• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Whew, barely managed to get the 3 MC's from the FFXIII event before it goes away. The last one at Difficulty 75 was rough, barely got away with it.

Nohar

I love the new "+" EXP daily dungeon. 99000 EXP everytime, no more enemies giving less exp than the others, Magic Pot dropping 4* Egg (when they feel generous)... It really is a nice change.

I'll do the +, ++ and +++ fights of Setzer's event tomorrow. It shouldn't be too hard.

I could use better synergy for the FFV realm... But I won't pull until the Super^3 Soul Break Celebration (and maybe Eiko's banner - it is hard to ignore so many magic items, and I could use the synergy).

Nohar

I can hone ruinga up to r2 think its worth or should I use those orbs else where?

Depends on what you have and what you need. It should be safe to hone Ruinga to R2, especially if you don't have many AoE abilities. Ruinga is one of the best and safest 4* spells to create and hone (non-elemental, good damage, not that hard to hone, not summon). Keep a few Holy orbs if you want to hone Diaga and Curaja instead.

Razmos

The + Exp Daily is actually worth running, praise RNGesus.

No more of those fucking imps that absorb all elements and counter with Berserk. yatta

Depends on what you have and what you need. It should be safe to hone Ruinga to R2, especially if you don't have many AoE abilities. Ruinga is one of the best and safest 4* spells to create and hone (non-elemental, good damage, not that hard to hone, not summon). Keep a few Holy orbs if you want to hone Diaga and Curaja instead.

I already have diaga to r3 which is usually more then enough for my healer. At r2 ruinga could replace quake r2 as my go to nuke spell for keeping damage down

Red Mage

I should probably craft Meteor at some point, but it seems like a poor investment over Ruinga until I can at least get it to rank 3.

I have like a half dozen 5* mage weapons at this point, though, so I'm probably an outlier.

It does not damage than Ruinga, allowing you to one shot high end elite mooks.

Kaiterra

Banned
Awesome! Met my goal of grinding up enough to beat Gafgarion and get Ramza and Agrias' MCs in just over a week from starting the game in Japan. That free Protectga from the FFX-2 event was clutch. Tossed that out, hit Gafgarion with Power/Armor Break, then had Jecht and Ramza fire off friend summons using Cloud's BSSB before mopping up the bad guys with the burst attacks.

Shahadan

I'm so glad I quit, guys, you should totally follow my example because I've seen the light and I'll be sure to tell you about it in a lot of posts over the next few days.

I'm so glad I quit, guys, you should totally follow my example because I've seen the light and I'll be sure to tell you about it in a lot of posts over the next few days.

I'm in to deep. Wanted to quit so many times. I'm probably seeing this game through till the bitter end at this point.

Shahadan

I was just making a joke about how often people kept saying they had quit and how we should all do the same because moneygrabbing and stuff but joke's on me apparently!

Anyway the UI finally got me, hardest boss in the game! Maybe I'll come back when the new one is here even if I'll be really far behind by then...
I didn't even bother getting Cloud's second crystal ;(

Feels weird.

Plaguefox

Anyway the UI finally got me, hardest boss in the game!
No lie. I've got a fast phone. This is the slowest, jankiest interface I've dealt with outside of Final Fantasy IV. Even outside of how long of a wait everything is for no reason, the sheer amount of button presses you have to go through just to prepare for a dungeon is nuts. If I'm wanting to play a specific elite core dungeon, it's slogging through bad scrolling dungeon doors, pressing a laggy Elite button, slogging through a laggy vertical list of paintings, finding out what the boss is weak to, leaving completely go to to the party list. There, building the party first, setting up record materia in its own menu, setting up the right equipment, figuring out abilities, all of which may be mitigated a bit by a premade party but those are often out of date, then I go back to the dungeons, go back to the right door, go back to the Elite button, go back to the right painting, hit GO, press optimize just once to see if I missed any obvious record synergy, cancel that, go into roaming warriors and realize that the one I anticipated using isn't in the set, so I go back into party, back into abilities, set my abilities again to accommodate the different roaming warrior, make sure everything is square there, go back to realms, back to the dungeon door, back to the elite button, back to the painting, back to the party screen, back to the roaming warrior, and finally I can play the dungeon.

I can wait for the UI update, but it sure ain't easy. I hope to random deities everywhere that the improved UI flow also comes with a general speed boost on the time between pressing a thing and anything happening.

Falk

that puzzling face
No lie pt2: This is the best part about the RS-agnostic AOE daily team I mentioned a few pages back. Hit assemble, blow stamina on Daily. No need to worry about RS and all that.

Plaguefox

No lie pt2: This is the best part about the RS-agnostic AOE daily team I mentioned a few pages back. Hit assemble, blow stamina on Daily. No need to worry about RS and all that.
My speedy lazy search for this was unsuccessful. Could you link to the specific post and save me further less speedy similarly lazy searching?

Falk

that puzzling face
Nice thing about post-orbfest dailies is I pretty much have 1 loadout saved that works for all dailies - mage/mage/summoner/summoner in the back row with ruinga/meteor/maduin/valefor and Snow with draw fire, all in the first ability slot. The four casters have Zeal, Sky Pirate's Pride, Pre-emptive Strike and Flash of Light. Don't even need the recharge RMs.

I just spam the first ability slot at 3 speed. So far people have only died once. (Boo hoo, Expert instead of Master, gonna get 150% instead of 200% XP for my capped dudes)

Being able to autobattle them might have been even less effort, but that'd require tinkering with the awful UI to set up for RS. Rather just have my RS-agnostic AOE party handle things.

^

Falk

that puzzling face
... And because I wanted to take a screenshot, I just accidentally replaced it instead of assembling it so I need to make that loadout again.

This UI got the last laugh.

2 more 5* abilities to craft to get those damn quests out of the way. Barrage and Flare Strike. Now that I can clear ++ pretty reliably I think I should be able to do it before the quest system is revamped.

I upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S4 to a Note 5 and the RK interface is quite a bit faster/smoother. I mean, it's still shit but noticeably not quite as shit.

So the obvious answer for those with UI issues is to go buy a $700 phone.

Plaguefox

So the obvious answer for those with UI issues is to go buy a $700 phone.
Is it strange that I feel like a Moto X 2014 should be able to hold its own? I watched a friend who tried to play on a Galaxy SIII eventually gave up due to slowness and felt a little like I had it good, but honestly for what little is going on it should be blazing fast. It has something to do with being based on HTML, right?

Eeck. I don't have any 5 star abilities yet and a friend says I should skip the quests and just get Full Break. I'm conflicted. How badly do I need to satisfy my OCD and finish those last four quests? I don't know if I really need Holy, Barrage, Flare and Flare Strike, but never having the quests completed might bug me. Decisions decisions.

I was being sarcastic about upgrading; I'm not sure what the deal is really, whether it's phone issues or the game. The performance seems to be all over the place between individuals.

For a long while the game ran fine on my S4 then after some update, it went to complete shit. It really is MUCH better on my Note 5 but hopefully the game will be smoother across the board once the new UI is released.

Nohar

If I didn't download Droid4x, I would have certainly stopped playing. The game is just unplayable on my iPhone 4s. Changing characters, equipment and abilities shouldn't take 15min.

Wazzy

Banned
All VII and VIII elites mastered. Almost done all X elites though I won't be mastering them all since I messed up a couple parts.

Bartz event is next right?

Nohar

All VII and VIII elites mastered. Almost done all X elites though I won't be mastering them all since I messed up a couple parts.

Bartz event is next right?

Yup. We will get, in that order:
  • Bartz/Gilgamesh (FFV)
  • Seifer (FFVIII) - also Squall's SSB.
  • Zidane/Eiko (FFIX) - second banner is notable for being one of the most interesting banner if you are looking for Mage weapons.
  • Lulu (FFX) - Lulu's Hairpin on the second banner is a very interesting item.
  • Shadow (FFVI)
  • Luneth, Ingus, Arc, Refia (FFIII - most likely skipped!)
  • SSB Celebration
  • Sephiroth/Reno (FFVII)

So much Mythril! Hope you get something awesome from that, with change left over :)

I've got 35 left, spent 100 towards (successfully!) getting Celes her Runic Soul Break. Definitely going to pull on the next one too - so many of my favourite characters getting banners lately.

Nohar

By the way, the new dress records in Japan are going to be Lenna (default), Galuf (default) and Rydia (adult). Source (FFRK Report #5).

New events in Japan are going to be Vincent (FFVII), Basch (FFXII) and Edea (FFVIII). The next Chamber of Abyss event will be about White Magic (which makes me wonder what 6* WM ability they will introduce). Source (FFRK Report #5).

A little more details (not much, mind you) in this GameFaq post. FFT normal dungeons will be added shortly to FFRK Japan, and they are going to introduce even tougher bosses than the Misfortune challenges.

Falk

that puzzling face
(which makes me wonder what 6* WM ability they will introduce).

I hope it's Scan. Then Reddit can bitch about how DeNA are xenophobic and mistreating the global service in comparison to JP. (Because that makes as much sense as every time they do)

The common daily draw was reset with the dungeon update. Well, the daily draw resets outside of its usual schedule whenever they add items (yes that means Organics could now be yours for free with astronomically low odds). It used to be every event ending but now it seems like every other dungeon update.

So the new common odds the game claims are:
1* 73.765%, 2* 19.962%, 3* 5.975%, 4* 0.135%, 5* 0.163%
Would you look at that the real brag now is getting 4* rather than a 5*.

edit: Apparently Firion is appearing in the Break level cap screen despite the event with his MC being skipped. Leon on the other hand does not but both of them appear in the RM unlock screen. Probably an oversight due to said event. The new abilities are things there were given out in the event (we're never getting more SaGa abilities, are we?).

Nohar

I hope it's Scan. Then Reddit can bitch about how DeNA are xenophobic and mistreating the global service in comparison to JP. (Because that makes as much sense as every time they do)

I haven't been on Reddit for too long (heck, I joined Reddit only because of the FFRK subreddit), but frankly criticism towards DeNA has calmed down considerably, and people who made accusations of xenophobic behavior were always voted down (for good reasons). So I don't really understand your complaint here. The FFRK Reddit community is incredibly helpful and friendly, with tons of useful posts regarding relic advices, event advices, and so on.

We are also still missing a few abilities and the rolling gacha. That is not bitching: this is merely stating facts. And most people don't pay attention to that anymore ever since we got the 5* drop rate increase.

Razmos

Adult Rydia, Basch and Edea? nice! Been really looking forward to Edea, can't wait to see her sprite.

So whats the verdict on Renewing Cure? I heard its between Cura and Curaga in power but hmmmm that regen effect.

Is it worth replacing Curaga with it?

Adult Rydia, Basch and Edea? nice! Been really looking forward to Edea, can't wait to see her sprite.

So whats the verdict on Renewing Cure? I heard its between Cura and Curaga in power but hmmmm that regen effect.

Is it worth replacing Curaga with it?
It could be useful in situations where you use Sap inflicting RMs, as it would cancel them out. Though unless your WM has really high MND, it probably won't be as handy in harder dungeons/fights. (Curaga is already starting to not always cut it.)

Falk

that puzzling face
I haven't been on Reddit for too long (heck, I joined Reddit only because of the FFRK subreddit), but frankly criticism towards DeNA has calmed down considerably, and people who made accusations of xenophobic behavior were always voted down (for good reasons). So I don't really understand your complaint here. The FFRK Reddit community is incredibly helpful and friendly, with tons of useful posts regarding relic advices, event advices, and so on.

We are also still missing a few abilities and the rolling gacha. That is not bitching: this is merely stating facts. And most people don't pay attention to that anymore ever since we got the 5* drop rate increase.

Eh, there's a lot of good and bad to reddit. There are quite a few extremely vocal people who literally won't stop dispensing bad advice (2x Maduin, good luck with the orbs lol), but that's besides the point.

I think the worst bout was around the time JP was getting their anniversary event and the same people bitching about Global generally were the ones rerolling nonstop to do pulls on the Lucky Draw banner with the 50 free Mythril.

Would be funny if Undead enemies get inflicted by Sap instead of Regen. Unfortunately nope :(

Razmos

It could be useful in situations where you use Sap inflicting RMs, as it would cancel them out. Though unless your WM has really high MND, it probably won't be as handy in harder dungeons/fights. (Curaga is already starting to not always cut it.)
Hmm, well I have 3 5* healer weapons (Judgement Staff, Lullaby Rod and Holy Rod), Y'shtola's healer robe which gives +20 Mind, as well as a +20 Mind accessory, and all my healers are around level 65. So I don't think a lack of mind is a problem.

I think I'll craft it and try it out just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom