• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAdept

Wow this has been the easiest EX battles so far. Granted, I haven't completed many of them, but it was fairly straightforward.

Zantesuken even procced on Black Dragon trying to slow it with Tempo Flurry. I didn't even get a chance to get Retaliate up on Cloud =\

Silencega/Seal Evil for the medals and defend until they die is the simplest way, though not the most efficient.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about Seal Evil, thankfully Aerith is a main stay due to me getting her healing rod so I already had her ^o^

Edit: You guys totally lied to me killing them all at the same time would have worked fine, ruinga + thancred sb = gg fight

We still have no way of inflicting sap right? Noticed Necrophobe in the V event bonus battles isn't immune. Preparing like Batman etc etc.

Flying through this dungeon update with no trouble so far. Pheonix cave elite to do then only the VII dungeons left. Not so bad.
Bartz Air Knife in the next banner also gives sap.

I'm at the same spot in the DU. Being able to cheese the magic master helped a lot. Sounds like the worst is all concentrated into FFVII.

Shiiiiit

Oh well I do have Silence Buster guess I better hone it up <_<
The elite version explicitly has using silencga as a medal condition (apparently just using it is enough, doesn't matter if it missed).

If you have Aerith her SB is obviously good here too.

I think Stop also prevents their arise (although, it lasts a lot less time than silence).

You can also do a Dark Cecil and play the waiting game and just wait for them all to self destruct.

edit: Oh you beat it before I hit reply :(

Razmos

Wasn't there something floating around about them adding FF11 characters not long ago also? Sure we haven't seen the last of XIV, XV is on the way and if ExDeath can make it in probably the rest of the Dissida cast will too.

Don't think we'll get a shortage any time soon :)
Yeah, ordinary FF11 dungeons are coming in January for Japan, so we are expecting an event before then.

Xetherion

We still have no way of inflicting sap right? Noticed Necrophobe in the V event bonus battles isn't immune. Preparing like Batman etc etc.

Flying through this dungeon update with no trouble so far. Pheonix cave elite to do then only the VII dungeons left. Not so bad.

Vaan's White Whorl SB has a Sap proc, and if you want I can put it up as my RW.

MicH

OH MY GOD, STOP BARRIER SHIFTING, MAGIC MASTER

My GOD that animation takes FOREVER and he does it every two seconds!

Oh man the Dark Knight core class looks like the biggest goober :|

Dark Knights are always one of my favorite classes in rpgs I was hoping he'd look bad ass... and not... ugh

Negator

Advantilating through these last two FFX dungeons because they are annoying and I hate them and I have no FFX synergy. I haven't had to do this strategy in a while so I'm cool with it.

Then I'll be ready to dive into the new dungeons. Wednesday can't come soon enough though.

MicH

Jesus, the trash mobs in the new VI elites are ridiculous. One has an AoE spell than can cause blind, confuse, sleep and doom! What! And the r-rex can cast Meteor!

broz0rs

So I found out that a 4* relic with synergy, in this case a Red Jacket (VI), is stronger than a 5*+ relic without synergy (6* Genji helmet)

*sigh* been playing this game wrong the whole time

Falk

that puzzling face
With Planet Protector up, Setzer with a 4++ knife Breakdowns for 9999

:salut: mage meta, you served well.

So I found out that a 4* relic with synergy, in this case a Red Jacket (VI), is stronger than a 5*+ relic without synergy (6* Genji helmet)

*sigh* been playing this game wrong the whole time

a 2++ with RS is == a 5* without RS.

If I could make a tier chart
Code:
~250ATK   RS 5++ (lol)
~220ATK   RS 5+
~190ATK   RS 5
~180ATK   RS 4++
~155ATK   RS 4+
~135ATK   RS 4  == RS 3++ 
~120ATK   5++
~115ATK   RS 3+ == 5+
~105ATK   RS 3 == RS 2++ == 5
 ~85ATK   4++
 ~70ATK   RS 2+ == RS 1++ == 4+
 ~65ATK   4 
 ~55ATK   RS 1+ == 3++

Rest not worth mentioning.

Things vary quite a bit depending on individual items because they have a different base and scale differently (esp unique/SSB 5*s being higher) but that's a rough gauge. For other types of equipment, their primary stat scales in a similar way.

tl;dr RS bonus is absurd.

edit: Added ballpark ATK figures for swords.

Been playing daily for just over 2 months now - the curiosity has definitely become something I enjoy doing every day. Naturally still lagging behind you guys, but clearing Bonus Battles for last couple events and Stamina is at 122 so slowly but surely getting caught up - orb fest and some decent pulls helped loads.

Really looking forward to Gilgamesh, was such a memorable character from V and it will be good to have an alternative to Cloud (level cap be damned!)

I made the mistake of seeing just how far behind I am in classic dungeons :X only have 101 stamina and am currently doing the big bridge battle. I hope to catch up by the end of the month most of this content has been really easy

Razmos

FFXI arrives
FXwxhKN.jpg
OOOOOH HOHOHOHO
ShantottoDissidiaLaughing.PNG

LucaMac

Vaan's White Whorl SB has a Sap proc, and if you want I can put it up as my RW.

No harm, though depending it might not be as useful as mitigation. Will have to see how tough he is. Was just a general question really. Seems there are a few ways but we are very restricted.

Yea hit a big Jenova Life shaped wall. Even the classic version stomped me a few times.It hits like a truck in elite even with SG, shell magic breakdown and full break up. How it still hits for 800+ with that I don't know. I was silly and brought a few who needed levels as my VII crew are all maxed. That was a gigantic mistake. Aeris is the only one who should be allowed cast stop on Jenova. In the event it was lasting two turns if so of I missed there was breathing room. This time it won't even last until my stop casters (Celes, because I was naive and didnt expect such a jump from the VI content) next turn.

Jenova...you're a bollocks.

Going to have to go from the beginning with full VII team I reckon.

LucaMac

Seems kind of cheap to use the 2 Million download to just continue the daily mythril drop. = /

Yea that's as bad as Jenova. Feck sake like. Two million downloads so we are going to...eh...keep giving you mythril that we were giving you anyway.

Should have been a one off 5 mythril to the inbox or something, at the very least.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tinfoil hat time: The bizarre number of days (11/10 - 12/2) suggests something else is coming on 12/2.

!:0

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think I'll quickly get over the hilarity of support characters hitting for 9999 with debuff moves.

(Setzer isn't even using the Zantetsuken. Celes is. Setzer's using a 4++ knife)

xC0ixlpl.jpg

edit: Context is I'm messing around with Planet Protector.

MicH

Great. My best FFVII weapon is Golden Sword :( A few stages before level 80 cloud with boost narrowly missed OHKOing some trash that wasn't a 15k HP dragon.]
I have several really good VII weapons (Organics, Crystal Glove and Diamond Pin) and even I failed to master it the first time around! You have to face it three times and when you kill it the third time it dies off with an AoE attack that killed multiple characters for me. It has so many hard hitting AoE moves

I don't think I'll quickly get over the hilarity of support characters hitting for 9999 with debuff moves.

edit: Context is I'm messing around with Planet Protector.
I run multiple support characters when using planet Protector because of the relatively high multiplier on breakdowns and the insane boost from PP. They end up doing a respectable amount of damage, and being able to hastega and Status Reels makes the damage output skyrocket.

LucaMac

Being OCD, I do not accept any date classification other than YYYY/MM/DD. Bigger shit goes on the left. Smaller shit goes on the right.

I'm the exact same only completely different...

Aka. Same thing, but small to big DD/MM/YYYY, or it grates my nerves. It often catches me completely off guard when dates are given in the US format. Especially when it could be another date, like 'February' above. That reads as the 11th of October to the 12th of February to me (Which is definitely a bizarre number of days, hence the comment). I don't even realise sometimes. Release dates for games etc for example.

End of the day it doesn't really matter. I just find it bizarre how such a small difference can cause such confusion.

Being OCD, I do not accept any date classification other than YYYY/MM/DD. Bigger shit goes on the left. Smaller shit goes on the right.
Yeah, even as a UK person i prefer the US date formatting as it keeps things (like build numbers) in numerical order.

Falk

that puzzling face
YYYYMMDD isn't US though. If anything, it's Japanese.

GLORIOUS NIPPON DATE

DDMMYYYY is like saying uh

Cloud is 71cm, 1m tall

???

everything was Cloud

LucaMac

Edit:

I always saw that system as MM/DD/YYYY not YYYY/MM/DD so thats why it seemed insane to me. Big to left etc actually makes sense.

Anyway. I've opened a can of worms. Apologies

Eh...swift change of subject. I crafted a second stop to R4 in the hope of stop locking Jenova life while I advantaliate her to death. Both Stop artists with haste RM. Might work...here it goes.

Done with these elites. Very easy until the jenova life, the only one I found required way too many reloads to get a survivable sequence in. Jenova death was so easy in comparison with the trash round to set mitigation up. I lost four medals in the ultimate weapon battles, used all magic for #1 and mixed with advantaliate for #2and then #3 was mostly advance. Again meteor r2 ruinga r4 and valefor r5 mean rolling through everything including bosses who have no elemental weaknesses.

MicH

Not sure if I should pull on IX banner #2 or X banner #2. The only natural 5* relic I have for IX is a rove and the only natural 5* relic I have for X is the Lullaby Rod. Both banners are excellent, but the next SSB celebration is also really close. Hopefully they show us what banners we get in that event, because in JP there was a really good banner filled with X synergy relics

Tinfoil hat time: The bizarre number of days (11/10 - 12/2) suggests something else is coming on 12/2.

!:0

Probably winter mythril that'll last till like February when we get a 2.5 or 3 million download thing or something

Not sure if I should pull on IX banner #2 or X banner #2. The only natural 5* relic I have for IX is a rove and the only natural 5* relic I have for X is the Lullaby Rod. Both banners are excellent, but the next SSB celebration is also really close. Hopefully they show us what banners we get in that event, because in JP there was a really good banner filled with X synergy relics

I just plan to pull on FFV banner and then wait till SSB. Maybe do a pull on the 10 as I have nothing that's even native 4 star there

Got to the classic dungeon that has demon wall near in FFXII, I've heard this fight is separates adults from kids, gonna try it without advance/retaliate and see how it goes

Edit: Slow proc'd instantly and between that and lunatic high he barely attacked his only status alignment to land was a blind on Cloud well after the fight was already over

Nohar

Well, the Elites are becoming rather brutal. It is quite scary, to be honest. Also, is JENOVA perma-hasted or something? She acts very quickly, and twice per turn at that. That's violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom