• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

notworksafe

just got an iphone and finally decided to try this game out since a title with sprite versions of all the ff characters is right up my alley.

at the moment just working on the story mode and not worrying about much else. should i just take the advice in the op and grind black mage/white mage/summoner to 50 and then worry about other stuff then or are there other things i should be working on in the meantime?

ZangBa

just got an iphone and finally decided to try this game out since a title with sprite versions of all the ff characters is right up my alley.

at the moment just working on the story mode and not worrying about much else. should i just take the advice in the op and grind black mage/white mage/summoner to 50 and then worry about other stuff then or are there other things i should be working on in the meantime?

OP sounds outdated, don't bother with them. Keep doing the story dungeons until you're at a point where your stamina stops refreshing. There is this feature called Roaming Warriors that you may have been introduced to already, this will help you clear most early content by themselves. This is the perfect time to start playing because there is a festival, so I'd try to at least clear some of the orb dungeons at least once, the first 3 at least.

When you choose a Roaming Warrior, I suggest picking the ones that have a red flame icon, those are Burst Soul Breaks. They are really powerful and will probably wipe out bosses pretty easily for awhile.

Try to clear as much of the events that are available near the last day and use those characters instead of cores like White Mage or Black Mage. You have a lot of time before the current FFXII event goes away, I'm sure there is a White Mage character in there. The events will also Souls of a Hero that you can use to get any character available, you can save these for when you pull relics. I would definitely save up 50 mythril and pull on the fest banner while it's here for a great selection of strong gear, then use a Soul or Souls on the character or characters you need. Only do pulls with 50 mythril, it is by far the best investment.

Maybe someone else will have better insight for you, I'm not that good with this sort of thing.

ultra7k

Save your mythrils for 11 pulls only, and obviously for lucky draws which pop up from time to time and will net you half priced draws.

If you like some of the characters on the current Summer Festival banners, it's worth an 11x pull as you can get some pretty powerful stuff, plus it has Tyro's wall relic which will help in tons of content.

Otherwise, always remember your best characters are the ones you have relics for, unless they are your waifu/husbando.

friz898

Hi! I love reasons to spam this thread!

Only (for a good while) focus on who you pull relics for and your personal favorites. Mythril starts out pretty accessible but it won't take long where it is a precious resource.

Grind story dungeons. You can beat the easiest orbfeat and daily dungeon boards. Nice rewards there. As you can or want too, grind orbfest foe exp, orbs, and money. We get them quarterly.

Use white mage and black mage for just long enough until you get 3-5 named characters including a healer. Then lock up those mages and never let them roam free again.

Post more questions as needed, lots of very helpful FFRK addicts in this thread.

Syntsui

I only have 54 mithril, considering I won't drop money for 11x pulls in this game anymore this will be a make or break moment for me here >.>

I should have had about almost 300 mithril but I kept pulling on stupid Lucky Relics and other mediocre banners and now I'm in this situation.

Balphon

Despite the hype for this banner the non-Zack and Cloud items on it are average to terrible.

Likewise, the Zack stuff (i.e. the stuff you'd actually want to have natively) is on the largely better Dirge of Cerberus 2 banner in a month or so.

notworksafe

thanks for the tips everyone! already leveling quickly and i've got some ff12 heros, rydia, and white mage right now and just working to replace wm. seems the early bits are just grinding story but i'm sure i'll have more questions soon enough

friz898

Despite the hype for this banner the non-Zack and Cloud items on it are average to terrible.

Likewise, the Zack stuff (i.e. the stuff you'd actually want to have natively) is on the largely better Dirge of Cerberus 2 banner in a month or so.

Good because I held out 30 bucks bday cash and 50 mythril to get Wall and whiffed badly. Me and my remaining 6 mythril are on a first name basis as you can do that when you have such a small classroom.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wouldn't the Cloud USB come back in other banners?

Just looking at how it's used... holy shit, retameta is back again? lol

Iscariot

Something to focus on in respect to the abilities.

Probably the 3 most important skills to save for:

1: Fullbreak
2/3: Protecga and Shellga.

Getting fullbreak to Rank 2 ASAP will make your life infinitely easier even mid tier fights. It stacks with the breakdowns and breaks, of which Magic Breakdown is probably the most important followed by Power, Armor/Resist, and finally Mind (is fairly gimmicky).

Most of the 3 star abilities you can skip and only make as needed. The four star spells will probably be the best you can afford in terms of mages till you can farm a lot of majors. Life Siphon and Wrath will likely become bread n butter abilities for you as you gain characters and various gear. But out of the gate most characters have trash default soul breaks so skip them till you get the gear.

You will definitely want to get Tyro and Cloud to 50 ASAP so you can start to get their Relic Materias. They provide one bar of Soul Break energy at the start of a fight. And for much later I'd suggest breaking Luneth's 3rd cap to get him to level 99 so you can use his RM to speed the leveling of your other characters.

http://happypluto.com/%7Emisterp/r/ffrk.pdf

Should help with having a handy resource, gets updated about once a month. And head to https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/ for guides for events and questions if you want the extra help.

Rubenov

The anticipation, man. I'm watching the minutes go by so frickin slow. This is the most hyped banner since I started playing.... I wonder if the hype has surpassed the Platinum Sword 1st banner.

Syntsui

Is it more, or like Advance, the USB seems much more useful as a RW than as a native on Cloud?

Why not both? People kept saying this about Cid Raine's BSB and the flexibility of have it innate or doubling down on it makes an gigantic diference in fights where enemies are weak to either dark or holy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why not both? People kept saying this about Cid Raine's BSB and the flexibility of have it innate or doubling down on it makes an gigantic diference in fights where enemies are weak to either dark or holy.
I can see Cid's BSB being useful native since it affects the whole party.

It just seems like Terra's USB, where you need her OSB to make it worth having. Although the idea of having Cloud be a retaliate monster with high damage double attacks is something that I almost want to try just for nostalgia's sake. lol

friz898

Alright, I've read all the hype, and I've seen the vid that was posted here like 4-5 months ago when it arrived in Japan, so what does it actually do?

I had gathered it like multiplied your hits .. but wasn't sure what all effects or value of multiplier and/or anything else.

I'm fixing to google it for a good 5 mins, but I figured i'd get a clear/concise reply here.

Edit: Ahh google didn't fail me, anybody else avoiding the strenuous research of typing for 5 seconds, then fear not, here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5u1w0h/how_to_use_cloud_usb/

Balphon

Is it me, or like Advance, the USB seems much more useful as a RW than as a native on Cloud?

Generally yes since the desirable part of it is the physical damage buffs associated with its EX mode that the user gets.

It works fine with Cloud himself but you'd want something other than the USB (i.e. his BSB2) in order to stack up more buffs and take advantage of the EX Mode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Generally yes since the desirable part of it is the physical damage buffs associated with its EX mode that the user gets.

It works fine with Cloud himself but you'd want something other than the USB (i.e. his BSB2) in order to stack up more buffs and take advantage of the EX Mode.
Yeah, as someone with his crappy first BSB, I think my hype just went down tremendously lol

Is it me, or like Advance, the USB seems much more useful as a RW than as a native on Cloud?

If you have his BSB2 or a well-honed Omega Drive, then Cloud himself is well positioned to take advantage of his USB. Otherwise, yeah, you might be better off RW'ing for use with another character.

Best answer is Why Not Both though. :) I have native SG but I still RW it frequently if I don't feel like putting Tyro in the party. Options are always better.

WarAdept

So we're coming full circle.

Cloud returns to his throne like in the beginning days of RK and abilities instead of BSBs will be king again.

Good luck everyone.

May RNGesus have mercy on our mithril.

And I'm out.

3 pulls
1 Vulcan, so now a reformed gun arm yay!
2 cid ssb spears
2 Rufus ssb guns
1 Vincent ssb gun
And thank god for the 100 gem USB, otherwise this was all ssbs here.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Took me 7x11 pulls. Here are my results.

2x Combat Shotgun
2x Blue Megaphone
2x Enhancer
1x Ultima Blade
1x Heavy Vulcan
1x Short Barrel
1x Force Stealer

After Rikku's & Edge's event, I'm done whaling for a while.

Jarekx

Got it after 5 pulls. Got two disco balls at the end. Was hoping for one Cloud USB and Zack CSB but I'll take what I got.

4 gun arms
1 Cid SSB
1 Seph BSB2
2 Cloud BSB 2
1 Cait Super
1 Cait BSB
1 Vincent SSB
1 Rufus SSB

Friend Code: fdnF

Top Bottom