• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Well those were some easy bonus battles.

Yeah, the boss rush is a joke: only 3 fights, one of each can be instant ko'd, the other two vulnerable to paralyze and with elemental weakness. It was like DeNA wanted post-orb dungeon newcomers to feel like they could beat at least it. King Behemoth is actually the hardest fight, considering Earth Dragon can be sleep or paralyzed (it has ridiculous HP, though 270k)

Meanwhile I'm sitting here like a cheapskate waiting to do boss rush after XP daily.

I was going to wait, but I took my level 26 Setzer all the way to Earth Dragon, even thought he wasn't needed there, since he was already all equipped and the less time spent with the UI the better. haha

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/ogpsh.png[/IMG]

Spellblade meta > mage meta.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A68x4at7cjQ&feature=youtu.be

Falk

that puzzling face
Earth Dragon kinda feels like a beefed up Archeosaur check.

- Do you have paralyze
- Do you have poison?
- Can you survive (IRL) savescumming till they both stick?

edit: Man, still remember the first Rinoa event. "oh my God this dino has 150k hp cloud only hits for 2k @#*$(@*#$@#$"

I'm thinking about using Tyro for my 3 man squad so I can give him Draw Fire and Retaliate, between advance and all XIII gear synergy he'll do 9999 damage and that can free up one character to have Curaga/Shellga and the other to have Tempo Flurry (proc slow then retaliate) and Magic Break, just save scum the first two rounds if I get hit more then once.

Road

I'm thinking about using Tyro for my 3 man squad so I can give him Draw Fire and Retaliate, between advance and all XIII gear synergy he'll do 9999 damage and that can free up one character to have Curaga/Shellga and the other to have Tempo Flurry (proc slow then retaliate) and Magic Break, just save scum the first two rounds if I get hit more then once.

Draw Fire is useless for Barthandelus. There's only 1 physical ability, but it's AOE.

I beat it with Advance, but if you have a 5* XIII weapon for your retaliator, you could maybe replace the RW for mitigation and you'll probably need less s/l'ing.

Draw Fire is useless for Barthandelus. There's only 1 physical ability, but it's AOE.

I beat it with Advance, but if you have a 5* XIII weapon for your retaliator, you could maybe replace the RW for mitigation and you'll probably need less s/l'ing.

I have both the Keepsake Knife and the Power Glove (the natural 5 star fist weapon with no SB), I also have a 4+ Glove that is only 1 point of strength lower then the natural. I also have Vanille's staff sadly the best spells I have are r2 quake, r4 agas, and r1 ajas.

greyshark

I used Yuna's RW and it served me well. Topped me off to cure damage from trash and the heavy Regen meant I didn't need to bring a WM.

Derp this is the wrong thread

Edit: Well I did get the Hope event quest with 3 characters and mastery, took like an hour of save reset team the worked was

Sephy with Magic Break and Retaliate
FF14 Melee guy with tempo flurry and the song that buffs strength
Aerith with her mastered SB curaga and shellga

Friend summon was Sentinel Grimoire

Edit 2: damn you get 5 growth eggs for beating the exp+ dungeon

LucaMac

Thats some nice exp in the + dungeon. Almost 100,000 for mastery with guaranteed greater or major egg drops from the pots.Earth dragon gave me the last Major Earth I needed for R2 Meteor too. It's a good day.

Falk

that puzzling face
Useless Strago in the XP dungeon with r4 Ruinga and a Haste RM be like

x77IU2Y.gif

It's hilarious that he's there destroying everything and Setzer/Celes are there to soak XP.

Balphon

Useless Strago in the XP dungeon with r4 Ruinga and a Haste RM be like

Cue Strago soloing King Behemoth.

Thats some nice exp in the + dungeon. Almost 100,000 for mastery with guaranteed greater or major egg drops from the pots.Earth dragon gave me the last Major Earth I needed for R2 Meteor too. It's a good day.

They can drop 3* eggs.

Still better than the heroic. Easier mobs, too.

Razmos

The bonus battles were pretty easy, though I beat the Earth Dragon the old fashioned way by brute forcing it with no status effects, so I ran out of abilities towards the end trying to whittle down that HP.

I'm thinking of doing some pulls on the FFV banner because I really need some synergy there.

EDIT: Oh, I got the 5* Holy Rod from the 100-gem pull :3 I had good FFVI physical synergy but no magic weapons so that's pretty awesome.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, no one really has any melee weapons for V. The only ouchies are from Judgement Staff/Healing Staff.

(Rune Axe 4++ doesn't count)

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, which leads to the hilariously bizarre situation where Auron cannot Full Break.

I know that's not a Breakdown

MrDaravon

Early on is it best to get one team to the level cap (or very close) for carry purposes before leveling others? Two weeks in and I still feel like I'm in this weird spot where some content is too easy, but then everything else is way too hard. Like today's daily EXP dungeon; Hard is babymode, Heroic is a struggle for me where I can 1 or 2 shotted. Thinking maybe I'm spreading myself too thin with leveling characters? I've got Cloud at 53 as my only constant party member. Then I've got Rydia at 49, Cyan at 46, and then I've got a ton of other characters all anywhere between 28-40. Should I focus more on getting a team at the cap and just rotating in like one or two characters tops?

Falk

that puzzling face
That's a hard question. I think Cloud, one BLM (Vivi ehehehe), one summoner and one WHM (the latter two are often interchangeable) as high as they will go are no-brainers, since they're likely going to be in there for the hardest content regardless of realm.

The other spots usually change from realm to realm due to min-max. The best example of this are the Support guys - Fran/Irvine/Sazh/Wakka for example were pretty much interchangeable depending on realm synergy.

I think you definitely want a core team first, and then a core set of go-to stand-ins. (e.g. people you have SB 5*s for, etc)

Characters who hit 50 become far more useful/versatile just from being able to equip RMs, so getting a few of the others to 50 rather than getting a whole bunch from e.g. 20 to 40 would give you more options should you need to swap people in and out.

edit: Important thing is that the further you can go in each event, the more rewards you can reap (the ones at the end of events are all pretty significant - 4* orbs, 4* abilities, etc) so a carry team as you put it is the best idea medium-term since it feeds into itself in getting you more power level when you get more rewards out of each event.

Early on is it best to get one team to the level cap (or very close) for carry purposes before leveling others? Two weeks in and I still feel like I'm in this weird spot where some content is too easy, but then everything else is way too hard. Like today's daily EXP dungeon; Hard is babymode, Heroic is a struggle for me where I can 1 or 2 shotted. Thinking maybe I'm spreading myself too thin with leveling characters? I've got Cloud at 53 as my only constant party member. Then I've got Rydia at 49, Cyan at 46, and then I've got a ton of other characters all anywhere between 28-40. Should I focus more on getting a team at the cap and just rotating in like one or two characters tops?

Yeah you really want a team of 50+ characters with their record materia ideally 2 melee, 1 wm, 1 bm, and 1 flex spot to eventually be a summoner. Let that be your staple team for tackling the harder classics/elites/events while you build up lower characters in the easy content and first half of events/Dailies. Take advantage of exp eggs and exp daily to catch up characters who you have memory crystals for, look at the wiki/guide website to see which memory crystals aren't tied to events and try and get them then level those characters. The difference between 50 and 65/80 isn't as important once you level break a character I wouldn't use them unless you're tackling hard content where you need them.

Meneses

So, we're supposed to be getting an update in the future that allow us to combine Orbs, right?

What about abilities? Will we ever be able to merge, for example, some repeated R1 ability and turn them into a R2? Or maybe dismantle the ability and get a few orbs back?

Razmos

So, we're supposed to be getting an update in the future that allow us to combine Orbs, right?

What about abilities? Will we ever be able to merge, for example, some repeated R1 ability and turn them into a R2? Or maybe dismantle the ability and get a few orbs back?
Yeah we will be able to dismantle abilities and get orbs back.

Ugh I'm at a point where I'm at 96/100 abilities, was hoping to not have to buy more ability slots. I could sell some of my 1 and 2 star abilities will there ever come a time where I'll need any of them not counting the obvious like double cut and retaliate

Falk

that puzzling face
Ugh I'm at a point where I'm at 96/100 abilities, was hoping to not have to buy more ability slots. I could sell some of my 1 and 2 star abilities will there ever come a time where I'll need any of them not counting the obvious like double cut and retaliate

Look at it the other way. After Orb conversion, if you ever need a r5 2* ability you literally need like 4 4* orbs to convert to 400 2* orbs and you're good.

(On the other hand after Orb conversion ability space probably isn't an issue from dismantling all the dupes, etc)

Falk

that puzzling face
It works like Doom that the XIII bosses like to cast. 60 seconds, guaranteed KO at the end.

Bosses can be immune to Doom but not Death and vice versa. They're different mechanics.

MrDaravon

That's a hard question. I think Cloud, one BLM (Vivi ehehehe), one summoner and one WHM (the latter two are often interchangeable) as high as they will go are no-brainers, since they're likely going to be in there for the hardest content regardless of realm.

The other spots usually change from realm to realm due to min-max. The best example of this are the Support guys - Fran/Irvine/Sazh/Wakka for example were pretty much interchangeable depending on realm synergy.

I think you definitely want a core team first, and then a core set of go-to stand-ins. (e.g. people you have SB 5*s for, etc)

Characters who hit 50 become far more useful/versatile just from being able to equip RMs, so getting a few of the others to 50 rather than getting a whole bunch from e.g. 20 to 40 would give you more options should you need to swap people in and out.

edit: Important thing is that the further you can go in each event, the more rewards you can reap (the ones at the end of events are all pretty significant - 4* orbs, 4* abilities, etc) so a carry team as you put it is the best idea medium-term since it feeds into itself in getting you more power level when you get more rewards out of each event.

Yeah you really want a team of 50+ characters with their record materia ideally 2 melee, 1 wm, 1 bm, and 1 flex spot to eventually be a summoner. Let that be your staple team for tackling the harder classics/elites/events while you build up lower characters in the easy content and first half of events/Dailies. Take advantage of exp eggs and exp daily to catch up characters who you have memory crystals for, look at the wiki/guide website to see which memory crystals aren't tied to events and try and get them then level those characters. The difference between 50 and 65/80 isn't as important once you level break a character I wouldn't use them unless you're tackling hard content where you need them.

Thanks for the responses! I think I was too worried and overthinking trying to do realm synergy. I've got Cloud at 53, Rydia at 49 and she can cover BM/Summons, and I've got Vanille at 40 so she can cover WM with backup BM. I've got Cyan at 46, and Wakka/Snow both at 42. So I'll probably try get everyone not Cloud up to 50, and then use eggs/exp daily to try to level up other characters that have desired RM like some of the core classes.

Do you have to actually have/use a Memory Crystal on a character to be able to learn/equip other RM's, or just be 50? Cloud's the only character I have at 50+ so I'm still not real clear on how the RM/SB stuff works.

Also as an aside I went back to my daily Theatrhtyhm play yesterday after taking a break from it for a few weeks while I was playing PxZ, and there's just barely enough overlap in similarity with menus and characters and whatnot that it was totally messing with me lol.

It works like Doom that the XIII bosses like to cast. 60 seconds, guaranteed KO at the end.

Bosses can be immune to Doom but not Death and vice versa. They're different mechanics.

That's not as useful them but thanks for the info. Any notable bosses worth using Stargo's doom on?

Thanks for the responses! I think I was too worried and overthinking trying to do realm synergy. I've got Cloud at 53, Rydia at 49 and she can cover BM/Summons, and I've got Vanille at 40 so she can cover WM with backup BM. I've got Cyan at 46, and Wakka/Snow both at 42. So I'll probably try get everyone not Cloud up to 50, and then use eggs/exp daily to try to level up other characters that have desired RM like some of the core classes.

Do you have to actually have/use a Memory Crystal on a character to be able to learn/equip other RM's, or just be 50? Cloud's the only character I have at 50+ so I'm still not real clear on how the RM/SB stuff works.

Also as an aside I went back to my daily Theatrhtyhm play yesterday after taking a break from it for a few weeks while I was playing PxZ, and there's just barely enough overlap in similarity with menus and characters and whatnot that it was totally messing with me lol.

Once you break the level cap you get that characters record materia and record materia slot. Any level cap broken character can equip any record materia you have unlocked. In my personal case I actually had to not equip any for awhile as one of the first ones I had was dark cecil's blood blade which drains a bit of health after every attack but boosts the damage which I usually don't want to use.

MrDaravon

Once you break the level cap you get that characters record materia and record materia slot. Any level cap broken character can equip any record materia you have unlocked. In my personal case I actually had to not equip any for awhile as one of the first ones I had was dark cecil's blood blade which drains a bit of health after every attack but boosts the damage which I usually don't want to use.

Each character just has the one RM that they learn automatically though right? I know other characters who have the RM slot unlocked can equip any RM's you've learned, but it's not like Soul Breaks where past your default one(s) that you learn automatically you only get them from specific gear correct?

nacarelli

Neo Member
Yeah, no one really has any melee weapons for V. The only ouchies are from Judgement Staff/Healing Staff.

(Rune Axe 4++ doesn't count)

Well, FF V is the realm which I have most synergy (along VII). A Giant Axe 4++, Rune Axe 4++ (and a 4*), Thornlet 4++ (and another 4*), a Genji Armor 5+ (and another 5*), two Genji Shields 5+, Judgement Staff 5*, Flame Rod 3++ and various other 3++.

Considering my weapons and hones, I've never found FF V realms to be particularly difficult (like I did with FF XIII some time ago).

Each character just has the one RM that they learn automatically though right? I know other characters who have the RM slot unlocked can equip any RM's you've learned, but it's not like Soul Breaks where past your default one(s) that you learn automatically you only get them from specific gear correct?

Correct, every character has 1 RM they automatically get once they break the level cap, some have a second one they get either by beating some kind of condition (IE Cloud gets his by being alive at the end of a specific elite dungeon) or having it randomly drop while using the character (IE use Garnet in FF9 dungeons for it to randomly drop). Learning soul breaks is only something that can be done by characters with their unique exclusive soul break weapons.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, FF V is the realm which I have most synergy (along VII). A Giant Axe 4++, Rune Axe 4++ (and a 4*), Thornlet 4++ (and another 4*), a Genji Armor 5+ (and another 5*), two Genji Shields 5+, Judgement Staff 5*, Flame Rod 3++ and various other 3++.

Considering my weapons and hones, I've never found FF V realms to be particularly difficult (like I did with FF XIII some time ago).

But but but but none of those are melee weapons.

(Okay I meant retaliate weapons because I'm bad)

nacarelli

Neo Member
But but but but none of those are melee weapons.

(Okay I meant retaliate weapons because I'm bad)

Haha I see, even still, a Giant's Axe 4++ with RS have 198 atk, with 23 from the Genji Shield 5+, 20 from the Heavy Wrist (VIII), Dragoon's Determination RM + Advance, Boost or Planet Protector and even Tyro could demolish everything in a dungeon.

Azusa

Can I play FFRK on PC and on mobile simultaneously? It would be easier to play on PC when I home and on mobile while I commute or at work.

Red Mage

So... Does anyone know if you can use Google Rewards for gems? It'd be hilarious to be able to have free 11-pulls via surveys.

Negator

Finished all the FFIV elites from the last dungeon update, Ogopogo or whatever is pretty vicious, thank god for Water Ring.

On to FFX...ugh. I have like no Synergy stuff for FFX :(

Jyrii

Banned
The optimization option for Celes make absolutely no sense. It equips a staff, hyper wrist, puts her in the back row and sets physical attack skills.

MicH

EDGAR

COULD YOU PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST LAND ONE INTIMIDATE? GOD

EDIT ... And then he landed 3 in a row basically stunlocking Earth Dragon thoughout the entire fight. Complaining to GAF works every time!

EDIT2: Booyah!

Balphon

I should probably craft Meteor at some point, but it seems like a poor investment over Ruinga until I can at least get it to rank 3.

I have like a half dozen 5* mage weapons at this point, though, so I'm probably an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom