• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should know that Lightning is getting her super soul break weapon in about a month.

Yeah but my main priority is the lullaby rod then lulu's hairpin > minerva bustier > blazefire saber >>>>> rune axe.

Then save for the SSSSB Festival (Terra's SSB weapon) and the FFT banner

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Yeah but my main priority is the lullaby rod then lulu's hairpin > minerva bustier > blazefire saber >>>>> rune axe.

Then save for the SSSSB Festival (Terra's SSB weapon) and the FFT banner

In that case then by all means go for it. I personally would love Lullaby Rod and Hairpin myself.

MicH

SSB Phase 4 starts today, I've been saving mythril for this since the lightning banner (spend 300 mythril trying to get her weapon, got 2 vegas instead).

I have 430 mythril ready for this. :O
I spent an ungodly amount of mythril trying to get the Vega. Got two Blazefire Sabres instead :(

Balphon

Still better then people who 11 pull and get 11 3*

With the benefit of the 10 mythril refund from VoR banner one I managed 13 3* from an 11 pull.

EDIT: Got another five 3* on the fourth banner just now.

mAX8Q8pm.png

Dreavus

Edit: Remember how in the previous FFV event it used the SNES version graphics in the stage selection background. Nope, they use the mobile version here. I wonder when DeNA will dare to do the same to FFVI.

I hope not! Aren't nearly all the sprites from the newer games modeled after the FFVI style? (I noticed Sephiroth has Cyan's "ready" pose.)

Although for that FFVI event a few weeks ago the big promo art on the banners and stuff was from mobile version *shudder*.

Xetherion

Phase 4 banner:

100 gem - 3*

11 pull - 2x Blazefire Saber, 3 4*, 6 3*

I've been lacking a XIII sword, but i would have preferred any of the other unique SB gear on the banner except the Bustier. Oh well.

Got a 5* but it's not a featured relic and doesn't have a SB, which is lame. Pulled an Oath Veil (VI). I suppose, however, that it's not a bad item to get as the stats are decent on it and the few mage hats I have get fairly regular use.

Dreavus

Decided to throw 50 mithril at the latest phase and got a Rune Axe! I was just thinking how cool it was that Golbez was a party member you could recruit in this game. Still lacking a good heal (using the christmas one for now with Mog) but my party is pretty decently rounded at this point for lower-end content.

That feeling when there is 5 rainbow orbs in one pull and you can see that 4 of them are not sparkling... What are the freaking odds. Out of 150 Mythrils, 5 SB less 5* out of 7. Soulbreak Spectacular my ass!

Got Tyro's book but I can't see why I would use it over SG, at least it will synergize for all the crazy incoming fights where synergy depends of abilities. It sucks to bitch at getting many 5*, but things like Royal Gown and Zantetsuken can fuck right off.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull got me a 3* FFVI Helmet, as expected pretty much lol. Debating if I maybe I want to do a 3-pull on this banner or not; this banner is the only one where I had any of the relics (I have both the Lullaby Rod and the Rune Axe), but I wouldn't mind getting Terra's item, or anything decent really.

God if I pull on this banner at all I'm going to get the relics I already have aren't I

Edit: I did a 3 pull and got 2 3* items AND ANOTHER RUNE AXE

WHY DO I HAVE LIKE NO RELICS AND THE GAME KEEPS GIVING ME DUPLICATES

I DON'T EVEN HAVE GOLBEZ

ALKSDJF;LKASJF

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm wondering if I should bother with this draw. Tyro seems to be a permanent fixture now that I need to use SG all the time, but I guess +10 attack really is pointless for him anyway since he's just there to cast SG and then hit Cloud. Ah well. lol

I nabbed a 5 star ninja suit from the 100 gem pull on the V banner. My V defense is stout, my offense, not so much:

V Defense:
5+ Gengi helm
5 Diamond Plate (light armor w/mediocre blind sb)
5 Ninja Suit
5 Diamond Armor (heavy armor w/minor lightning resist)
4++ Thornlet (helm)
4+ Crystal Armor

Oddly I've only got a 4* Hypno crown for the mages, that one I can't get more to drop.

Offensively, yeesh:
5++ Judgment staff for crazy strong rs MND: 247+5
4++ Giant's Axe rated at 198 atk with rs (which is higher than a bunch of my 5* items with rs in other realms)
4+ Rune Axe at 164 with rs
3++ Death Sickle axe at 144 w/rs
and some 3++ swords at 120 ish rs,
3++ flame rod which is eh on par with my non rs rods.

So basically a party led by PCecil and Gilgamesh.

In other news, I cannot get a major power orb to drop, I've gotten 5 winds and 2 non elementals. Up 21m+ gold, have 16 mythril left on hand for stam refreshes, so maybe another 19-20 with daily rewards before dropping out with just enough time to tackle the upgrade festival.

B.K.

I've been trying to beat Omega tonight. I can't even get its HP to 50%. Looks like I won't be beating it. I wish I hadn't spent so many orbs creating and honing abilities. I've almost wiped out all my gains in the orbfest.

Behold my strongest attack AND magic weapon... Not sure how I feel.

BywY2Gp.jpg

At least it will looks like this in Abyss dungeons:

yWJhFHN.jpg

Crazy how having SG can also be a "curse". I guess that Lifesyphon might allows me to use both SB. I would bring SG as RW but I have no Hastega relics.

Seeing that Keeper SSB+ made me think of something: Is it possible to get multiple +10s from SSB dupes or can it only be earned once, regardless of how many are pulled?

Kenai

Got Golbez Axe (he was still level 1, woo) and Lulu's hairpin (yay Lulu).

So, need some help deciding on who to RW for popularity/usefulness since I don't have any of the usual suspects (SG/SS/2LH/Boon).

Taking away the DPS or DPS/Status down/Status effect ones (which I have quite a few of actually so would be kinda lengthy), I am left with:

Medica 2 (Y'shtola)
Fountain of Knowledge (Tellah)
Focus (Lulu)
Northswain's Glow (Ashe)

I assume Lulu's would be best overall?

Seeing that Keeper SSB+ made me think of something: Is it possible to get multiple +10s from SSB dupes or can it only be earned once, regardless of how many are pulled?

The main draw of a personal 6*/7* is learning the SB much faster, you get a 150%/200% exp bonus to learning it (and the better stats of course)

Xetherion

Got Golbez Axe (he was still level 1, woo) and Lulu's hairpin (yay Lulu).

So, need some help deciding on who to RW for popularity/usefulness since I don't have any of the usual suspects (SG/SS/2LH/Boon).

Taking away the DPS or DPS/Status down/Status effect ones (which I have quite a few of actually so would be kinda lengthy), I am left with:

Medica 2 (Y'shtola)
Fountain of Knowledge (Tellah)
Focus (Lulu)
Northswain's Glow (Ashe)

I assume Lulu's would be best overall?

Yes, Lulu's would be best.

Jyrii

Banned
I did two 11 pulls on the 4th banner. No 5* items. Overall i got maybe four 5* items with my six pulls, so I am not overly dissapointed.

broz0rs

Anybody here play FFRK on Bluestacks? I'm trying it out on PC for the first time tonight, but it seems to crash every time. Any advice?

Falk

that puzzling face
My realm synergy is not at all biased:

4 =
6 =====
7 ====
8 =
9 =
12 =====
13 =

= 5* weapon

Dis cool

(Not counting Golden Sword and Christmas item)

Code:
Weapons
 4 ===
 5 --
 6 --
 7 =-
 8 --
 9 =---
10 =
12 -
13 =----
14 =-

Armor
 4 ---
 5 -
 6 -
 7 ==---
 8 -
10 -
13 -

Have: Wall, AOE heal, ATK up
Do not have: Protectga, Shellga, Hastega, MAG up (witch's hat doesn't count)

= unique
- non-unique

Torn between Balthier's gun and Tyrfing for Beginner pull item. Don't have any 5* gun, but on the other hand don't have any III synergy.

Dis cool

(Not counting Golden Sword and Christmas item)

Code:
Weapons
 4 ===
 5 --
 6 --
 7 =-
 8 --
 9 =---
10 =
12 -
13 =----
14 =-

Armor
 4 ---
 5 -
 6 -
 7 ==---
 8 -
10 -
13 -

Have: Wall, AOE heal, ATK up
Do not have: Protectga, Shellga, Hastega, MAG up (witch's hat doesn't count)

= unique
- non-unique

Torn between Balthier's gun and Tyrfing for Beginner pull item. Don't have any 5* gun, but on the other hand don't have any III synergy.

Considering you can probably make barrage r2/r3 I'd go with Tyrfing for Luneth advance/barrage massacre

Falk

that puzzling face
Advance is also a surefire way to get your teeth kicked in by many of the Ultimate bosses starting with Vossler.

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, you just have to keep in mind that a lot of Ultimate bosses have moves that outright ignore evasion, so someone with Advance up is going to take a sock to the face because of the DEF penalty.

Vossler's CT0 both ignores draw fire mechanics and evasion mechanics and targets the highest HP, so either your entire party needs to be beefy (or in the back row) or you need to have a game plan that keeps someone else at high HP so he doesn't smack Luneth (or whoever's FSing Advance)

SG/SSII are pretty much required to not die to CT0 though. So no Advance friend summon.

Here's a clear that still uses Retaliate because Gilgamesh is stupid

11 pull. No 5*. Looks doubtful I'll be spending any time doing ultimate battles. I say doubtful as there is always phase 5 (might do a 3 pull here, though any 5* will probably be edward's harp) and FFV banner 2. I suppose I could pick the Christmas gift candle now (I've still got about 20 hours to pick it) but I feel that is futile and will just make me attempt ultimate battles I have little chance of winning (as AoE cure is flat out worse than AoE cura) leading to rage filled posts here which make the Turks and the Seifer trio look tame so it is best for me to go for the knife instead so I don't even feel tempted to try.

I mean my relics (including freebies, 29 natural 5*, 6 are armour) don't mean much as I do not have: Wall, AOE heal, ATK up, Protectga+, Shellga+, Hastega, MAG up (witch's hat doesn't count)
Form reading you need to own like what, at least one of those (preferably two and RW anything else) and which ones depends on which ultimate battle.

In a way it is liberating not having to worry about doing the toughest content but I feel the gacha has made the decision for me here.

Maybe it is a bit premature to write all that with two whole banners to go until D-day as I noted at the start. Whatever, it is written now.

I hope not! Aren't nearly all the sprites from the newer games modeled after the FFVI style? (I noticed Sephiroth has Cyan's "ready" pose.)

Although for that FFVI event a few weeks ago the big promo art on the banners and stuff was from mobile version *shudder*.
In the case of FFV the dungeon graphics have always been the mobile version over here and I guess for the previous FFV event they had not done all the graphics required (even then the SNES graphics were sloppy like castle exdeath first time using the illusion revealed version of the castle).

Teiran

That feeling when you wake up in the morning and realize you went way too hard on the phase 4 banner because you have exactly one mythril left...

Crazy that I had planned to 50 pull on all ssb banners, but after my fairly amazing pulls on beginner and banner 1 (and a horribly mediocre banner 2 pull) I've just decided to sit on my mythril. None of the relics really fall into the need/want category. So once again I'm sitting on like 320 mythril and I guess I'll just wait for either the bssb fest or fft banner to do some more 50 pulls.

rsniper59

Neo Member
I've been having some very nice luck with RNG lately!

Pulled an Organics in my only SSB fest 11x pull, got a Gaia Gear from the 100 gem pull in the current FFV event, and just did a 15 Mythril pull on the current Festive Fantasy phase and got a 5-star Light Armor for XII with a water damage Shared SB.

I know that the last two aren't incredible, but I'm lacking in both V and XII synergy and the shared SB's can be pretty darn useful! Really pleased with my holiday haul.

While I can't confirm, the dmg probably ends up being better vs bosses since SL is a 4 hit vs the 3 on the SSB. SSB is also Earth Ele which means a fair amount of things resist it and not a whole lot are weak to it.
Yeah, a lot of things resist or absorb earth, while lightning I believe is the most common elemental weakness. SLG does 4 hits of 2.0 physical lightning so you'll probably hit 40k damage on a boss that's weak to lightning, and if Tyro's boosted enough the potential is there to hit that 40k cap even without elemental weakness. The SSB being 3 hit is limited to at most 30k and has less opportunities to take advantage of elemental weaknesses. I've been curious about how difficult it would be to hit that 40k cap without exploiting lightning weakness but I've been lazy about doing the math - if it's practical then I might just get the SLG anyways if what Falk is saying about the Ultimate bosses is true since the only real use I'd have for the Tyrfing is to abuse Advance + Barrage.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know,

+10STR for Cloud or Squall is a drop in the bucket

+10STR for Tyro might as well be doubling his STR

:O

edit: Don't discount Tyrfing completely. It has plenty of use both in and out of Ultimate bosses (you have to plan around it) AND it's RS in a realm that doesn't have too much RS but does have a healthy dose of content (as opposed to, say, FFI lol)

Like I said, I'm also still pretty undecided between that and Balthier's gun. Considering how long we have, I might wait until after SSBfest v2 to decide.

I know that the last two aren't incredible, but I'm lacking in both V and XII synergy and the shared SB's can be pretty darn useful! Really pleased with my holiday haul.

Viking Coat is pretty baller because a bunch of XII bosses are multi-target water-vulnerable.

ZangBa

I don't know if I should pull on phase 5 or banner 2 of the FFV event going on. I told myself I'd pull on phase 5 at least once because Cecil is one of my favorite characters, but I spent 100 more mythril then I intended to try to get SG, so I only have 50 left, and banner 2 looks really good. I have Y'shtola's AoE heal already, but I like Lenna better, and all the other relics look pretty good too, whereas phase 5 doesn't impress me much.

Then I'm saving all my mythril for FFT or this BSSBfest that will definitely not have the same items as banner 4. They will be like nah you need all this, here's Dusk Lance and Josef's glove instead.

Beelzebubs

I don't know if I should pull on phase 5 or banner 2 of the FFV event going on. I told myself I'd pull on phase 5 at least once because Cecil is one of my favorite characters, but I spent 100 more mythril then I intended to try to get SG, so I only have 50 left, and banner 2 looks really good. I have Y'shtola's AoE heal already, but I like Lenna better, and all the other relics look pretty good too, whereas phase 5 doesn't impress me much.

Then I'm saving all my mythril for FFT or this BSSBfest that will definitely not have the same items as banner 4. They will be like nah you need all this, here's Dusk Lance and Josef's glove instead.

There MIGHT be another dungeon update early January so I'm spending all the rest of my mythril on SSB5 and hoping I'll have enough for a 3 pull on banner 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom