• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Syntsui

Since we won't get Cloud USB before the fest, I decided to pull:

Gaffgarion SSB
Gogo SSB
RAPHA FUCKING BSB HOLY SHIT YEAH FINALLY SOMETHING GODLIKE

I wonder if it goes back to regular order next... I planned one pull for Jihl... Guess I won't now. Looks like they aim for maximum Mythrils drain, Lightning is very popular.

Balphon

Oh what's this about? I get my reddit and hot FFRK news from this thread!

Thursday event looks like it will be Jihl (FF13). Relative to JP this skips over the Cloud (FF7) event that was tied to extreme fest, the Meia (FF1) event which is a möbius event, and the Sabin/Celes (FF6) and Steiner (FF9) events that had slightly odd banner rates/structures.

We'll know the fuller schedule when it is datamined post maintenance on Thursday morning.

Grr fucking hell game another lucky draw? I still don't have enough mythril to do all of the nightmare lucky draws and now I got another realm one to do...

friz898

I think mine was good. Not as crazy good as some of you but got Lenna USB and Thancred BSB. Don't know much about Thancred's other than saw it was a fire one. Kinda heavy on fire.

Also got one 4star for an item I can now reforge to 7star.

friz898

Thursday event looks like it will be Jihl (FF13). Relative to JP this skips over the Cloud (FF7) event that was tied to extreme fest, the Meia (FF1) event which is a möbius event, and the Sabin/Celes (FF6) and Steiner (FF9) events that had slightly odd banner rates/structures.

We'll know the fuller schedule when it is datamined post maintenance on Thursday morning.

Right, I meant JP banner rates? This is some kind of an upgrade? The other stuff I learned from here like everyday the last two weeks lol

MrDaravon

Oh what's this about? I get my reddit and hot FFRK news from this thread!

I don't keep super close track of these things either, but as far as I understand if FF13 is this week that skips 4 (?) events including the highly anticipated FF7 event with Cloud's USB as well as the anticipated FF6 banners expected to loosely overlap with extremefest. IIRC Legend Materia was also introduced with this event so stuff is all out of order and kind of wacky now.

It seems like most people are assuming they intentionally shuffled this here because the FF13 banners are also highly anticipated so they're trying to get people to blow their load here then have to pull out their wallets for Cloud USB/FF6/Extremefest right after rather than giving them a bit of time to save for this after all of that. Seems kinda shitty?

WarAdept

ALL THESE MAGE META BURSTS

OdpcjCGl.jpg

Anustart

I got dupe Squall osb , No dupe, squall bsb, but I cried tis wrong gun blade :( bsb 1. But I'll take it. Then burst for papsmear.

That last one looks alright! Basically Maria bsb.

I needed 8 relics, but all it did was make squall even stronger, needed a medica or anything else!

WarAdept

I got dupe Squall usn, No dupe, squall bsb, but I cried tis wrong gun blade :( bsb 1. But I'll take it. Then burst for papsmear.

That last one looks alright! Basically Maria bsb.

Good pull. As you said, it's Maria's BSB but fire (and with a slightly higher MAG threshold for 6 hits)

Only 1/11, but at least it was brand new and a first for the character; Minfilia's Shield. It's my second Last Stand (first was Gordon's BSB).

I now have a relic for everyone in XIV, despite never playing the game!
Now, if only I could only draw a Medica... :/

Minfilia: 50% ATK + Last Stand SSB
Thancred: Hastega + 4-hit AoE Wind SSB
Yda: 30% ATK + 6-hit ST -50% Def SSB
Papalymo: 30% MAG + Hastega + CT down 3 SSB / EnIce SSB
Alphinaud: 30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield SSB / EnWind BSB
Y'shtola: Major Regen + ProShellga SSB ... :/

friz898

ALL THESE MAGE META BURSTS

OdpcjCGl.jpg

Just now looked at this actual pic.

lol those fucking golden shields, mesmerize blades, and crystal armors.

They should revamp and add new 3star and 4star kinda like an MMO, they release a new lower dungeon but with stuff the old lowbrow dungeons would never have had.

Anustart

Pretty happy with the pull. 2 new bsb and an osb to combine, giving me that gun blade with 205 attack with no synergy on a spellblade. Sorry bartz, got a new guy in town. Between him and balthier, bartz can't stay any longer.

evangd007

2/11 - Laguna BSB, Agrias BSB

I got Agrias OSB off of white mage banner so she has gone from zero to hero. Holy Imperil too! Time for a Holy team with Agrias, PCecil and... uh... Orlandu with OSB I guess?

In FFT I have Platinum Sword, Ragnarok, Excalibur, and 2 Saintly Excals. Overall I have 5 OSB swords. It's safe to fuse the Saintly Excals now, right?

This is my third relic on Laguna. What is he good at? I don't get machinists.

Xetherion

4/11, 1 dupe, 3 new

Ovelia ssb dupe

Edea ssb i'll never use since i have her hastega/faithga which is far more useful for CM

Thancred ssb bracer, would be cool if they weren't making all end-game bosses immune to interrupt now. At least the bracer has minor poison element resist, that's pretty rare, i'm a week 1 player and i only have 2 poison element resist accessories. Also won't be useful very often though.

Quistis OSB was my top prize. Don't have her bsb though, so no enPoison -> osb combo for me.

All in all not bad.

Balphon

Right, I meant JP banner rates? This is some kind of an upgrade? The other stuff I learned from here like everyday the last two weeks lol

Just a change in item distribution. A slight upgrade I suppose.

Current Banners: 1 OSB/USB (1%); 3 BSB (3%); 5 SSB/SB (10%)
Sabin/Steiner: 1 OSB (1%); 3 BSB (3%), 2 LM (2%); 4 SSB (8%)
Jihl & Later: 2 OSB/USB (2%); 3 BSB (3%); 2 LM (2%); 3 SSB (6%); 1 SSB/SB (1%)
E-Fest: 4 OSB/USB (4%); 6 BSB (6%); 2 SSB (4%)

Total 5* rate is flat at 14%.

WarAdept

What are the LM mechanics?

Each character will get their own LM grid, which is accessed by fully completing their current Record Sphere Grid.

xzqdoW7.png

The new grid operates the same as the RSG, unlock from the top down using new 5* motes. They give bonuses the same way the RSG does (stats, ability access, gear access, etc).

yf6r69C.png

The new thing here is that 2 of these nodes are Legend Materia, or materia specific to that character.

Each character can equip 2 legend materia on top of normal materia.

l2a37vw.png

Down the line, there are Materia Relics that you can pull, where instead of mastering for a Soul Break, you confer a new Legend Materia to that character.

That's it!

WarAdept

So what's the thing that we're pulling from the banner then? Do you need a special weapon to unlock this grid or something?

From the upcoming Jihl event? That's a piece of gear with a LM attached to it that's different from the ones gain from a characters LSG (Legend Sphere Grid)

E.g. You fully dive Lightning and she gets 2 LM from her grid :

LM1: Lightning damage +10%
LM2: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle.

That you manage to pull her Legend Materia Relic from the banner. You master it and you get another LM for her:

LM3: 25% chance of dual cast lightning abilities.

Lightning can now choose between 2 of the 3 LMs she has to equip.

Day 1 player, spent about $300, but it was all before gauranteed 5-star and I went 0/11 like 4 times (which is why I stopped giving this game money).

2 USB
6 OSB
28 BSB
52 Super
42 Unique

Pulled 8 dupe bursts and 1 dupe OSB now that I look at it.

From the upcoming Jihl event? That's a piece of gear with a LM attached to it that's different from the ones gain from a characters LSG (Legend Sphere Grid)

E.g. You fully dive Lightning and she gets 2 LM from her grid :

LM1: Lightning damage +10%
LM2: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle.

That you manage to pull her Legend Materia Relic from the banner. You master it and you get another LM for her:

LM3: 25% chance of dual cast lightning abilities.

Lightning can now choose between 2 of the 3 LMs she has to equip.

Ahh ok I get it. LM looks pretty powerful, will the dualcast work on SBs or BSB commands?

WarAdept

Ahh ok I get it. LM looks pretty powerful, will the dualcast work on SBs or BSB commands?

No to SBs, yes to BSB commands and abilities if they are classified as that school.

LM dualcast also stacks with current dualcast materia.

Get ready for shit like Bartz triplecasting Snowspell Strike in one turn.

Add Cloud USB for maximum lol.

No to SBs, yes to BSB commands and abilities if they are classified as that school.

LM dualcast also stacks with current dualcast materia.

Get ready for shit like Bartz triplecasting Snowspell Strike in one turn.

Add Cloud USB for maximum lol.

So, let's see. Squall BSB2 command 2 does 6 hits while under Cloud USB RW effect triple-casted?

WarAdept

So, let's see. Squall BSB2 command 2 does 6 hits while under Cloud USB RW effect triple-casted?

Under standard optimal conditions (2 Draw and Junction for 6 hits), it would be :

6 hit (normal CMD2) + 6 hit (LM dualcast proc) + 6 hit (RM dualcast process) for a total of 18 hits in one command.

But that's not even taking into account D&J can be triple casted as well...

Skipping all the way to the XIII event is quite a bizarre choice. Hopefully the maintenance will shed some more light on the overall plan.

I really want the Mobius collab ASAP. I get that it's most likely delayed because Meia isn't in the western version yet, so I hope Mobius doesn't drag their feet getting to her.

Under standard optimal conditions (2 Draw and Junction for 6 hits), it would be :

6 hit (normal CMD2) + 6 hit (LM dualcast proc) + 6 hit (RM dualcast process) for a total of 18 hits in one command.

But that's not even taking into account D&J can be triple casted as well...
Each cast in a double or triple cast would count as a separate Junction, si?

Top Bottom