• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

Speaking of bad ideas, I wonder if they'll give us Yojimbo summon that works like in FFX. Maybe not with instakill though.

Well, it would certainly add a gold sink this game needs more of. No way Zanmato would instantly kill anything but trash, maybe do 9999 bypassing every type of defense.

LucaMac

The difference with the Japanese gatcha and global is insane. Been playing the japanese server for less than three weeks and I have 9 unique soul breaks and 5 shared soul breaks just from gatcha. A few free things on top of that. Rolling gatcha definitely makes single pulls the way to go.

For comparison, in global Ive been playing since launch and discounting the last month with the lucky draws etc I had only two unique soul breaks and two shared soul breaks until recently.

MicH

These new III elites are pretty brutal. I have no III synergy at all. Arc and Luneth are top tier characters, though

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean thanks to some skipped banners either you have Tyrfing or you don't. Everyone has a baseline 4* set (the core SB stuff) but that's not saying much at difficulty 130+

I have 32 major summon orbs, I'm guessing a lot of you have similar. Looking forward to breaking those down to 320 greater summon orbs. And then I look at the costs to max out some of these summons. 100 gso for Maduin and Leviathan for r5! good grief. I'll probably go Maduin and Alexander (since it will "only" take 110 gso's to take him from 1 to 5).

I'd probably prefer leviathan over maduin, but damn, that is a lot of gio and gfo's for him

I just don't see much utility in these offensive summons unless I can get all five charges.

Man I'm realizing I have a big ff4 weakness for equipment my best weapon is a 3++ poison axe and my best wands are all 3+. Pally cecil gets his ssb at rift correct? May have to pull his banner twice

I have 32 major summon orbs, I'm guessing a lot of you have similar. Looking forward to breaking those down to 320 greater summon orbs. And then I look at the costs to max out some of these summons. 100 gso for Maduin and Leviathan for r5! good grief. I'll probably go Maduin and Alexander (since it will "only" take 110 gso's to take him from 1 to 5).

I'd probably prefer leviathan over maduin, but damn, that is a lot of gio and gfo's for him

I just don't see much utility in these offensive summons unless I can get all five charges.

Orb breakdown is supposedly due with the UI update right? Hoping that hits this side of [M]ExDeath, some of my hones are still pretty low. Considering even delaying Flare/Meteor for now to get the -ja's up to R4.

I still have my -jas at r1 and don't have blizz or waterja :X r4 agas still carry me to mastery on everything I've attempted. I'm still behind on classics just got to lunar subterrain 5 with the stupid dragon that always starts with a water attack and resists everything but thunder. Thinking of going advantaliate on him since mage meta is probably out.

MicH

Well, I finally crafted Blizzaja. I now he R2 Blizzaja, R3 Firaja. R4 Thundaja and R4 Waterja. I'm one MPO away from Full Break R2 as well

Road

Thinking about the future, physical 5* party in display: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7eXc0IlHw

Faris = Thief Raid (Thief)
Cecil = Barrage (Combat)
Agrias = Saint Cross (Knight)
Ramza = SSB
Galuf = Raging First (Monk)

Having nightmares about farming the next orb dungeon...

These new III elites are pretty brutal. I have no III synergy at all. Arc and Luneth are top tier characters, though

Don't have any III synergy (aside the rewards everyone has), but I found only the trash in the last one is a curve ball. The bosses are quite simple, even Leviathan.

Balphon

Fossil Roo (Lani) was 2 updates ago, and was at the beginning of it, not the end.

But given the relatively small size of these updates you aren't that far behind. Should be 23 more paintings including that one.

MrDaravon

I'm still only on I think DU 7 or maaaaybe 8, and I think 15 is the most recent global release. Getting nowhere fast lol. It's starting to get hard enough now where on realms where I have little or no RS it's pretty hard and I've had a couple that I sadly couldn't master (FF9 in particular comes to mind). I'm hoarding all of my mythril at everyone's recommendation for SSBfest or whatever so hopefully that comes soonish, I need gear pretty bad.

Negator

Mastered +++. Wanted to get it out of the way before I forgot.

Crafted R4 Firaja to celebrate my shiny new 5* rod and to nuke Yojimbo. Once I have enough black orbs I'll finish the elemental set with Blizzaja. Then priority goes to Ruinga and Bioga.

This is the second Rosetta stone we've seen so far?

Falk

that puzzling face
This Leviathan fight help

edit:

GET PUNISHED NOOB

E8fPxGDl.jpg

(Probably could have mage meta'd it, but those 17k HP trash makes a summoner cry)

So what's everyone's strategy for Leviathan elite?

Magic Lure/Thundaja Golbez. Draw Fire/Retaliate Gilgamesh. Magic Breakdown/Venom Buster support... Used Sazh since I hqve Boon gun. Summoner for stage clearing... I used Yuna since her Lullaby Rod allows me to roll without cure magic. Any black mage or spellblade who can use White 3 for reflect and a thunder ability... I used Celes.

Reflect boss and Golbez to get free buffs and extra damage via reflected Blizzaga. Retaliate prevents stone attacks getting though. Save Sentinel's Guard or Stoneskin RW for when he starts casting Tsunami around half HP.

A Carbuncle centric strategy would probably work too, even for the normal monsters who use lots of magic.

Balphon

So what's everyone's strategy for Leviathan elite?

I had Cecil tank the physical attacks with dispel and a soft bracer. Past that it's just a survival test.

If I had to do it again I'd drop the summoner for a second black mage with more lightning hits.

MicH

Just mastered the Leviathan elite fight. Here's what I used:

lb345zHl.jpg

Didn't really use Kirin as I have Hymn of the Fayth. Also brought Red XIII as I have Lunatic High. Wasn't too hard really. Poison is a must

Falk

that puzzling face
Carbuncle on party, Reflect on Leviathan. Actually brought Carbuncle for the trash, but turns out Lev uses Blizzaga just about as much as he attacks or (tries to) buff himself.

I had Planet Protector though. Wakka tossing Shuriken++ for 7k Full Breaks = lol

Carbuncle on party, Reflect on Leviathan. Actually brought Carbuncle for the trash, but turns out Lev uses Blizzaga just about as much as he attacks or (tries to) buff himself.

I had Planet Protector though. Wakka tossing Shuriken++ for 7k Full Breaks = lol

What was yohr friend summon typical defense buff?

I went advantaliate with gilgmesh drawing attacks. Also I used dispel on leviathan rather than carbuncle or reflect on him. Kept all the thundaja charges until halfway down to give more of a burst. Vivis double poison sb stuck on him round one, which really ticked off the damage. When you have boon and ss2 on your team it's really just a matter of setting things up properly and timing them correctly so they don't wear off.

ultra7k

What's everyone doing for Yojimbo?

Brought Cloud and Pally Cecil.

Draw fire on Cecil, Cast protectga.
Retaliate+Advance on Cloud.
Armor breakdown/power break (if you can), Full break on Yojimbo
Heal as necessary, double hit on Cloud and go to town.

Might have to S/L a couple times but Yojimbo should go down pretty quickly.

edit* congrats on mastering. didn't see the above post! hehe

Tidd

Did a lot of the story since Friday/Saturday and I'm at 50gems now. Unfortunately I wasted the 25 black Friday gems for pulls on the FF IX banners. "wasted" because I only got trash. So far I beat everything up to the the Gargan Roo in FF IX and still have to do the elite stages.

Furthermore I should do the higher elite stages from the Lulu event because I'm curious if I can beat them.

Brought Cloud and Pally Cecil.

Draw fire on Cecil, Cast protectga.
Retaliate+Advance on Cloud.
Armor breakdown/power break (if you can), Full break on Yojimbo
Heal as necessary, double hit on Cloud and go to town.

Might have to S/L a couple times but Yojimbo should go down pretty quickly.

edit* congrats on mastering. didn't see the above post! hehe

I wound up giving 50-ish Gilgamesh a 5* (X) Thief's Knife, draw fire, and retaliate. He kept the damage to a minimum.

65 Tidus - Dismissal / Double attack
65 Wakka power breakdown / armor breakdown
62 Yuna - Ramuh / Curaga
50 Lulu - Firaja / Wateraja
50 Gilgamesh Draw Fire / Retaliate
RW Galuf - Unyielding Fist

Wound up using RW on Tidus and pounded him for 8k with dismissals.

Wakka has official ball 5*
Tidus had Warriors sword 4*++
Auron has a (X) Katana 4*++
Lulu had Poison Rod (X) and a Wizard Armlet 4*++

dantehemi

Just had a great relic pull..11 pull, got me a lulu's hairpin, official ball and a Rune rod..3 5* in one pull plus 2 4*...best I ever had! I have 50 mythril left...should I go for tidus weapon or am I better save for next relic event?

Red Mage

Just had a great relic pull..11 pull, got me a lulu's hairpin, official ball and a Rune rod..3 5* in one pull plus 2 4*...best I ever had! I have 50 mythril left...should I go for tidus weapon or am I better save for next relic event?

Wait for RoR.

Spocker

I'm so over optimize taking the witch's hat off Lulu and putting it on Squall. -_-
Yeah, optimize sucks. Always prioritizes Soul Break gear over what's actually good.

I run FFRK inspector on the PC so i can sort my inventory by attack, defence etc with realm synergy accounted for. Makes it a lot easier to get the best gear equipped.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, optimize sucks. Always prioritizes Soul Break gear over what's actually good.

I run FFRK inspector on the PC so i can sort my inventory by attack, defence etc with realm synergy accounted for. Makes it a lot easier to get the best gear equipped.
I wish the game did that for you. I'm too lazy to go through the menus to do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom