• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you only get Gil when your RW is summoned if it's AFTER someone has already used and followed you? I finally switched to a proper RW after just having the default one a few days ago, and over the past 3 days I've picked up 20 followers but have only gotten 200 gil once and that's it.
Apparently you only get paid for being summoned. Being selected and brought to a battle stops a follower going inactive though.

Also there is speculation the payment is delayed.

MicH

Yay! Just got the last major power orb I needed to hone Full Break to R2 from the daily! Awesome!! Full Break R2 GET!

dantehemi

Would you guys take squall to 80 from 65 or take 2 characters from about 55 to 65 and 1 character from 51 to 60? Or would you boost a few characters to 50 (thinking lulu) this would all be done using growth eggs.

MicH

Don't waste your eggs on characters that are already past level 50. Use them to get characters up to 50, preferably ones that will help you complete events if you're having trouble with that

Falk

that puzzling face
Apparently you only get paid for being summoned. Being selected and brought to a battle stops a follower going inactive though.

Also there is speculation the payment is delayed.

Don't think it's speculation. Pretty much everyone got 0 Gil the day after friend summons were implemented, and then it started rolling in the day after. It was also demonstrable if you were willing to e.g. switch to something like Tyro's Judgement Grimoire for a day or two then back to a high-demand FS - the dips and spikes are delayed a day.

Last time I tested this was just after Lucky Draw (when I pulled Keepsake Ribbon), but I don't have any reason to think they'd have changed the functionality since then. Game hasn't gone through any massive feature updates since then.

LucaMac

since when did it become less about THANKSGIVING and more about Black Friday, gee

Black Friday has actually gone global (we have parallel stuff here in Ireland piggybacking on the US Black Friday as an excuse to sell stuff...Thanksgiving however hasn't come across the water despite that being the reason Black Friday exists. I guess they went for that as its 'ffrk global' and not 'ffrk US' and it's more widely known but could treat their US base, which I imagine is one of their biggest during their holiday.

MrDaravon

Up to 112 Stamina, slowwwwwwwwwwly making progress lol. Having a full party at over 50 helps a lot, and I'm slowly getting my hones up there (just got Ruinga up to r2), but I think my crippling lack of RS in almost all realms is going to bite me in the ass at some point here. Hoarding all my mythril for whatever that event is we're hopefully getting later this month, up to around 140 mythril. Desperately need gear, hope we do indeed get it >_>

Edit: Perfect timing, found a writeup of RoR over on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...prehensive_guide_to_the_rift_of_recollection/

I don't think there's any way I can do the 110 events sadly, but we'll see I guess. Can still use all the other stuff though, since I only started a couple months ago I'm still missing characters and MC's so way better than nothing.

WarAdept

Man I seriously need to catch up on stamina. Barely made it past the 100 mark, but I can do +++ fights just fine. Maybe it's because I'm just focusing on the Elites that have Majors/MC's and not the ones that spam 2 or 3 Stam Crystals.

Jyrii

Banned
I have now focused on doing my elite backlog.

I started doing them in order starting from 1. But as new elites appeared, they can be a bit too hard. I then moved to next ones and realized I had sub 100 difficulty ones that I haven't done yet.

137 stamina now

Mrgrgr I love free stamina refreshes, but I'm running out of elites that don't have stamina shards in them and grinding dailies can be boring.

Falk

that puzzling face
Non-elemental means that it's not going to be affected by gimmick absorb mobs (hi Hard sunday XP) and Quake doesn't hit a lot of flying units.

Strictly speaking, to answer "is there a better AOE", Meteor is that, but virtually none of us, even the hardcore grinders, have it past r2 right now.

Summons are also better AOE, but bring their own set of caveats. (very limited resources to craft available, max 5 uses, regens on Summoner Spring instead of Mana Spring, etc)

MicH

My app just updated and in the update notes it says "Added support for iOS9". HOLY SHIT, I thought this day would never come!

App updates are available.

The Notification Widget is fixed on iOS.

The Android update specifically refers to the new UI, so that might be happening soon.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ruinga to R4 or -ajas to R3?

I'd also say Ruinga r4

Specifically for -ajas after Ruinga, I'd also go for Waterja to R4 before even bothering to hone the others.

Waterja:

- Is resisted the least by bosses
- Has a shorter cast time
- Splits the orb requirement load between fire/ice

Add that to the fact that r4 spells can much more easily hit 9999 without vulnerability multiplier, and it becomes less about having an element that a boss is vulnerable to (a -ga spell at r5 will also hit for 9999 and have more casts and be easier to get to) and more about what spells will be resisted/absorbed the least.

I'd also say Ruinga r4

Specifically for -ajas after Ruinga, I'd also go for Waterja to R4 before even bothering to hone the others.

Waterja:

Add that to the fact that r4 spells can much more easily hit 9999 without vulnerability multiplier, and it becomes less about having an element that a boss is vulnerable to (a -ga spell at r5 will also hit for 9999 and have more casts and be easier to get to) and more about what spells will be resisted/absorbed the least.

I went ruinga r4 waterja4 bioga4 and now holding gbos until i need an extra 2 shots of the others.

Going to hone curaja to r5 today. nabbed 5 ghos in the daily, no darks no majors

Razmos

Just mastered all the Lulu event battles.

I struggled with the FFX content so much before, having the Lullaby Rod (and a damn good mage to use it on) as well as 2 Lightning Steel swords made it almost trivial, didn't have to reset on any of them.

And now I'm hearing about the UI update?!?! hype

FFIV Elites done, ogopogo can suck my dick

Rift of recollection, soul break celebration and new UI sooner than expected.

RAK21ed.gif

ccbfan

Its pretty ridicules how much stronger magic is than physical.

My Vivi is twenty levels lower than my Cloud, my Cloud has a base 5 star weapon and my Cloud is in the front row.

Yet my Vivi does 1.5x to 2.0x more damage using similarly rare skills (Vivi's comet does 6K-8K damage while Cloud's non-elemental skills does like 4K) and has much stronger AOE.

When I finally get the recovery black magic record materia I'm going 4 mage, 1 physical.

Jyrii

Banned
Hmm I got an update on the android version, but it doesn't look like the UI has changed.

Edit.
Ah like PixyJunket mentioned, they still need to enable it on the server side.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gonna cross-quote myself from a different forum

Hardcore mathcraft time.

In general the game was actually designed so that magic and physical got better via different means. Physical theoretically has a better multiplier from stats (damage proportional to 1.8th power of ATK vs 1.65th power of MAG), while Magic theoretically has a better multiplier from higher ranked abilities. This kind of mimics logic, I guess, where how hard you punch or swing a sword has a lot to do with how strong you are, and how hot a fire you magic up has a lot to do with what spells you know.

However, they messed up all the meta maths by making the gap between ranks for magic far outscale physical. ATK and MAG also have soft-caps which massively hamper physical, because by the time you get to ATK levels that really make the higher equation shine, you're already well into soft-cap territory. (This was adjusted at different points in the release timeline in JP and Global - more on this later)

This actually means that in practice, mage meta is actually less gear dependent than physical if your abilities are good (like, you have enough orbs to hone 4* magic a few times, Meteor, etc). Mage meta 'works' with non-RS 5* rods because of this, where for physical you need a 5* RS sword to do anywhere near decent damage.

Two things to consider that contradict the above (both in large ways)
1) As mentioned, you need a baseline of good mage gear to start off, which takes months depending how lucky you are from when you start the game. The only thing is this is largely realm-agnostic (RS is definitely a bonus, but hampered by 9999 cap) so whatever mage gear you get sets you up for any realm.
2) Advance and/or Retaliate drastically reduces the offensive gearing requirement of a 'physical' setup by requiring only one good weapon per realm. This, for all intents and purposes, puts the gear requirement before that point in 1) far lower than magic setups.

Retaliate basically breaks the game in terms of gear req, but it takes a ton of turns to set up and maintain, meaning there's an inherent 'upkeep' to it that's not insignificant. Despite being able to double cut massive numbers, this turn tax actually puts Advance/Retaliate with a 5* RS around the same offensive output as a fully kitted out mage team with a ridiculous amount of ability hones.

Physical pulls ahead when gearing gets even better (back to the whole physical = stats, magic = ability ranks design) because when you aren't relying on Advance any more, things like Planet Protector, Deprotectga, and a bunch of other interchangeable RWs that boost entire party's ATK or decrease entire enemy's DEF means virtually everyone can hit for 9999 even with 4* RS weapons, making the party do equivalent damage to a mage setup BUT bringing debuffs (breakdowns, status busters, etc) into the equation.

As an addendum, when people say "mage meta dominates", they generally would be referring to the period of Month 4 to Month 7 of the Japanese service, where a magic setup would literally do twice as much damage as physical. That all changed in Japan with the release of SSBs, things like Planet Protector and the raising of the ATK softcap. Over on the global side, we actually got the ATK softcap changes early, so we didn't have that same months-long period of go-mage-or-go-home, but magic was still measurably better for a while. On Global we're now past that Month 7 point where characters are going to lv80 and we got the first of our party ATK buffs with Planet Protector, so mage meta is rapidly falling out of its leftover advantage.

tl;dr, for midgame, yeah, magic dominates, especially at the point where you're just digging into 4* abilities. At current peak endgame, magic and physical are pretty similar, even discounting Advance.

Valus

Ruinga to r4 then the ajas and bioga.

I'd also say Ruinga r4

Waterja:

Thanks dudes, appreciate the feedback.

One day I'll learn to stop trying these +/++/+++ battles with all synergy characters from the correct game and just use my a team plus whoever is mandatory for mastery. Wasted 40 stamina trying to do the boss rush with a FFX team and quickly realized that was a terrible idea. Now at the Yojimbo battle I assume drawvancetaliate with protectega and power breakdown/fullbreak just wrecks him

I can't bring myself to get rid of any of my 3* gear even if it's totally useless or I know that I'll simply never use it. I've got three 3++ Shell Shields (XII) and three 3++ Aegis Shields (IV) that I know that I'll never use, but whether it's because I may have gotten some through 100 gem pulls or just because I like seein' all dem gold items in my inventory, I let 'em sit there just taking up space. I'm such a digital hoarder.

Balphon

I can't bring myself to get rid of any of my 3* gear even if it's totally useless or I know that I'll simply never use it. I've got three 3++ Shell Shields (XII) and three 3++ Aegis Shields (IV) that I know that I'll never use, but whether it's because I may have gotten some through 100 gem pulls or just because I like seein' all dem gold items in my inventory, I let 'em sit there just taking up space. I'm such a digital hoarder.

I've just been upgrading one and selling any others I get once it's fully combined with a couple exceptions (e.g. Fencing Sabre).

WarAdept

Don't think I've ever sold a 3++. RS is king, even with natural 5's and it's cool going into a realm with glowing blue shit all over the place.

Mad excited about the UI update. AND COME OOOOON BANNER 2. GIVE DADDY MOG'S SPEAR.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Argh!! What is going on with my phone??

There was an update for Simpsons Tapped Out! and it said my phone wasn't compatible with the new version, and I went and looked up FF RK and it said the same thing! So I haven't downloaded the update yet.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Any advice? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom