• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Tidd

July 4th is the day we should get the FF VII event and Cloud's USB. So yeah it will be released after the fest. ;)

So they skipped to the FF XIII event and are going backwards lol
FF XIII (this week) --> FF IX (next week, RIP my mythril) --> FF VI --> FF XII --> FF VII

Hmm, I have Legend Grid unlocked for Tyro now, but I'm not sure what's the best way to spend the free motes to unlock his Legend Materias. Do you just have to reach the LM to unlock it, or do you have to unlock everything touching it?

Considering that you need to link both spheres for the normal Record Spheres I would say it would be the same for this.

Can't really decide who I should start with. Squall, Y'shtola, Cloud (if I pulls his USB) for their double cast. Tyro or Ramza for the extended buff or Zidane for his Trance (which would be just because I'm a FFIX fan) Looks like I will never use my 5* motes. lol

WarAdept

Probably going to go Tyro first.

I have his Wall/BSB/USB and to juggle between all 3 comfortably sounds amazing.

Might do Zidane because I'm a sucker for IX. ..

...but Doublecast LMs.

100 gem pull on the Nightmare Selection banner...

yUoA1u2.jpg

THRILLED with this pull. Most of the banner is dupes for me, and Physician's Staff is an SSB I've always wanted due to the unique ether effect and just liking Vanille. The only arguably better outcome would have been Squall's BSB2 but this suits me fine!

Considering that you need to link both spheres for the normal Record Spheres I would say it would be the same for this.

Yup. I started on Tyro's, and you have to unlock all adjacent spheres to unlock a new one. Which means we are just short of the Wisdom and Bravery motes needed to get to his first LM. :(

That feeling when your 100 gem rainbow turns out to be a dupe. Alas for a second cloud bsb2, but hey better than nothing. Oh and to douple the pain I got the extremely rare major augment when combining.hmmm

Czarcasm

So I decided to do some relic pulls today

First the Nightmare Select: 3/11 Triple Dupe, 2x Plat Sword and a Physician's Staff
I only had 4 Items on that banner and this happens

Next up, Tactics Banner 1: 2/11 Double Wizard's Robes

Yeah, I'm not doing my XIII pull today, luck is just not with me

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any character that's worth getting the legendary materia for at the moment? The 4* motes are already impossible to get...

Does the Ramza one extend Shout significantly?

Also, how does Snowspell Strike work? Do you get a copy of the ability for every character that you unlock it on?

Is there any character that's worth getting the legendary materia for at the moment? The 4* motes are already impossible to get...

Totally depends on what characters you use and like. And as you say, it's not exactly a small ask to have a character fully 4* dived in the first place. I only have Tyro, Onion Knight, Luneth, and Lightning.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/74841072

Does the Ramza one extend Shout significantly?

40%, but only the stat boost part of the buff. The duration of Haste is not extended.

Also, how does Snowspell Strike work? Do you get a copy of the ability for every character that you unlock it on?

You don't have to create multiple copies, but you can. Which means, you can use multiple characters to make multiple copies of the ability, and then shatter the extra copies for crystals.

Actually wait, there's 6 spheres that you don't need for Tyro. All you need are

Black Mage (3* Motes)
White Mage (3* Motes)
Magus (4* Motes)
Devout (4* Motes)
Spellblade (4* Motes)

and you can unlock Legend.

Xetherion

Bah, i don't really care for Zidane but the game keeps giving me his relics, and now after reading about his LM in that gfaqs thread i think i may have to dive him. IIRC his OSB is actually typed as THF school, so his Trance would let him insta-cast it.

Letting him get below 20% hp would be a bit of a PITA though.

Anustart

I'm buffing Beatrix. Double cast knight abilities is alright! Question time, if a knight ability is double cast, does it count as 2 uses in regards to osb mechanic?

Hahahha

2 pulls, 100 mythril gone

2/11 cid material thing cid ssb light armor

3/11 lighntning USB lightning material thing cid ssb fist

Wowza

Already had
Lightning osb and bsb2
Cid bsb

So that is a crazy duo. Dumped all my Rosetta's into the osb and got a major augment, second today after my 100 gem pull this morning.

MrDaravon

Forgot I never pulled on the Support LD, just pulled and got Tyro OSB and Faris BSB

IIRC Tyro's USB is crap and Faris' BSB is pretty good?

Forgot I never pulled on the Support LD, just pulled and got Tyro USB and Faris BSB

Tyro us, the light armor is awesome. You're thinking the OSB book. The USB is astra haste and whatever that damage pool is called.

Faris bsb is awesome I wish I had it. That is a great pull!

Legend dive tyro so his wall lasts forever and you can balance both sbs

WarAdept

Forgot I never pulled on the Support LD, just pulled and got Tyro USB and Faris BSB

Faris BSB is a good support BSB.

Tyro's USB is far from crap. Party Astra, Hastega, NonCharge 2 to user, 2k reactive heals.

You can chain 2 Wraths together with 0 cast time and make Tyro spam his USB every 3rd turn so he becomes a status immunity God with a medica built in.

Anustart

Did a 1 pull. Got nabaat burst.

Dark imperil will go nice with my other couple dark bursts. Especially with the command that has chance to imperil. Noice. I contemplated doing a 3 pull, but thought if the 3 pull failed I'm going to do single pulls til empty so did the single first.

I'm on a good streak here. Actually have too many characters I need to level for new bursts acquired.

Tidd

Decided to do the FF XIII event and I'm always optimizing my party for the easy stages. Was shocked that I have like 0 synergy for XIII. Seriously the only weapons I have is the Evil Lantern and Lightning's first SSB.. a gun.

Yeah so I did a pull. Less mythril for IX. Guess I should get another 50 mythril till next week. Maybe even do a paid pull because it's 9. :p

So back to my pull got 3/11.
Nabaat SSB
Cid SSB
Cid BSB!!!!! OH YES!

Wish I had gotten his LM relic instead of one of those SSBs but it's okay. Personally I wanted some of Lightning's swords but hey I got one of the best mage relics in the game. Can't really complain.

Well so much for good luck, I just did like 8 pulls and got everything but Lightning USB :(

Oh and I got 3 of Cid's OSB. Thanks DeNA

Lol, I didn't do quite as many pulls as that, but I did several and wound up with damn near everything on the banner except Lightning USB and Raines OSB. Oh well, I'm pretty happy with three new BSBs including Raines.

Lol, I didn't do quite as many pulls as that, but I did several and wound up with damn near everything on the banner except Lightning USB and Raines OSB. Oh well, I'm pretty happy with three new BSBs including Raines.

I ended up doing 3 more, still no USB. Lol, I'm done for real this time. I never wanna hear anyone questioning my luck again! 11 pulls!

Syntsui

I ended up doing 3 more, still no USB. Lol, I'm done for real this time. I never wanna hear anyone questioning my luck again! 11 pulls!
I did about 11 pulls and wasted the rest of my mithril in singles chasing Orlandu OSB the first time it came. Fun times.

Of course I got it on my first try without wasting money the second time it came on banner.

Pretty much the same thing happened with Cid BSB, but I did 4 or 5 pulls the first time I tried I think.

Balphon

Went ahead and did one pull.

2/11, Lightning LM and Raines BSB.

Would've preferred one of the other Lightning items but can't complain about the result.

Leaves me with 150 mythril that I'll probably sit on at least until we know what the E-Fest banners look like.

ZangBa

From no Cid gear to SSB, BSB and OSB. I would have liked to spread my gear out more for the realm but at least Cid will be a beast now.

ultra7k

My completed Lightning is now incomplete :(

Wasn't able to get her new USB weapon in 3 pulls, so I won't chase it. Did get 2 copies of her LM though, and LM dived her as far as she can go.

Caim

Wait, the Tyro legend materia increases the duration of SG?

Yeah.

Wall, OSB buff, and the stat buff abilities.

Stuff like Haste, Protect/Shell, and High Critical aren't affected.

For Ramza, it affects his USB buff, DEF buff from BSB, as well as ATK buff from Shout.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah.

Wall, OSB buff, and the stat buff abilities.

Stuff like Haste, Protect/Shell, and High Critical aren't affected.

For Ramza, it affects his USB buff, DEF buff from BSB, as well as ATK buff from Shout.

Oh weird, I guess I never thought of Wall as a "buff". Guess I have to spend some job motes on him.

(Where do you get more job motes anyway??)

WarAdept

Oh weird, I guess I never thought of Wall as a "buff". Guess I have to spend some job motes on him.

(Where do you get more job motes anyway??)

You only need to use stat motes to get his LMs, not job motes.

Job motes can only be obtained from Torment Dungeons. They're rare, so choose wisely.

Top Bottom