• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

Spoiler, MCA is also in the MVP club :-/

You totally won that if you had direct quote him to reply. I scrolled up for fear of being owned.

But nope you didn't, you just promptly announced your bling. I did know at least one other posted that day they were in the club.

Balphon

They really just need to cool it with the imperil dark relics.

There are more imperil dark SBs in the game than there are imperils for ice, water, earth, and poison combined. It's silly.

Anustart

They should create PvP somehow. Id love to fight each and every one of you. Would have to have a wallet imperil to fight some though.

Also this topic not the same without falk.

PvP always sounds cool until it's implemented, and then it becomes a huge chore because there's inevitably some kind of stupid ladder system and it's tied to the same resource pool as everything else (e.g. stamina). Or maybe I'm just soured on it from Brave Frontier, Brave Exvius, and Dragon Blaze.

friz898

They should create PvP somehow. Id love to fight each and every one of you. Would have to have a wallet imperil to fight some though.

Also this topic not the same without falk.

Falk seems to want to be a casual or break away. Also he likes to use the discord. I knew him more as a new FF mod, I came to this thread quite a while after that promotion.

I see discord as a chat room to setup stuff like your raid that time. But this post and leave and come back at your convenience is better for me.

Speaking of raids. If anybody needs anything or wants to do any raids, just post, sure I can help.

friz898

PvP always sounds cool until it's implemented, and then it becomes a huge chore because there's inevitably some kind of stupid ladder system and it's tied to the same resource pool as everything else (e.g. stamina). Or maybe I'm just soured on it from Brave Frontier, Brave Exvius, and Dragon Blaze.

I tried the first two games you mentioned. Not for me. However the only other game I play these days while ignoring PS4 and current gaming pc is this other phone game called Evilbane. I love it and I run a top 20 guild amongst hundresds but you really see the difference there. There since pvp and guild vs guild, you really see what money can do to a game. Like make real hate and jealousy etc so ya..

It's like, what if we wanted to do some 4v4 pvp here set up like a raid. How do we pick teams and not get sour over relics or spend all day theory crafting more than actually having fun and battling.

I guess what I am saying is I agree with you. Sounds so much fun until it happens.

How long have all you guys been playing? I actually started day one, but I wasn't playing "seriously" for the first several months. I would just pick my favorite characters and auto-battle through each event until I couldn't win by auto battling, and stop there. Ironically it was a work situation that got me deeper into the game-- I moved to a new position on a new team where we had to wait on training and certification before we could get any work done, so I spent a period of weeks with almost nothing to do all day at work. There was an FF8 event and I think this was right as Memory Crystal IIs were first being introduced, and I really wanted Squall's MC2. So I was forced to put in the effort to master the event and learn how to actually play the game.

Rubenov

How long have all you guys been playing? I actually started day one, but I wasn't playing "seriously" for the first several months. I would just pick my favorite characters and auto-battle through each event until I couldn't win by auto battling, and stop there. Ironically it was a work situation that got me deeper into the game-- I moved to a new position on a new team where we had to wait on training and certification before we could get any work done, so I spent a period of weeks with almost nothing to do all day at work. There was an FF8 event and I think this was right as Memory Crystal IIs were first being introduced, and I really wanted Squall's MC2. So I was forced to put in the effort to master the event and learn how to actually play the game.

I've been playing since January. This game is already in the top 3 for me in terms of time spent / longevity.

And it seems like it will carry on for much longer. Can't wait for Magicite dungeons and Full Throttle Torments.

Been playing since day 1, kinda had a lul of barely keeping up after the last fest where I started not completeing events on time and was tempted to put the game down for good. This past week I started putting in some time to play while listening to podcast again (how I normally play) and it resparked the fire.

Xetherion

Been playing since week 1, love the game. Have always played seriously, have gotten bored with doing dailies sometimes but i always complete events.

friz898

Been playing since Sep 2015. It's when I got my nexus 6 and first tried mobile gaming. It's easy to remember because getting Evil Lantern and Witch Hat was godly.

I have played pretty much everyday since without fail. I didn't start reading this thread daily until around Nov or Dec.

Been playing since week 1, love the game. Have always played seriously, have gotten bored with doing dailies sometimes but i always complete events.
Same here. I still haven't done the tip top difficulty stuff yet though. I 100% Master and CM every event (except for the OG Parade Float and that one recent Omega battle), but I still haven't done the last few Nightmare battles, Mote 2 CM or even touched any Torments.

Anustart

I've been playing since the start but took like 9 months off after playing for a couple months.

Got fed up with never pulling a 5 star. Rates were terrible back then, or so it felt. Came back about a year ago and almost quit because I wanted some item from a ff9 banner but all i got was 7 thunder gloves.

Caim

Day one but I didn't really start getting into the game until around the time Cloud's MC2 dropped.

MrDaravon

Finally went back and got the CM's done on all of the Mote Dungeons, feels good to have that done finally.

Still haven't touched the Torments though; tried again to do the FFV CM one and just cannot do it. My FFV synergy is too weak, I need a native boostega besides Lennas because she's got the only Medica I have for the realm so I can't reasonably not need her fulltime for healing, and so if I RW a boostega I can't deal with the damage I'm taking, and if I RW Wall I can't do enough damage. It's very annoying, and if fest wasn't so close I'd consider spending the very least of my mythril on a pull one one of the current FFV banners.

They continue to all come back around so it's not a big deal but still annoying. I'm still thrilled I got the Nightmares all Mastered and now all of the Mote Dungeons are done as well for me.

Xetherion

Same here. I still haven't done the tip top difficulty stuff yet though. I 100% Master and CM every event (except for the OG Parade Float and that one recent Omega battle), but I still haven't done the last few Nightmare battles, Mote 2 CM or even touched any Torments.

I didn't complete Parade Float either, but i've done all the Nightmare and Mote battles including CM. The only Torment i've done is the V one. I actually did the CM when it first came out, but didn't have the tools to do the 250 difficulty until recently and finally did it this time around. I might start doing the rest of the Torments, but i've generally been waiting until I can do the CM so that i don't have to do them twice.

I've been playing since November on this account, but i was a day 1 player for maybe 8 months on an old account. The time between I didn't play

Syntsui

Any tips on improving the game's performance? I'm running it on Oneplus 3 and it's worse and worse with each updates.

Buy an iPhone or play on an android device that is not updated with the latest firmware. I too have an OnePlus 3 and the game is B-R-O-K-E-N. Reports online suggest this is a thing with android Nougat and the game is just not optimized for it.

friz898

Buy an iPhone or play on an android device that is not updated with the latest firmware. I too have an OnePlus 3 and the game is B-R-O-K-E-N. Reports online suggest this is a thing with android Nougat and the game is just not optimized for it.

Shitty. I thought you had mentioned it got all fixed but man that would be awful to me. Be like trying to play quake and your computer can run enough fps or smoothly to play competitively.

Syntsui

Shitty. I thought you had mentioned it got all fixed but man that would be awful to me. Be like trying to play quake and your computer can run enough fps or smoothly to play competitively.
The previous problem I had was with incorrect placement of the touchable part of the game icons. My phone was updated a few days after that and it was fixed.

The performance though is still atrocious. I can only play raids on the emulator.

WarAdept

The previous problem I had was with incorrect placement of the touchable part of the game icons. My phone was updated a few days after that and it was fixed.

The performance though is still atrocious. I can only play raids on the emulator.

Galaxy 6 Edge user here, my icon placement is still fucked.

In addition, a lot of the time the game gets stuck on the Now Loading screen and I have to restart the app if I'm on mobile data. Doesn't hang up on Wifi for some arbitrary reason.

FIX MY GAME DENA

60FPS plz

Galaxy 6 Edge user here, my icon placement is still fucked.

In addition, a lot of the time the game gets stuck on the Now Loading screen and I have to restart the app if I'm on mobile data. Doesn't hang up on Wifi for some arbitrary reason.

FIX MY GAME DENA

60FPS plz

I get the hangs too on iOS, I think that's platform independent.

friz898

I get the hangs too on iOS, I think that's platform independent.

totally possibly of course.

To be on the other side, my iphone is a 7 and I haven't seen that issue yet.

But aside from performance on my Nexus 6 for two years that seems like it IS running on an emulator (where according to Syn, Bluestacks or whatever is probably running it better, which is crazy) I did get now loading hangs too with Android, even before the Nougat update.

Also, I would have like "account not synced" or whatever those other errors are where it was trying to continue where you left off or load a battle and it's like something was off. When I had googled it, people who were more fed up than I were reinstalling it to fix it. Fortunately for my lazy tail, it went away after a week without me doing anything. Was like data was unsynced or something, and it would just make you restart game in the middle of a now loading screen.

Not everybody can just go out and buy an iphone, and I know that. My Nexus 6 had been through two cracked screens was only the second smart phone (after Droid DNA) ever and I loved it, I did. But man...

now that I've gone to the dark side, anybody on the fence, I'm telling you, like Syn said, iPhone is really night and day difference. I guess it's because of iPhone domination in Japan? Anyways. I never felt like a second-rate citizen with Android until DeNa showed me I was.

(Oh and the Grey bars arent missed, WTF, cant even optimize some kind of dynamic resolution or something? bah!)

friz898

You start with full soul break gauge at the cost of not being able to generate anymore.

So stuff like lifesiphon, mako might RM, and etc is useless.

Ya I don't remember who was telling us about it on here a couple of days ago. I think it was when we were talking about this new Legend Materia system.

Anyway, this idea seems to mix it up just enough that you'll play it differently somewhat, but not so much that it's polarizing. I'm excited about it.

I do like this name better than "Jump Start." At first I thought cpp was talking about that Full Throttle Remaster in the works, but after I read it twice, it clicked.

Edit: cpp, Record Synergy+ !?!? Hell yes to people like me who's leveled a ton of people! I havent logged in yet tonight since the reset an hour and half ago.

friz898

Could I get a few of you to weigh in on the 4 and 5star Darkness Abilities?

I rarely to never use any of them except for Reaping Scythe and Dire Heal.

Sanguine Cross was my first one (I think everybody's first one? been a while).

I even have the 4star abilities fully honed but, I'm thinking about shattering most of them.

Besides Dire Heal and Reaping Scythe, which others are really good, or overlooked/underestimated, or whatever?

Caim

Could I get a few of you to weigh in on the 4 and 5star Darkness Abilities?

I rarely to never use any of them except for Reaping Scythe and Dire Heal.

Sanguine Cross was my first one (I think everybody's first one? been a while).

I even have the 4star abilities fully honed but, I'm thinking about shattering most of them.

Besides Dire Heal and Reaping Scythe, which others are really good, or overlooked/underestimated, or whatever?

Dark Zone is really good.

Balphon

Most Darkness abilities are terrible, especially the physical ones.

Dark Zone, Dire Heal, and Memento Mori are good. Dark Bargain is okay if you really need the extra ATK buff. Necrofear might be worth it if your MAG is so high you'll benefit from having more hits even at the lower multiplier.

The rest are not worth it.

friz898

Thanks both of you.

I'll take a second look at Dark Zone, perhaps test it out on a daily.

I've heard someone mention Memento Mori before, and I didn't "see how it was good" then either, but I'll take another look, especially since it's fully honed. The abilities that cast Doom are terrible for a Torment or extremely long boss fight right? I mean, is there something not as obvious that I'm not thinking of?

Necrofear? That's either a popular nickname for something, or I don't think I have it.

Thanks again!

Balphon

Memento Mori is good because it's an easy stackable self-MAG buff. But yes, in a situation where you think the Doom counter might actually run out it's a bad idea.

Necrofear isn't released yet but is due soon, I don't know what the translated name is.

Ah got the DU down and the FFV Cid Mission thanks to the Lucky Draw Relics. The reraise from Lenna's burst came in handy when Gogo started double casting and it is nice to have an FFV medica at long last. Maybe the Ramza USB as a RW was not the ideal choice.

Not bothering with Twintania because I had enough trouble with the DU version (yes I know you cast death when it charges gigaflare but I only had break crafted and waiting out the fight only for it to miss was not as fun as brute force). I suppose there being three hours left on the event and I've done no prep is another reason.

Omniscient I tackled the U+ version but A+ is no fun. Oh Tyro let wall expire...here is a OHKO flare ^_^. Oh lots of elemental damage yet the 6 people you are raiding with are not wearing Gigas armlets (though I admit accessories and job motes* are where newer accounts really get left behind so it might be they lack these).

*-When they first debuted there was an event (the 5 dooms) which I believe gave more job motes than all the torment dungeons currently out...probably part of the reason why I don't care for torments. Though I guess these jump start battles giving the 5* motes required for legend materia is a way to try and make me care (plus I believe the motes they just gave us as just enough to not unlock any).

Most Darkness abilities are terrible, especially the physical ones.

Dark Zone, Dire Heal, and Memento Mori are good. Dark Bargain is okay if you really need the extra ATK buff. Necrofear might be worth it if your MAG is so high you'll benefit from having more hits even at the lower multiplier.

The rest are not worth it.
It is kind of funny having Exdeath and Golbez bursts. The former doesn't need Memento Mori or Dark zone (as his commands cover those) whereas the latter doesn't need dire heal as command 2 can heal (it's one of those summoner bursts where command 1 modifies the commands).

Top Bottom