witches Hat and Pumpkin weapon. I'll gladly take more apology mythrils DeNa.

I think I'll use my next MC3 on Vaan now that I have his SSB. I haven't looked at what RM he gets, but I am interested in pushing Thief's Revenge up to five hits.

I am not just missing that 25 Mythril. I am missing all of the Halloween login bonuses. I'll start worrying about it if I don't have them tomorrow.

I bought the two pumpkins and hats with greens. Since we're getting free 5* Dark Matter shortly (last World of FF login item and whack a monster...unless we fail to score enough) I'll hold back a little before bringing them to 8* glory. Still got a bit of FFXIII content from the DU to do to make use of this which I'll also hold back on.

Only now reading this have I noticed that the 25 mythril and the pumpkin and hat have yet to arrive. I mean it does say sent from so that implies it isn't instant? As long as it isn't several months like the welcome bonus thing I probably was not even eligible for :lol: I did have the app go to a black screen so I hope that didn't glitch it (for the 25 mythrils sake really).

Also, I did it with my usual team of Locke, Jecht, Tyro, PCecil, and Ramza, with a healer RW. I read on the FFRK site that you can try to reflect the bosses so they can't use Blink on themselves, but I couldn't get it to land before they cast it, after a few S/L's. Eventually, I just rolled with it, and didn't really miss that often, maybe 1 out of 6 hits or so.
Don't know if they mentioned using one of Zell's RMs for a 50% chance to start with ATB at full (which is really the only way to do it). Also soulbreaks, lifesiphon, pound and whatever else I forgot are not affected by evade (or being blind).

Dagger +30% dmg RM. I also used the current MC3 on him (the last 3 being Luneth, Cloud and Tyro).

I've still only spent one on Luneth because I'm indecisive. I know that, when it's released because she's my homey, I'll push Celes to Lv99 right away. Tyro seems like a good candidate given how useful he is for nightmare gates. I think I'm mostly just waiting to get a BSB to force my decision, or just a really hard Cid Mission.

Balphon

I can't get more than halfway through Daedalus without two people getting Stopped.

Think I'll come back when RNG is less pissed at me.

EDIT: Ended up beating him on my next try, albeit with three Stopped characters at the end. I had a character with 500 MND and it still lasted the entire second half of the fight on her.

All the bonus battles were pretty easy. Forgot to bring anything to dispel so I ended up doing the whole fight with him hasted. Luckily none of my characters were stopped and Cecil with his BSB took him out without too much trouble.

Razmos

So for today's dailies, which everyone autos through, which is core synergy that nobody has synergy for and so they do less damage... they put in enemies that counter attacks with a nearly 2500 damage magic attack? And it usually takes 2-3 hits to kill them? That seems fair.

I hate the dailies in this game.

MrDaravon

So for today's dailies, which everyone autos through, which is core synergy that nobody has synergy for and so they do less damage... they put in enemies that counter attacks with a nearly 2500 damage magic attack? And it usually takes 2-3 hits to kill them? That seems fair.

I hate the dailies in this game.

Did they change the dailies for Halloween or something? I've had the same team of 80s (well a few 99's as of the last week or two) just auto-battling through dailies every day for months now. Occasionally one person dies but I've never not gotten Champion or had any issues even coming close to actually wiping. Are you using a maxed out team of your highest ATK people?

Razmos

Did they change the dailies for Halloween or something? I've had the same team of 80s (well a few 99's as of the last week or two) just auto-battling through dailies every day for months now. Occasionally one person dies but I've never not gotten Champion or had any issues even coming close to actually wiping. Are you using a maxed out team of your highest ATK people?
I'm using a team of level 50+ characters, Tyro, Ramza, Kuja, Faris and Aerith (I'm using them to master their soul breaks)

Falk

that puzzling face
"We are aware that the 25 Mythrils have gone missing. We are offering a compensation of 24 Mythrils"

some men want to watch the world burn

Balphon

I use a team anchored by a Mage with Ruinga and the Raw Power RM to clear most dailies. I could probably auto most of them but I'd rather not risk it.

MrDaravon

I'm using a team of level 50+ characters, Tyro, Ramza, Kuja, Faris and Aerith (I'm using them to master their soul breaks)

Yeaaaaah I wouldn't be auto-battling the dailies at less than max level tbh. If you're that level I'd toss Ruinga on a mage that can one-shot everything instead.

I use d teams for dailies for hopes they drop rms and just slap zeal on a mage and cast ruinga to clear

I'm caught up on RM's except for Guy and Larsa's, but either way I'd have no patience to have to manually do the dailies every day like that to be honest. I do it on Sundays with a 3 person party including a mage to Ruinga it but that's about the limit of my tolerance for that sort of thing.

Just beat Mataeus and just got enough medals to master it. That fight is really annoying. He Blizzaja spammed so much that I actually had to use Tailwind on Ramza lol. Hopefully, the next fight is a lot better.

ultra7k

Ugh that Ahriman Cid Mission fight is rough lol.

It seems like I have no problem getting him down to half HP, - then I renew my wall via RW, and go back to plugging away, but for whatever reason my DPS output just drops by that point. I know it isn't hones, and I get faith back up on Ashe for BSB, so I might have to re-evaluate my load out.

Beat the Mote Cid Mission for Kashuan Keep - that one had me sweating good. Made it through by the skin of my teeth with only Maria and Firion left standing - one more AOE would have done them in right quick.

Daedalus is no joke. He stopped my healer and the fight was over. He randomly stops people and it lasts for so long. I have yet to see it wear off before I die. His aoe hurts and Anger Blow one shotted my lvl 91 Cloud lol.

Can some of his moves be retaliated?

Daedalus is no joke. He stopped my healer and the fight was over. He randomly stops people and it lasts for so long. I have yet to see it wear off before I die. His aoe hurts and Anger Blow one shotted my lvl 91 Cloud lol.

Can some of his moves be retaliated?

They really did give Daedalus too much MND. You can expect Stop to last about 4+ turns even against your primary healer, which is obscene. Fortunately, he stunned somebody that wasn't vital for victory, but I really would've appreciated the extra 60k from Saint's Cross, not to mention the additional 30% ATK/DEF he was about to give my entire party before getting Stopped. There aren't even any Stop-resist accessories yet. I would suggest two healers if you aren't willing to gamble; one of which can focus on damage dealing most of the time via Holy/Diaga.

Balphon

I would suggest two healers if you aren't willing to gamble; one of which can focus on damage dealing most of the time via Holy/Diaga.

I did that and he stopped both of them, and even a character with 400+ MND is going to be stopped for awhile.

Most you can really do is rush through phase 2 (75%-50% HP) so there are fewer guaranteed Pulsar Waves.

The U+ and U++ fights are pretty weird in this event; mostly pedestrian except for one absolutely gonzo attack.

Translated banners are starting to be uploaded.

Anyone who was worried that Global was going to skip any standard events due to the situation with DeNA West can relax now. Also, multiplayer has been confirmed for Global.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom