• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mog doll is my most useless relic, since only lulu and tyro can use it, but it is my highest mag weapon and in x realms my lulu at level 50 has 412 mag with the doll and the wizard bracelet 4++. Will bump a bit higher when I get the mag accessory at the last battle of this event. It also makes me really want lupus other relic to make her even more useful outside of x realms. The attack animation of the doll is pretty hilarious and does fair damage, I think it is ranged.

Wazzy

Banned
Lol I had 800 gems and decided to buy 100 more to do a three pull on X banner hoping I would get the VIP notification(I didn't) and I pulled Aurons Shimmering blade and Auroch Uniform. That's the best three pull I've ever done. Maybe I should join the cult of three lol

R5d2WFV.png
Ebonyfist + has treated me well today. That was my "one last run" result. Besides it, I also got 3 Major Power orbs and a bunch of Greater Blacks.

Now I only need 1 Major Earth to get Meteor R2 and 2 Major Powers to get Full Break R2 (when I do Soulcage I'll get those). Then begins the long, long haul before I can get either to R3.

Two 50 pulls and no moogle doll. I have enough to do one more, but maybe I should be patient and just wait for the next SSB fest. :/

Lulu seems like a useless character when all she can do is black magic...

When are you expecting anything different from your black mage? Like support, it's a fully realized category that excels on its own. And it's even easier to pick a black mage because unlike supports they pretty much only have a single effective weapon type. The only factors are synergy and limit breaks when choosing your black mage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When are you expecting anything different from your black mage? Like support, it's a fully realized category that excels on its own. And it's even easier to pick a black mage because unlike supports they pretty much only have a single effective weapon type. The only factors are synergy and limit breaks when choosing your black mage.
I like the black mages with a little more utility is all. The way I play the game, I rarely need more than ruinaga at this point. I understand if you guys have all these highly honed 4* spells so you can roll with 4/5 black mages, but for a retameta user like me I'd love to get rid of the black mage if they weren't so useful for trash clearing. lol

Remember when soulcage was beaten using only free equipment. We can go a step further and use core characters only (they also give a turn by turn account) :O Of course you can't get champion doing this because no Zidaine but wow (I'm thinking core characters only should be like stoic bonus in the first Theatrhythm FF game only without the whole required to get max score...). Also it being soulcage and all I can't help but think the RNG/achievement flair is appropriate.

You're in luck, since this event gives a terrible FFV one.

For some reason.
The event is so stingy with weapons and armour (maybe it is too many character and too few stages now). Two 2* hats and two 3* rod for the wrong realm. That all? Eh, at least I now have a Thunder Rod++ I suppose. I don't exactly want another Crusader Sabre or light armour but newer players probably do not have two maxed ones.

Nohar

Well, that's it. Playing this game is becoming a chore. I'm slowly but surely stopping playing it. I think it is safe to assume I will drop it completly this month or the next one.
It was a good way to kill time, but it isn't worth the hassle. Without Droid4x, I would have abandonned it a long time ago. I can't ignore that horrendous UI any longer, the game is boring and limited, and there are tons of better things worth playing than this.

Also, just noticed: FFV items in a FFX event?

nacarelli

Neo Member
I was expecting Soulcage to be harder than it was (only one S/L) . To me, Sanctuary Keeper and 4-man Ifrit XIV were much more difficult.

I did bring Tyro cause I thought I would need another SG on top of the RW. Took 5 tries for blind to proc, but after that, I spammed Firaja, Firaga, Ifrit, Holy and Steal Power with Light's Wrath.

Also, finally new login bonus!

Meanwhile in Japan look who the latest misfortune battle is against:
a51fcacf-d239-3660-8684-fe80b5478077.png

They're back :( They also can't be put to sleep this time, Seifer can also use Zantetsuken Reverse at low health but they have weaknesses to an element of magic now.

Red Mage

Same as it is in FF8, except more hilarious in FF6-style sprites.

I don't recall that. Then again, I probably didn't find all of her magazines.

As an aside, I always thought the fact that what she gathered from pet training magazines was things like launching your dog from your wrist launcher is just proof of her insanity.

BTW, on the new update were there two or three mythril on the login bonuses?

MicH

I don't recall that. Then again, I probably didn't find all of her magazines.

As an aside, I always thought the fact that what she gathered from pet training magazines was things like launching your dog from your wrist launcher is just proof of her insanity.

BTW, on the new update were there two or three mythril on the login bonuses?
Three

OYkyDFhl.jpg

Falk

that puzzling face
Just realized putting Lulu's memory crystal in Thunder Plains is a giant troll.

image.php

edit: Also why does Rinoa of all people get summons? She's like the only one of the cast who didn't suffer amnesia from overusing GF.

edit2: also why do i only have 7 unique soul breaks

this game is shit im uninstalling

yasu151

Guys on reddit are saying Dena had a VIP program before and they gave people 5* units of the game for free.

I'm wondering if they'll give us free 11-pull or let us choose some 5* character relics. Anyway, got this invite after buying some gems (which got me a 3*...).

The same. I got a 3*, but wasn't too upset. My last 100-gem was Squalls, which netted me a Cutting Blade. I figure I'm due a couple months of this before something good pops up again.

Well at least all these 1* weapons are leveling up my new FFX 5 star gear as I develop stockholm syndrome grinding Garnet's stupid RM2.

YES YES YES FUCK YES FUCK YOU GARNET NEVER USING YOUR STUPID ASS AGAIN

guh. that feeling realizing you left your ipad at work and will miss out on 20 hrs of stamina. Had to leave way early due to childcare issues and just forgot it in the rush I guess. ugh.

MrDaravon

Is there a rough % estimate for how much stronger weapons get with RS? I'm using the Inventory Optimizer site (here) and I've got a handful of items that aren't on the site so I can't compare, it's been annoying in a couple of specific instances. Or is there a different/better site to use for that?

Red Mage

guh. that feeling realizing you left your ipad at work and will miss out on 20 hrs of stamina. Had to leave way early due to childcare issues and just forgot it in the rush I guess. ugh.

That feeling when you are looking for a piece of gear you know you have only to realize it's on your Japanese account.

Gravijah

Is there a resource for what the SBs on Japanese banners are? The kongbakpao site only lists some.

Edit: I was trying to get some idea of what I should be planning ahead for, but it's hard to tell what a lot of relics do. And then I saw the FFT banner and cried. So far away.

Razmos

Jeez, you'd think with all the money I have spent on this game I would have at least been invited to the VIP club, don't know what to think about that.

My 100-gem pull got me a lame 4* FFV armour, ah well.

ZangBa

Lulu's sprite is probably my favorite right now, it looks so nice. I egg'd her to 50 because she's one of my favorite black mages, so I know I'll end up using her.

WarAdept

I'd love to use both Vivi and Lulu together, but my pulls want me to go triple White Mage setups instead (Aeris, Selphie, Eiko relics).

Looks like I'm doing Curaga meta.

Woo finally at 120 stamina, still not enough to get though a full 8 hour night but at least enough to not need to play during work to keep stamina down

elty

Finish soulcage in one try, so lucky. Soulcage opened with mustard bomb, and only managed one AE before got blinded.

Use 2x fire mage + 2x white mage + Zidane. Hone my steal power to r2, 2nd firaga to r3 and diaga to r3 just for this.

broz0rs

Pulled a Rune Rod (X) with a 100gem pull on the Lulu banner. I'm going to start burning stuff with Vivi now in this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom