• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ginnem battle was really cool. She had a really nice sprite, and the flavor text was just enough to reference the scene successfully without being intrusive.

Really happy with Lulu's event overall, despite me not getting any of her relics.

Negator

I got a Rune Rod, my first natural 5* rod! About damn time. Don't even care if it's SB sucks.

Was much needed as my FFX gear is terribad.

Razmos

Was very surprised to get a 5* relic from the 100-gem draw.

A second Lightning Steel for Tidus! Obviously keeping them separate is a good idea but I'm so tempted to combine them, haha.

EDIT: I'm still struggling with the FFIX boss rush. I went with a full mage party after a disasterous first attempt with a balanced party, and I ran out of abilities before I got the final boss down to even half health.

Why are they so damn tanky?

I don't think I even care about completing the FFIX bonus battles, they all seem fucking ridiculous, gimmicky and annoying and I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

Meneses

I don't think I even care about completing the FFIX bonus battles, they all seem fucking ridiculous, gimmicky and annoying and I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

The last FFIX battle is terrible, it puts a lot of "hate" in the "love/hate" relationship I have with this game.

S/L scumming and hoping for good RNG is the worst.

I think I realized my problem with the Lulu sprite, it doesn't make her look like a giant boob lady like she is in the game. Just looking at my exp grind team to get her up to level cap and Vanille looks like she has a bigger bust in sprite form.

Derp ITS SATURDAY

Looking forward to Misfortune, the 85-90 difficulty FF-X elites were tougher than these bonus battles! Finally have enough to craft either Meteor or Bahamut also... rocks or dragons.

ezodagrom

Tried one of the FFX draws (50 mythril) a few days ago, got a Rune Rod from it, though don't really intend to use it.
Today tried another 50 mythril and got this. ^^

tyUqqLz.jpg

Welcome to the party, Yuna~
When it comes to my current party, I intend to replace Squall and possibly maybe Tyro in the future, though no idea who I'd use to replace them, guess it'll depend on whatever equipment I may find from draws.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Tried one of the FFX draws (50 mythril) a few days ago, got a Rune Rod from it, though don't really intend to use it.
Today tried another 50 mythril and got this. ^^

Welcome to the party, Yuna~
When it comes to my current party, I intend to replace Squall and possibly maybe Tyro in the future, though no idea who I'd use to replace them, guess it'll depend on whatever equipment I may find from draws.

From your levels, I'm assuming you're a new player.

Well, you already have 2 of the holy trinity, just work on your hones and levels and you gonna have a relatively easy trip throughout the game.

ezodagrom

From your levels, I'm assuming you're a new player.

Well, you already have 2 of the holy trinity, just work on your hones and levels and you gonna have a relatively easy trip throughout the game.
Yeah, started playing around 1 week and half ago or something. ^^

Though...holy trinity? ;o

nacarelli

Neo Member
Yeah, started playing around 1 week and half ago or something. ^^

Though...holy trinity? ;o

Yes, an AoE heal, Sentinel Grimoire/Stoneskin II and a Protect or Shell + Hastega (Red XIII's Diamond Pin and Sazh's Vega 42,respectively).

These are the best kind of relics to have when you are playing through the harder content.

Falk

that puzzling face
You're supposed to fire him after you pay him like a billion Gil in FFX and he doesn't OHKO Penance.

Jyrii

Banned
3rd time was the charm (+bunch of S/L)

On the 3rd try I ended up using :
- Gilgamesh with Draw Fire and Retaliate
- Tyro could then focus on Sentinel's Grimoire, Boost and Tempo Flurry.
- Wakka with Full Break and Tempo Flurry.
- Lulu with Fireja(!!!!) and Meteor.
- Aerith with Curaja and Protectga (could have picked Yuna also since Planet Protector was not needed)
RW was Advance obviously

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't think Full Break ever becomes not-good.

Even on resistant bosses, one ability making the boss do >10% less damage and take >10% more damage is an amazing opportunity cost.

The Chaos bosses are pretty much gimmick fights and don't really count. They're very obviously intended to be done a certain way by certain classes (cheese aside) and I will be very, VERY surprised if the eventual Support chaos boss doesn't let you take advantage of stat debuffs.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Oh so I can make Full Break is it worth it or is it's usage only going to get less and less useful at time goes on?

No, man, don't think it's going to get less useful over time, especially because it stacks with other breaks/breakdowns. I've been using it (currently in R2) along Magic Breakdown in my support and Steal Power + Tempo Flurry and it's just that OP in just about any fight. When you use it with other forms of mitigation, it's a guaranteed easy time.

I don't think Full Break ever becomes not-good.

Even on resistant bosses, one ability making the boss do >10% less damage and take >10% more damage is an amazing opportunity cost.

The Chaos bosses are pretty much gimmick fights and don't really count. They're very obviously intended to be done a certain way by certain classes (cheese aside) and I will be very, VERY surprised if the eventual Support chaos boss doesn't let you take advantage of stat debuffs.

No, man, don't think it's going to get less useful over time, especially because it stacks with other breaks/breakdowns. I've been using it (currently in R2) along Magic Breakdown in my support and Steal Power + Tempo Flurry and it's just that OP in just about any fight. When you use it with other forms of mitigation, it's a guaranteed easy time.

Gotcha, now if only more characters had access to level 5 support skills. Is x break + full break > x breakdown by itself? Also deprotectega is considered armor/mental break and doesn't stack with the normal breaks but will stack with full break?

Falk

that puzzling face
Gotcha, now if only more characters had access to level 5 support skills. Is x break + full break > x breakdown by itself? Also deprotectega is considered armor/mental break and doesn't stack with the normal breaks but will stack with full break?

Generally (and even this exception has exceptions), things that debuff a certain stat will overwrite each other. Things that debuff multiple stats count as a separate debuff and will stack with the previous.

e.g.

Armor Break - 30% DEF debuff
Armor Breakdown - 40% DEF debuff
Deprotega - 50% DEF debuff (yes, everyone overlooks that Deprot is actually stronger than Breakdown)

All of the above overwrite each other.

Full Break - 30% all stats

Full Break applies a single debuff that reduces ATK/DEF/MAG/RES, and thus will stack with the previous category, multiplicatively. To answer your question, 0.7 x 0.7 = 0.49x, which is better than Armor Breakdown's 0.6x. Of course, Full Break + Armor Breakdown is even better.

Falk

that puzzling face
So are Wakka and Fran's debuffs.

Speaking of which, they're DEF+RES debuffs, so they stack (though not with each other)

Deprotega lasts way longer though

Generally (and even this exception has exceptions), things that debuff a certain stat will overwrite each other. Things that debuff multiple stats count as a separate debuff and will stack with the previous.

e.g.

Armor Break - 30% DEF debuff
Armor Breakdown - 40% DEF debuff
Deprotega - 50% DEF debuff (yes, everyone overlooks that Deprot is actually stronger than Breakdown)

All of the above overwrite each other.

Full Break - 30% all stats

Full Break applies a single debuff that reduces ATK/DEF/MAG/RES, and thus will stack with the previous category, multiplicatively. To answer your question, 0.7 x 0.7 = 0.49x, which is better than Armor Breakdown's 0.6x. Of course, Full Break + Armor Breakdown is even better.

So then my ideal way of doing things is

Support char: whatever breakdown for bosses strongest attack and full break

Combat char: the other damage break and offensive skill

Vanille + two other mages: deprotectega into nuke

Road

This last FF3 dungeon...

Set up my mage meta party, went into the first battle, Quake cannot one shot the weaker mobs even with Gaia Vest... Retreat. 20 stamina lost.

Thought about finally honing my Valefor, then I saw the dragon trash has 17k HP. Yeah, fuck this, just went with Advance Tauntaliate. Easy win. I mean, I s/l'd like 10 times so I could cast Reflect on Leviathan before it would Haste and Protect itself because RNG was not on my side. When I got past that, near the end of the fight, I used the soul break I brought to fulfill the lightning element condition and, bam, reflected right to my face. Didn't realize it was black magic. Haha S/l again a few times, then I just had to stall until Reflect ran out and use the soul break. Anyway, done.

Changing subjects, wish they would do a special banner with only 5* defensive gear, my selection is really poor. I already gave up getting any of the good support soul break relics (last attempt were 6 draws on the Eiko banner, which gave shit), so I'd be happy with having at least better 5* RS all around.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Man, Steal Power and Punishing Palm are just so damn awesome. SP is already R3 while Punishing Palm is at R2 (need 3 more GFO). Can't wait for the Samurai Clear Mind, I'm just thinking about possibilities with Sephiroth (have his Masamune, my first character relic).

Also, today I honed Pound to R4 after weeks deciding whether I really needed R4 or not. Considering how much I use it, no regrets there.

alcheim

That's it.

I'm done with this game. Mastered all but the last batch of elites from the recent dungeon updates; got everyone to at least level 50; completed all 159 quests; used up all my gems; and bought one of each ability.

Ok, not really done with this game. I'm just pissed off at having terrible luck for the past couple of months. Haven't gotten a single 5* relic since the FFXIV event.

Can I get better gacha drops now? Please Dena /SquarE/ FF RNG.

Balphon

Delrotectga is 50% DEF reduction? Holy shit

As I recall breakdown was too before they nerfed it, but the debuff soul breaks stayed at 50%.

You're supposed to fire him after you pay him like a billion Gil in FFX and he doesn't OHKO Penance.

The way his attack formula worked it was rather pointless to give him anything more than 33k gil or so.

Falk

that puzzling face
The way his attack formula worked it was rather pointless to give him anything more than 33k gil or so.

All the more reason to fire him if you pay him 33k gil 30304 times (= over 1 billion) and he still hasn't OHKO'd Penance.

WarAdept

Well this batch of Bonus Battles were mighty easy. Now I can bench Wakka and Lulu and continue on to levelling everyone else to 50.

And now I have the option of crafting Meteor/Bahamut/Odin again. Hmm...

Jyrii

Banned
EXP+ isn't cutting it anymore.

With current skills it is so easy to do, but the xp isn't that great for lv50+ characters.

Bring in EXP++
+

ZangBa

All the more reason to fire him if you pay him 33k gil 30304 times (= over 1 billion) and he still hasn't OHKO'd Penance.

I almost felt bad for using Zanmato on Penance, until I realized that it was more tedious than challenging. I mean I already had to fight Yojimbo 5 times in a row, so that's good enough. 5 Yojimbos in a row... now imagine that as a boss rush.

Falk

that puzzling face
I almost felt bad for using Zanmato on Penance, until I realized that it was more tedious than challenging. I mean I already had to fight Yojimbo 5 times in a row, so that's good enough. 5 Yojimbos in a row... now imagine that as a boss rush.

... Don't give them ideas.

Already had X-ATM x 4

Jyrii

Banned
Speaking of bad ideas, I wonder if they'll give us Yojimbo summon that works like in FFX. Maybe not with instakill though.

Good/bad idea

Events that cross over bosses and gimmicks from different FF

IE a boss rush that has FF5 sandworm, FF12 demon wall, FF13 summon fight etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom