• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Adult Rydia, Basch and Edea? nice! Been really looking forward to Edea, can't wait to see her sprite.

So whats the verdict on Renewing Cure? I heard its between Cura and Curaga in power but hmmmm that regen effect.

Is it worth replacing Curaga with it?

I don't know, to be honest. I think it depends on what you need and how much your healer heals per cast. I think that for most fights you will want to stick with Curaga (or Curaja if you are using it because you don't have a good Staff). On the other hand, that High Regen effect can be very useful to get rid of Poison and Sap, and don't rely on Mind for the High Regen effect. If you need another healing ability, I guess it can be a nice addition for Sage characters (or even Pally Cecil).

Wazzy

Banned
So much Mythril! Hope you get something awesome from that, with change left over :)

I've got 35 left, spent 100 towards (successfully!) getting Celes her Runic Soul Break. Definitely going to pull on the next one too - so many of my favourite characters getting banners lately.
It would be awesome to get good pulls early on so I can continue saving but I'm prepared to blow it all if needed!
Legend.

Pullin' for you Wazzy. Hopefully it pops up early so you can use the rest of that Mythril for some future events. :)
I really hope so <3

Also oh mah god at Edea event, I'm so happy we're getting her as a character!!!
Sitting on 261 Mythril here. I will pull once Eiko's banner, then hoarding for a few months.
Nice! You'll def get something with that amount. What's her SB?

Falk

that puzzling face
Regen effects are definitely better for fights where you take constant AOE damage.

Whether it's a must-have, is a little bit questionable, but people generally are rolling in wind/holy/white 3*s compared to the other flavors.

(Unless you want to scrooge those winds for orb combination because 4* Wind orbs are used by everything and their uncle)

edit: Unless you're needing to spam heals on a single character nonstop (which usually isn't the case), you'll probably get more throughput than Curaga per cast. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, the value of Renewing Cure goes up the more HP people have, because it takes less ticks for the Regen component (based on max HP) to make up the 1/4 difference vs Curaga and then start to pull ahead in HP/cast.

edit2: On the other hand, for fights where Regen is important, AOE Hi-Regen SBs/RWs exist, so...

I don't know, to be honest. I think it depends on what you need and how much your healer heals per cast. I think that for most fights you will want to stick with Curaga (or Curaja if you are using it because you don't have a good Staff). On the other hand, that High Regen effect can be very useful to get rid of Poison and Sap, and don't rely on Mind for the High Regen effect. If you need another healing ability, I guess it can be a nice addition for Sage characters (or even Pally Cecil).
I think it's just regular Regen with this ability.

I really hope so <3

I know, right? Perfection.

I hope they keep her full costume. The took away her back ornament in Pictologica. (Maybe we'll finally get an FFVIII summoner with her.)

Nohar

It would be awesome to get good pulls early on so I can continue saving but I'm prepared to blow it all if needed!

I really hope so <3

Nice! You'll def get something with that amount. What's her SB?

Eiko's Flute is Cura (AoE) + Hastega, which is very nice. The downside is that her weapon is an Instrument, ie. not something that many characters can use, so it is pretty much restricted to her if you get it. On the other hand, it is a very good instrument, since it will have reasonable ATK, MAG and MND, and is ranged.
Other items in her banner include Vivi's Cypress Pile (Doublecast Meteorite), Garnet's Storm Staff (Ramuh), Ice Staff (Staff), Healing Rod (Rod). So you have 5 weapons out of 9 which are mage weapons (although the Ice Staff is probably a regular Staff with high MND but low INT, making it less interesting than the others choices). It also has Steiner's Defender if you need a FFIX sword. The only "bad" item in there is the Cat's Claws.

Jyrii

Banned
Again I am having trouble with +++

Earth dragon hits too hard. I was able to finish the fight, but not master it since one of my guys died.

Advance didn't seem to do the trick this time. I have rank 4 Intimitade, but it runs out so quickly.

I tried using the following team:
- Cloud: Drain strike, Tempo flurry
- Vaan: Magic breakdown, Power breakdown
- L. Cecil: Intimidate, Shellga
- Celes: Aerora strike, Watera strike
- Aerith: Curaja, Protectga

Aerith has Planet protector, but I haven't had it ready to be casted. I also used AoE healing RW.

I can survive about till 50 to 25% HP, but then I run out of skills. Is there any way to cheese Earth dragon?

Earth dragon hits too hard. I was able to finish the fight, but not master it since one of my guys died.

Advance didn't seem to do the trick this time. I have rank 4 Intimitade, but it runs out so quickly.

Aerith has Planet protector, but I haven't had it ready to be casted. I also used AoE healing RW.

I can survive about till 50 to 25% HP, but then I run out of skills. Is there any way to cheese Earth dragon?

Put Venom Buster on someone - it ticks for like 4.5k. I used the following setup for Mastery:

Terra: Waterja, Comet
Celes - Watera Strike, Firaga Strike
Cloud - Tempo Flurry, Aerora Strike
Y'Shtola - Curaga, Shellga,
Setzer - Intimidate, Venom Buster

RW was Boon I believe - Setzer was MVP in keeping him stunlocked and poisoned. I have Minerva Buster for Terra and Stoneskin II for Y'Shtola which helped.

Razmos

Sleep + Poison. keep resetting until poison works straight away. The boss has high HP which means each tick of poison will do good damage. That combined with lots of magic will probably be able to finish it off.

You can't use that strategy with physical attacks though, so maybe intimidate + poison?

Jyrii

Banned
Sleep + Poison. keep resetting until poison works straight away. The boss has high HP which means each tick of poison will do good damage. That combined with lots of magic will probably be able to finish it off.

You can't use that strategy with physical attacks though, so maybe intimidate + poison?

I tried Intimidate + poison before and that's when I got expert.

I went with this and lost 3 medals for mastery

Celes: Aerora Strike, Watera Strike
Terra: Waterga, Venom Buster
Vanille: Curaga, Shellga
Setzer: Magic Breakdown, Intimidate
Vivi: Waterja, Drainga
RM: Sentinel's Grimoire

Jyrii

Banned
Oh wow.

I tried different setup:

- Tidus: Intimidate, Silence buster
- Celes: Poison, Aerora strike
- Terra: Waterga, Waterja
- Aerith: Protectga, Curaja

Somehow Intimidate was succesfully applied most times. Poison stick on the second try. Silence didn't apply even once. I used Lunatic High RW.

It must have been pure luck, but I got master this time!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone have any advice for that FFV fight against Archeoaevis?

Is it worth wasting orbs on Death to try to kill the final form since he apparently takes your party down to 1HP, or can you just retameta the whole battle and hope you can do a group heal during the last phase?

Anyone have any advice for that FFV fight against Archeoaevis?

Is it worth wasting orbs on Death to try to kill the final form since he apparently takes your party down to 1HP, or can you just retameta the whole battle and hope you can do a group heal during the last phase?

Hone iai strike, its a 3 star and I got the death proc on the first attack

I read that the percentage is lower, and I'd hate to get to the final form only to have to S/L. Well, unless the fight itself is relatively easy otherwise?

Its more annoying because he gets up 5 times, and outside of his hurricane attack nothing he ever did to me was that scary.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Its more annoying because he gets up 5 times, and outside of his hurricane attack nothing he ever did to me was that scary.
So like everything else in the game, it's RNG. lol

I'm trying to do this ++ battle and can't get Intimidate to hit the stupid earth dragon... S/L over and over again.

MicH

To those wondering about which ability is best for death:

Iai Strike has a 30% chance
Pressure Point has a 50% chance
Death (black magic spell) has a 70% chance

Apparently Archeoaevis is in the upcoming FFV event too.

The last form is vulnerable to silence and apparently maelstrom is black magic (which also means if you drew the dusk lance you could might guard to dodge a maelstrom). I'm pretty sure I just used Death or pressure point on it.

Also apparently it is one of those bosses that shows up as a black square on iOS9.

Apparently Archeoaevis is in the upcoming FFV event too.

The last form is vulnerable to silence and apparently maelstrom is black magic (which also means if you drew the dusk lance you could might guard to dodge a maelstrom). I'm pretty sure I just used Death or pressure point on it.

Also apparently it is one of those bosses that shows up as a black square on iOS9.

Can confirm that

Razmos

Saw this on Reddit:
QGPxyRJ.png

I was like "Holy shit that is so unfair"

But then I saw what he actually got:

So 2 MBO away from R2 meteor and what is upcoming for me in MBO...chance for Ultima weapon to drop, one reward in dungeon update 14. I have a feeling I'm going to have to beat that Seifer and Edea elite I've put off (as it has no shards) as that also rewards a MBO. Who knows maybe I'll luck out in dailies tomorrow so have to do neither.
who am I kidding if I get one from there I'll be heading straight for Seifer and Edea

I was like "Holy shit that is so unfair"

But then I saw what he actually got:
I can hear it already "you got three Oganics...shame they were Organyx"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What characters are even left to release in Japan?

Core: Onion Knight?, Geomancer?, Dark Knight?
FF1: Maybe Garland?
FF2: Guy, Maybe the Emperor?
FF3: Maybe Xande?
FF4: Yang, Palom, Porom, Cid, Zemus?
FF5: I think they've released everyone they could.
FF6: Gogo, Umaro, General Leo?, Banon?, Gestahl?
FF7: Cait Sith, Vincent, Rude?, Tseng?, Rufus?
FF8: Kiros, Ward, Edea?, Fujin, Raijin?
FF9: Kuja?
FF10: Seymour?, Paine?, Shuyin?
FF12: Basch, Gabranth?
FF13: Serah?, Noel?

And then I guess characters from spinoffs.

Razmos

FF13: Serah?, Noel?.

FF12: Gabranth, Larsa, Vossler, Reddas, Vayne
FF13: Serah, Noel, Yuel, Caius, Alyssa, Jihl, Lumina. Maybe even Dajh

FF13 could also have a lot of dress records for XIII Serah, XIII-2 Lightning, Snow and Hope and XIIILR Lightning and Snow.

And FFIV has the entire After Years cast to work with.

Also we already have the Dark Knight core character.

FF12: Gabranth, Larsa, Vossler, Reddas, Vayne
FF13: Serah, Noel, Yuel, Caius, Alyssa, Jihl, Lumina. Maybe even Dajh

FF13 could also have a lot of dress records for XIII Serah, XIII-2 Lightning, Snow and Hope and XIIILR Lightning and Snow.

And FFIV has the entire After Years cast to work with.

Also we already have the Dark Knight core character.

If they really want to extend it, they could do the cast of FFX-2:

Thief Rikku, Paine, LeBlanc, Shuyin, Nooj, Gippal, Baralai, maybe even Lenne

Red Mage

What characters are even left to release in Japan?

Core: Onion Knight?, Geomancer?, Dark Knight?
FF1: Maybe Garland?
FF2: Guy, Maybe the Emperor?
FF3: Maybe Xande?
FF4: Yang, Palom, Porom, Cid, Zemus?
FF5: I think they've released everyone they could.
FF6: Gogo, Umaro, General Leo?, Banon?, Gestahl?
FF7: Cait Sith, Vincent, Rude?, Tseng?, Rufus?
FF8: Kiros, Ward, Edea?, Fujin, Raijin?
FF9: Kuja?
FF10: Seymour?, Paine?, Shuyin?
FF13: Serah?, Noel?

And then I guess characters from spinoffs.

There's Scott from FFII, Sara and the other 'companions' from III, all of the After Years characters, X-2 characters, and the rest of the cast of FFT.

Couple questions / comments...

- I really wish we had the retro text like this version...
- I saw the Bahamut attack animated... does western version ever do this?

That version is a SSB, I believe.

PSA: Selphie's record materia is a HUGE help for when you bring a mage on your team and you use auto-battle to get through the goons.
You mean Garnet, right? That said the sprites for Selphie, Tifa and Garnet all look really similar
they're the same person

Bit of a pain to drop with the FFIX dungeon requirement.

You mean Garnet, right? That said the sprites for Selphie, Tifa and Garnet all look really similar
they're the same person

Bit of a pain to drop with the FFIX dungeon requirement.

Selphie's materia allows your attack to randomly turn into a magic attack instead. It's nice to have your mages hit more than 100 points once in a while.

The battle against purobolos in the walse meteor can you just kill all of them at the same time to get around the arise issue like in the original game?

Wasn't there something floating around about them adding FF11 characters not long ago also? Sure we haven't seen the last of XIV, XV is on the way and if ExDeath can make it in probably the rest of the Dissida cast will too.

Don't think we'll get a shortage any time soon :)

greyshark

The battle against purobolos in the walse meteor can you just kill all of them at the same time to get around the arise issue like in the original game?

I've only done Classic but some of them kept Self-Destructing on me so I couldn't just plan to kill them all with an AoE at the end. Silence is pretty much mandatory for the fight.

LucaMac

We still have no way of inflicting sap right? Noticed Necrophobe in the V event bonus battles isn't immune. Preparing like Batman etc etc.

Flying through this dungeon update with no trouble so far. Pheonix cave elite to do then only the VII dungeons left. Not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom