• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

5 runs of the Heroic orb fest yielded me:

1 Greater Black
2 Greater Thunder
2 Greater Black

Eh, so far I'm not really impressed

Nohar

I'm keeping an Excel file listing all my 4* and 5* drops (listed by days and by runs). I'll share it with Reddit (and you if you are interested).

Frankly, I'm glad to be able to level up the core characters that way. That's one less hassle/chore to deal with.

I hope to get a 5* weapon for the IV realm, kinda need one.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm keeping an Excel file listing all my 4* and 5* drops (listed by days and by runs). I'll share it with Reddit (and you if you are interested).

Frankly, I'm glad to be able to level up the core characters that way. That's one less hassle/chore to deal with.

I hope to get a 5* weapon for the IV realm, kinda need one.

Someone I know got 1 lightning and 5 dark Majors so far.

Worst timeline.

Wonder why the changed the battle music for this festival of gold while keeping golden saucer as the theme.

Isn't there still Castle Pandemonium to go?
There should be but what I mean is there has been nothing dungeon wise for ~6 months in Japan so if there was a 5* FFII sword it would just sit in my inventory doing nothing as it would have very little utility. I'll be interested in what the Minwu event in Japan does regarding FFII content as they could go for the souls of rebirth content for the second half but if I feel they do first/second half style it is totally going to be mythril cave first half, magi tower second half (I think those were the bits where you had Minwu in FFII).

Kaiterra

Banned
Add me to the group with a not-so-lucky draw of no 5*. Here's hoping for more luck on the next one.

Really sucks. I've gone most of the time since launch doing single pulls only and then with this draw and a recent 11-pull I finally did, I got bupkiss on both.

I mean my faux 5/6* gear pool has swollen a good bit but it's not the same.

Red Mage

I said I wasn't going to, but went ahead and did an 11 pull. Got Buster Sword (LOL) and Firion's armor. Does his SB stack with Protectga?

Jyrii

Banned
Is there any good site for equipment synergy comparison?

I tried Kevrlet's FFRK Toolkit, but it doesn't seem to have any comparison feature.

MicH

When you finally see a Csctuar... and it drops a 3* orb :(

I've gotten two majors so far (both black) with two stamina refreshes

Nohar

I got four major orbs so far. Three of those came from my second run (first mythril spent). I'm currently on my 7th run.

greyshark

5 runs of the Heroic orb fest yielded me:

1 Greater Black
2 Greater Thunder
2 Greater Black

Eh, so far I'm not really impressed

I believe that is pretty close to the rate of return you should expect - about 45 stamina/Greater Orb.

Wow, looks like my luck is subpar on Orbs too. 4 refresh and 2 full run on normal Stamina and never Saw a Giant Cactuar. Might just be normal and some of you are just lucky.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For what it's worth, I got 2 big cactaurs in the same "cycle" (whatever you call the 3 battles) and got a 5* black and 5* lightning orb.

Got Mythgraven Blade, Aurora Rod and Valiant in one pull, plus 4 4* items. I'm pretty happy with this pull, didn't get any 5* in the last 3 11 pulls I did, so this makes up for that.

MicH

Just had this happen:

5HW8zyG.jpg

More of those, please!

Wazzy

Banned
I've been getting decent cactaur encounters. Hopefully they pick up even more.
Got Rising Sun (hey Wazzy!) and five 4* weapons. Heh, I'll take it. At least I finally have a decent Ranged weapon, so I'm happy.
[/LIST]
Gratz!! Rinoa's SB is great. Dat 2x Quake
2wWM4Eh.gif

Congratulations! :D
Thanks gorl <3
I want to know what kind of blood rituals Wazzy is using.
I sold my soul to the VIII devil.

But seriously, I'm so happy my drop rate is good with VIII.

Lucky! I've found 0 major orbs so far after 10 stamina refreshes

I finally saw Giant Cactuars, 2 in a row in fact. I am grateful for the 4* orbs but I was a bit sad to not see the super shiny orb.

Falk, don't look.

http://m.imgur.com/xqOp8HM

From the RK subreddit.

That's why some of us need 0 5* on our pulls... To even things out. So far, I saw tons of post of people who now have, after 1 pull, more Character specific SB than I have and I started on day 1. I also spent most of my Mythrils on pulls haha.

LucaMac

Leon's Armor stacks with Protectga yes (and Boost for that matter).

Yea I noticed and really looking forward to his memory crystal now. That's a weird combination of buffs so it will stack with most things. It should stack with Protect and Sentinal grimore/stoneskin, making physical bosses a joke and raising attack too. Happy days indeed.

Currently have Rydia back as my roaming warrior as I was getting 2 uses a day with poor old Lightning with a 5+ Blazefire Sabre. Was back to getting a good few thousand gil a day with Rydia but my new options may be more interesting, I'm assuming anyone following me would prefer to see Leons armour (attack and defense buff that stacks with boost, advance, protectga and Sentinal Grimore/SS?) than a damaging one? I have Ice Whip for Rydia, Lightnings Blazefire+ and now since the lucky draw Leons Golden Armour and Fated Circle for Squall.

9fRE if interested.

Just the 1 Major Lightning Orb for myself, not spent any Mythril yet on refreshes though as need to Math tonight to make sure i'll get back up to 75 Mythril for Phase 4 (57 currently).

What kind of priority for Black Magic honing would you guys suggest? I was going to try and get Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga and Comet to R4, and for the 4 stars focus on Quake and Bioga? Not sure what the best use of all these 3* Dark Orbs is.

Currently have Rydia back as my roaming warrior as I was getting 2 uses a day with poor old Lightning with a 5+ Blazefire Sabre. Was back to getting a good few thousand gil a day with Rydia but my new options may be more interesting, I'm assuming anyone following me would prefer to see Leons armour (attack and defense buff that stacks with boost, advance, protectga and Sentinal Grimore/SS?) than a damaging one?

I think generally buff RWs see a lot more use than attack ones, because they're a lot more useful. Maybe without a damage cap we would see something better, but buffs and debuffs are pretty important in this game.

What kind of priority for Black Magic honing would you guys suggest? I was going to try and get Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga and Comet to R4, and for the 4 stars focus on Quake and Bioga? Not sure what the best use of all these 3* Dark Orbs is.

That sounds about right. Get enough so your mages can cover bases. Maybe have 2 of each of those 3* ability so you can have 2 mages hitting weaknesses

MicH

I usually get 1200 to 2500 gil a day from having my Yuna up with Hymn of the Fayth. Much more than I ever got with Blazefire Sabre or Shear Trigger

LucaMac

I usually get 1200 to 2500 gil a day from having my Yuna up with Hymn of the Fayth. Much more than I ever got with Blazefire Sabre or Shear Trigger

After a few weeks of less than 300 a day for Lightning I got 30k+ the day I changed back to Rydia. Admittedly there was FFIV synergy ongoing at the time, but still getting in the thousands. Hopefully Leon can up the ante.

Balphon

After a few weeks of less than 300 a day for Lightning I got 30k+ the day I changed back to Rydia. Admittedly there was FFIV synergy ongoing at the time, but still getting in the thousands. Hopefully Leon can up the ante.

I summon your RW fairly frequently since you're a non-mutual follower and I wanted to keep you on my list.

Most of the time I just pick a non-mutual follower RW and don't use it. It's getting increasingly rare that I actually need the RW and when I do it's almost always Boon.

LucaMac

I summon your RW fairly frequently since you're a non-mutual follower and I wanted to keep you on my list.

Most of the time I just pick a non-mutual follower RW and don't use it. It's getting increasingly rare that I actually need the RW and when I do it's almost always Boon.

What's your friend code? I'll follow back if it helps. I probably did before but to reduce trips to Fabul Castle and a few headaches I reduced those I'm following to less than 10 and have crept back up to 14 since. Only kept Sentinal Grimores, Advances and a Boon and Lunatic high. Have a few other random damaging Gaf ones too that are there to stay mutual more than anything and don't get much use since I stopped bothering with dailies (All getting used during the orb fest anyway), poor old CPP is King has a permanent place with his Wakka out of tribute for his fine work despite me never really using it.

I'm getting consistently under 1k per day from my boon, which is annoying when you are basically sitting at the friend cap. I'm only following 40 people, so maybe 25ish are mutual follows. I'm guilty as the next, sitting on a bunch of buff rws just in case I'm in need of a good time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I didn't realize there was a whole '50%' off pull thing starting and I did a 11x 50 Mithril pull last week ;(((((((

LucaMac

Was about to create Barrage for the craic then noticed it shares Major Earth orbs with Meteor...may put that off for a while. A handful more major earths and I'll have R2. What orbs does full break take?

Falk

that puzzling face
So I've run into around 15 Gigantuars

4 Major orbs
1 lightning 3 dark

this game likes to shove in my face the fact that my luck is stupendously good and stupendously bad at the same time.

EDIT: LOL WOW

W2rmTSLl.jpg

17 Gigantuars

5 major orbs
another dark

at least I got a 4* lightning orb

ccbfan

Geez this event is too good.

Half price 11 rolls.
Easy normal+ orbs with great exp (Comparable to exp event on sundays)

As someone that just started 1 week ago this is a Godsend.

Also I have level 50 or near level 50.

Rydia
Auron
Cloud
Starter guy

all which I don't have their memory crystals.

The ones who I have memory crystals of is Vaan, Ashe (already up to level 43), Cyan and Tera. Also have Tidus who seems pretty good.

Priority wise who should I level? I can probably have 2 or 3 leechers in my party and still able to complete stages. Rydia for aga spells, Ashe for Healing (probably not necessary), and a sword and light armor user (2 items where I have 5 star equips), is pretty much all I need to complete Heroic stages with the help of helpers. I really only have to complete one part since mt helper skills destroys the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom