• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Tidd

Fuck you stupid ****** who wanted to kill my Fujin by targeting her with a Chain Firaga and then used Tyro's USB instead of his Wall... After that he quit. Wondered why he didn't attack him to reset everything...

MrDaravon

Did a 100-gem pull on the new FFV banner on a lark despite my lofty claims of not putting any money into the game since I was bored and I got Galuf's infamous SSB. Yay?

100 gem got me nothing, but 1x 11 pull got me 3/11 with Lenna USB + BSB (also got Exdeath Magic Blink, but it was a dupe)

Sweet pull.

Raid was pretty easy this week. I brought Terra w/ all SBs and Fujin w/ her BSB. I saw some other Terras who OSB'ed without en-Fire first and the difference in damage is enormous.

Died once on the 220 because somebody's Tyro forgot to refresh Sentinel Grimoire (you had one job! lol). Second try, no problem.

Tidd

I love the Beatrix & Agrias combo. You don't have to decide who's better just use both. :p Thanks to those two and Setzer it was an easy A+ fight. Seriously fuck Leviathan and Asura... Funny thing: Since I pulled Setzer's BSB I banished Tyro from my team. Stacking debuffs is so much more fun and you can always RW wall or use Y'sthola for that while still using her BSB.

Sweet pull.

Raid was pretty easy this week. I brought Terra w/ all SBs and Fujin w/ her BSB. I saw some other Terras who OSB'ed without en-Fire first and the difference in damage is enormous.

Died once on the 220 because somebody's Tyro forgot to refresh Sentinel Grimoire (you had one job! lol). Second try, no problem.

I was raid leader on 220 and took over Tyro(who did the initial wall) who was the dance breaker with Sentinel. Thus no way to wrath... the Ysh character on the team kept spamming support(he also had wall and wrath I believe...he used his bubble). I'd put the damn wall up if I had it online...finally after like 6 turns near the end of the round I got it up. 3 people died but we got mastery. Spamming support/defense whatever is useless if there is no possible way I can get the damn thing up.

If your Tyro has no way to build soul break gauge...it's probably not that he forgot just that it was impossible.

Sweet pull.

My teams tyro also botched this right at the end. What a waste.

Does everyone know what all the SBs do off the top of their heads? I barely remember what my own toons do, let alone someone else's SBs which I don't have.

Honestly? Yeah I remember what 100% of the most critical SBs do on their own. TG Cid, Raines, Tyro, onion knight, Vaan, Faris, Fujin, and Y'shtola all have winner SBs and loser SBs. Best to memorize what icons are the winners so that if someone drops out you can not mess up multi. Or kick players that are bringing one, but missing key components.

If a player brings a unit I'm not familiar with, mainly for synergy (and i know Fujin is that for most people) i have to guess. Now if you notice I don't have any medica SB users, outside of Y'shtola on that list above. It's because there are so many, those are hard for me to keep track of. I guess with those, person brings a healer character and not full cure, no BSB? You need to seriously ask if they are going to run out before the end.

I never understand the trolls on the top level of multiplayer. No one loses stamina, and if you troll early everyone just quits and the leader might finish anyway. It really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Felt like an unusually easy CM this week. I ignored the mimic stuff, no special strategy, just typical debuff 'n' spank. RW was Vessel of Fate. No SG necessary for mitigation, just Protect and Shell.

AN3dRiw.png

Aaaand event done. RW for this was Vanille BSB for an extra panic-button heal, which turned out to be welcome as this guy is capable of pumping out a ton of damage quickly, even under a lot of mitigation. Don't forget to bring BOTH water and holy for medal conditions.

ccbfan

The dawn of Cloud's USB approaches.

May the salt gods have mercy on our souls/mithril.

I was looking at the banner and it's pretty insane how stacked it is. I'm gonna go hard on it since I have no dupes.

There's like 5 relic in there I want.

Cloud USB - Game breaking relic but amazingly not my most wanted relic since I only have Cloud OSB and don't want to get Omega Drive.
Zack CSB - My most wanted relic. Super amazing with Cloud USB RW.
Cloud BSB2 - Another amazing BSB with CLoud USB (if I get this I really want cloud USB native), plus I have Cloud OSB.
Seph BSB2 - Have his OSB so this work well with it.
Cait BSB - Pretty great stackable buff on entry (when not using Clouds RW) and stackable debuffs.

Even the duds are a AOE full breakdown, a pentabeak and Cid Shout.

Yet to try CM...waiting on more V relics, perhaps, tomorrow.

Beat the 220. His ultimate move did a crap ton of damage. Last Stand might be useful for those yet to try, though I dont think mine triggered with perhaps 3 breaks on.

Snow continues to be an amazing character with his BSB. His entry deals a crap ton of damage. Had banishing on him for holy. Squall was the water dealer.

Ran with 85 Aeris as healer. Her ultra is pretty nice. Instant heals are awesome, plus stock and shell.

Boss also does other damage than water. Think it had ice and wind though not much damage.

Xetherion

Event done.

CM team was:

Gilgamesh - Life Siphon, Banish Strike, OSB
Faris - FB, MBD, RevWall
Lenna - Shellga, Ultra Cure
Krile - Chain Firaga, Meltdown, Sheepsong, BSB
ExDeath - Chain Blizzaga, Curaja, Grand Cross (unused)

RW - Vessel of Fate

Had to S/L once as my first attempt i tried using Krile's BSB instead of Sheepsong. Once Gogo started taking 2 actions per turn I couldn't keep up with the healing. 2nd attempt with Sheepsong was much easier, major Regen is still awesome, especially when you don't have a medica.

Apoc team was my usual mage meta team, but I brought Setzer w/ burst instead of Tyro to better mitigate the boss's piercing attacks. Was a pretty easy fight, boss used nothing but physical attacks (ST and AOE) until below 50% hp. She did use her Mind Blast attack once, but I had Paralyze resist on 4/5 of my team and no one got Paralyzed thankfully. She also started countering spells w/ counter Megaflare when low on hp, but thankfully not too often.

Syntsui

Cloud banner already? Wasn't it supposed to be after extreme fest? They REALLY want to drain everyone out, I'm afraid that shit will be incredibly stacked.

Balphon

Cloud banner already? Wasn't it supposed to be after extreme fest? They REALLY want to drain everyone out, I'm afraid that shit will be incredibly stacked.

Chronologically it's the next normal-ish event JP got, but this where extreme fest was in their calendar so I wouldn't be surprised if things get shuffled.

The maintenance and new schedule should be interesting. I'm heading out of country for a few weeks so hopefully the mp will be as easy as the past few. I figure I can complete events after my wife goes to sleep assuming I'm not too tired/drunk!

friz898

Finished Apoc today, so event all done.

My Apoc Team was Holy and Blink. Wish you could stack blinks!

Pecil - Holy BSB
Relm - Holy BSB w/ Last Stand
Agrias - Holy BSB w/ Imperil Holy
Tyro - Keepers Tome w/ Magic Blink
Firion - Holy BSB with Magic Blink.

RW Wall and Agrias had Wateraga for medal.

Third try did it. First two, I was trying to bring Tidus and O Knight instead of Tyro and Firion. So blinks made the difference.

I guess Motes tonight is all. Ah well.

That apoc was so easy I just did it while on a business phone call.

Tg cid w/osb and Gaia cross
Cloud with ls and engulfing twin strike-osb
Onion with bsb and ssb and protectga
Tyro with full break magic breakdown and sg
Eiko with shellga and bsb

Rw shout, didn't even use the second time

Stop hyping this crap up guys.

Agony.

Cloud USB will still work great (in some cases, better) as an RW if you don't pull it. Having it natively just gives you more options, like having SG or Shout or Vessel of Fate natively. If you do pull for it, you're going to want to have Cloud's BSB2 also to really take advantage of it.

Wait so Cloud banner is a good one to pull? What about Festa?

My poor Mythril.

I'm only pulling because I have clouds osb and both bsbs, so why not give him an extra +10 Atk. I have cait sith and Barrets ssbs on the banner, so there is some dupe risk. I don't view it as that good a banner frankly. Zacks chain is nice but he isn't a very useful character for my purposes. That said, I have luneths bsb, clouds bsb2 and can run infinite sky highs with skin, snow spells with Celes and meltdowns with exdewth, so I can get a wind chain pretty high I think. Missing a wind imperil unfortunately. sephiroth has more limited utility for me, though I have his endark ssb....

Kain

All the extra fights done, easy event. I did the 220 Omniscient in mp on the first try and without dispel lol. My Krile with her BSB was the MVP hitting for 4x9999 on the second half of the fight.

Speaking about the next banner, Cloud's USB works best as RW with my current relics, so please go for it everyone so I have it as a RW xD

All the extra fights done, easy event. I did the 220 Omniscient in mp on the first try and without dispel lol. My Krile with her BSB was the MVP hitting for 4x9999 on the second half of the fight.

Speaking about the next banner, Cloud's USB works best as RW with my current relics, so please go for it everyone so I have it as a RW xD

Kriles bsb gets,trashed routinely in surveys as being mediocre but anytime there is a fire-weak boss, it does a ton of work.

Pejo

Is there anywhere you can go to sort SB's by things as granular as imperil type? I've been waiting for a Holy or Earth imperil for so long, and I'm not sure which relics I should be looking for.

Rubenov

Cloud USB will still work great (in some cases, better) as an RW if you don't pull it. Having it natively just gives you more options, like having SG or Shout or Vessel of Fate natively. If you do pull for it, you're going to want to have Cloud's BSB2 also to really take advantage of it.

You can use it with Omega Drive as well if you don't pull the BSB2

Tidd

Is there anywhere you can go to sort SB's by things as granular as imperil type? I've been waiting for a Holy or Earth imperil for so long, and I'm not sure which relics I should be looking for.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit?pli=1#gid=344457459

And then use the search function to look for "imperil holy" or "imperil earth"

For Imperil Holy:
Beatrix BSB
Agrias BSB
Edward BSB
Leo SSB
Cid Raines SSB

For Imperil Earth:
Guy SSB
Guy BSB
Emperor USB
Yang SSB
Dorgann BSB
Cid (FF XIV) BSB
Meliadoul SSB

Cid (XIV), Meliadoul and Emperor's USB are Japan only for now. Dunno if anything else is Japan only.

friz898

Any tips for twin tania?

Was long slow kill. I did it with the element we don't mention around you. Someone else used a nave team, how is your water relics?

It doesn't hit very hard. I had ice resist one of my three attempts but later just used some +hp ffv axxesslories. One gave 700 hps, the other gave 1000.

Last stand or reraise helps, and key to my winning was having two magic Blink characters.

Anustart

Was long slow kill. I did it with the element we don't mention around you. Someone else used a nave team, how is your water relics?

It doesn't hit very hard. I had ice resist one of my three attempts but later just used some +hp ffv axxesslories. One gave 700 hps, the other gave 1000.

Last stand or reraise helps, and key to my winning was having two magic Blink characters.

Beat it pretty easy with my new, only good holy relic. Beatrix osb. Also have her mblink ssb so she did double duty.

Ended up using osb x2, ssb x2. Brought krile, ok, Larsa and rikku.

friz898

Beat it pretty easy with my new, only good holy relic. Beatrix osb. Also have her mblink ssb so she did double duty.

Ended up using osb x2, ssb x2. Brought krile, ok, Larsa and rikku.

Ya it seemed to be easier than last week and last week was easier than Asura and Levi.

There's talk on Reddit about the VI event possibly going up Thursday and it kinda makes sense if it happens. That's really not where it was expected to be a few weeks ago and it will fuck up all my plans. Might not be able to do more than 2 pulls if it's the case. Maybe it's a good thing in the end as I would probably finally quit if I don't get Celes BSB2 and I am really unlikely to get it with 2 pulls.

Top Bottom