• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

With the new FFX event tomorrow I am worried I will not be able to complete the final +++ without drawing. What do you guys think
http://imgur.com/a/3RlIC

You have the relics (I noticed you have SG but your Tyro is low level, if you want to make it easier to complete harder content, I suggest raising him up) but now it's a question of your hones. If you can, post a pic of your party setup for that fight.

They've changed the daily draw drop rates again. Remember how 5* items were 0.01% (at one point they were nearly 0.3% and more common than 4* actually) well they are now 0.005%.

Ah non-Cid Ahriman (Ultimate +). Mistakes I made: I had Celes with Indomitable Blade and used mako might to mean no magic mitigation in theory...well in reality it will run out before you get to recast it (taking one or two 4-6k damage magic hits) so have some plans...even something like magic lure on Basch could have worked here. People were not kidding about maser eye. Even with Protectga, Trueblade of legend, apocalypse shield, power breakdown and full break (in dance form of course) I was taking 2k damage. I did kinda forget dark resist accessories though. Medica-wise should have used Aerith instead of Yuna as I have her re-raise medica though it would not have ended the battle any actions sooner.

Probably won't tackle Daedalus tonight but reading through what other players did there is a pretty funny counter to the stop staus that Pulsar wave throws on. Have your own stop user overwrite it with a much shorter duration (someone like lightning would have like 120 mind...much better than the 800 Daedalus has).

WarAdept

Probably won't tackle Daedalus tonight but reading through what other players did there is a pretty funny counter to the stop staus that Pulsar wave throws on. Have your own stop user overwrite it with a much shorter duration (someone like lightning would have like 120 mind...much better than the 800 Daedalus has).

He's incredibly tanky as well. Bring BSBs if you have them to extend your hones. Or if you're one of the lucky ones to have a good source of Holy damage, blast him into oblivion and laugh.

Vade

You have the relics (I noticed you have SG but your Tyro is low level, if you want to make it easier to complete harder content, I suggest raising him up) but now it's a question of your hones. If you can, post a pic of your party setup for that fight.

Here are my all my hones. With the Halloween eggs I will focus on getting Tyro up if he is that strong. I always thought he was weak because he was your starter character.

http://imgur.com/a/9HvCi

Bottom three black magic are lightning R2 Chain Stonga R1, and Chain Thundaga R1.

Saerk

They've changed the daily draw drop rates again. Remember how 5* items were 0.01% (at one point they were nearly 0.3% and more common than 4* actually) well they are now 0.005%.

Ah non-Cid Ahriman (Ultimate +). Mistakes I made: I had Celes with Indomitable Blade and used mako might to mean no magic mitigation in theory...well in reality it will run out before you get to recast it (taking one or two 4-6k damage magic hits) so have some plans...even something like magic lure on Basch could have worked here. People were not kidding about maser eye. Even with Protectga, Trueblade of legend, apocalypse shield, power breakdown and full break (in dance form of course) I was taking 2k damage. I did kinda forget dark resist accessories though. Medica-wise should have used Aerith instead of Yuna as I have her re-raise medica though it would not have ended the battle any actions sooner.

Maesers eye did me in on my first go for 5 to 6k a character. Didn't realize it was physical so I didn't bring along protectga.

MrDaravon

Wow straight up fuck the Daedalus fight. I have multiple good Holy SSB/BSB options (not Cecil's though) and a level 99 RS Vaan with his BSB and I straight up cannot do this fight because in 45 minutes of S/L'ing literally every single time he either Stopped Tyro, my healer, or both. And even with Tyro stopped (who I'm bringing for SG) I STILL almost managed to do it a few times. Without the Stop I would have completed this on probably all but one or two of the 15+ attempts I made. I have incredible options and synergy but it doesn't matter at all because of RNG.

How incredibly dumb. Probably not going to even go back and bother, I don't need the armor/weapon mats and at this point I've missed so many of the 6* orbs from the months I was unable to do the U+ fights that I'm nowhere near being able to craft any of the 6* abilities anyway. For the very first time in playing for over a year I'm questioning why I'm playing the game and/or spending money on it. This may have actually been my breaking point lol. Having fantastic abilities and synergy but not being able to complete content because of straight up RNG may have been the straw the broke the camel's back here.

I must have gotten super lucky the +++ never once used that sleep move everyone has complained about or it never landed. Having physical and magic blink might have helped.

greyshark

Holy crap that U++ has a ton of HP. Was just about out of hones at the end - one thing that helped me avoid his stop attack was limiting his weak phase (he switches to a DEF ignoring attack in Very Weak). Seems like stacking mitigation is a must to deal with his power and tankiness.

Inbachi

Neo Member
My goodness that U++ was rough. I have native wall, shout, Hope's BSB, and Agrias' SSB but I still had a hell of a time. Ultimately changing up my RW to Tyro's BSB made all the difference.

Anustart

Got tired of waiting for my 25 mythril, did a yolo 3 pull on ffxii banner. Got another traitor's bow and penelo's burst soul break.

Yeah...that Daedalus U++ was pretty rough. Really glad I managed to pull Basch's physical blink awhile back, though even with that, another round and my party could have easily been wiped.

Took forever to beat Ahramin but all I needed was to use shout. The battle is doable so long as you negate his slowga with a hastega. Otherwise, it's impossible. Glad I got that MC3 (although I don't have any eggs left to keep boosting to level 99 lol).

The upcoming relic pools for the dungeon update banners were posted on reddit. They look really good. Any idea when we get those?

Took forever to beat Ahramin but all I needed was to use shout. The battle is doable so long as you negate his slowga with a hastega. Otherwise, it's impossible. Glad I got that MC3 (although I don't have any eggs left to keep boosting to level 99 lol).

The upcoming relic pools for the dungeon update banners were posted on reddit. They look really good. Any idea when we get those?
http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/nov-1-update/

Check out the Dates tab.

c-murph

Man, I really need more gil. All those 8* items broke me.

Didn't even have enough to get both the Halloween items to 8*.

Also, all my Mythril to Onion Knight (Which is only like 130 right now). Hopefully, I can reach 200+ before he drops. Really want his BSB and SSB. Usually have really good luck with 4-5 pulls on all the big banners I want.

His Atk/Mag/Haste attack stacks with Shout right? Might need to replace Lightning or Agrias from my group if that's the case.

WarAdept

His Atk/Mag/Haste attack stacks with Shout right? Might need to replace Lightning or Agrias from my group if that's the case.

Yeah it stacks. ID of 610 which right now we only have Celes BSB and Gordon's SSB that share it.

Although you're making the haste redundant by doing that.

thedan001

Anyone here have both Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire and Keeper's Tome?

Is it useful having both? Do you find many scenarios which you switch between SB's?

Or is it just SG all the way?

Just wondering because Tyro's Keeper's Tome is in the next themed relic banner after girls power and I have SG

Thanks

c-murph

Yeah it stacks. ID of 610 which right now we only have Celes BSB and Gordon's SSB that share it.

Although you're making the haste redundant by doing that.

Wonderful. Thanks.

Is it useful having both? Do you find many scenarios which you switch between SB's?

Just wondering because Tyro's Keeper's Tome is in the next themed relic banner after girls power and I have SG

Thanks

Yeah, I own both.

Tyro is one of my go to characters in the game. So having more abilities for him makes him that much more useful and versatile. It's very easy to get him to fill in with whatever your team is lacking.

Tyro's SG buffs the party with 200% DEF and RES; which works with Shell and Protect I believe.

Having Keeper's tome eliminates the need for Shell and Protect on a character and the added magic blink is awesome for avoiding one big multiparty hit attack. Tyro BSSB command attacks hit with ATK + MAG or DEF + RES debuffs on the enemy which seem to stack with Fullbreak, and other single breaks moves which help in neutering the enemy.

Having both does makes life easier but hardly necessary...

With that said; casting SG/KT in the same battle is easy in story battle or any battle that allow for you to build up multiple LB gauges before a boss fight. The practically of casting both in a 160/180 difficulty boss battle won't happen. By the time you charge another LB to use the attack you're probably going to need to cast SG again for the DEF/RES resistance.

Whatever one you choose to use is totally up to you in battle and depends on the boss type and the party you're bringing along. Although, you could always bring along a Roaming Warrior with KT or SG to use while using the opposite of what you bring to start the battle.

I also find that Quistis' Mighty Guard VIII (or and other High Regen) works wonders with both KT/SG in play. Basically, giving you like full protection all at once. Add in Shout and well you're ready to face the world. Also, Onion Knight apparently also has a move that stacks with shout too but having all those might be overkill.

thedan001

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I was wondering whether to do a 11-pull since I dont have Tyro's book or Tidus relic in that banner

Related news...

My luckiest 100 gem pull ever

Bmfr9K7l.png

Adeptrain

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I was wondering whether to do a 11-pull since I dont have Tyro's book or Tidus relic in that banner

Related news...

My luckiest 100 gem pull ever

Bmfr9K7l.png

o_O congrats!! seriously, congrats :)

I spent 100 mithrils on 2 multi-pulls trying for Tidus's Apocalypse and got 4 rainbows and 3 rainbows..but no disco ball :/

I can't complain too much though, I got every relic on the banner :)

My 100 gems was Tidus's strike armor with the leap and rush ability. If I understand it correctly he hits 3 times and gets the effect of power chain for 2 turns? That's pretty useful.

Razmos

My 100 gems was Tidus's strike armor with the leap and rush ability. If I understand it correctly he hits 3 times and gets the effect of power chain for 2 turns? That's pretty useful.
I got the same thing from my 100 gems. Not too bad I suppose. It's my second SB for him after Slice and Dice.

100 Gems got me a 4* Bright Armguard (X). I combined it and now have a Reforged one. 189 DEF / 197 RES w/ RS is pretty nice (although I find myself using Gauntlets more than Light Armor nowadays, so it may not see much use).

Thanks

I have both and initially struggled with how to use them efficiently. Then I got Shout and settled into a standard setup of Tyro + Ramza using DMT / MM to cast Tome and Shout while my Healer calls a RW Wall. I have Tyro at 99, so he does DPS while Ramza does his FB / BD thing.

My 100 gem pool. 😎
Definitely needed as X is one realm I am severely lacking in. Also did a 50 mythril pull for the same reason and got a SOLDIER sword for VII, which I didn't need cause my VII synergy is already decent. And the Tidus SB armor. But after that 100 gem pull I'm not complaining.

The current FFXII, Girl Power, and Debuff relic banners are being extended due to the late Halloween Mythril.

Now those four banners will end on Nov. 9th instead.

Source

thedan001

My 100 gem pool. 😎

The 100 gem OSB pull club feels so good, I would like to make a 11-pull into the FFX banner at least once although to build my FFX synergy

The current FFXII, Girl Power, and Debuff relic banners are being extended due to the late Halloween Mythril.

Now those four banners will end on Nov. 9th instead.

Source

I'm glad because I needed that extension, keep in mind that the FFXII event and 2x green campaign ends on Nov 6 still

I've never gotten a good 100 gem pull, and I've been doing them for as long as I can remember. You guys are so lucky!

Question –

I have Hope's BSB but it's incredibly weak...like, just using his regular attacks are stronger than using the BSB. Any idea why? Should I be focused on MND or MAG when I use this BSB? I just don't understand why it's so freaking weak (he's also lvl 80.)

I've never gotten a good 100 gem pull, and I've been doing them for as long as I can remember. You guys are so lucky!

Question –

I have Hope's BSB but it's incredibly weak...like, just using his regular attacks are stronger than using the BSB. Any idea why? Should I be focused on MND or MAG when I use this BSB? I just don't understand why it's so freaking weak (he's also lvl 80.)
It's a MAG based BSB. Since it gives Hope EnHoly, you should be spamming the first command generally unless the enemy is weak to Earth, which is covered by the second command.

After his burst wears off, that would be a good time to use the Alexander summon to make use of the EnHoly buff, which is the only source of MAG based Holy magic right now.

I'd recommend giving Hope a highly honed ja spell to build meter in his first skill slot, then use the BSB, spam the appropriate command as explained above, then switch to Alexander in his second regular skill slot. (Equipping a RM like Devotion or something that boosts Holy damage would also be ideal.)

It's a MAG based BSB. Since it gives Hope EnHoly, you should be spamming the first command generally unless the enemy is weak to Earth, which is covered by the second command.

After his burst wears off, that would be a good time to use the Alexander summon to make use of the EnHoly buff, which is the only source of MAG based Holy magic right now.

I'd recommend giving Hope a highly honed ja spell to build meter in his first skill slot, then use the BSB, spam the appropriate command as explained above, then switch to Alexander in his second regular skill slot. (Equipping a RM like Devotion or something that boosts Holy damage would also be ideal.)

Once again, you come to my rescue! I should hone my Alexander summon then! Thanks!

Now for the next QoL update...they need to add a feature that lets Day 1 players auto complete part 1 of every event. It is so tedious to have to do all these simple battles every week!

TIL Burst Mode lasts 15s while Attach X lasts 25s.

Now for the next QoL update...they need to add a feature that lets Day 1 players auto complete part 1 of every event. It is so tedious to have to do all these simple battles every week!
Indeed! For the past 2 months or so, I've been completing all of the events up to the +s with my RM farming team. I set the speed to 5 and auto to on and just do it in the background until I'm near the end and need to actually use the RW / a few skills to wipe out the final few bosses.

Holy crap Rikku's SSB fist at lv 20 is suddenly the strongest weapon I have, even stronger than the three BSSB swords (ogre, IX light bringer, twin Lance) I have.

Faithless

I feel like my team has broken this game. I haven't had a problem with any of the Ultimates in more than a month. I guess I'm sharing it in case anyone else wants to set up their team like this?

I have:

Bartz (99) with Light of the Four Burst, Lifesiphon and Spellblade Master Materia
Vaan (99) with Ark Blast Burst, Lifesiphon, Thief's Revenge, and Wings Unfurled Materia
Ramza (80) with Shout and Tailwind, with Full Break, Magic Breakdown, Dr. Mog's Teachings
Tyro (99) with Sentinel, Saint's Cross and whatever the boss target is, Mako Might
Relm (80) with Portrait of Lakshmi, Curaja and Holy

And I always pick Tyro's Keeper's Tome as my Roaming Warrior, which takes care of Protect and Shell. Relm opens with it.

I swear to god, everything is broken now, and takes very little time to win.

I feel like my team has broken this game. I haven't had a problem with any of the Ultimates in more than a month. I guess I'm sharing it in case anyone else wants to set up their team like this?

I have:

Bartz (99) with Light of the Four Burst, Lifesiphon and Spellblade Master Materia
Vaan (99) with Ark Blast Burst, Lifesiphon, Thief's Revenge, and Wings Unfurled Materia
Ramza (80) with Shout and Tailwind, with Full Break, Magic Breakdown, Dr. Mog's Teachings
Tyro (99) with Sentinel, Saint's Cross and whatever the boss target is, Mako Might
Relm (80) with Portrait of Lakshmi, Curaja and Holy

And I always pick Tyro's Keeper's Tome as my Roaming Warrior, which takes care of Protect and Shell. Relm opens with it.

I swear to god, everything is broken now, and takes very little time to win.

This is how I feel with my team. I think at this point things will get tougher, status effects will become a thing, and I don't know how long what I use will hold out for, but I have wrecked all content (besides cid missions) since the older ffV banner. Here is my unbreakable crew I've used to conquer everything;

Yshtola - SS2 and Medica2 . Dr Mogs Teachings. Curaja and Shellga for skills.

Cloud - Fenrir Drive and Climhazard. Sword or Katana damage up Materia. Life siphon and whatever element is needed for medal requirements.

Beatrix - Seiken Shock. Battleforged. Protectga and Life siphon as skills.

Faris - Beryl Serpent and Serpents Gale. Ace Striker. Thief's Revenge and Wrath as skills.

Gilgamesh - Morphing Time and Faithful Companion. Mako Might. Saints Cross and Life siphon.

I use Shout as my friend unit 100% of the time. I pulled very hard for Clouds latest OSB and didn't get it sadly, but I'll be pulling hard for the yshtola BSSB when that comes too. This has carried me for months, so we'll see when it doesn't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom