• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I'm probably just going to take the Rod; the Lullaby Rod is by a country mile the best Rod or Staff I have both MND and MAG wise. Relatively speaking with my gear I'd be better off keeping that on a BM and taking the Candle Rod for my WM or vice versa. The dagger kinda sucks and the reddit post about it being a good option potentially for Yuffie/Red XIII for FFVII synergy doesn't apply to me with my goddamn double Tiger Fang drop -_-. The mittens are hilarious but I already have a bunch of FF7 bracers, albeit not as good, but the Rod would relatively be better for me right now, and the SB on the bracers kinda sucks.

Edit: Yeah, if I take the Lullaby Rod out of the running the highest MND item I have is only 33 with no RS, the Candle Rod is 83 with no RS. I fare a bit better with my best non-MAG item being 64 MAG, but I'd rather have a bit of a stronger BM than WM.

Holiday mittens for me, I already have 2 different sb heals including one for a FF7 character so that's useless. The dagger would be nice but I already have Tifa's glove which I can give to Yuffie for the solo challenge, and I have plenty of 7 weapons. I don't have a sb attack boost for party and that stats are decent enough that I could throw it on a back row support character in mage meta.

Merry Christmas, Keepers.

I'm torn between the dagger and mittens. The dagger would be a good item for Yuffie, who is my sweetest ever (why'd she have to be in such a crummy game, argh), but I already have four natural 5★ weapons for VII. I only have one 5★ armor for VII, but the mittens seem to be blah without synergy (and even then, it makes them equal to non-synergy 5★).

Nohar

Initially I wanted the rod, then I saw the stats... So, yeah, screw that, I got the mittens instead. That AoE Attack-(gimped) Boost will come in handy.

I have HotE, I am wondering how well the Mittens would work with it for the rare occasions where I need to go the melee route. Wouldn't be as potent as using a PP RW, but it would free up the RW for something else.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, if it's like any other Japanese game, you can only use one device at a time. I assume it's to prevent collisions - like if you played two copies of the same game at the same time.

I'm leaning toward the bracers if only because I have some FF7 4* gloves already. They're weaker than the dagger by like 8 ATK though, so I don't know if it's worth it. I could theoretically see using the bangles at least for an attack boost, but the dagger seems to be only used for one specific event coming up...

I keep getting an error on my ipad saying "this game center accoint is already associated wih a current game" :|

Edit: same error if I use a one time code :/

I haven't tried it, but I have heard that once you load your account on the new device they can be interchangeable (your saves are online, I guess).

This works just fine - everything syncs up. I'd just keep one instance of the source data open just in case though. Anyway, my data synced between iPhone and iPad, and it was there when.I upgraded my phone too.

Dreavus

I'm pretty new to the game and don't have a great stable of weapons. Is the heal on the candle rod worth using if I have no alternative ? I could use a 5 star rod, but I'll skip it if it's reaaally bad.

I'm pretty new to the game and don't have a great stable of weapons. Is the heal on the candle rod worth using if I have no alternative ? I could use a 5 star rod, but I'll skip it if it's reaaally bad.

If you don't have a good mind or aoe heal go for it, otherwise no

Kenai

Merry Christmas!

I have a Shark so I have a dagger with synergy, and plenty of other melee weapons too.

I also have more bracelets than I'd care to admit trying to pull a Red XIII weapon,

Healer rods/weapons are a weak point of mine (my healers usually end up using my generic 5* Thunder Rods or Poison Staff or Telllah's rod if I don't have some 4*+ syngery weapon). It's a shame that the stats are kinda crap compared to standard 5*s, but it would be a nice SB to use when I have Protect/Shell covered already by Lunatic High/Boon and don't need bracelet SB to do that.

At 43 MSO now. With the summons update in JP I really wonder if I will try to hone Bahamut a few times or break those orbs to create 4* for vulnerabilities... Maybe level my Maduin and Valefor from R4 to R5. I really like summons, can't wait for that update! Falk shall guide me in time with his SMN expertise!

Falk

that puzzling face
By the time the summon changes hit we're gonna be rolling in summon orbs. They'll no longer be limited to events.

Rosetta Stones appear to be the new summon orbs.

I did 2 more pulls on the Banner 2 (so 115 Mythril + 100 gems total) and got 3* trash + 5* FFIX Power Sash. The game just loves giving me generic 5*s.

At least this is another Light Armor. 100 Def, 95 Res, 10 Atk seems decent (my other IX Light Armor is the Adamant Vest with 102 Def, 99 Res). The Shared SB means I can now have both protectga and shellga (Emerald Bracer X) via SBs if need be.

By the time the summon changes hit we're gonna be rolling in summon orbs. They'll no longer be limited to events.

Rosetta Stones appear to be the new summon orbs.

All the summons then!

About Rosetta Stones, I am scared that they will end up like all the Megaelixirs I ever got in any FF, still in inventory "just in case of"... Maybe if I pull Lightning SSB!

Negator

All the summons then!

About Rosetta Stones, I am scared that they will end up like all the Megaelixirs I ever got in any FF, still in inventory "just in case of"... Maybe if I pull Lightning SSB!

I was stockpiling them all until I pulled Rinoa's SSB weapon. Thinking about it now I wish I had put it on a more versatile weapon type but I'm at +8 and there's no going back now.

I was stockpiling them all until I pulled Rinoa's SSB weapon. Thinking about it now I wish I had put it on a more versatile weapon type but I'm at +8 and there's no going back now.

Yeah this is my conundrum as well my only ssb currently is Rinoa's and not many people can use throwing mage weapons effectively/at all

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, technically you can eventually use those as fodder for BSSBs or whatever and the augments aren't wasted.

you're a stronger man than I if you do that though

Taz

Yeah this is my conundrum as well my only ssb currently is Rinoa's and not many people can use throwing mage weapons effectively/at all

With her getting MC2 she's going to be the only level 80 black mage for a few months so it's win, win.

Used reta-Adanced and got all MC2 complete went for Cloud/Tidus/Rinoa/Squall.

With her getting MC2 she's going to be the only level 80 black mage for a few months so it's win, win.

Used reta-Adanced and got all MC2 complete went for Cloud/Tidus/Rinoa/Squall.

I know (and I have her mc2 lol) its just there are situations I won't use Rinoa for one reason or another and I feel if I commit hard like that I'll have to make parties work around her.

Razmos

So... what is a Yunalesca and why are people saying regen is bad?
Yunalesca is a brutal (and epic) boss fight towards the end of Final Fantasy X. She has 3 forms and uses the Hellbiter move to inflict Zombie on your entire party, and then following up with Regen or Curaga to kill you quick.

It's not quite as brutal as Seymour Flux's Lance of Atropy (inflicts Zombie) + Full Life combo though which is ridiculous as hell.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Throwback to the mechanics of the original fight in FFX
I never played FFX so...

I just noticed people saying that they are getting the Rod because they need an AoE heal without regen. I never realized it, but there are so many gimmicked fights in Final Fantasy.

I'm surprised there isn't a battle where the game forces you to lose. Like a Palom and Porom turn into stone fight or something.

Yunalesca is a brutal (and epic) boss fight towards the end of Final Fantasy X. She has 3 forms and uses the Hellbiter move to inflict Zombie on your entire party, and then following up with Regen or Curaga to kill you quick.

It's not quite as brutal as Seymour Flux's Lance of Atropy (inflicts Zombie) + Full Life combo though which is ridiculous as hell.
Whoa... so if you get turned into a Zombie, you can't even heal at that point? That sounds terrible...

BasilZero

Managed to finish the initial stages from the festive event.

Then got destroyed by Omega weapon :X

At least now I will have 3 lv 80 characters l0l

Chose the mittens myself since I dont have any soul break that powers up attack for the party.

Edit: Good thing I chose the mittens and not the rod since I just went for a rare relic draw and got a headgear that does healing to party XD

Falk

that puzzling face
Nah, don't overthink it.

In the original game, Yunalesca had this mechanic (Zombie) which was the only way to avoid one of her later moves (Mega Death is an instant KO on people who didn't have Zombie on them). You couldn't heal while in the Zombie state, so it essentially became a burn-before-you-die encounter. In theory, at least. There were multiple little ways to cheese the encounter.

In FFRK, I guess they're simply replacing the Zombie status with Sap, and retaining the mechanic where Mega Death will not affect characters with that status.

She WILL sap you (Hellbiter) just as she would Zombiefy characters in FFX. You just don't want to accidentally clear Sap with regen abilities.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Well, mastered Omega fight. Had to try a few different setups, but the one that worked was this:

U8oyjoZl.jpg

Except for Magic Breakdown (R2) and Steal Power (R3), everything else was R4 minimum. In hindsight, bringing Ramuh was pointless because damage was very low (3k). The lightning scroll hit for something like 4k (but I think that I could have swapped Tyro for another black mage for more damage). After Steal Power, Bartz was hitting 9999 with Thundara Strike. Oh, used Eiko Cure + Haste for RW (could've used any hastega, really).

Anyway, stop-locked him and didn't lose any medals for damage.

Finally bested Omega. Took a lot of attempts but when I finally beat him I took no damage and wound up Championing it too.

Feeling very satisfied right now.

MrDaravon

Did the 100-gem pull, got another FFV 3* Harp (whyyyy)

Now at 20 pulls my luck has been:

17 3*
1 4*
2 5*

I've only been tracking this just to see how much real money I've been putting into the game, but I don't think I'm going to keep bothering doing the 100-gem pulls anymore. Two 5*s across 20 item pulls is by no means terrible (and just about right in line with the odds IIRC) even if 1 of the two was pretty garbage, but only 1 4* and 17 3* is pretty awful. Combined with my 0/55 followed by getting a double drop of the worst relic in banner 2 has kind of killed any further compulsion I have to give the game the 100-gem pulls as a way of "paying" for the game. Has nothing to do with the 100-gem thing, but we desperately need rolling gacha in global. I'd have to go back to double check but IIRC before I went 0/55 I got 1 5* two banners in a row, then I was either 0/22 or 0/33 before that. So that would be a total of 5 relics in 10-12 full pulls which shouldn't be allowed to happen -_-.

I think I'm gonna blow the last full mythril pull I can do on FFV Banner 2 to mainly try to get Lenna's item since I use her (and there's also an okay Gilgamesh item in there) then just hoard my Mythril going forward to see what they do.

Decided not to bother pulling on the Tidus banner, yeah I need a FFX natural 5 star but neither Tidus ssb or Auron's weapon really jump out to me as amazing and Tidus isn't that great a character. I also have plenty of FFIX 5 star gear and with my luck I'd just get more of that.

Edit: did do a 100 gem pull, 3 star junk

MrDaravon

Decided not to bother pulling on the Tidus banner, yeah I need a FFX natural 5 star but neither Tidus ssb or Auron's weapon really jump out to me as amazing and Tidus isn't that great a character. I also have plenty of FFIX 5 star gear and with my luck I'd just get more of that.

I'm curious to see how the upcoming FFIX event goes for me; people seem to be making a relatively big deal about having RS for that coming up. I have two 2++ FFIX items and that is literally it lol.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Got a Butterfly sword with my 100 gem pull which was great and then I got greedy and did two 11 relic draws and only got a Purge Robe. I'm just going to save the rest for the FFV banner as I don't have many weapons for that realm. Maybe do a 11 pull on Banner 5 too.

Decided to only do 100 gem + x3 pull on this one and ended up getting the Shimmering Blade on my last pull. Not the most amazing SB but given that aside from my Official Ball, all I've got for offensive weapons in X are the Fencing Sabres they gave out, I'm happy to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom