• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrelated, with the next Story Dungeon update coming soon, which includes some FFXI dungeons, it would be nice it they snuck Ayame and Curilla in there.

We probably won't get that collab since the corresponding mobile game hasn't been released in the west, and Japan still hasn't had another FFXI event since.

Finally up to 150 mythril! Still hoarding for the OSB festival in December. Only going to pull on the Lucky Banners from now until then.

I really wanted to pull on the upcoming XIII-2 banner because Noel is my husbando and Serah is my waifu, but I don't want to miss out on those better banners.

Adeptrain

Finally got mine too. Now I'm resisting the urge to pull for Tidus's Overstrike as I have every relic EXCEPT the OSB...and there's no way I'll get it...so, I gotta stay strong and keep my 54 mythrils..ㅜㅜ

Also, that U++ battle took a freaking long time for me! I barely mastered it cause I lost medals for taking so long..:/

That Omega Weapon Ultimate++ like to spam spells. Shimmering Rain, Ultima, I heal, it cast Gravity lol. Man, it really wants me to pull for Energy Rain since its weak to water. That resist all other element besides water really hampers my damage.

I'm still hoarding mythrils until FF3, OSB Fest and FFXIV. Can't pull on any banners when Onion Knight is just a little over 2 weeks away. Hoping for 200-250 mythrils by then.

Er...is the new coliseum battle not working for anyone else? When I click to start the fight the screen loads up the Dr. Mog loading screen, and then just goes to black...

Razmos

vHQNHId.png
Sexy

Kain

So, the three little pigs down, just full AOE and they died in like, 5 turns.

Now, the stupid FFXX U++ gave me the most trouble since... I don't fucking remember xD

Not being able to use Cecil really hurt my DPS, so in the end I went full bitch with three Curagas, two magic blinks and Sheepsong. It was close but I could master it in the end.

I was finally able to beat Mote Ifrit for the first time yesterday, thanks to Squall's MC3 (++ ice damage), Rinoa's MC3 (++ magic damage), an R4 Chain Blizzaga and Tyro with SG.

And about 30 minutes of S/L

New tier of SB confirmed for Japan, Limit Chain SSBs.

Basically combo SSBs where after using them, certain skills will be powered up and the more you use during the time limit, the stronger they'll become. Pretty cool IMO.

Also, looks like FFXI is finally getting a non-collab event, so if we don't get Ayame and Curilla in Global before then, at least we get pick them up when this new event comes to Global.

The flatulent triplets were easy. I opted to use mostly summoners, except for my break dancers. So few character options, though. I'm surprised characters like Echo and Papalymo don't count as small. Recorded the encounter, like usual.
Apparently it is age 15 and under but really it makes no sense. Mog is apparently an adult for a moogle at their age and the FFIII characters are 14 (so younger than Rikku) yet don't count.

At least that it is better than Shadow not being a "bad boy". Shadow is an assassin who would slit his own mammas throat for money they told me in FFVI...

Wondering if and how curated the Dungeon Update Lucky Draw will be tonight. My synergy for VII average to bad and my synergy for VIII is pitiful. Knowing that, I will get stuff for V where I do great!

Balphon

Wondering if and how curated the Dungeon Update Lucky Draw will be tonight. My synergy for VII average to bad and my synergy for VIII is pitiful. Knowing that, I will get stuff for V where I do great!

I went 1/11 and drew a Revolver, so not much?

Unless it's curated specifically to troll me.

MrDaravon

DU and half-price Lucky Draw is up. Got:

Seifer's Almasy Revolver (SSB)
Gilgamesh's Kotetsu
Lenna's Power Staff

My FF8 synergy is super bad so I'll take anything I can get there (I've got Squall's BSB and that's it), my FF5 synergy is so-so but I happen to have Gilgamesh's BSB and Lenna's medica as pretty much my only FF5 synergy already so those are kind of a wash but eh, hard to complain.

Soooo not curated, don't know why I bothered, all Dungeon Update Lucky Draws are utter shit for me. Seifer old Hyperion useless SB and Aerith useless Aurora Rod. Screw this... Oh well, I got my first melee sword for VIII RS I guess...

Oh fuck off FFRK Twitter:

QxjbMuH.jpg

Faris's Bracers (Faris) - Duplicate
Partisan (Cid)
Hyperion (Seifer)

When I saw the Hyperion, I thought for sure I'd pulled a Revolver, and breathed a sigh of relief. Hyperion ain't great, but at least it has a good chance to interrupt and is on a character I often use in FF8 because he's the only knight. Haven't decided on whether or not I'll combine Faris's Bracers yet. My FF5 armor options are generally good, if dated, so I'm leaning towards combine. Too bad Partisan is single target, because it'd give me a great native combo with Yuffie's wind ninja scroll magic. Against single targets, it won't outperform Thief's Revenge, though if I needed to prioritize soul meter then the damage it would do is still decent.

MiTYH

This was a good pull! Five 5-stars!! All new

Squall- Revolver
Gilgamesh- Zantetsuken
Edea- Sorceress's Might
Vincent- Shotgun
Bartz- Bartz's Cloak

I got nothing but VII relics. I shouldn't complain, but I really hate VII and I especially hate Cloud.

The Wutai Headband is my third, so Magnificent Queen Yuffie is the recipient of my first non-freebie 5★+++, so that's cool.

CwyU8Y8UkAAuagb.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got Squall, Cloud, and Exdeath's old stuff. But I'm happy with the Selphie Burst. I can finally retire Yuna as my dedicated healer and have a white mage who can actually do some damage...

I wasn't sure if I should pull on this, so close to Onion Knight, but I did so anyways. I seem to get particularly good draws when in those situations:
- Bartz: First 5* Sword in V.
- Cloud: First relic for him. +10 ATK will be nice.
- Krile: Only dupe of the batch. 5*+ now.
- Aerith: Second SB, to go with her initial Medica. Magic Blink + crit boost sounds nice.
- Selphie: Awwwww yeah! My first Medica + Magic Blink combo. I'm so happy with this one.

I got 1/11 Valiant (VIII) Irvine's gun. I want my 25 mythrils back. I don't care about FFVIII synergy, but was hoping for at least a SSB. Instead, got a unique for a character that I barely used.

Pejo

Neat, snagged Sephi's BSB, along with Cait Sith's Super and a 4th dupe Squall Super. Not bad for 25 mythril. Was hoping for some FFV stuff though.

Kain

Weird pull, I got Lenna's SSB (Curaga+Res), which makes Lenna my top healer because I have her three relics (Haste+Boostga, Cura+High regen and the Curaga one) and Yuffie's Pinwheel. Yuffie is a top tier char in this game so I guess it's OK? Need to see the damage before judging I suppose.

Only 5* was Zells' SSB. I don't really like Zell but I need FF8 synergy so is fine.

Zell's SBs are suppossed to be very good, though.

Kenai

Zell's SBs are suppossed to be very good, though.

I disliked Selphie quite a bit and got her Dreamstage from a 100 pull which proceeded to cheese me through several ultimates cause it's so busted.

Now I get Zell's and am seeing he is one of the game's best monks because his SSBs are busted too.

I guess it's a problem to have but it's a bit exasperating all the same.

From the Lucky Draw:
Gold Barrette for Red XII
Green Megaphone for Cait Sith
and
Party Dress for Rinoa.

Also, 100 gem on Size Matters Not:
Ninurta for Hope.

Lotsa new stuff plus a BSB, so pretty damn happy.

Another meh 1/11

Tifa's Burning Arrow. Its boosts attack so has some utility (that'll probably be rarely used just like Galuf's fist of dawn) and from previous pulls I do have a FFVII hastega (Zack) so it could help out in a VII Cid mission.

Still it could have easily been another revolver (or other bad SB).

Oh fuck off FFRK Twitter:

QxjbMuH.jpg
Any chance we can get apology mythril for that? That twitter account is wrong nearly the all of the time. If they started doling out mythril maybe they would start taking it more seriously.

Don't think I'm going to pull on this Lucky Draw. My V and VIII synergy is pretty good and I'm already planning to pull on the first Angeal banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom