• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

FINALLY got blind to land and I took it out. Didn't even have to blind it later in the fight. So happy to be done with it

Orbs away!

What about Cactuar?
Do nothing and break him into some precious greater summon orbs when ability breakdown becomes a thing.

3 hits of 3000 single target is nothing but trash in most situations. If it was 3 AoE hits (like every other summon I've used) it would be very good. It is 3000 total but AoE...thanks Bass.

Do nothing and break him into some precious greater summon orbs when ability breakdown becomes a thing.

3 hits of 3000 single target is nothing but trash in most situations. If it was 3 AoE hits (like every other summon I've used) it would be very good.

Its 3 hits of 1000 damage and its aoe...

Jyrii

Banned
Hmm somehow I thought the dmg was random. But yeah, 3K AoE isn't great even if it ignores Defense, Resistance, and Evasion.

You'll all be Salty as fuck when the game introduces some high evansion null to all magic enemy and your only options are aim and blitz eye :p

Jyrii

Banned
You'll all be Salty as fuck when the game introduces some high evansion null to all magic enemy and your only options are aim and blitz eye :p

Retaliate would probably, work if that situation is ever happens.

Unless they nerf it, or make the boss handle retaliation in some way

Red Mage

Man, we are getting dungeon updates a lot faster than Japan did. What're they going to do when we do catch up? o_O;

Also, I really wish we'd get the rolling gacha in Global. I have more unique SBs in the Japan version than I do in the global, and I've only been playing the JP version since the 1 year anniversary.

My current power party consists of:
Squall: BSSB
Zack: Air Support (3 x AoE; Auto-Dismiss)
Lenna: Power of Flame (Auto-Res [doesn't affect KO requirements] and Boost for all)
FFXIV Girl: Heal All

and

Ramza: Throw Stone (4 x 1 target, auto-dismiss)
or
Cid: Super Jump (Boost, Haste, Protect on self and 4x 1 target)

I also have SBs for Zell, Bartz, Steiner, Kain, and Agrias. I only have six in the global version. ._.

That increasing drop rate would be sweet. Though i've really got no idea in the wider pool of players what the average number of relics per player is - how many do you guys have? I did a quick add up of the unique SB equipment I got so far (15):

Giants Gloves (II)
Polymorph Rod (IV)
Rune Axe (IV)
Air Knife (V)
Soul Sabre (VI)
Minerva Bustier (VI)
Buster Sword (VII)
Aurora Rod (VII)
Gatling Gun (VII)
Shear Trigger (VIII)
Hyperion (VIII)
Valiant (VIII)
Golem's Flute (IX)
Vega 42s (XIII)
Thyrus (XIV)

Falk

that puzzling face
That increasing drop rate would be sweet. Though i've really got no idea in the wider pool of players what the average number of relics per player is - how many do you guys have? I did a quick add up of the unique SB equipment I got so far (15):

Giants Gloves (II)
Polymorph Rod (IV)
Rune Axe (IV)
Air Knife (V)
Soul Sabre (VI)
Minerva Bustier (VI)
Buster Sword (VII)
Aurora Rod (VII)
Gatling Gun (VII)
Shear Trigger (VIII)
Hyperion (VIII)
Valiant (VIII)
Golem's Flute (IX)
Vega 42s (XIII)
Thyrus (XIV)

Will count later, but this post I made some time back put me at 15 5*s five months into the game. Two of them were unique.

image.php

MicH

Just counted. I have 20 character relics - 7 are from the Lucky draws and 9 of them are 6* (meaning I got two of them, or three in the case of Lullaby Rod). I have a lot more shared SBs and generic native 5*s. I've spent some money on this game, and one character relic is from a 100 gem pull

Unique 5 stars?

2 vivi double venom rod
1 eiko wolf summon tiara
1 cloud cross slash sword
1 celes tri wind slash sword
1 steiner thunder slash sword
1 y'sholta healer robe
1 thancred ninja gear
1 tifa crystal glove
1 vanille deprotectega rod
1 aerith healing rod
1 sabin fire phoenix fist

So 11 unique with one duplicate, for shared/no sb I have

FF13 knife with protectega
FF13 golden bracer
FF13 fist weapon
FF9 claw
2x FF5 judgement staff (combined)
FF7 water strike all katana
FF7 gold sword
FF6 zatsuken
FF12 shield with protectega

This is from top of my head, might have one or two more

Jyrii

Banned
My list of uniques:

Butterfly Sword (IX)
Blazefire Saber (XIII)
Yoshimitsu (XIV)
Shear Trigger (VIII)
Sentinel's Grimoire (Core)
One Winged Angel (VII)
Partisan (VI)
Keepsake Ribbon+ (VII)
Murasame (VII)
Kiku-ichimonji (VI)
Giant's Gloves (II)

On top of that, I have gotten Zantetsuken+, Genji Shield+, Judgment Staff, Full Metal Staff, and the few 5* items everyone got.

Falk

that puzzling face
My uniques now:

Dark Sword (IV)
Polymorph Rod (IV)
Buster Sword (VII)
Butterfly Sword (IX)
Binding Rod (XIII)

Keepsake Ribbon (VII) x 2

7 uniques, played since launch

M90Xp2Y.png

edit: Others:
Lilith Rod (V)
Judgement Staff (V)
Zantetsuken+ (VI)
Golden Sword (VII)
Blitz Sword (VIII)
Betrayal Sword (VIII)
Diamond Sword (IX)
Mage Masher (IX)
Ice Staff (IX)
Danjuro (XII)
Kaiser Knuckles (XIII)
Hunter's Rod+ (XIII)
Evil Lantern (XIII)
Lominisan Bow (XIV)

Gold Hairpin (IV) x 2
Dark Helm (IV)
Diamond Plate (V)
Regal Gown (VI)
Edincoat (VII)
Emerald Shield (X)
Witch's Hat (XIII)

24 total

brb uninstalling

Man, we are getting dungeon updates a lot faster than Japan did. What're they going to do when we do catch up? o_O;

Also, I really wish we'd get the rolling gacha in Global. I have more unique SBs in the Japan version than I do in the global, and I've only been playing the JP version since the 1 year anniversary.

My current power party consists of:
Squall: BSSB
Zack: Air Support (3 x AoE; Auto-Dismiss)
Lenna: Power of Flame (Auto-Res [doesn't affect KO requirements] and Boost for all)
FFXIV Girl: Heal All

and

Ramza: Throw Stone (4 x 1 target, auto-dismiss)
or
Cid: Super Jump (Boost, Haste, Protect on self and 4x 1 target)

I also have SBs for Zell, Bartz, Steiner, Kain, and Agrias. I only have six in the global version. ._.

Yeah, my Jp team is pretty stacked.

I have:
3 ssbs, sephiroth agrias and Locke
13 character sbs including non global fang spear, Freya spear, golbez armor, rydia 2nd whip, Penelos staff
1 shared sb dagger that I just pulled, garbage out of viii
6 five star non sbs, two of which are awesome hats I won't combine
Not including the free items given out.

Started at the last festival as well.

Typically roll cloud, have his second relic, sephiroth, baltier-his gun was my first pull, penelo, agrias. Agrias ssb with mako might is a hell of a start to a battle.

Global I have

36 five star or betters not including the freebies
19 are character specific, 2 of which are hypno crowns that I will combine soon. I think 8 of these came through the lucky pull and 2 through 100 gem pulls.
7 shared sbs
Non sbs 10
Jstaff and regal gown at 5++
Dragon claw, vii fist at 5+
Genii helm at 5+

Swords: 5
Rods: 6
Staves: 3
Katanas: 2
Spears: 2
Fists: 2
Guns: 1
Books: 1
Daggers: 1

Light armor: 4
Bangles: 2
Hats: 2 (again, will combine these soon)
Shields: 2 (ouch, genji shield and flame shield)
Robes: 1
Helms: 1
Heavy armor: 1

I've spent a fair amount of money on this game but not an outrageous amount.

I will do very little pulling on the ssb banners.

Red Mage

Actually, I have 7.

FFXIV's ninja dude: Weapon and Armor
Cloud: Buster Sword
Sephiroth: OWA
Leon's Armor
Demon's Axe
Cecil's Shield.

On the JP version:
Squall's Twinlance
Agrias' shield
Ramza's bracelet
Cid's Trident (I think)
Zack's gloves
Lenna's Power Rod
XIV's girl's robes
Kain's lance
Steiner's blue sword
Bartz's SSB
Zell's gloves x2.

I also have a lot of non-SB or shared SB armor. I don't even keep the 3* anymore, since you get a lot of natural 4*s as well.

MicH

So, here's my list:

Unique SB relics
Blazefire Sabre+ (XIII)
Kotetsu+ (Cyan) (VI)
Crystal Glove+ (VII)
Paladin+ (XIII)
Binding Rod+ (XIII)
Lullaby Rod+ (+ a 5* version) (X)
Healing Staff+ (V)
Revolver (VIII)
Shear Trigger (VIII)
Sun Blade (I)
Organics (VII)
Partisan (VI)
Grand Glove (VII)
Giant's Gloves x 2 (II)
Storm Staff (IX)
Thyrus (XIV)
Loxley Bow (XII)
Fabled Harp (IV)
Diamond Pin (VII)
Heroic Scarf (VI)
Dark Armor (IV)

Shared SB relics
Keepsake Knife+ (XII)
Hunter's Rod+ (+ a 5* one) (XII)
Minotaur Plate+ (+ a 5* one) (VII)
Behemoth Knife (lol) (C)
Thunder Blade (VI)
Flame Sword (IV)
Gaia Blade (II)
Heat Lance (XII)
The Keep of Saints (XIV)
Witch's Hat (XIII)
Sheepskin Coat (VIII)
Ruby Cuirass (II)
Power Sash (IX)
Viking Coat (XII)
White Robe (IX)
Gold Armlet (VII)
Sanctum Gloves x2 (XIII)

Non-SB 5* relics
Judgment Staff++ (V)
Gold Bangle++ (+ a 5* one) (XIII)
Zantetsuken+ (VI)
Genji Helmet+ (V)
Genji Armor+ (V)
Danjuro (XII)
Butterfly Edge (VII)
Coral Sword x2 (IX)
Gold Sword (VII)
Cat Claws (IX)
Evil Lantern (XIII)
Genji Shield (IV)
Estharian Helmet (VIII)
Feral Pride (XIII)
SOLDIER Breastplate (VII)
Diamond Armor (IV)
Golden Armor (XII)
Royal Gown x2 (VI)
Noble's Armguards (XIV)

Phew.. that's quite a lot of stuff...
Don't hate me :(

26 natural 5*. 13 uniques: 4 are Blazrefire Saber (3 combined), 3 are Storm Staff (tempted to combine one but I like the idea of having a full mage party with natural 5*). Played since Tidus event, somewhat of a mythril hoarder (sitting on 233 now).

I think that image of the antlion in the sand is gonna be burned into my skull trying to get Garnet's rm2. I actually had to go to a higher stamina dungeon just because I was getting sick of grinding for it and I wanted to deplete my stamina faster

MrDaravon

My uniques now:

Wouldn't Kaiser Knuckles be Unique?

Anyway my natural 5*'s (remember I've only been playing for ~7-8 weeks now):

Uniques: Yoshimitsu, Rune Axe, Kaiser Knuckles, Lullaby Rod, Ice Whip

Shared SB: Witch's Hat

Non-SB: Blitz Sword, Gold Sword, Evil Lantern, Flame Shield, Shinra Helmet

4 were freebies/from the tutorial, then the remaining 7 were from a total of 4 pulls (god bless Orbfest, was a great time to start as a new player lol). Now I'm 0/55 since then lol.

Oh and I finally beat Mt. Koltz Elite and got Sabin last night so that's finally done. Was able to finally craft Protectga (verified that Gale Cut IS physical) which helped a bit, but I think more just my levels being 50+ now did most of the work honestly.

Gravijah

Roughly one month of playing, my unique 5*s are:

Nutkin Suit (VI)
Cypress Pile (IX)
Blazefire Saber (XIII)
Enhancer (VI)
Zwill Crossblade (XII)
Air Knife (V)

Non-unique:
Assassin's Dagger (VI)
Inferno Fang (VIII)
Kaiser Knuckles (XIII)
Evil Lantern (XIII)
Witch's Hat (XIII)

At this point I feel my main targets are going to be Hastega/AOE heals/mitigation. They seem so extremely powerful. Also, since my account is technically from the very first Rinoa event, I didn't get any of the tutorial stuff. I didn't play very much back then, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's what I told myself as of that old post where I had 2 unique 5*s. "I'm saving my luck for a soulbreak celebration".

Lucky Draw comes around and I go 1/44

:V

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, it's a blessing in disguise because it's really a stark reminder for me not to whale. Been legit tempted a couple of times since E3.

Literally not going to consider it until if/when rolling gacha mechanics are implemented. Even then, we'll see. (It's not like I need an overwhelming advantage for the content. Thanks JP)

Razmos

My uniques:

Rinoa's Valkyrie
Locke's Rising Sun
Y'Shtola's Healer Robe
Aerith's Guard Stick
Aerith's Keepsake Ribbon
D. Cecil's Dark Armour (blech)
Warrior of Light's Sun Blade
Tidus's Lightning Steel
Yuna's Lullaby Rod
Sazh's Vega 42's
Irvine's Valiant

All but the first three are quite recent due to the Lucky Draws and such.

Falk

that puzzling face
$1 draw is generally easy to justify/whale to me, after that yeah its too costly to do any kind of pull maybe if $$$ pulls had at least 1 garunteed character sb

Well, the problem with that is DeNA will simply lose revenue from it. There was an article from a while back I wanted to link cpp but kept forgetting when we were discussing this. (Holy cow, cpp and when FFRKi was being developed, that was an era)

edit: found it

http://toucharcade.com/2015/04/21/mobile-gaming-monetization-whale-hunting/

If you cut the whale expenditures (ACTUAL whales, not "ha ha I spent $100 on this game") by half because of better rates, even increasing spending across the rest of the board by 20% is a net loss.

edit: To simplify things a lot (and there are many other factors) - the easier it is to roll good shit in a gacha, the more likely it is to monetize people, but at the same time, the faster it is for people who have serious money (virtually infinite by comparison) to throw at entertainment to get what they want and stop. There definitely is a point of inflection prior to which the former outweighs the latter, and any mobile developer worth their salt constantly runs and updates models based on latest market trends (hard data, not anecdotes) and monetize based on the results. Unfortunately even compared to 12 months ago, the environment has become a lot, LOT more whale-centric, which is both good and bad for everyone else. Good, because as long as whales exist, the games keep running. Bad, because things tend to get a little too pricey for the average player to consider.

It's not all doom and gloom, because any mobile game still needs a large player base to make it worth whales' time (and money) to invest - there's no point being King Cobra of a tiny deserted island. That means that it's still in a game's best interest to not drive free players away by having insurmountable content. On the flipside, what this also means that the more popular a branding (which translates into how big a playerbase it can draw), the less 'guarantees' the system needs to throw out to retain players. Anything related to Final Fantasy is honestly at the high end of that spectrum, for better or worse.

edit2: tl;dr summary of that report

2014 report - 50% of revenue came from 10% of spenders
2015 report - 64% of revenue came from 0.2% of all players.

They aren't directly comparable (not all players are spenders) but it's still very telling.

yasu151

If you cut the whale expenditures (ACTUAL whales, not "ha ha I spent $100 on this game") by half because of better rates, even increasing spending across the rest of the board by 20% is a net loss.

2014 report - 50% of revenue came from 10% of spenders
2015 report - 64% of revenue came from 0.2% of all players.

This is a cool article. I'm fascinated with how mobile games crunch data to determine reward systems. Disheartening at times, but still, thanks for sharing.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the easiest way to explain this in FFRK terms is the whole forging system.

You need a shit ton (and really, a SHIT TON) of $$$ to throw at it to get a perfectly forged item since essentially you need to burn 5*s left and right, but that extra ~20ATK isn't going to make or break you. It's just really there as a carrot on a stick that's an order of magnitude greater for seriously diminishing returns, just to entice the oil barons with infinite money and OCD to get that perfect item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom