• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my final 11 pull (only 30 mythril now), 6x 4 stars and 5x 3 stars. Blech. Of those 4 star 3 were items I had already so I was able to combine at least, another 1 already have a maxed out version. 3 of the 3 star were combinale, so yay I guess.

I feel like I got a ton of FF3 items over my 3 draws.

Kenai

Did an 11 pull on the Organics banner before it switched. Got Runeblade and All-Rounder, which isn't bad at all. Solid Spellblade sword and Blitzball.

Will be at 50 Mythril after the logins + Orbfest Mythrils I haven't cleared yet. Probably gonna do a final pull on this banner since I am seriously lacking in IX SBs, though I am strongly considering the next one as well since there'd be no doubles there.

I also got the Dragon Bracer. Targeted this banner because my FF9 synergy is garbage and my FF10 could use some improvement. I do need FF4 mage gear and Dragon Bracer has +Magic on it and a magic-based limit break... so close enough? At least it didn't give me an FF7 item. FF9 always gives me FF7 items.

Vice

Of the memory crystal 2s available which shiuld I pick up? Cecil, Rinoa, Tyro or Tidus. I have two unlocks left.

Tyro for his RM and then I would probably go with Cecil as I find myself using him in other realms to fill niche roles more often than any of the others there. I'm also not sure if his MC2 has ever been made available in Japan outside of trading a crystal lode for it.

LucaMac

An orbfest just started in Japan. Exp of hard is the same as the Ex+ in Global. Salty. Very Salty.

Tyro for his RM and then I would probably go with Cecil as I find myself using him in other realms to fill niche roles more often than any of the others there. I'm also not sure if his MC2 has ever been made available in Japan outside of trading a crystal lode for it.

He also got his BSSB today. Only Cloud, Squall and now Pencil have those. Soul Breakfast is on in Japan now with orbfest though so there may be more.

Falk

that puzzling face
Time to spill the beans

Stage 1 : 1 pull
Stage 2 : 1 pull
Stage 3 : zilch <-- <You Are Here>
Stage 4 : 2 pulls
Stage 5 : 1 pull

I got 2 5* out of Stage 2 pull :D :D :D

They were Tiger Claw VI and Esthar Bracer VIII

I guess the trick is for me to pull on banners that have non-unique 5*s in them because I'm not allowed to have unique 5*s!

Taz

100 gem pull wanted one item which was Vivi rod

Merry Christmas

ICQPupa.jpg

Oh dear. I've probably made a terrible mistake (most advice it to skip this banner) but at least I got Tidus SSB, Organyx (not the organics I wanted) and edincoat to show for it. Definitely don't want the mittens now. Still considering the candle as I don't want to pull on another banners with plain AoE heal relics (SSB phase 5 and FFIV Rosa) even if my reservations are about it being cure level healing and poor rod stats.

Edit: Force Sabre looking so similar to Fencing Sabre is making me thankful for the lock option
Edit: 30k weapon EXP to master a SSB...this will take a while.

Grzi

Started playing this yesterday out of boredom and it's really fun, a nice little nostalgia trip. It does look like a bit time investment so I'm not sure how long I'll be playing but for now I'm in.
I got a Danjuro (XII) as my first free roll, it's a 5-star weapon, so I guess I did good? Or are the first rolls always good to encourage you?
It does seem like I've missed a lot of events, so I have to wonder is it even worth it to jump in now? Do the characters I missed become available again on a regular basis?

Did 40 pull and all garbage. Dragon bracer x 2, some shit XIII robe and shit XII heavy armor.

I also got the Dragon Bracer. Targeted this banner because my FF9 synergy is garbage and my FF10 could use some improvement. I do need FF4 mage gear and Dragon Bracer has +Magic on it and a magic-based limit break... so close enough? At least it didn't give me an FF7 item. FF9 always gives me FF7 items.

I don't know the last battle I went into without my dragon gloves equipped on somebody. The sb is hot garbage but the stats are pretty nice unless you are whaled out. I prioritize defensive equips by their atk/mag bonus, doesn't everyone?

my 100 gem pull was a 4* vi crystal sword that went immediately to the "use as upgrade fodder when something nice actually gets pulled" pile. Between that one and the goofy II shield, I can't recall which 4*' I've junked more of due to maxing it out long ago.

Dragon Gloves was one of the first 5* I got. I used Golbez for a long time and it was perfect for him. The Fire Resistance also comes in handy.

Started playing this yesterday out of boredom and it's really fun, a nice little nostalgia trip. It does look like a bit time investment so I'm not sure how long I'll be playing but for now I'm in.
I got a Danjuro (XII) as my first free roll, it's a 5-star weapon, so I guess I did good? Or are the first rolls always good to encourage you?
It does seem like I've missed a lot of events, so I have to wonder is it even worth it to jump in now? Do the characters I missed become available again on a regular basis?

You get a free 5* item when you begin - Danjuro, Zantetsuken or Blitz Sword. There is also a newly added Beginners Banner that lets you pick a 5* item in addition to whatever you get from the Gacha. It's a one time deal though, so you may want to ask around for advice on which relic to pick (personally I'd recommend either the Tyrfing or Storm Staff). The Gacha itself is totally luck based - some banners I've done 1 pull and got everything I wanted, others I've dumped so much Mythril into and got nothing from it so bear that in mind.

The characters should all return at some point. A lot of the earlier event characters are unlockable through Bonus Quests. Memory Crystals may be a bit of a longer wait - these allow your characters to break the Level Cap and unlock "Record Materia" which is pretty important down the line. There is an event on currently where you can earn Hero Souls/Memory Lodes that let you pick any of the released characters/memory crystals to unlock - it may be worth your time to get as many of those done as possible whilst the event lasts. If you struggle then pick a high level RW (Roaming Warrior) with an offensive soul break and they should be able to kill the boss for you - Cloud (Blade Beam), Squall (Cutting Trigger), and Sephiroth (Black Materia) will all do the job.

MicH

Oh damn. I got a 4* Warrior's Sword (X) on my 100 gem pull. That's a brand new relic for me! I can't remember the last time that happened

In a typical twist of fate I spent 150 mythril on the last banner chasing organics and got jack shit of worth and then did a 100 gem draw on this one and got Tellah's unique. FML

Road

I just opened up my Japanese account to check their orb fest (which is 2 ahead of ours, thus a million times better) and the new BSSB banner...

And it's sad how my Japanese account, which I have only to look around new shiny stuff (49 stamina) and only did relic draws on Lucky and SSB festival banners already has much better soul breaks (Japan has Sentinel Grimoire, Lullaby Rod, Cardinal and Cutting Trigger to name a few; Global has Thyrus and the rest is trash). Not to mention it has almost the same amount of 5* (32 global x 25 in Japan) despite probably 1000 myhtril less spent.

I'm not saying it's the rolling gacha, but...

Starting up, my advice is to keep doing the history dungeons following the line path. That way, you get a feel of the game and if you decide to get serious, then you'll have improved your party already a bit.

But if you want to take the next step already, my advice is to pay attention to the Roaming Warrior choice: Choose "unique" attacks and you'll be able to go far killing the bosses and complete the classic part of events getting the new characters.

Grzi

Dragon Gloves was one of the first 5* I got. I used Golbez for a long time and it was perfect for him. The Fire Resistance also comes in handy.

You get a free 5* item when you begin - Danjuro, Zantetsuken or Blitz Sword. There is also a newly added Beginners Banner that lets you pick a 5* item in addition to whatever you get from the Gacha. It's a one time deal though, so you may want to ask around for advice on which relic to pick (personally I'd recommend either the Tyrfing or Storm Staff). The Gacha itself is totally luck based - some banners I've done 1 pull and got everything I wanted, others I've dumped so much Mythril into and got nothing from it so bear that in mind.

The characters should all return at some point. A lot of the earlier event characters are unlockable through Bonus Quests. Memory Crystals may be a bit of a longer wait - these allow your characters to break the Level Cap and unlock "Record Materia" which is pretty important down the line. There is an event on currently where you can earn Hero Souls/Memory Lodes that let you pick any of the released characters/memory crystals to unlock - it may be worth your time to get as many of those done as possible whilst the event lasts. If you struggle then pick a high level RW (Roaming Warrior) with an offensive soul break and they should be able to kill the boss for you - Cloud (Blade Beam), Squall (Cutting Trigger), and Sephiroth (Black Materia) will all do the job.

I just opened up my Japanese account to check their orb fest (which is 2 ahead of ours, thus a million times better) and the new BSSB banner...

And it's sad how my Japanese account, which I have only to look around new shiny stuff (49 stamina) and only did relic draws on Lucky and SSB festival banners already has much better soul breaks (Japan has Sentinel Grimoire, Lullaby Rod, Cardinal and Cutting Trigger to name a few; Global has Thyrus and the rest is trash). Not to mention it has almost the same amount of 5* (32 global x 25 in Japan) despite probably 1000 myhtril less spent.

I'm not saying it's the rolling gacha, but...

Starting up, my advice is to keep doing the history dungeons following the line path. That way, you get a feel of the game and if you decide to get serious, then you'll have improved your party already a bit.

But if you want to take the next step already, my advice is to pay attention to the Roaming Warrior choice: Choose "unique" attacks and you'll be able to go far killing the bosses and complete the classic part of events getting the new characters.

Thanks for the replies guys.
managed to get Squall and Zidane through the Veil of Memories, hopefully I manage to get a few more character I want.
I'll probably stick to using the characters I like, but will probably switch my party around from time to time. Do some characters come recommended more than others?

ZangBa

I started playing the Japanese version because why not, but it loads soooo slow and constantly loses connection and I don't know why. I guess it's just protecting me from dissappointment.

LucaMac

Quick question before I download this and start playing:

Are you able to unlock any FMVs or movies of classic scenes from the FF games?

Not really. The last event had a mini fmv from FFVII but you could only look at it when the event is active. I'm sure there are ways of retrieving those files but it's probably more complicated than looking up the desired fmvs on YouTube or something...I'm pretty sure there's possibilities of downloading collections somewhere etc. I know there was a crew doing a fan dub of FFIX a while back for example, I got sent info on it because they were casting Irish people as Burmecians (Accurate? Funny? Harsh? Or a little racist? Haven't decided yet)...they got the files from somewhere.

I may have made a mistake. I played this game almost half a year ago and got back into it a few days ago. I see some massive improvements in the interface and loading times.

There is so much story content to catch up to now. Even back then I would mostly do the daily/weekly challenges thing to get some characters I wanted and now all of my folks are around lvl 25-35 (the ones I use regularly I mean). Please tell me it's not going to be a slog to go through all of the story mode events completely wrecking everything on autobattle. I can guess that the Elite dungeons are there for a challenge, but still... I've only unlocked the FFVI stages now.

The Classics are rarely all that challenging, but they do reach the 90+ difficulty later on so it isn't all completely trivial.
Thanks for the replies guys.
managed to get Squall and Zidane through the Veil of Memories, hopefully I manage to get a few more character I want.
I'll probably stick to using the characters I like, but will probably switch my party around from time to time. Do some characters come recommended more than others?
Use your favourites, really. That said its worth building an A Team that will get you through to level 50 at least. Cloud is always a solid choice for melee fighter. Terra is IMO the best mage all round in the game so far. Gilgamesh can equip just about anything and can tank for your party really well.
If you end up getting some unique soul break equipment that can easily set that character ahead of the pack especially early on.

ZangBa

Man, I shouldn't have started a Japanese account. First 15 mythril I get I do a 3 pull and get Balthier's badass gun, lol.

Xetherion

This FFV banner was nice to me, 100 gem pull got a Zantetsuken (VI) which I combined to make a 6*. Then an 11 pull got me the Thor Hammer and a Ninja Suit, as well as three different 4* items i could combine to make two different 4*++ and a 4*+, and a 4* Crystal Helm (VI) which i never had before.

Negator

I gave into weakness and bought an 11 pull. Got Bartz Air Knife, Variable Steel (X) and Soldier Sword (VII)

Even then...I feel dirty.

MrDaravon

Did the 100-gem pull, got another FFV 3* Harp (whyyyy)

Now at 20 pulls my luck has been:

17 3*
1 4*
2 5*

I've only been tracking this just to see how much real money I've been putting into the game, but I don't think I'm going to keep bothering doing the 100-gem pulls anymore. Two 5*s across 20 item pulls is by no means terrible (and just about right in line with the odds IIRC) even if 1 of the two was pretty garbage, but only 1 4* and 17 3* is pretty awful. Combined with my 0/55 followed by getting a double drop of the worst relic in banner 2 has kind of killed any further compulsion I have to give the game the 100-gem pulls as a way of "paying" for the game. Has nothing to do with the 100-gem thing, but we desperately need rolling gacha in global. I'd have to go back to double check but IIRC before I went 0/55 I got 1 5* two banners in a row, then I was either 0/22 or 0/33 before that. So that would be a total of 5 relics in 10-12 full pulls which shouldn't be allowed to happen -_-.

I think I'm gonna blow the last full mythril pull I can do on FFV Banner 2 to mainly try to get Lenna's item since I use her (and there's also an okay Gilgamesh item in there) then just hoard my Mythril going forward to see what they do.

So despite my last post above I decided to do a 100-gem pull on the FFV banner since I still have like $2 in my Google Play account that I'm not going to use for anything else, and maybe I'll get lucky right?

I got the exact same FFV 3* Harp I got yesterday. This is now the 4th time total I've gotten this exact same harp from 100 gem pulls (along with 3 FF4 Sleep Blades and 3 or 4 FFV Bows). Why do I keep doing this to myself.

falk.jpg

Edit: I just noticed the FFV event doesn't end until 1/5, does it overlap with anything else after the 1st? Basically is there any reason NOT to just stay in orbfest until the first?

So despite my last post above I decided to do a 100-gem pull on the FFV banner since I still have like $2 in my Google Play account that I'm not going to use for anything else, and maybe I'll get lucky right?

I got the exact same FFV 3* Harp I got yesterday. This is now the 4th time total I've gotten this exact same harp from 100 gem pulls (along with 3 FF4 Sleep Blades and 3 or 4 FFV Bows). Why do I keep doing this to myself.

falk.jpg

Edit: I just noticed the FFV event doesn't end until 1/5, does it overlap with anything else after the 1st? Basically is there any reason NOT to just stay in orbfest until the first?

I'm just doing FFV when I fall into less then 20 stamina doing orb fest, also the real part of orb fest ends soon and the last phase is upgrade mats which aren't worth refreshing for

Lren

Did that beginner pull earlier this week; 8 3-star, 3 4-star items. At the very least, being able to pick out Balthier's gun kept my sodium levels low. Hoping the luck turns around for the FFV events or the remaining SB banners.

Negator

I want the characters now so I can level them up in orbfest.

Also, as long as you don't leave the dungeon, you can do level 1 or 2 for up to 72 hours after the phase ends.

Let's make a balance now that we have reached 50 100-gems pulls since their introduction.
A grand total of 3 five stars for me from the paid pulls.
Unfortunately I didn't track all the 4 stars, but all in all I'm satisfied.

BTW, considering that among my total 24 five stars I have SG and two h35 medicas, I am definitely convinced that quality outweights quantity . I'll be shooting for the hastega relic when I can, but not on this banner, eiko is out of the list of interesting characters I want in my A team.

Did a quick count and i've been playing for 34 of them. Think i did the 100 gem on atleast 30 - have a Flame Shield (VI) and Red Armlet (X) to show as far as 5* goes. Latter is nice but don't think i ever used the shield.

I went and picked up Faris and Krile immediately. Can put them into my orbfest team, i'll go back for the second half of the event in a few days. Plus! Its awesome being able to use all 5 of the Warriors of Dawn together!

Falk

that puzzling face
I stopped doing 100gem pulls about two weeks back

Probably not spending anything on this game unless Ultimates kick my ass or something.

(HAH FAT CHANCE)

Grzi

Is the Cutting Trigger considered a Common Relic? I see it listed among the Relics in the free daily draw so I guess it is? Has anyone managed to get it this way?
I was thinking of saving up my mithril for the final phase of Soul Break Spectacular so I can try my luck getting it but if I can get it anytime I might as well try and roll for some other stuff. What do you guys think?

Road

Think to myself: banner 3 because it has 2 FFX weapons and I don't have any 5* from that world yet.

Did cult of 3.
Got a 5*!

Fake Organics (FFVI)...

My realm synergy is not at all biased:

4 =
6 =====
7 ====
8 =
9 =
12 =====
13 =

= 5* weapon

Will wait for the second FFV banner because Lenna's aoe heal+regen is the best soul break for me. Not like I'll get it. It took me 9 months to get my first relic I was aiming for in a banner (Thyrus).

Edit: Remember how in the previous FFV event it used the SNES version graphics in the stage selection background. Nope, they use the mobile version here. I wonder when DeNA will dare to do the same to FFVI.

Is the Cutting Trigger considered a Common Relic? I see it listed among the Relics in the free daily draw so I guess it is? Has anyone managed to get it this way?
Click the relics button to show everything that drops from that banner (which is nearly every weapon and armour in the game). It lists the 5*s at the top and the banner and relics contained gets updated about once a month (usually after a dungeon update) and when it does the free pull for that day resets.

As for people getting 5*. Amusingly the chance of getting a 4* is actually less than a 5* (the game sends data about odds but does not display them anywhere in the international version of the game, Japanese versions lists odds and the odds are worse there for the common draw as they can do it 3 times a day) and the 5* odds are something like 0.168% which over hundreds of thousands of players means a few will get a 5*.

Still though it is 1* and 2* about 98% of the time.

elty

My last 10 50 mythril draw was trying to get either a hastega, or FF IV or X weapon, and never got one. Have been getting all kinds of armor.

Wingus

Pulled 11 X and 3 X on the FFV banner and got the following 5* gear:

- Magus Rod (Krile)
- Ice Brand FFV
-Variable Steel FFX

Combine this with several FFV 5* weapons previously (Kotetsu x 2 for Gilgamesh and the staff for Lenna), I'm pretty happy since this is my favourite FF.

I wanted Air Knife for Bartz, but I'll give him that Ice Brand weapon in the meantime.

MrDaravon

Crap, I didn't realize Lenna's MC2 was going to be tied to one of the Bonus Battles, I hope I'm able to do it :X. Was sorta banking on getting that, already have her at 65.

SSB Phase 4 starts today, I've been saving mythril for this since the lightning banner (spend 300 mythril trying to get her weapon, got 2 vegas instead).

I have 430 mythril ready for this. :O

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
SSB Phase 4 starts today, I've been saving mythril for this since the lightning banner (spend 300 mythril trying to get her weapon, got 2 vegas instead).

I have 430 mythril ready for this. :O

You should know that Lightning is getting her super soul break weapon in about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom