• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it so much when my app crashes before I pull for a relic. There is no way that if it did not crash I would have get something worse than my Venom Claws #12.

MrDaravon

After 13 100-gem pulls of crap (12 3*s and 1 4*) I FINALLY got my first 5* from the 100 gem pull, the FFVI Genji Helm. While it seems to be a pretty solid 5* and I can't complain too much, FFVI is one of only two realms where I actually already have a shitload of armor RS; I already have a 5* Flame Shield, two 4* Crystal Helms, 4* Diamond Armor and something else 4* I can't remember.

It's like the most back-handed relic the game could have given me lol

Well, the leviathan fight on Elite went better than expected.

The trash was harder, S/L everytime they casted blizzaga on me and a combination of ruinga + valefor.

Cast reflect on the boss and Gilgamesh (as the main tank with Lure magic), shellga, full break and Tsunami is a joke.

Czarcasm

Did a 100 gem pull, got a Kotetsu, which is my second 100 gem unique in a row after I got the Official Ball in the second FFX banner. Will probably get screwed during the SSB banners as a result of this though.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm such a failure @ FFRK

Yesterday I thought to myself "Well I finished all content again I guess I'll take a break" and planned to let stamina rot till Shadow event dropped.

Then I overslept past Shadow event launch (just woke up)

Then I realized today is Black/Power daily so I'm dumping all my stam into that instead till 2h30m time before starting Shadow event.

Pleased to finally have Locke on the team (got Rising Sun a while back, I should probably change RW because I only get a couple of summons a day with level 65 Ramuh at least Mirage drive is non elemental and does slow). Also pleased this event is cheaper on stamina than usual with two one battle areas.

As people will shortly notice. Edward now appears on the break level cap screen.

MicH

Really excited that Shadow can use my Kotetsu+. Alsp excited to have Mog level broken. Heroic Harmony let's go!

WarAdept

I'd love that Spear from Banner 2. P.Cecil has been so helpful adding to my Advantilate strat by providing Protectga/Shellga and Mog is near the same.

Bless me RNGesus.

Also pleased this event is cheaper on stamina than usual with two one battle areas.

Definitely, I'm basically done with it already just the final Siegfried Elite to go. It's great to have Shadow on the team too. Pretty much burning Mythril for a chance on the Sasuke - not the smartest idea with RoR potentially around the corner but I always splurge (
not real money though
) for my favourite characters over powerful relics.

Edit: What the hell is with the damage output of Swift Bolt? Does it scale off MAG or something?

Darn it I generally count on these events to clear out my stamina on a slow work day, they don't even do that with 1 stage battles and my higher stamina count lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
Holy shit. I actually had an Advance RW, so I decided to use Retaliate on my Sephiroth (Level 61'ish). I can see why people use that combo. :O Sadly it was only a FFX Classic Dungeon (I'm waaaay behind).

Question: I have Sazh's weapon that gives him Boon. Should I just always bring him with me?

Holy shit. I actually had an Advance RW, so I decided to use Retaliate on my Sephiroth (Level 61'ish). I can see why people use that combo. :O Sadly it was only a FFX Classic Dungeon (I'm waaaay behind).

Question: I have Sazh's weapon that gives him Boon. Should I just always bring him with me?

I have Boon Gun and I don't always bring Sazh. But I bring him an awful lot.

MicH

Having your own Boon means you can bring a different RW which is amazingly useful. Need more mitigation? Bring a SG/SSII RW. Want more offense? Bring Advance/Planet Protector/Focus RW. It's really great

Where you are in the game, I would bring sazh everytime. Now, I have the equipment and hones that don't need to, though he makes things much easier and sometimes I regret not bringing him, And him back rowing it means less damage incurred, which is very nice.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Where you are in the game, I would bring sazh everytime. Now, I have the equipment and hones that don't need to, though he makes things much easier and sometimes I regret not bringing him, And him back rowing it means less damage incurred, which is very nice.

Apparently I am still working on Dungeons release in Dungeon Update 9.

My next dungeons are the Walse Meteorite and the The Palamecia, Part 1

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Tantarian fight is terrible. Open with an AOE with no chance to heal or protectga? Bleh.

Wow, it also gets to attack like 5 times per turn. :p

Valus

Edit: What the hell is with the damage output of Swift Bolt? Does it scale off MAG or something?

From in-game description:

The Ninja ability Swift Bolt deals lightning damage to all enemies, ignoring their Resistance! You don't have to wait long to use it, either!

*This ability is not treated as a physical or magical attack. Thus, it is unaffected by Counter and Reflect.

Very underwhelmed with this ability, y must need good equips to boost the mag to make it useful

We can get Mog's rm2 which is a garunteed dance skill restored? Is there any good dance skills worth using every round that way?

Not yet. If this were a combined bard/dancer restore it would be awesome, but we have two dancer skills that are ok but not spectacular.

Mknzy

I'm tempted to do a pull here to get some VI synergy equipment, but my last 10+1 pull on the anniversary banner was nothing but 3* equipment. Makes me hesitate to go for another pull.

Balphon

Yes, and the damage formula for Ninja skills is such that diminishing returns set in immediately.

Its primary use case would be for your NIN character (Tyro, Shadow, Thancred) using a hybrid weapon (i.e. a book, a mage thrown/sword) and Attunement against a boss target with very high res and a lightning vulnerability (i.e. Omega). In that limited instance the skill would be very powerful.

EDIT: I should clarify that the target's RES obviously doesn't affect the ninja skills' damage, but I mention it because black magic will easily outclass the damage of the ninja skills against targets with low to moderate RES.

ccbfan

Any one know the ETA for the Relic Pull update where every time you don't get a 5* you get a higher chance to get a 5*?

Saving up all my mythril until then since I have horrible luck in situations like these. (Except for my starting pull which I got a five star weapon)

Falk

that puzzling face
How do we know it isn't already implemented? The chance increase is low enough that it shouldn't be noticeable on an individual basis.

It statistically can't have been implemented during Orbfest Lucky Draw, at least. The amount of people getting 0/44 and 1/44 out of total people rolling on all 4 Lucky Draws were well within normal distribution assuming a flat 12% rate.

Past that, no idea, community wasn't paying as much attention. Not even Black Friday's Lucky Draw.

MrDaravon

How hard is the last battle in the FFVI event (99 Siegfried)? I was able to just barely squeeze by a Master on the one before it (the 90 one with Behemoth/Undead Behemoth). I still don't even have 5 accessories yet, so being able to get the Black Belt for just completing this one would be rad.

Balphon

How hard is the last battle in the FFVI event (99 Siegfried)? I was able to just barely squeeze by a Master on the one before it (the 90 one with Behemoth/Undead Behemoth). I still don't even have 5 accessories yet, so being able to get the Black Belt for just completing this one would be rad.

It's just one fight and he's all physical, which simplify things a bit. He's vulnerable to the poison status and to almost every element so damage shouldn't be a big problem. He has break resist though and may whack you with Hyperdrive if you're unlucky. If you mastered the one before it you should be able to at least complete it.

Red Mage

How do we know it isn't already implemented? The chance increase is low enough that it shouldn't be noticeable on an individual basis.

It hasn't been, trust me. The difference is very noticeable between the two versions. It doesn't just increase the odds of pulling a 5*, but 4* as well. The worst pull I have had on the JP version was eight 4*s and three 3*s.

MrDaravon

Ha, I beat Siegfried when I was down to my last character with like 100 HP. Could probably have done somewhat better on a re-try, but definitely not good enough to get Master so I'll take it and be done with it. Lack of hones on my skills were really the only issue, the damage he does isn't that significant, just took me forever to whittle him down from like half HP. Still, it was the highest difficulty thing I've done so I'm still happy I was able to do it at all, definitely glad to get the Black Belt accessory.

So what is this MVP thing? Not the same as VIP?

A mess. I have a feeling that they were intended to be one and the same at first but a fuck up made them change things around. As of right now it looks like it's not the same since with VIP (which had a "become a MVP" button to click...) it does not seem like they have the info required to send goodies to your inbox. I am sure that we'll get it sorted it in the days to come. I am hoping that the in-game MVP invite through the "Announcements" section are coming in waves and are not a one and done thing.

Falk

that puzzling face
Considering we got Thanksgiving Black Friday stuff, I don't see why they'd skip out a bigger holiday.

since when did it become less about THANKSGIVING and more about Black Friday, gee

edit: Also Halloween earlier.

This classic dungeon against Scarlett Hair can I just mage nuke him and get the no counter achievement or should I draw fire/retaliate/advance/pumpkin tyro to avoid the counter?

MrDaravon

Do you only get Gil when your RW is summoned if it's AFTER someone has already used and followed you? I finally switched to a proper RW after just having the default one a few days ago, and over the past 3 days I've picked up 20 followers but have only gotten 200 gil once and that's it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got shadow then did an 11 pull on the sasuke boosted machine (first time i've done an 11 pull for a specific character) and ended up with 2 4 stars and 9 3'stars. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom